PDA

View Full Version : CASTs and Beasts: their strength their weakness?

Tycho
Dec 9, 2006, 04:02 AM
So, some time ago people found out about the Crea weapon series; rare melee weapons with low ATP that could drop from boxes and were not usable by CASTs or Beasts, but had the special ability of being able to hit one extra target. At the time, Itsuki speculated these weapons were usable only by Humans and Newmans because the melee-oriented stats of CASTs and Beasts could make these weapons 'broken'.

Currently, I believe the reason is actually different. Ofcourse, obvious counter-arguments would be that these more physically oriented races should have an advantage over the other races, or that they can also use other 'overpowered' weapons.

However, what CASTs and Beasts also have in common is that they are the only races that can have a 'damage gauge', used for their SUV weapons and Nanoblasts respectively. At least offline, these bar hit 100% either for every 50 hits dealt/taken (Beasts), or every 67 (CASTs). So, surely, spamming Skills using Crea weapons would yield these required amounts of hits quite quickly, which to me appears a more plausible explanation as to why these weapon series were restricted to Humans and Newmans.

Therefore, I'd like to argue that CASTs' and Beasts' special abilities are actually their primary weakness. Discuss. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Alisha
Dec 9, 2006, 04:15 AM
but do the real crea weapons still have that effect? >.> not like it matters much to me i get my bar filled plenty fast using twin saber types and beast have the atp to push those weapons further.

etlitch
Dec 9, 2006, 06:18 AM
Their weakness is shitty wimpy low MST.

Alisha
Dec 9, 2006, 06:27 AM
yeah but thats basically offset my beasts monster hp.

Ether
Dec 9, 2006, 06:30 AM
Beast weakness = being really ugly

Gamemako
Dec 9, 2006, 02:51 PM
Beasts (especially beast wartechers) couldn't hit a tee ball with a boat paddle. Like all beasts, they do it from behind.

Alisha
Dec 9, 2006, 10:31 PM
On 2006-12-09 11:51, Gamemako wrote:
Beasts (especially beast wartechers) couldn't hit a tee ball with a boat paddle. Like all beasts, they do it from behind.

zodial

Ether
Dec 9, 2006, 11:11 PM
If my numbers are right, a beast wartecher will have less ata than a newman fortetecher

Alisha
Dec 9, 2006, 11:31 PM
if thats true oh well i picked beast for reasons other than stats. try making a dark skinned newman that doesnt look retarded... it just aint happening lol. beasts take better to darker skin tones.

Cause_I_Own_U
Dec 10, 2006, 12:36 AM
Actually crea's have worse stats than normal weapons but hit 1 extra

Either way nanoblast pwns all the other "specials", and no crea can come close to the awesome powers of nanoblast