PDA

View Full Version : Tournament: Overcharging for NPC-sold goods

lavosmanx
Dec 10, 2006, 05:24 PM
To those of you who overcharge for something sold much cheaper at the NPC shop, stop. Your only making an idiot out of yourself. Like the idiot who tried to sell a christmas tree for over 10,000. I eventually got them to sell it for 9,000 instead. Morons...

KojiroAK
Dec 10, 2006, 05:26 PM
On 2006-12-10 14:24, lavosmanx wrote:
To those of you who overcharge for something sold much cheaper at the NPC shop, stop. Your only making an idiot out of yourself. Like the idiot who tried to sell a christmas tree for over 10,000. I eventually got them to sell it for 9,000 instead. Morons...

The market dictates the prices, as long they can sell it for the price, why shouldn't they?

lavosmanx
Dec 10, 2006, 05:30 PM
Because its wrong, that's why. Even videogames have moral issues, despite it being just a game. But even still there is a social network... When my shop is iopen, I can promise you thatn I'm never seelling items that high... ever.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 10, 2006, 10:23 PM
Christmas trees are sold in NPC shops?

I thought they were only Noel Rappy drops.

And 1k difference isn't much nowadays when the new stuff is 45-110k

KojiroAK
Dec 10, 2006, 10:29 PM
On 2006-12-10 14:30, lavosmanx wrote:
Because its wrong, that's why. Even videogames have moral issues, despite it being just a game. But even still there is a social network... When my shop is iopen, I can promise you thatn I'm never seelling items that high... ever.

Since when is economy related with moral?

And what's wrong with gaining more money with the same amount of work?

If you can sell it to a higher price (best without losing in future customers) then sell it at the price.

Otherwise you just give money away.

lavosmanx
Dec 11, 2006, 02:43 AM
Okay those are wreaths (my bad) and they are for 10,000 which don't matter. Anyway, just because you have something, it doesn't mean you should get away with overcharging for something.

It's like charging twice the amount of money for the same model and year of a car then what the dealership charges. If you believe in taking someones money because you overcharged for an item, then your wrong it is as simple as that.

There is simply no explanation that you could give that would make you right on this subject.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lavosmanx on 2006-12-10 23:51 ]</font>

T0m
Dec 11, 2006, 02:53 PM
On 2006-12-10 23:43, lavosmanx wrote:
It's like charging twice the amount of money for the same model and year of a car then what the dealership charges. If you believe in taking someones money because you overcharged for an item, then your wrong it is as simple as that.

There is simply no explanation that you could give that would make you right on this subject.

Did you tell this to your economy teacher too, after the teacher explained about the market forces? ~_~

Seriously, as long as there's no deceit, then there's no moral reason why the seller shouldn't be selling for more than others. Either the buyers haven't checked elsewhere, or they can't be bothered to buy elsewhere.

Jehosaphaty
Dec 11, 2006, 03:31 PM
On 2006-12-10 23:43, lavosmanx wrote:

You fail at life.

lavosmanx
Dec 11, 2006, 06:31 PM
T0M : If I had an economics teacher, I would tell them that now. The ability to detirmine right from wrong should be applied everywhere. Overcharging because your hoping to rely on someones... how can I say this? Lazyness to actually check the... You know what, your right. If people actually are stupid enough to not price check. They deserve to waste their money. While right and wrong should be used everywhere, you can't stop people from being stupid unfortunetly...

And as for Jehsaphaty : And you failed saying anything of importance... Come back when you can actually come up with something important. While I believe in right and wrong, I also believe that you get what you deserve and you most likely will recieve the effect of this princaple eventually and I'm sure it will be entertaining.

And as for me, do I care if what I said makes any sense or if its actually successful or not... I don't care so attempting to come back at me with retarded statements like 'you fail at life' will simply not work and only prove how stupid you are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lavosmanx on 2006-12-11 15:32 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Dec 11, 2006, 09:21 PM
i think lavosmanx just owned everyone >.>

IceBlink
Dec 12, 2006, 12:05 AM
I think it's best to think of all the player shops as the black market. That way, you won't be surprised when you see some of the high prices. o_O

lavosmanx
Dec 12, 2006, 12:16 AM
I agree, thats a completely valid point of view, an insightful one at that...

Skuda
Dec 12, 2006, 03:50 AM
eh, people are stupid. Stupid people buy things at stupid prices. I bet there are still people around that are still buying kerseline for 7k+ instead of checking the shop after the patch.

Jehosaphaty
Dec 12, 2006, 10:44 AM
Oh geez, I was called stupid. Go take an economics class: the idea of "morality" in regards to price setting is a fairytale pipedream. Obviously making a buck essentially stems from how much you can charge somebody to pay you for whatever; right or wrong doesn't play into it (arguably healthcare could), it's simply a matter of supply and demand. Bottom line. Right and wrong are nice ideas that everybody wishes applied to pricing, but generally don't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2006-12-12 07:50 ]</font>

lavosmanx
Dec 12, 2006, 10:51 AM
I know I just accepted that fact, it is a shame though. Luckily for me, I've gotten just about every B rank weapon I had, the first ones not the second ones for 2000. My aldaga rippa's I had to pay around 10,000 for. It sucks that there werent any greens but meh...

Firocket1690
Dec 12, 2006, 06:15 PM
I'm not too keen on how the markets work around psu, but ehh. General economy rules still apply everywhere.

Generally speaking, the aristrocrats and the merchants are two different people. One has money, and one has items. If one wants what the other has, they usually .. trade.
If the person with money thinks that said item is worth [x] money, then he'll pay said amount.

.. by that logic, you're saying it's wrong for people to be selling PS3s on eBay for $1.6k?

Schubalts
Dec 12, 2006, 10:01 PM
On 2006-12-12 15:15, Firocket1690 wrote:
I'm not too keen on how the markets work around psu, but ehh. General economy rules still apply everywhere.

Generally speaking, the aristrocrats and the merchants are two different people. One has money, and one has items. If one wants what the other has, they usually .. trade.
If the person with money thinks that said item is worth [x] money, then he'll pay said amount.

.. by that logic, you're saying it's wrong for people to be selling PS3s on eBay for $1.6k?

About that PS3 thing, I would say yes. But as the saying goes, "A fool and his money are soon parted."

Niki
Dec 12, 2006, 10:10 PM
Avarice is a Deadly Sin. Not sure if that applies to fake money.

That being said, don't be stupid. Read the forums, and shop around before you buy.

lavosmanx
Dec 13, 2006, 02:01 AM
Yes its wrong to charge over the price for a PS3, their pieces of junk anyway haha! It's like selling a microsoft product to some dumb moron for twice its worth... Your just gonna get bugs and errors eventually lol.

But I suppose its their own stupid fault to begin with...

Wheatpenny
Dec 13, 2006, 11:57 AM
Selling more than NPC Price doesen't bother me..seeing as I shop around. What bothers me is ignorant fools that place [B] Cresaud
for 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 999999999(

Great ding-ding dong we know you have the board, if the intent is to sell it then place it in the shop at your selling rate, if not keep it in storage and take it out of your shop so I don't come there thinking I might be able to do buy the item but get there only to see its in there for some astronomical rate that NO ONE will buy.