PDA

View Full Version : Defeating MEGID

thefixer
Dec 11, 2006, 10:53 AM
The linear line S rank missions are turning out to be more trouble than they're worth. I've been doing my best on them, but I have completely run out of scape dolls and cash to buy them. The only thing that keeps me in the fight (i.e. not kicked for ruining the mission rank) is that I play smart and stay waaaaay away from the action, giving me plenty of time to dodge if necessary. My precious shotgun, however, is collecting dust.

Whenever I go to LL and try my luck I wear a 22% dark Rabol Stela (no suv...), and I outfit all of my guns with Earth bullets in the hope of silencing the deljabans. I even made a chat shortcut telling people to use silencing attacks. Recently someone told me that silence doesn't stop megid, and that megid counts as a basic attack for the deljabans. I don't know if that's a crock or not, but I never have seen one cast it while silenced.

Am I living a lie? Does silence really not stop megid? Is Earth a completely useless element? Should I put my megaline back on?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thefixer on 2006-12-11 07:55 ]</font>

AngelLight
Dec 11, 2006, 11:01 AM
well, eventually later this week more S rank missions will come out including ones with little to no megid. Keep in mind in no way does it mean that it's going to be easier....but if you're just not liking megid, if you wait less then a week you can skip LL alltogether.

To answer your question, yes Diga (not radiga, not sure on the Gi- one) does stop megid if it procs silence on the target. However, you'd be better off with letting a ranger type use a silence trap to do it (or a really high level earth element rifle bullet) or switching to Jitsu-sei on your bow (the earth element one) and proc with that. Outside of that, your best bet is to get some more STA score added to your base stats (such as the Mega/Stamina Extra Unit as an example) or more Dark Resist. However, if your Diga is high enough, there's no reason why it can't proc megid and thus stop it (note that it will only work with the actual spell megid such as what we see now and not a physical attack megid like one that's coming up).

Hope That Helps...

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 11, 2006, 11:10 AM
actually, you're better off using shock. It stops that attack animation that launches megid, and stops the enemy from attacking all together, therefore protecting everyone to an even greater level. I actually read that silence doesn't stop megid because it's linked to a regular attack, but I know shock does stop it, and every attack. SO use electric skills. Electric is the best element for ranged weapons as it currently has the best status effect.

THE JACKEL

thefixer
Dec 11, 2006, 12:15 PM
shock doesn't stop magic attacks

Rizen
Dec 11, 2006, 12:22 PM
True but THE JACKEL is right. The megid used by the Dels are launched from a physical attack. Shock, stopping physical attacks, will also stop them from using megid.

thefixer
Dec 11, 2006, 12:38 PM
Roger that. I bought the shock bullet for the grenade launcher.
Thanks

ChyronType0
Dec 11, 2006, 12:55 PM
Actually I used shock at first and they were still able to laucch megid at my party, while shocked. Plasma does nothing. Wanna stop megid? Use anything earth.

JAFO22000
Dec 11, 2006, 01:31 PM
I've found that if they are shocked and use Megid still, it's only a lag issue. If you want to test this, shock them and watch. If the DO shoot the Megid at you, it will be only right before the shock wears off. Sometimes they even physically attack when "shocked", but again due to lag. Shock is the way to go.

thefixer
Dec 11, 2006, 02:47 PM
and the controversy continues

Rizen
Dec 11, 2006, 03:08 PM
Well, from my experience Shock does the trick. I will do some more testing on this to back up my statement, and I will use shock and silence trap if need be.

AngelLight
Dec 11, 2006, 03:11 PM
I do have to admit, watching the animation it doesn't look like a spell casting one. There's no "elemental halo" created when it happens. Perhaps it is a physical projectile, but I'll reserve judgement till we can see something in action (or I can test it myself later http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

thefixer
Dec 11, 2006, 03:16 PM
Laying traps in that scenario is a bit too dangerous for my tastes. If there was more bang for the buck I might go for it.

That said, virus traps are sweet.

SailorDaravon
Dec 11, 2006, 05:06 PM
Shock stops Delsaban Megid, period. Not sure about Silence, I seem to have a bitch of a time getting it to stick on them. Trust me, I've probably done 20 or so S rank runs with a Plasma Shotgun with incredible results. Most of the people I party with seem to be aware of this at all, usually most everyone's doing shock attacks and there's no megid happening at all.

fronebullare
Dec 11, 2006, 05:57 PM
After carefully obeserving the effects of both on the deljabans, i can say that neither shock nor silence stops those bastards from shooting megid...

Stixx
Dec 11, 2006, 07:13 PM
I'd like to reenforce the statement that shock stops megid. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SailorDaravon
Dec 11, 2006, 08:22 PM
I just solo'd a chunk of S rank to test shock.

SHOCK
STOPS
MEGID
PERIOD

imfanboy
Dec 11, 2006, 11:31 PM
I just checked both in solo S rank. Right now I'm using fans to test it (because fans have a strong proc rate, and are mobile enough that I can dodge megid when solo'ing) with both shock and silence.

SILENCE
STOPS
MEGID
PERIOD

....I also tried shock, and ate a few megids from Deljabans that were DEFINITELY shocked. Right in the middle of the SE level 2 shock time. Since I was alone and I'm on a cable modem, I don't think it was lag causing it. (man, those things move fast if you don't have a full party!)

As further testimony, I notice that when shocked they have two activities: they hop around waiting for it to wear off or they fling megid. When silenced, they always make a straight beeline for you and physically attack. ALWAYS. And in my book, that's preferable dealing with even the chance of them flinging megid.

About the only time I thought a Silenced deljaban flung megid was in that dead end that usually spawns on a B3 map - the dead end with a small room and 4 boxes? But that's so crowded there's no way I could have silenced them all.

Heck, you know what? It could be that both shock and silence stops 'em.

But I know I personally was using shock for a while and didn't see any damping down of megid; the team would use at least 1 scape a run, sometimes 2-4 depending on bad luck.

Now that I spread silence around the Deljaban mobs, the only ones flinging megid are the ones I haven't touched yet. When there's three rangers proc'ing silence, we NEVER see megid, and the hunters are very happy indeed.

I couldn't say the same thing about us proc'ing shock. <_<

EDIT: And I forgot to mention that me and a group of friends finished a set of 6 Fight For Food runs with the rangers (including me!) using Silence - not a single scape used even once. Now, admittedly, we're pretty good players, but even good players eat megid now and again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2006-12-11 20:33 ]</font>

Spellbinder
Dec 11, 2006, 11:32 PM
It's shock, end of story. We've known this since a short while after S Rank Linear Line's release on JP PSU.

thefixer
Dec 12, 2006, 12:30 AM
I'ma try shock for a while and get back to ya. The fact that there are people who believe either solution so firmly is intriguing. I know that my running earth shots and persuading the forces to throw diga didn't really stop the rate at which scapes were being used, but at this point it is clear to me that I'll have to find out the truth for myself. I'm new here and I don't know who to trust.

Inazuma
Dec 12, 2006, 03:47 AM
another person from jp ver here. i spend most of my time in LL S rank, soloing.

shock stops megido, silience does not.

but more importantly, raise your dark resist to bring megido's damage down to 0. that way you will NOT die at all.
dark armor + meiga/rainbow (adds 8% to all resists) + the magic up item should do the trick, at least for chars w/ high magic resist, like forces.

Sitka
Dec 12, 2006, 09:03 AM
I'm pretty much f...ed as a ranger when soloing s-rank LL. I can't equip anything like Devil Resists to null megid, so I rely on SHOCK and keeping a safe distance/strafing and when necessary running like a girl to get the mobs to respawn from a safe distance.

Most times I can survive an entire run without getting killed, but my PM cannot because she is a broken and stupid force PM who only starts healing after she wakes up from being killed and likes to hang out in the middle of mobs getting raped.

If I'm looking for mission points and s-rank, I have to solo A runs (cept Mootab - can't do A there). If I'm farming for decent drops/exp/meseta, then solo S rank runs with PM and Laia as meat shields works great. At level 52, I've a ways to go before I can kill the megid flingers faster to solo and get s-rank. Or, if Sega would fix the 450's so they actually heal once in a while - that would be real nice.

So yeah, shock, strafe and run away - works for me.

Zer_01
Dec 12, 2006, 11:02 AM
id like to see the server side pings of the people who think shock doesnt stop megid, currently ive been noticing that you can "dodge" an attack, but you still take the damage for it, along with the accidental overkill of hitting an enemy too many times before you see it go down.

theory:the character/monster damage is handled server-side, so monsters get first crack while players have to push the button/key, which makes their character move, but then that action has to bounce off the server and back to get validated as a hit. which you might see anywhere from .1 to .4 seconds later(approximated).

you may or may not agree, but think for a second, when in extra/story mode, you hit something, immediately it takes the damage/dies.

i dont remember this disparity in good old PSO, and i sure as hell dont think it would fly in any other action based MMO. so as soon as this problem gets sorted out, we can get some real answers.

thefixer
Dec 12, 2006, 02:27 PM
After some more tests i have decided to say screw the LL entirely. With whatever ping issues i have to deal with i have now seen megid used under both shock and silence. Maybe the players of the japanese version are right, but for my character as she is now, it simply isn't worth the time.

Wheatpenny
Dec 12, 2006, 02:30 PM
One thing we can all agree on. They can't cast megid if they are all dead http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

IceBlink
Dec 12, 2006, 02:59 PM
You can always try out ice if shock and silence isn't up to standard. Stops them completely. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Reiichi
Dec 12, 2006, 04:29 PM
Question: If taking 0 damage from megid makes you invincible from the instakill, does reducing the damage to say 10 do anything in terms of prevention?

Likewise dark armor helps reduce damage, but is it an all or nothing deal? Will you be just as likely to die with dark armor taking 10 damage from megid as you would with light armor taking 200s?

And if it's an all or nothing deal, would evade and not mst be the better armor stat to focus on for survival if you have no chance of getting enough resistances for 0 damage megid?

Golto
Dec 12, 2006, 06:59 PM
Does the status lvl of shock effect weither or not it stops their megid attack? I've seen several different single Dels throw its megid attack several times while shocked.

MorbidLilim
Dec 12, 2006, 07:17 PM
I've seen them use it while shocked as well... they don't attack or anything, but they do still fling megid.

Inazuma
Dec 12, 2006, 07:48 PM
On 2006-12-12 13:29, Reiichi wrote:
Question: If taking 0 damage from megid makes you invincible from the instakill, does reducing the damage to say 10 do anything in terms of prevention?

Likewise dark armor helps reduce damage, but is it an all or nothing deal? Will you be just as likely to die with dark armor taking 10 damage from megid as you would with light armor taking 200s?

And if it's an all or nothing deal, would evade and not mst be the better armor stat to focus on for survival if you have no chance of getting enough resistances for 0 damage megid?

yes, its all or nothing. taking 2 damage or 200 damage, you have the same chance of dying from instant kill.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 12, 2006, 08:27 PM
HI I'M FROM JP AND I KNOW EVERYTHIN K THX.

Shock, or at least level 2 shock, doesn't stop megid.

Silence doesn't stop megid.

FREEZE, stops megid.

freiya
Dec 13, 2006, 05:11 AM
flinching also stops megid

Jarek
Dec 13, 2006, 05:58 AM
XD I find it amusing half the thread says silence works, and the other half says shock does.
Well, I was a bit curious, so I decided to see for myself. Albiet this was done in extra mode, but I don't think that changes anything here. And obviously that means there's no lag issues.
I was already using a handgun with shock, so I grabbed earth bullet and went to try em out. It was..kind of annoying, but I wanted to get pictures since they tend to say a lot more.
Image 1 (http://files.photojerk.com/psobsesser/Megid01.jpg)
It's hard to see the megid, but you can see the damage done and the silence icon. *And I can assure you it did not physically attack me*
Image 2 (http://files.photojerk.com/psobsesser/Megid02.jpg)
This is a better shot, it still has the megid ball in the picture. You can tell from the angle the blast is behind me, that it must've come from the Deljaban I have targeted right in front of me--which is silenced.
So I'm inclined to believe that it does come from a physical attack, therefore silence doesn't work. And 2 more images to suggest why:
Image 3 (http://files.photojerk.com/psobsesser/Megid03.jpg)
Image 4 (http://files.photojerk.com/psobsesser/Megid04.jpg)
Look at the damage numbers there. The deljaban with the attack icon, its megid actually does about twice as much as the deljaban w/o the icon. That sword icon does just mean increased physical attack right? Since the megid is coming from a physical attack I guess it gets boosted as well.
(I know I could probably use some better pictures, but it seemed like every time I got down to a single delj, the silence wouldn't stick..or it would just come up and hit me.)
I didn't try out shock as much because..well, it's really late. ;x But the times I did shock them, I didn't see them use a single megid. Might try it out more tomorrow if people are still unconvinced.

I kind of agree with Shim though, just use freeze and be done with it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Itsuki
Dec 13, 2006, 06:56 AM
Problem is, freeze breaks really fast and doesn't apply often. You can keep an entire room paralyzed, you can barely keep 1 monster in a room frozen.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 13, 2006, 07:07 AM
BUT SHOCK DOESN'T FUCKING WORK, WHY IS EVERYONE FROM JP CLAIMING IT DOES?

Seriously, after my friend SUVs the entire room and casts shock on EVERY LAST ONE, we STILL get blasted with megid.

WE DON'T HAVE PARALYSE BULLETS YET ON US, AND SHOCK DOES NOT WORK.

STOP SAYING IT DOES.

STOP NOW.

STOP IT.

freiya
Dec 13, 2006, 07:18 AM
shock doesnt work, silence works, can anyone in s rank missions test to see if a bow or a rifle will keep them stunned enough to stop casting?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: freiya on 2006-12-13 04:19 ]</font>

Itsuki
Dec 13, 2006, 07:39 AM
We claim it does, because it has proven its uses to us in the past. We've run a lot more hive than you all, and we don't die often in LL. Infact, I haven't died in LL in a long long time. Not that I play LL often.

Either shock works, and the casting you're seeing is just because of lag.

Or shock doesn't work, and for some strange reason, the jp players, which have more lag than the us, never see Deljaban cast megid when they're paralyzed. If you're so intent on saying shock doesn't work, then go fraps a run of LL S where you use plasma bullets and use that as evidence.

EDIT: And congrats on 1000 posts Shim http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-12-13 04:45 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Dec 13, 2006, 07:54 AM
God you are so holier than thou, ever thought the reason I don't play jp any more is you lot?

"the jp players"

"We have done such and such more than you"

"We"

"Us"

"YOU"

It's so fricking irritating.

Thanks for the congrats.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 13, 2006, 08:02 AM
16:47:13 <Public> HI THIS IS ME
I need a tenora gun

16:47:25 <Public> HI THIS IS ME
and better plasma bullets

16:47:33 <Public> HI THIS IS ME
to fuckl those megid thingies

16:47:48 <Public> AND THIS IS MY FRIEND
plasma?

16:47:53 <Public> HI THIS IS ME
yeah

16:48:05 <Public> HI THIS IS ME
the attack is classed as physical

16:48:06 <Public> AND THIS IS MY FRIEND
when they are shocked all they can do is cast megid

16:48:10 <Public> AND THIS IS MY FRIEND
oh

16:48:17 <Public> AND THIS IS MY FRIEND
weird

16:48:17 <Public> HI THIS IS ME
silence doesn't work

16:48:25 <Public> HI THIS IS ME
just ice or plasma

16:48:36 <Public> HI THIS IS ME
why do you think I used ice and plasma there

16:49:01 <Public> HI THIS IS ME
need better PA lvls

16:49:13 <Public> AND THIS IS MY FRIEND
so hard to level them

16:49:22 <Public> HI THIS IS ME
mine suck hard

16:49:31 <Public> HI THIS IS ME
I thought of being fighgunner for a bit

16:49:38 <Public> HI THIS IS ME
make lvlling em easier

16:49:45 <Public> HI THIS IS ME
more damage

16:49:52 <Public> HI THIS IS ME
get em to 20 then switch

-Later-

17:22:56 <Party> HI THIS IS ME
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

17:24:25 <Party> HI THIS IS ME
fukk

17:24:40 <Public> SOME DUDE
=_=

17:25:15 <Party> AND THIS IS MY FRIEND
guess that throws out the theory that shock stops

17:25:17 <Party> AND THIS IS MY FRIEND
megid

17:25:26 <Party> HI THIS IS ME
it was one of them behind

17:25:29 <Party> AND THIS IS MY FRIEND
no

17:25:38 <Party> AND THIS IS MY FRIEND
it was three or four that were shocked

17:25:43 <Party> AND THIS IS MY FRIEND
all casting it

17:25:48 <Party> HI THIS IS ME
o

17:25:50 <Party> HI THIS IS ME
well

17:25:57 <Party> HI THIS IS ME
erth does not work either

17:25:59 <Party> HI THIS IS ME
earth

17:26:01 <Party> SOME OTHER FRIEND DUDE
:/

Anyway I later saw him do an SUV that shocked them ALL, and DIRECTLY after, not "this could be lag" after, they all continued throwing megid.

We may be wrong, but after seeing this we've done LOADS of S rank LL runs, all using freeze because of dying to megid while shocked.

So don7t throw the whole "I'm more experienced so I know more about it than you," because after dying ONCE and getting hit with megid again by shocked Deljebans, we've never used shock since, and we could be level 70 on JP and still not be using shock after that experience.

And you know for a fact I played JP up to one month ago, so tell me, why am I so collosallyu inexperienced again with megid? I came to US throwing about the JP consensus to use shock, if you see I've posted "Use shock" here before, then I used it and it FAILED TO WORK.

Quit it with the "You and us" mentality, and the "I know more cuz I have jp" mentality. It's really crappy of you. I only ever pull out that card when directly challenged about something that is not in US, that I did in JP. Like the whole DOES BEAST WARTECHER SUCK argument.

You might see my ass back on JP if this whole hacking shit does not die down anyway, I know for a fact I'm not liked and I don't give a damn, I'm just going to refrain from the I'M ON JP elitism in future because I really do hate it in others.

edit:

I have just realised that shock or no, freeze works better for us because there's only two of us, we are both rangers and we use the "run backwards firing" method while dodging megid, and being able to halt them is nice.

On JP I was hunter. Fighgunner in fact. I didn' kno shit about the freeze/shock/do whatever theories, cause I never used them. My ATA would not allow me to hit those S rank enemies with the dual handguns I had. Now I have the ATA and I'm playing a whole new game. This "JP knows more" thing is SO annoying. Most JP players were crap... hey guess what, I quit because I could never find a good game, I didn't know anybody, the community spirit was RANCID compared to PSO GC days. I quit because I moved to US with good friends. If they stayed on JP so would I, but friends>I AM SO FREAKING AWESOME CUZ I AM ON JP. I didn't get on with the importers bar like 3, yep, I am a dick, and yep, IDC. Most players on JP and US suck. Either you are an ass and start kicking for lost S ranks like many, or you say "fuck it" asnd lock yourself up in rooms with people you know. I didn't get on with the importer crowd and I could not find any japanese person on there I liked, which made me weep for my fun days on PSO with my japanese friends back then.

Oh big deal. I'm on US now for better or worse and I DO NOT like being talked down to for it. It has dick all to do with experience and time on the game, please stop acting like it does. If has more to do with what worked for me in PRACTICE, and when shocked monsters start flinging megid it does make everything you learned ON JP look wrong.

I told all my friends to use shock.

It did not work.

Where do we go from here? And don't play the "I know more cause I play pinku bento box version" game with me.

edit: erased names in a "TERRIFIED OF OTHER HUMAN BEINGS" japanese geek fashion, but actually cause I want to avoid hackers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-13 05:33 ]</font>

Sitka
Dec 13, 2006, 08:57 AM
....wowser....

I ran a lot of solo s-rank LL last night with my Ranger, now level 53, lvl 1 fg. I used Laia and my broken, stupid, mob-rape loving PM for meat shields. I'm not going to earn s-rank with this crowd, but at least I can get some decent drops, experience and meseta to buy the synth boards that phail to produce the weapons that break when I grind them.

Shock doesn't work. It seemed to me that maybe they didn't fling as often - but they did fling while clearly shocked. My plasma bullets on my rifle are level 21 and while I am successful in inflicting shock, they still flung megid.

Silence doesn't work. My grav bullets are level 21 and I clearly had black clouds circling megid flinging bastards.

Personally, I've gone back to my fire bullets. I can continue to strafe, dodge and run like a girl, but I can finish a room off quicker using the fire bullets than using the shock, grav or freeze bullets. The burn damage from my level 24 fire bullets and the SUV beats any actual physical damage that I can do to them for now.

I'll continue to level all my bullets up and hope I have more success, but I think the key is to dodge and finish them off before they finish you.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 13, 2006, 09:02 AM
It's 11PM, why am I soloing the damn LL. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Just saw another shocked Del throw megid and didn't hit print screen in time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Edit: fuck it, I think I WILL try fire.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-13 06:08 ]</font>

Ether
Dec 13, 2006, 09:12 AM
On 2006-12-13 04:39, Itsuki-chan wrote:
If you're so intent on saying shock doesn't work, then go fraps a run of LL S where you use plasma bullets and use that as evidence

Done (http://www.inconsequentialexistence.com/psu/shockvsmegid.avi)

18 megs, divx. Sorry for the large file size, I didn't want crappy youtube quality

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-12-13 06:27 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Dec 13, 2006, 09:35 AM
Wow, why am I not surprised, without even clicking on it I know you did that solely to try to prove me wrong. No life much?

NOT convinced either way, because I'm wondering if it's dependant on LEVEL OF BULLETS. I've seen them cast it too many fucking times, and been killed by it once.

DMG
Dec 13, 2006, 09:38 AM
Like others have said, neither shock or silence stop megid. I've had the best success with fire, personally. Death stops megid.

Ether
Dec 13, 2006, 09:40 AM
On 2006-12-13 06:35, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Wow, why am I not surprised, without even clicking on it I know you did that solely to try to prove me wrong. No life much?

Maybe you should just watch it. The entire video is deljaban casting megid while shocked. Isn't that what you were saying, that shock doesn't work?

-Shimarisu-
Dec 13, 2006, 09:42 AM
Then sorry about that. Past grudges, you know?

Computer will slow down if I run it anyway, so much so I can't play PSU.

Edit: Thank you Ether, for saving me the effort of proof, off I go to Moa where my heart really lies. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Still wondering if 21+ will stop megid though, but lvl 11+ fire DOES seem best for solo/duo now I've had a go at it.

Now I need to LEVEL it, I disregard burn status because it's not great for support compared to the others. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-13 06:58 ]</font>

Golto
Dec 13, 2006, 10:37 AM
I finally got rifle fire bullet to lvl 21 and it does come in handy in LL S. When soloing I set monsters on fire run away rinse and repeat until dead. Also with rifle's flinch and as fast as you can shooting you can stop one DelJ from throwing their baby megids. Of course you better have really high ata as even at lvl 52 ftg lvl2 I miss quite a bit.

freiya
Dec 13, 2006, 11:37 AM
wow if everyone put up videos like that, there wouldnt be any arguments on the boards anymore...good work.
just need a silencevsmegid video now.

thefixer
Dec 13, 2006, 12:47 PM
That's amazing. I've never had such a great first thread on a forum before.
Great work, Ether!
Looks like the subject is almost closed.

Itsuki
Dec 13, 2006, 01:29 PM
That video was just crazy to me. I've seriously never seen that before. Of course, I've only played LL S on the JP servers though. So I went frapsing myself, I spent over half an hour trying to get a Deljaban to megid while paralyzed and I couldn't get it to do it. I'll upload the video in a few, but half an hour and I was completely unable to replicate what was in Ether's video.

Perhaps the issue is with the US servers?

Reiichi
Dec 13, 2006, 02:01 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if the US got the 'hard' mode of a game while the JP got the 'easy' mode? a la FFIV XD

Or perhaps it's just bugged.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reiichi on 2006-12-13 11:02 ]</font>

Itsuki
Dec 13, 2006, 02:46 PM
well, heres me attempting to lure megid out megid after paralysis and failing miserably. I did continuous shots to prove that I wasn't just cutting out only the times when it didn't cast megid while paralzed. I can say with 100% certainty that on the jp servers, paralysis stops megid. If you're crazy us servers don't, then well, its probably a bug on your side.

http://rapidshare.com/files/7356030/KesaraMegidTest.avi.html

Golto
Dec 13, 2006, 02:49 PM
Itsuki-chan: Does shock status effect other monsters' special attacks? I'm starting to think it is a bug too on NA servers.

Itsuki
Dec 13, 2006, 02:56 PM
Depends on the special attack. Some instances yes, some instances no. For the most part I'll say yes. You'd have to give me an example and I can go check.

thefixer
Dec 13, 2006, 03:11 PM
Hooray! Not only do we get a game where we have to wait for artificial "updates," but we get buggy servers too! Awesome!

If its really a bug, then I guess they should know about it. Maybe they just didn't like how easy LL was in the Japanese version and they decided to fix that by just sticking it to the Americans. A this being a bug on our servers seems far more likely.

Sitka
Dec 13, 2006, 03:40 PM
I played a few more hours on Fight for Food s-rank today and think I noticed something.

When the megid-cow pie tossing bastards were shocked, they would use the same motion they used when they flung their purple balls, but the megid ball wouldn't fire. Then they would do it again and even though the shock status still showed on the monster, the megid would come flying.

So, perhaps the bugginess of the US servers does have something to do with lag wherein the monster still appears to be under the influence of an SE, but the monster's AI is saying "good to go" or something like that. Some type of lag between what the player sees and what the monster feels.

I don't know if that makes sense, but that's kind of how it appeared to me. For the last four hours of Fight for Food runs I have not been killed by Megid once (I skip the boss fight). Yesterday I got dropped three times in the same room (ninja penjuins iced me and megid tossers finished me off). Fire damage, full SUVs, dodging and running and full use of meat shields is working the best for me right now.

Kil
Dec 13, 2006, 03:41 PM
One thing I find strange about this whole lag discussion is that, well, it can't possibly be lag, because mobs are controlled client-side, are they not ? I thought that was why one would end up with everyone fighting mobs in different areas of the room. Mobs go out of sync because they're controlled by each person's computer. If you see yellow oscillations around the enemy, it should be shocked no matter what.

Anyway, Shock may stop megid on JP right now, but has it always? Does anyone know for certain that, this early in the JP updates, shock stopped megid? I recall reading in another thread that the JP players "eventually started noticing" that paralysis stopped megid - it didn't sound like a bunch of guys whipped out their plasma bullets for it immediately. I also remember hearing that the US updates were a few months behind, and in an unaltered state - bugs and all. Maybe in a later update this "feature" will come to the US? That's what I really believe.

Earth SE could use a bit of a boost, but it doesn't look like it's going to get one here. Them's the breaks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kil on 2006-12-13 12:48 ]</font>

Golto
Dec 13, 2006, 03:42 PM
Things like the two GSM-05s in Endrum Remnants Parum, Ageeta and Ollaka in Holy Grounds on Neudiaz. They seem not to be the exact techs but can be used while shocked.

Reiichi
Dec 13, 2006, 03:58 PM
So for US in the meanwhile it's Fire and Ice eh? Even though freeze doesn't happen very often, when 5-6 megid guys appear people aren't attacking them all at once, and therefore having 1-2 frozen would really help keep things under control in a 6 person party.

Itsuki
Dec 13, 2006, 05:36 PM
We knew shock effected the megid within 2 days of it being implemented on the jp servers. So yes, it has always been that way.

lokijam
Dec 13, 2006, 10:41 PM
lol 1 more for shock NOT stopping megid. i just watched a shocked del dude cast it!!

Kil
Dec 13, 2006, 11:24 PM
yeah it definitely doesn't (US server), or does it so badly that it's useless. I have a video as well, might upload it later.

I'm not sure about silence yet...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kil on 2006-12-13 21:26 ]</font>

thefixer
Dec 14, 2006, 01:04 AM
"Thems the breaks," indeed. Any chance of a non-gimpy Earth anytime soon? I bet Earth is totally win by now in the JP version.

AngelLight
Dec 14, 2006, 01:08 PM
Bizarrely, I've just seen both a shocked del and a silenced del both do megid while under the "influence" (no I wasn't on my end http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). So yeah, this has got to be a bug then.

Sitka
Dec 14, 2006, 02:04 PM
I spent a few more hours running LL this morning and I can say that my personal experience is that fire bullets rip up that run faster than any other bullet I use.

My fire bullets are up to lvl 27 (mostly from running this quest over and over, lol) and with everything on fire burning, everything burning from my SUV blasts and the continued peppering with my Blast Rifle, I can clear rooms pretty quickly now at level 54/2 forteranger solo.

Fire>Ice>Shock>Silence imho.

On a side note, I failed on my first attempt at a midiline armor and decided to run some more Relics (30 nanocarbons a try http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif) to pick up some synth mats, experience and get some more mission points and I finally got my first look at the Holiday Rappies (freakly looking things compared to the cute Saint Rappies on PSO). All four rappies dropped Christmas Trees (welcome to Sitka's Tree Farm) and then I got the rare version of the Relics Boss and he dropped some nice Goldania for me.

Yea for level 2 luck!

Dymalos
Dec 14, 2006, 02:46 PM
I can also vouch for the effectiveness of Fire. My Ensei-sou is now lvl 30. Without it, I probably couldn't solo Linear Line. I'm not sure if it was mentioned but Laia Martinez and the GH-440 seem completely immune to the killing effect of megid. I've run the place nearly 50 times now and not once have they died to it.

ChyronType0
Dec 14, 2006, 02:56 PM
I've found the most complete way to stop megid in LL S.

Use ICE!!

Its what I do, works beautifully on all the monsters and keeps hunters and the like alive.