PDA

View Full Version : Well I officially hate synthesis in this game.

Ludamec
Dec 10, 2006, 03:27 PM
So yea I did saving up for the update like everyone else, granted because of other life duties I cudnt save as much as I'd like, but I did manage to get just under 100k. So I was happy with that, I got up early friday morning..like 30 minutes after the update had finished (7:30 EST, went to the shops and bought me a 60k 7 star axe board and a 6 star dagger. Throw the dagger in the oven...hour or so later I gots me a new dagger, Hurrah. Lemme get an instant replay on that. Throw another one in....fail. Slightly annoyed I dont say anything.

So I try my luck with my new axe board. 60% chance...but hey..I've made armor with my 0 stat PM and a 48% chance..so I thought..eh..no problem right? wrong. After anxiously waiting 3 hours I get a healthy dose of Zodiaride just waiting for it to be used. Joy. There goes 15k+ in materials. But hey its cool..its my PMs first time or something..maybe she got nervous.

So I scrounge up the materials for the axe again. And anxiously wait.again. 3 solid hours later you know what I get? A shiny new dimate.Now this one pissed me off. Thats another 15k+ down the goddam drain and I only have 1 synth left not to mention I'm out of materials for the goddam thing. I pretty much wasted my entire savings on this board and dont have shyt to show for it, My striking is bout 80ish on my pm thus with it being a 100 pure, that would only make a 4% difference or so, so I figured I was kinda in the green. This makes me not want to deal with the synth rates of higher level weapons...gah.

But yea after wasting all my money on materials and a board. I've realized that sytnthesis in this game fukkin sucks. Tell me whats the point again in having boards+materials worth 80k+ only to have it fail? If we put up work to find/buy everything on a board, why shud it not be guaranteed up to a certain star rarity? That makes no goddam sense to me, does SEGA think we enjoy making 80k dimates? Sigh..not everyone can farm meseta all day and sell high lvl shyt in their shops..of course my rant will not change a dam thing in this game, but maybe it will make me feel better if I expressed my silent rage on the forums..hasn't yet tho...

EDIT: Offensive language removed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-12-10 12:30 ]</font>

Wheatpenny
Dec 10, 2006, 03:31 PM
I feel your pain...At least this didn't happen...

I failed a Creasaud on a 89% chance..How is that fair?

Weakness
Dec 10, 2006, 03:32 PM
On 2006-12-10 12:31, Wheatpenny wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Because you still have an 11% chance to fail silly.

Flamingo99
Dec 10, 2006, 03:33 PM
On 2006-12-10 12:31, Wheatpenny wrote:

Key word there is chance. I agree it sucks when you lose a crap load of money when your chances are high. But it can and will happen to everone.

Wheatpenny
Dec 10, 2006, 03:55 PM
LOL I know it was a 11% chance to FAIL but its still BS... I could see a synth failing on a 60% or less chance but 89% come on?!?

lavosmanx
Dec 10, 2006, 04:05 PM
I honestly question what the heck ST was doing when they made this game... This game is turning into "What NOT to put into an online game" scenario... People like the game and are satisfied with it, I honestly see why people go back to blizzard games after playing this one.

Wheatpenny
Dec 10, 2006, 04:11 PM
Synthing aside I ain;t gona quit the game over it,but it does hack me off that on such a high percent that my creasaud broke (Its my post and I can whine if I want to.)

lavosmanx
Dec 10, 2006, 04:13 PM
Well put!

AeraLure
Dec 11, 2006, 10:59 PM
I hate synthing now omfg I have had it lol, and I am usually pretty patient and content. I had to come here and rant a little so I would feel better about it. Synthing is now officially for the loss in my book and frankly I am all about buying out of shops now.

Not one but four armors failed for me in how many attempts? FOUR. Ok percents on a number of them, as it was on an armor PM. That basically shot all the higher end materials I had saved as they related to armor synthing. Thank god I didnt buy them, for the most part, but it was 80-some carbons, all gone now. Poof.

Now ok, since I didnt buy them at least it wasnt an all-out loss. I am still doing ok. Tonight though I go to make a Har-Senba, or try anyway, based on the board stats on our very own Item Database. The needs were wrong. The board is 52500, 3/3 production capactiy, but 25 Ortaresins and 15 Kerseline. That's 247k per attempt not factoring in the board and its at 42% for me. Its 210k at the shop. WTF. Now I know sure, it'd be nice to make this with an elemental photon - that was of course what I wanted to do - but you wont do it for less than 500k if you do it yourself, considering 1/2 odds if you are lucky. Synthing, SO for the loss.

Now again, I am just out the 53k for that useless board because I cant make 500k to gamble on that crap. Its only 53k so no big deal but you better believe I am saving 210k and buying it from the shop for a neutral green armor and at some point, a Sori-Senba from the shop. Dammit. I so hate synthing right now and its the backbone of this game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

At least I enjoy running around and playing it, but that's it. Suppose maybe I will come back around to trying to synth again but right now it seems so utterly pointless. Need to go get on Quess now and shoot at things to feel better. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-11 20:06 ]</font>