PDA

View Full Version : C Rank on B ranked missions?!

lavosmanx
Dec 9, 2006, 08:42 PM
Some may not agree with me on this, but I think ST should've designed the missions to not penalize someone who enters midgame if they try their hardest.

It's wrong to give them a c rank if they made a difference in the end...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 9, 2006, 09:28 PM
It could be abused pretty easily if people enter at any time and when the mission ends, they all get the same rank and mission points.

Its just based on how many enemies killed/deaths since they've been in the game, so entering later = less dead enemies and a lower rank.

More of an incentive to matchup before heading out into a mission.

lavosmanx
Dec 10, 2006, 02:46 AM
People shouldnt be penalized for having a different way of doing thigns though! Argh! I really hate C rank... ALOT!

DikkyRay
Dec 10, 2006, 12:59 PM
On 2006-12-09 23:46, lavosmanx wrote:
People shouldnt be penalized for having a different way of doing thigns though! Argh! I really hate C rank... ALOT!

well, think abou it, iit could become really cheap.
There would be some a-hole who comes in to everygame that has a lot of time, gets same mission pts etc.
pretty soon we have the highest lvl expert classes, even though hes probably 10 lvls lower than you

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 10, 2006, 01:04 PM
What about the guy that gets DC'd halfway through and has to rejoin? He gets lower mission points, as well.

lavosmanx
Dec 10, 2006, 02:12 PM
The ranked rewards should be based on the ammount of work your doing. If your healing people, attacking monsters (lets face it, we all know noone here would attack a monster with a low ranked weapon if they had the ability to use something better, am I right?) or helping the team somehow, like playing bait. They shouldve basically designed the system to work for those who have common sense.

Mystil
Dec 10, 2006, 04:31 PM
On 2006-12-10 10:04, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
What about the guy that gets DC'd halfway through and has to rejoin? He gets lower mission points, as well.

This has happened to me quite alot...

But there is a upside to it though. You get the xp from the boss atleast.

lavosmanx
Dec 11, 2006, 12:21 PM
Well some of us actually 'want' the mission points and meseta when getting a full S rank from these missions. Instead of a C or B rank...

astuarlen
Dec 11, 2006, 03:02 PM
On 2006-12-10 11:12, lavosmanx wrote:
The ranked rewards should be based on the ammount of work your doing. If your healing people, attacking monsters (lets face it, we all know noone here would attack a monster with a low ranked weapon if they had the ability to use something better, am I right?) or helping the team somehow, like playing bait. They shouldve basically designed the system to work for those who have common sense.

Much as that sounds like a dandy scheme, there's the whole practicality/implementation thing to consider. "Trying [your] hardest", using common sense, etc are the sort of things a computer just might have trouble gauging.
Can you tell a mission is in progress already before your join? Then common sense will tell you that if you want to get the full points based on how the system works, don't join.
I know it sucks getting d/ced halfway through (I remember how frustrating it was repeatedly getting booted from Cmode in PSO, ugh), but some ideals are just impractical.

DizzyDi
Dec 11, 2006, 05:05 PM
The system is kind of annoying. Joining like 2 seconds after a mission starts, but still getting A ranked, and DC'ing and getting a C rank...But, Oh well.

Mystil
Dec 11, 2006, 05:26 PM
On 2006-12-11 09:21, lavosmanx wrote:
Well some of us actually 'want' the mission points and meseta when getting a full S rank from these missions. Instead of a C or B rank...

Yea man, I hear ya, but look at how that can be exploited. You'd be a the leader of a game with people leeching.

SoiFong
Dec 11, 2006, 05:27 PM
Honestly .. the ranking system should have been pass or fail, like in Monster Hunter. You had a time limit to get things done and 3-4 deaths allowed. Your cash would drop according to deaths. If your time ran out then no one got anything.

However MH was alot more visceral in its gaming environments, even tho in scope, alot smaller than PSU, so it made sense for that wordl. I may not have translated perfectrly to PSU, However i liked thier hunter system an dit made things much more neat and clean as to what you were getting, and it fel like everyone was getting a piece of the action .. I woudlnt have minded seeing a version of that, in this game; Since the two had so many simularities despite being made by two different companies.

But alas .. wishing.

lavosmanx
Dec 11, 2006, 06:40 PM
I dont like time based goals, and as for leechers... I don't allow leechers in my games at all. In anarchy online I would boot any leechers in my team. Same would go here, if people are stupid enough to allow leechers then they deserve what they get. I instead prepose a system like this..

Based on if you did any damage, healed 'other' people, or went for support. Certain actions would have specific keys or some kind of identifier. The time of the goal, the game detects how many identifiers out of the maximum number of identifiers were activated. Then a proiper reward would be inplace. The game would most likely use a specific way to cache a players actions, like a scorecard. And the goal at the end would be detirmined by the total number of identifiers instead of per player, so everyone would recieve the same goal.

Or an optional setting would be available to switch it to per player so people can guage their own reward if they wish.

Something like this would be ideal don't you think?