PDA

View Full Version : Partying with an NPC (Noob Alert)

Sceadu
Dec 8, 2006, 02:30 PM
I hear people talking about bringing their NPC and PMs to battle. I understand that the PM (when evolved at level 80) gives you their partner card. I also went through the tutorial mission and received an NPC partner card. But how do you bring the NPC into your party with you? This is online.

panzer_unit
Dec 8, 2006, 02:33 PM
community > party > form party
select the NPC / PM partner card from your list
select invite

Sceadu
Dec 8, 2006, 02:37 PM
Thank you. I thought that I had tried that, but maybe I missed it.

Bast
Dec 8, 2006, 04:23 PM
IIRC you have to complete the tutorial to get your NPC Trainer's Partner Card.

Randomness
Dec 8, 2006, 04:48 PM
On 2006-12-08 13:23, Bast wrote:
IIRC you have to complete the tutorial to get your NPC Trainer's Partner Card.

Um... he did, he said so in his first post...

Sitka
Dec 8, 2006, 06:06 PM
It's not a bad idea - I do it a lot to let the NPC play as a meat shield and can handle more challenging runs than otherwise. It's very good to get your PM involved in battle early and often....not only is she 10 levels higher than you (good chance to see some cool weapon use and photon arts in action), but the battle experience levels up their battle abilities as well.

A couple of warnings though...

On some runs, particularly at the boss fights, you may want to thank the NPC/PM very much and use leader's rights to remove them from the team as you spend as much time trying to heal the stupid fembots as you do fighting the bosses. On linear line A, for example, while you dodge the plants spit balls, the NPCs and PMs stand their like stupid idiots and take the hits until they die. I found taking the plants with a ranged weapon while using timing to dodge the balls solo works much better.

Also with the Dragon on Parum, the NPC/PMs get toasted often by the fire breath. It's easier to boot them and take the dragon out by yourself.

If you don't have the ability to use resta, bring some star atomizers because while the NPC/PMs can heal themselves, they usually wait to get their healing going until its too late - particularly in areas like Mooatob where they get cooked quickly and easily by the fire breathers.

Oh, one other thing, they do tend to throw up annoying chat signs: "Sitka, where are you...get it together Sitka!" or "They're cute, but I'm cuter" or "lets make a pincer attack Sitka."

You'll see http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Silve
Dec 9, 2006, 06:09 PM
Completing episode 2 chapter 1 gets you another partner card.

Wheatpenny
Dec 9, 2006, 06:44 PM
Another good use for PM or NPC is in the instance that you want to let random people join a game but still save a spot for a friend,
1. Leave game open
2. Game gets full and npc takes 6th slot
3.When friend is ready to join remove NPC then friend can join in.

BigSword
Dec 14, 2006, 12:43 AM
I definitely agree that the NPC/PMs can get annoying quickly. Most interesting is when Laia nanoblasts at the worst possible time. Say ... after you've cleared and area, for instance.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 14, 2006, 01:01 AM
my 410 could take on dragon with me easy on A rank when I was lvl 40, now that imi 53... se can probably stand n the fire with no heals. Its not hard to heal if your a force and the PM easily did more dmg than me even if I did full heal mode and let her attack only.

also botting your Pm right at the end makes you lose the Bstat lvls wich I like to have.

forces have a nice advantage with NPC's now that I have that new one with the axe and stuff I can really own stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif