PDA

View Full Version : Clones. O.o;;

Toyzferall
Nov 24, 2002, 11:25 AM
We all like to be original, right? Different from the others, to be an individual... Well, I always try to do that, anyway. Sooo... I make my character... See noone else like him. Play online for about three days, then I see someone at level 5 who looks exactly like me. About a day or two later, I see someone else who is a considerably low level who looks exactly like me. Then, just cuz' I'm bored, I change my coloration. Everything goes good for a while, then... I see someone who looks exactly like me... Except he's level 100-something. The next day, I see at least three exact clones of me, all at low levels. Am I that influential? I don't think I chose a common scheme, because most HUcast players are tall and skinny, I'm tall and muscular, and I doubt many players would choose the yellow colors... Also, it's disturbing the amount of Sephiroths I've seen. The SSJ2000SQUALLkthxbye amount is thankfully a lot smaller than before, though. I did see a remake of Spike from Cowboy Bebop... That was pretty cool. But I've seen at least 5 different Nei's. And a cloud. And while they all have different names, there's an atrocious amount of HUmars that use white spikey hair, and the white and blue costume. I guess it really shouldn't get on my nerves, but I preferr it when everyone is their own individual... Just something I noticed the other day...

Vejita
Nov 24, 2002, 11:29 AM
ya the first char i made was a red FOmar with blonde spiked back hair.
and everything was fine for a while surprisingly i saw no one like it.
and then i saw rbf2000, haha it was like the completely accurate exact same person.was kinda funny, but he got corrupted and is ka-putz now.

Ian D
Nov 24, 2002, 11:57 AM
I made a black RAmar with white hair, I bet there'll be a ton of people like that... I used green for a little bit but it looks crappy.

Phobos-X
Nov 24, 2002, 12:08 PM
as long as no one copies my name AND my appearance im none too worried, some hair colors (blue, white, red) are always goin to be common, and some outfits are always goin to be common

flux-equals-rad
Nov 24, 2002, 07:09 PM
as long as my name doesn't get ripped off im fine. theres only so much you can do with creating yr character, especially since each memory card can hold 4 characters yr bound to see some twins...sucks that im seeing a few people with the same name as my girlfriends character 'xxx' shitty thing about that is that ive noticed one or two of them are beggars. hopefully she wont get a bad rep cuz o that.
: D

pixelate
Nov 24, 2002, 09:10 PM
I don't see too many HUcaseals with the green costume with yellow trim. And I don't see too many RAmarls with the pink outfit and black trim. I think I'm fine for a while.

I ran into another Pixel on the DC versions, but have yet to see another pixelate or Pixel so far.

I guess it's original?

MetalGriever
Nov 24, 2002, 10:35 PM
I have yet to run into anyone else named ZEOTA.

Blue147
Nov 24, 2002, 10:43 PM
i hate win people take your name its happened to me now thier are 5 or more chars named Blue runing aroud it realy ticks me off grrrr lol but it was inveatubul o well i have three more chars whos name i have never seen anywere else lol it realy is ironic lol

Eum
Nov 24, 2002, 11:10 PM
Blue isn't exactly the most colorful cabbage in the patch, if you catch my drift. o.0

Considering it's nearly impossible to be completely unique in Phantasy Star Online, there really isn't a point to dwelling on it. However, I understand the frustration. Customization does go beyond the character creation screen, though, with mags and weapons. Keep that in mind when you see your carbon copy running around you in a lobby. >=D

DirewolfX
Nov 24, 2002, 11:43 PM
I haven't seen any other short HUnewearls with medium-dark skin, the grey costume and grey hair. ^_^

Blue147
Nov 25, 2002, 12:18 AM
lol ya my names not as arigonl like some out thier but nothing is arigonl for long(i'm sure i'm spelling this wrong lol)but thier is always some one that that copys some else look at anime win you think about it it's all realy the same gaint robots,demons,evil spirts,chi energy martal arts,and outlaw shot um up thingy people.nothing arigonl for long o the irony of it all lol(and not Blues from rockman its Blue and not that guy from sage frionter lol)

Eum
Nov 25, 2002, 12:26 AM
Well, I think before you can make broad statements about anime you have to have a gigantic amount of exposure, first. ^_^;

What you said is true, though. Nothing remains original forever. So, if I were some of you, I wouldn't bother going out of my way to make sure that I'm not conforming to anyone else. Because, more often then not, you are. ._.' Then again, it doesn't hurt to try...

Blue147
Nov 25, 2002, 12:57 AM
i not one of those people who waches cartoon network anime and thinks he knows everything about anime i have all kinds of uncut fan sub anime on my pc like star ocen mega man exe and all the ones on cartoon network and alot more not so big anime and some i dont remanber lol but it gets boring cuz it become mannotinos and uncraetive lol.

SiliconX
Nov 25, 2002, 01:07 AM
There's a big difference between seeing someone with the same colors as you, and running into another "Sephiroth" or "SSJTrunks". If you pick a FFVII or DBZ name, you're just another face in the crowd

I saw another HUcaseal with the same colors as me, and didn't think anything of it. But if I ran into another "SiliconX", I might be rather upset http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kent
Nov 25, 2002, 02:25 AM
Pfft... I made a character named Blue (the guy from SaGa Frontier) a long time ago, back on Version 1 on Dreamcast. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And it's original, not arigonl or whatever you said. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Carbinne
Nov 25, 2002, 04:31 AM
Well, there's not too much you can do if you like the way your character looks... I usually have trouble with names, and can understand why people make characters off of whatever popular anime or cartoon or whatnot. Too bad you can't change your name as easily as you can change your outfit... or can you?

Jizzah
Nov 25, 2002, 04:52 AM
I ran into a FOmar that was identical to mine. We had the same outfit, same hair, and same mag. His name was Mimic, which I thought was kinda ironic.

Hikaryuu
Nov 25, 2002, 06:28 AM
It's really too bad that the androids get the short end of the stick when it comes to designing what they look like. I don't understand why they get about half the options that Numans and Humans get.

Rhang
Nov 25, 2002, 09:15 PM
I've tried to be original with my Force, but I've started a Ranger that looks like Wedge from FF3.

MalambisBZ
Nov 26, 2002, 12:02 AM
I have a HUcaseal that has a unique costume. I haven't seen another like me. I wont say which it is, because I don't want clones http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

I think i'm the only one with a RAmar that has the antenna helmet thing. Haven't seen one. But i had to change costume because SPY copied me (j/k he was first).

I just got nidra, and it seems every other force does too. It's kinda depressing, lol.