PDA

View Full Version : Great Moments in Jackassery

Weak
Dec 10, 2006, 03:10 AM
Share any moment in which you felt like a jackass, or someone did something to you that pissed you off.

This happened to me pretty recently on Universe 15.

I go through Mizuraki A with a group of 6 with no problems, and we eventually move over into Demons From Above A. I fight with them all the way up to Block 3, and during the run I had recieved 2 rares in a row, which somehow counts me as a suspected hacker.

Of course, a third rare drops, and the "set random" loot system gives it to me. I'm booted immediately for being a hacker, when they set the loot system to random in the first place. It's random. It can go to anyone, even the same person 3 times.

The leader's name was apexi. After kicking me, he comes out into the lobby and says "hi", then runs off, as if nothing had happened.

And so you, apexi...

...are a jackass!

SabZero
Dec 10, 2006, 05:16 AM
Haha, jealousy sucks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Grow up already.

EJ
Dec 10, 2006, 05:32 AM
that is nothing early today I did S LL and rares were dropping everywhere, everyone got atleast 2-4 rares in two run except me a big fat 0 rares in two runs.

Skuda
Dec 10, 2006, 05:52 AM
On 2006-12-10 00:10, Weak wrote:

Of course, a third rare drops, and the "set random" loot system gives it to me.

I've been seeing this happen a lot on "set random". It seems set random likes to SET a random character as the favorite.

A few nights ago when I was doing a run with Tomeeboy and a few others, he seemed to be picked as the favorite, and got a good chunk out of the many rares that dropped.

If you're with people you trust, a good way to decide rares is set to pickup. When a rare drops, and the room is clean, everyone halts and either executes /dice or /random.

Takes a little extra time, but helps against the tiny bugs in "set random" and "set in order".

DarkSeph
Dec 10, 2006, 06:22 AM
orrrrrrrrrrrrrr....YOU COULD JUST BE SMART AND SET BOTH! AS 'set in order'.....

........Yeah, I know......that would be too hard wouldn't it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ras
Dec 10, 2006, 06:41 AM
Setting rares to "in order" just means the leader always gets the first rare that drops and the people at the bottom of the order get shafted. That's been my experience with that setting.

Diablohead
Dec 10, 2006, 07:47 AM
Order is best on regular items, random or finder for rares is best imo.

Sucks that you got booted for nothing, there are idiots in this world that ruin it for some of us.

Miyoko
Dec 10, 2006, 07:52 AM
On 2006-12-10 03:41, Ras wrote:
Setting rares to "in order" just means the leader always gets the first rare that drops and the people at the bottom of the order get shafted. That's been my experience with that setting.

No it doesn't. Try it again sometime.

We tried it today -- First rare went to someone whom wasn't the leader.

Collar
Dec 10, 2006, 08:14 AM
On 2006-12-10 04:52, Miyoko wrote:

On 2006-12-10 03:41, Ras wrote:

No it doesn't. Try it again sometime.

We tried it today -- First rare went to someone whom wasn't the leader.

"I believe with In Order, the first rare goes to a random member in the party, and then 'down' the list from there. That is at least how it seems to me. I could be wrong, though.

Maridia
Dec 10, 2006, 08:18 AM
Haha, kuda, I was going to mention that thing with Tomeeboy too.

I'd have to say my biggest moment where I felt like a total jackass was that time I left a run to go recharge my PP, but as I kinda stopped paying attention for a moment, I went to the WRONG floating diamond, spammed the confirm button like always, and wound up in my room. After staring at the loading screen for a second as it dawned on me what had happened, I was like "OH GODDAMNIT." then I pouted in there for awhile as they had almost finished the run XD

Diablohead
Dec 10, 2006, 09:11 AM
Though I have seen set order start on someone random, most of the time the host has got given the item in my experiance.

DikkyRay
Dec 10, 2006, 09:19 AM
OOO finally!
So me and a few friends decide to do Onmagoug B.
A friends boyfriend keeps on remarking "ONMA IS E Z" whenever i mention we probabl will die.
So what happens?
During the fight, we all die. A friend revives me then he dies. The Jackass dies. So im fighting the onmagoug B by myslef while it has half health. And, surprisingly, i beat it! Even though the jackass kept on saying "wooo cains screwed!","hahaha i hope cain dies","man bbq cain 2nite"
Then im laughing afterward because that was some seriou pwnage. All my friends agree. Well....
"Wasnt that cool. I could have done it, and faster"
Guess who said that?
Kiba, you are a JACKASS!

MayLee
Dec 10, 2006, 09:52 AM
People are sore losers, sore losers have no life.

Careful
Dec 10, 2006, 10:10 AM
I got pretty mad because the guy who got all the rappy feathers and tree, also got the diamond thats 10 star or something... yeah

Golto
Dec 10, 2006, 01:24 PM
I guess I was lucky I found some good people to party with. I must have gotten 7 out of 8 rares in Neudiaz relics A-c runs with rares set to random. They just laughed and didn't boot me or accuse me of anything. Anyone else notice that female casts seem to get the rares more often when set to random then other players?

lavosmanx
Dec 10, 2006, 02:17 PM
A good example of jackassery? The shop users who set the price of an item that an npc sells at over the normal price. Another example are the baiters who have an item your looking for but have the price as the max ammount just to get you to look at their items. I hate this tactic and I consider it pretty low.

Another example is when someone talks to you and you have to blacklist them because of their offensive behavior...

Weak
Dec 10, 2006, 02:34 PM
I usually don't get annoyed enough to make a topic about some personal issue, but since it was someone on Universe 15, I just had to.

...'cause they're a jackass. The experience from block 3 would have brought me up to level 53 last night.

lavosmanx
Dec 10, 2006, 04:07 PM
An example of jackassery happened to me today. I was gaming with this party in carnage in moatoob, C rank. They didn't even let me check the mission reward. I'm not even sure if I won any mission points because of those jackasses. People need to give you time to look at your rewards window, its only proper.