PDA

View Full Version : This one little thing angers me a little

VanHalen
Dec 11, 2006, 06:00 PM
i dont like when people say "oh i solo'd mission X with my PM or NPC" technically that is not soloing thats still a party with computer characters. they move around and they attack and they take up space so thats still a party. the word solo means

[edit] Noun
solo (solos)

A piece of music for one performer.
A job or performance (e.g., an airplane flight) done by one person alone.
A card game similar to Whist in which each player plays against the others in turn without a partner.

basically it means alone with out a partner(or partner machine) and such

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-12-11 15:00 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Dec 11, 2006, 06:13 PM
Considering the unbelievable stupidity of the AI-controlled characters in PSO and PSU, we might just as well call it solo! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DikkyRay
Dec 11, 2006, 06:15 PM
GAIS I SOLO'D LL S RANK WITH MY PM, LAIA, AND LEO!
im waiting for someone to say that...

VanHalen
Dec 11, 2006, 06:24 PM
On 2006-12-11 15:15, DikkyRay wrote:
GAIS I SOLO'D LL S RANK WITH MY PM, LAIA, AND LEO!
im waiting for someone to say that...

someone did a couple of times a thats what lead me to this topic cause of that

and @kodia: lol the AI is type stupid

lavosmanx
Dec 11, 2006, 06:34 PM
I've seen dumber AI in guild wars, atleast with this game the NPC's are managable.

Uncle_bob
Dec 12, 2006, 05:32 AM
I'd actually say someone deserves credit for getting an S-Rank on the A and S rank missions if they had NPC's with them as they're quite stupid and prone to dying. Lou fails at healing.

AeraLure
Dec 12, 2006, 10:30 AM
I agree. I guess. Certainly there is a distinction that needs to be made between mission completion completely alone and mission completion with an NPC obviously. True too the dictionary term for solo is well, alone lol.

Thing is when applied to the PSU context, the PM is basically your mag seperated from you wherin PSO it was attached (though you could go solo something there without your mag also if you really wished) for game balance reasons and changes in the PSU system. In a party everyone goes without them, though technically one person could bring one. Lower overall stats if looked at in terms of playing without your mag but you're in a group which is considerably stronger and united in teamwork. If alone, you have the option of going to solo and bringing your PM along, or not. What to call it when you bring it along? In my book just semantics really. In the PSU context if you keep her alive (and you) you get the S rank and all the drops of course, which is the same as soloing in terms of net result.

I dont know. I understand where the OP is coming from and its the rant forum anyway. Rant away. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Just for my own two cents its easier in this game the way it is set up to call soloing as you are the only human player - no matter how you choose to do it, alone or with an NPC - and teaming up as you are playing with at least one other human. Suppose if one wants one could say solo, teaming and then NPCing to differentiate all three possibilities.

And lavosmanx: GW NPC were among the dumbest I have ever seen. I agree. Here in PSU its actually kind of nice once a PM gets some battle experience - they arent half bad. My Force regularly soloed A ranks with her 410 getting S rewards (otherwise if I didnt get an S what would be the point, and I wouldnt do it). Doubt one can really realistically get an S with a PM in an S rank mission, but havent been bothered to try.