PDA

View Full Version : FOmars and Mags

Musashi
Nov 24, 2002, 01:58 PM
I'm gonna make a FOmar with a mag that has 50 def and 150 mind(or atleast I want to), would this be wise? and if not, what would be better and why. I just don't see a reason to put any pow or dex into a Force class mag.

KyOsHiRo
Nov 24, 2002, 02:10 PM
I want to do that to with my FOnewm but it's really hard, expensive, and time taking. This is because raising just defence without raising any other star besides mind is hard... The highest i've seen DEF ever go up was 10... and that was a sol atomonizer and it also boosted power by 17. In the end I ended up with a mind mag with 26 power >.<

rarr
Nov 24, 2002, 02:12 PM
Well...a straight pow mag can rock for a FO. Enables them to melee and not have to sit back and do very little besides Resta/Shifta/Deband if they aren't getting much in the way of high level tech discs..go to http://www.pioneer2.net/movies and watch watashiwa in action.

exsilio
Nov 24, 2002, 03:40 PM
well I like that idea for a melee oriented FO, but even if you up the POW, your HP will still be pretty low. Right? How would you compensate? I hear DEF is a joke.

rarr
Nov 24, 2002, 05:13 PM
Resta is honestly the way that melee FOs stay alive. A melee FO should use handguns liberally along with sabers and the like, though. Handguns and such being mostly for bosses, since besides the dragon and Vol Opt, there is no reliable way to hit a boss with a melee weapon besides Falz, and low hp makes Handguns a good idea on Falz. So, yeah. The only way to compensate is Resta and some decent armor, but they are still powerful in the right hands.

exsilio
Nov 24, 2002, 05:44 PM
I agree that guns are good..but I keep running into the problem of accuracy. When I use a sabre or the like I hit all the time, when I use a gun I hit like 10-20% of the time...any thoughts as to why?