PDA

View Full Version : New story walkthru (no major spoilers) Act 2

Agne
Dec 10, 2006, 07:03 PM
All right guys, well i'm back to help you thru on this next part of the mission and get you that all important S rank.
This part of the mission is a little different, in that for most of this mission, you will not be fighting enemies but more avoiding traps and trying to keep your instructor alive, on top of needing to be very fast at this. Make sure you stock up on antimates or have some kind of status removing effects. These will come in handy later on. Well let's get this started, shall we?

Part 1: Room 1) When you enter the first room everything will look calm, but flip on them fancified goggles you got and the world soon shows itself to be a much different place with traps blocking the left path of a 2 path room.. so logically you go right, around the big stone in the middle.

As you come to the end of this stone you'll need to hug up close to it, as there will be traps on the right side of the 2 way fork up ahead. Head up the left side of the next fork. Up ahead you'll run into a tree that you will need to analyze and then chop down to continue. Walk a little further and you will see one of the androids^^ from the first act taunt you. Chase after him, since there is nothing of interest in that room and go straight for the door.

Part 1: Room 2(the trapped hall)
As you follow the android^^ thru the door, the first thing you will notice is that the wall shoots fire balls from side to side all down the hall, 4 rows to be exact. This is one of the areas where you are most likely to have your instructor die on you. I have found it best to time my runs where i'm standing back a little bit, that way i pass at the end of the fire ball at full run with my partner close behind me. If you try to stand right by them, you will not break into a run fast enough and sometimes your partner can get hit several times for large amounts of damage...
Repeat this 3 more times and your out of there.

Part 1: Room 3) In this room you will notice several boxes one the ground, all of which are trapped but 2... and those 2 hold the 2 keys you need to get out of here... Put on your goggles and get to looking...
Once you find them head out the opened gate.

{{as a side note to this room: the boxes that the keys are in are random, however, if you leave the party midway, it will be the same boxes on your next run... this, at least, is my experience and can help you get a faster time.

Also there are a group of boxes to the very north of this room, however my experience has led to poor drops from them and if you do go to get them, you will waste so much time that it is hard to get back on schedule and will often result in an A rank. If you must get them and want an S rank, my suggestion is to finish the mission, then come back}}

Part 1: Room 4) This room is the second most likely place to lose your instructor, be carefel of the fire traps down long halls...
At the start of this room, you'll need to walk down a long hall way with a fire trap on one end that shoots down the length of the hall. Stay to one side or the other and your partner usually will do the same. Walk to the end, avoiding the fireball, and take the turn.

Here you'll see the 3 androids^^ again, but this time they are on the other side of a gate and you don't have a key. Take the path to the right and head down another long hall way with hall-length fire balls. Then loop back around and head up another long hall way with hall-length fire balls. See the little white antenna thing... Hit it. Then, back track to the now open gate and proceed thru.

{{Things to note in this room: Your partner LOVES getting stuck to the walls. And LOVES eating fireballs. This part can get frustratingly hard.

There are 3 boxes near the switch to the gate. You probably saw them while you were there. While I have been able to get them and still get S rank fairly easy, if you are running low on time, you should skip them and come back for them after the end of the mission.}}

----CUTSCENE-----------

At the beginning of this level you are introduced to a new type of enemy for this story mission.
-Gohma Dilla- fire based, these shoot a projectile at you and cause a paralysis effect around them
-Gohma Methna- fire based, these charge at you and also have a flame thrower on their head.

Part 2: Room 1) When you first enter the room, 2 dilla and 1 methna appear to let you know what's up. Kill these and 4 more methna's come in to take their place. Take these to the trash heap and leave this room.

Part 2: Room 2) As you walk up the path into this room, 3 dilla spawn in. Take care of this heap of metal and 2 more come in to take a go at ya. Show 'em what your made of!! Now 2 methna and a dilla come in to say hi. Let 'em know you're not into meeting new ppl, kill 'em. Then say hi to 2 methnas and 2 dillas.
Dispatch of these, then kill the last methna.

---CUTSCENE-------------

Part 3: Final Battle?)This is the last battle of this story mode.. I'm not saying nothing...