PDA

View Full Version : Where is the cheating exactly going on

SteveP
Dec 8, 2006, 08:09 AM
Hi guys,

Newbie here, played PSO mega BITD and now have PSU.

Nice site here, glad to see it's a friendly site and like me you guys hate the abuse of a game ie CHEATING.

I've been reading through the posts and there seems to be a lot of cheating going on.

My main question is:-

Where is the cheating going on mainly, by that I mean the PC, PS2 or 360 format.

I personally play on the 360 and have not encounted anything untoward as yet, been playing since day one.

Thanks in Advance

SteveP

Dhylec
Dec 8, 2006, 07:41 PM
As you can see, the cheating/hacking/duping happened on PC/PS2. Since I haven't met or seen any cheating & I don't trust hackers' claims, so I guess that you don't take 'news' so seriously.

DoubleJG
Dec 8, 2006, 10:58 PM
Cheating goes on in your mind. It really isn't out there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Calibur
Dec 9, 2006, 11:05 PM
So far there was a meseta duping hack, after they updated game guard the problem got fixed for now....

Konstanse_Xx
Dec 10, 2006, 07:22 PM
Cheats are most likely to occur in the most populated areas.

Of course PC/PS2 would be cracked first...it's the easiest to crack.

sniperslay
Dec 14, 2006, 04:19 PM
dude i have a question? plz email me if the will be... warned i just want to know. if you not cheating online is that a problem and can't you always cheat imean you can always hack. and are all this chat on pso online. and if you aren't cheating on line whats the problem with cheats just tell me im wondering

Arislan
Dec 14, 2006, 04:50 PM
It's one of the site rules that we don't discuss methods of cheating/hacking. Discussing the fact that there are hacks, that's one thing. Discussing how to do them (PAR codes, programs, etc) are right out. Read the sticky at the top of the forum for more info. ^_^

Superguppie
Dec 15, 2006, 04:15 AM
@sniperslay:
If someone cheats or hacks offline there is no problem. We are talking about cheating and hacking in online gaming here. The main problem is that the results of that cheat/hack affects other players. Players who have also payed their fee, and have probably come to play a nice honest game. Just think what would happen if you are playing monopoly, and you would have the money from your own monopoly set in your back pocket.
It is always possible to hack a game, but that doesn't mean you have to. And even if you manage to do it, it doesn't mean you have to use it to ruin the game for others.
I think the main reason for the original poster asking where the cheaters are is to evade them. To keep the effects as far away from them as possible. I tried that on PSO, and was hunted down, even in the most remote, backwater blockI wasn't safe from people deliberately coming to annoy me. So now I oppose cheating/hacking completely. The effects of it can not be evaded, so it should stop completely.

sniperslay
Dec 15, 2006, 10:39 AM
dude im not saying im cheating i just want to know. i know want ot know cheats

Cylicon
Dec 15, 2006, 06:12 PM
what?

omegapirate2k
Dec 16, 2006, 02:04 PM
On 2006-12-15 15:12, Cylicon wrote:
what?

your guess is as good as mine.

Kaidenx
Dec 16, 2006, 02:43 PM
On 2006-12-15 07:39, sniperslay wrote:

Uh...NANI!? ..Something be' flawed there lmfao.

SteveP
Dec 21, 2006, 10:55 AM
Hey guys, from some of your responces you seem to imply that I'm looking for cheats or that I am a cheater.

In NO way am I any of the two.

The reason I asked was due to the fact if mass cheating was going on in the 360 version, then I simply wouldnt want to pay my subscription to a game where there is a lot of cheating.

For me this game and PSO is all about obtaining the best items etc that you can WITHOUT cheating.

Whats the point in me playing for rares when everybody has them, for me thats the whole point in the game, finding rares and showing them off http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Cheers

Silenced
Dec 22, 2006, 12:32 AM
On 2006-12-15 07:39, sniperslay wrote:

This is either a joke or an example of the average IQ of a PS hacker. SEGA, for shame... for shame.

Back on topic: yes, PC/PS2 are far easier to cheat on since you can crack the PC far more easily. I remember in the back of my mind that someone mentioned meseta duping on XBOX360 but maybe they were just confused (or I'm just confused http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif). 360 sounds like it's in much better condition, in any case.