PDA

View Full Version : New story walkthru (no major spoilers) Act 1

Agne
Dec 10, 2006, 12:50 PM
Ok well i've recieved many mails while playing pertaining to how to s rank the new story mission; as well as mail from people just plain lost. So i thought i would throw together a simple walkthru with no major spoilers in it to help people along. We'll start with Act 1

Act 1: Part 1
All monsters in the level part of this trial are either fire or ice based so be prepared with weapons ready to deal easy elemental damage. To complete this mission you must analyze 5 plants, mission will end upon analyzing the 5th plant. To s rank this little trial you need to hurry a little and get all the monsters... just like normal... except this one's got a little trick to it.

room 1) After the initial cutscene you'll arrive at the beginning of a neudaiz run. As you run straight ahead in to the first room, 4 gohmon and 3 agiita spawn in to welcome you. Make short work of them and head to room 2.

room 2)In this room are 4 ollakas, 3 gohmon, and 2 agiitas; as well as 3 boxes and the first plant. First make short order of the enemies, then go and pillage the boxes. Now DO NOT analyze this plant!! you will need to return to this area later in the mission and you will get it then. (Just to satisfy your curiosity.. if you get this flower now, you may not get the last 3 enemies thus resulting in an A rank). Now continue on to the next room.

room 3) In this room you have a greeting party of gohman ready to eat a few photons. Kill the first three then the next 5 that spawn in.. letting them now who owns this room. This room also contains the 2nd plant (the first you'll analyze), it's next to the north wall. Analyze and start movin on.

room 4)(the hallway) Upon entering this hall way you will need to dispatch of 3 agiitas and their 3 replacements. After cleaning up said mess you will look to the east and you will find the third plant (2nd you'll analyze). It's about mid way up in a little nook on the side. Got it? Cool, let's go.

Room 5) In this room they bring the king and some warriors along. You will encounter 3 ollakas, 3 ageeta, 4 gohmon, and 1 gohmon king. After raiding the gohmon hideout and removing the head of their king, pillage their last bit of treasure and then start looking for the the 2 flowers in this room. One will be in the south near a little wall and the other will be in the north next to the boxes. Now grab the key and unlock the gate to return to room 2.

room 2 revisited)Upon entering room 2 for the second time, 3 surviving gohmon raise one last attack. Kill these fools and get to that last poison flower and analyze it.

There ya go act 1: part1 complete.. get an s rank.. good!!! if not, speed up a little bit and that gold will be yours!!

----CUT SCENE-----

act 1: part 2) All right this fight is a little fun. (This is purely all opinion on this part and at first i wasn't going to add it but i decided that it belonged...)

In this battle you'll be fighting 3 androids.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif One has force abilities, one uses dual ice pistols, and the last uses knuckles. I prefer to concentrate my attacks on the force as it can cast buff spells and heal the 3 enemies. After the force is done for i turn my attention towards the dual pistol totin', ice status throwin guy that's been shooting me in the back and release a little pent up frustration on his face. After he turns to smoke i go after the remaining knuckle head and make short work of this part of the mission.

As a side note these guys drop neta note's, dogma drops, and i believe also the boards for the twin and single handed harisen fans. (if these guys do not drop the boards they ARE found in either this act or act 2 of the story mission)
End of Act 1: part 2

----CUT SCENE--------

Act 1: part 3 Well here you are ready to end act 1... but do you have what it takes?? You know what to do so go out there and do it soldier... It ain't like you ain't never seen nothing like this before or nothing... lol (thrown in to humor a drunken friend that's watching me put this together)

-----------------------------------------------------

Well there you have it. Act 1 of the new story mode successfully completed and hopeful with a pretty little S rank and a couple of shiny new toys in the ol' inventory. I'll catch you guys later as i finish up the walk-thru for Act 2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agne on 2006-12-10 09:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agne on 2006-12-10 14:44 ]</font>

Chaobo99
Dec 10, 2006, 01:30 PM
good work agne...wonder how chapter 2 is like and who is featured as an NPC...

wiseman
Dec 10, 2006, 04:07 PM
Question: What level are the monsters in the story mission?

Nani-chan
Dec 10, 2006, 04:15 PM
On 2006-12-10 13:07, wiseman wrote:
Question: What level are the monsters in the story mission?

They start around lvl 15.

Agne
Dec 10, 2006, 04:47 PM
yes i think all (don't quote me but i'm preeetty sure) of the enemies in this area are lvl 15

Ether
Dec 10, 2006, 05:09 PM
If you are level 34 or lower, the enemies will be level 1 to level 6

If you are level 35 to 59, the enemies will be level 15 to 21

Agne
Dec 10, 2006, 05:43 PM
thanks for the info ether that will clear up some questions that i didn't know the answer to...
btw i will be writing the walkthru for the second part in just a few minutes so look for it's thread coming soon. if this info is the same go ahead and add it in since i do not know for sure if this is the case for both areas... (i have only played thru with a lvl 44)

HC82
Dec 11, 2006, 03:10 AM
Quick question, is anything special received for s ranking it?

Itsuki
Dec 11, 2006, 03:39 AM
If you're level 60+, you get 10 PA frags for s-ranking it the first time, and then another PA Frag each time you s-rank it after that (this goes for all online story mode missions)

Ether
Dec 11, 2006, 04:19 AM
Does that include the trial for the 2nd act? Seems like it would be easy to run though it and get a PA fragment every 3 minutes

Itsuki
Dec 11, 2006, 04:32 AM
yes, it does. I actually farm 2-2-2 (Episode 2, Chapter 2, Act 2), which takes... about 2:15 to do. S-rank is anything under 2:45 in it, and you only have to kill 10 mobs (though half of them are physical resistant explody mechs). I did 35 PA Frags on friday.

Zorafim
Dec 11, 2006, 04:46 AM
Hm, so it's not going to be too hard too hard to get the good stuff... I'd estimate around 27 PA fragments every hour if what you posted was true, meaning it would take four hours of constant grinding to get the PA you want, plus 13 left over.
That means that I won't be completely gimped if I level all the jobs.

Itsuki
Dec 11, 2006, 05:13 AM
You have to add in loading time and running time. I'd actually venture to say its closer to about 13-15 per hour. I was running them pretty leisurely and did 35 runs in about 2.5 hours. Thats about 4 minutes 15 seconds each run. I actually failed it 3 times out of that 35. Bad digga aiming mostly to blame. 2-2-2 also gives 7 class exp and 750 meseta.

You just run to the end, and then after you get the reward, cancel mission to go back to outpost repeatedly.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2006, 05:24 AM
woot im glad they have some sort of easy way out for us who cant find good parties (trying to do pug lin line S was hell) im sure you will post first thing when we find out what techs you buy with the fragments right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Im guessing as a fortetecher with a fast computer I will have the shortest load time and be able to take out those robots fairly easy so thats good news.

Logicdustbin
Dec 11, 2006, 06:29 AM
On 2006-12-10 09:50, Agne wrote

In this battle you'll be fighting 3 androids. Vol brothers

A little note on this fight:

Be sure to grab the nifty 'drops' after each kill, as right after you defeat the last person, it goes right to a cut scene and you leave the area...