PDA

View Full Version : Crossbows. What are they about?

PhatKnutz
Dec 9, 2006, 11:59 AM
Being a Fortegunner now with Laser Beams and Grenade Launchers on the top of my "To-Do" list, I've been curious about this little enigma. I noticed this thing while browsing for the Gur Neda stats in the Tenora shop, and had me searching all over for more info. Oddly, I've found little info on it that applies to its current online version, and unlike other guns, Youtube doesn't have a video demonstration of this.

Surely someone must have some experience with this handgun alternative. Whats it's firing speed? How does the damage measure up? Can it be fired while strafing, or does it make you stop? Anything, please.

mechatra
Dec 9, 2006, 12:15 PM
Roughly summed up, it's a slightly slower stronger handgun, but when it's bullets hit lvl 11 and 21 they add another shot. at lvl 21+ you lil crossbow becomes a less onehanded shotgun.

Dusk21
Dec 9, 2006, 12:47 PM
To be honest crossbows suck untill they're 11+, and not only that but they're not easy to level =/. Buuut at 11 you get that second bullet, PLUS a 6% damage boost, PLUS a 6% elemental boost, PLUS SE level goes up by one, and to top it off it gets EASIER to level due to twice the bullets http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. All this and you can use a wand or a saber/dagger in the other hand and stay mobile the whole time. I love xbows personally. Can't wait to get it to 21+ I'm sure its going to be a beast then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

Forgot to mention...I'd estimate the firing speed at rifle speed or perhaps slightly faster. The damage mod is actually high its the same mod as a rifle gets (135%/140% at 20) and the damage it deals once you get 11+ is fairly superb I find. Its only flaw is a crushing accuracy mod (41% at level 1) but the accuracy on the weapon itself is much higher than say..shotguns. With levels it becomes much much easier to connect with than shotguns are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dusk21 on 2006-12-09 09:52 ]</font>

PhatKnutz
Dec 9, 2006, 01:26 PM
Not bad, I'll definitely have to look into these over handguns for now then. Perhaps later on, S rank Handguns will come back into the top spot, but for now this definitely sounds better.

SailorDaravon
Dec 9, 2006, 01:39 PM
Yeah, crossbows are way preferable to handguns at the moment. Dusk already hit all the important stuff, and I totally agree.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 10, 2006, 07:59 PM
I want a crossbow so badly for my fighgunner. they seem to be more suitible to a swordsman than a handgun or something IMO.

Itsuki
Dec 10, 2006, 08:09 PM
Keep in mind, you can't FPS with them. But other than that, they're great.

Later on, crossbows get a Berserk bullet (Sacrafice HP to deal damage), compared to handguns getting a HP Leeching ability (damage you deal heals your hp). Just though I'd add that.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 10, 2006, 08:10 PM
unless someone can tell me the shooting pattern of the crossbow as it levels, I don't like it, from what I can tell, level 1-10 shoots straight, 11-20 shoots in a V, and 21-30 shoots all 3 of those so the V and the center, basically, it'll never hit anything in front of you, only at angles, from 11-20, and considering Fighgunner can only get to 20, I don't like it. I'll stick with mechguns/handguns for my empty hand, and carry a dual handgun for first person shooting.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2006-12-10 17:11 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 10, 2006, 08:25 PM
there's only one thing I can do about that: try it out for myself and see whether or not I like it.

Itsuki
Dec 11, 2006, 12:12 AM
the V isn't that wide. Its a lot wider when its 21+. But anyways, its a close range weapon. Its not for shooting something flying or some crap like that. The point is to be relatively close to the monster and peckign away at it. Or shooting it into a group of monsters. Its actually quite good for what it does.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 11, 2006, 01:43 AM
You fire it at things and it makes a noise and they get hurt.

Edit: THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-10 22:49 ]</font>

DarkSeph
Dec 11, 2006, 02:11 AM
Personally....I love the bow. I can direct my shots and Shoot a Freakishly Long Distance! Plus they look all Bad a$$!

etlitch
Dec 11, 2006, 08:16 AM
A ranks are for showoffs

THE JACKEL

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 11, 2006, 09:42 AM
You know, if people are going to start signing their posts, WITH MY NAME, I really am going to get annoyed... just because Shimarisu is immature and blocked me, because Shimarisu doesn't like how I sign my posts, and is now doing it to upset me, doesn't mean you should as well etlich

on topic: I prefer handgun and mechgun, they seem like better choices to me for a Fighgunner

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2006-12-11 06:43 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Dec 11, 2006, 10:39 AM
On 2006-12-11 05:16, etlitch wrote:
A ranks are for showoffs

THE JACKEL

This may or may not be my char, take your pick.

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/4307/lolcrossbowbb0.jpg

THE LESSER SPOTTED PYGMY ARMADILLO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-11 07:42 ]</font>

AngelLight
Dec 11, 2006, 10:55 AM
LOL its a Santa Rappy....quick, KILL IT http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif

mech259_
Dec 11, 2006, 08:26 PM
ljkkjlcm9, does your name stand for anything? If not, how did you choose it?

-Shimarisu-
Dec 11, 2006, 08:31 PM
He wanted THE JACKEL, but when he found it was already regged his only choice was to mash buttons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 11, 2006, 08:49 PM
shimarisu, stop being an arse seriously

ljkkjlcm9 is my aim name, and my name everywhere. I'm the only one who uses such combinations. It's my initials backwards then forwards ljk-kjl, then cm9 is a shortened version of a nickname I use to have when I played arcades, coinmaster9(9 cause it's my favorite number) which is also my yahoo im name.

I didn't want THE JACKEL as my name, and I never use that as my name, go ahead and search for ljkkjlcm9 on google, and you'll find me registered at other sites under that name, signing posts as THE JACKEL there as well.

THE JACKEL

McFresh_Bot
Dec 12, 2006, 01:04 AM
Hi

THE JACKEL

DoubleJG
Dec 12, 2006, 02:16 AM
It's just funny because whenever I see "THE JACKEL" I picture some person screaming it at my face.

pso123hrf
Dec 12, 2006, 09:18 PM
THE

JACKEL

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 12, 2006, 09:41 PM
On 2006-12-12 18:18, pso123hrf wrote:
THE

JACKEL

GO

TO

HELL

THE JACKEL

medusae
Dec 12, 2006, 11:03 PM
no offense, but imo you're just kind of asking to have fun poked at you when you type your handle so... melodramatically. o_o