PDA

View Full Version : El/Im/Photon

Umberger
Dec 11, 2006, 11:10 PM
What exactly do they do differently?

I noticed my synth % went down when I used an El Photon...so are they all better at a certain type of synthesis? If so, which one is for what?

Laranas
Dec 11, 2006, 11:18 PM
El-Photon and Im-Photon (when given the choice to use them) lower the chance of success but gives a small chance of making a much better item with a successful synth. The chance is still pretty low from my experience, but if you're making a non-elemental and you can afford the % shave, why not?

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2006, 11:20 PM
el's I use for force weapons, i assume the other is for ranger weapons and the last for armor or somthing.

Umberger
Dec 11, 2006, 11:21 PM
Anyone have an example of what could be made into what by substituting in one of those photons?

Laranas
Dec 11, 2006, 11:22 PM
My friends on JP (I haven't logged on there since the launch here) says it usually just raised the rarity by 1*, so just check the next * of the same manufacturer. But as I said, it hasn't happened for me personally.

Pengfishh
Dec 12, 2006, 12:53 AM
They lower the rarity when used on the wrong weapon type. Ims are for ranged weapons and Els are for casting weapons. Elemental Photons and regular photons should be obvious.

SolRiver
Dec 12, 2006, 03:38 AM
It can also turn your weapon into a monomate if it was a 1-2* regardless of %

The_Gio
Dec 12, 2006, 03:58 AM
Man i went crazy looking for 5 Im-Photons to synth my vullseye, i dunno if has anything to do with anything but I used an Im. Also I remember they change the weapons element don't they?

KiteWolfwood
Dec 12, 2006, 03:59 AM
Double Saber when made with a Im photon creates a Falchion.

FenixStryk
Dec 12, 2006, 04:02 AM
On 2006-12-11 20:18, Laranas wrote:
El-Photon and Im-Photon (when given the choice to use them) lower the chance of success but gives a small chance of making a much better item with a successful synth.O RLY? I'll have to try that on my next Fluorescent Bulb synth. ;p

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 12, 2006, 04:47 AM
?? never heard that before. I know you can sub kub wood and get a diffrent wep when that option is present but you can use Els and stuf fon any hunter weapon I have tried to synth I belive... they just gave me a lower % and no element... so whats it make the next * weapon up instead by a small chance?

all force weapons use EL photons btw.

AngelLight
Dec 12, 2006, 10:24 AM
While this might be already known stuff....it's nevertheless good info. This should be stickied or at least put into a guide somewhere for others to see it.

Umberger
Dec 12, 2006, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't really call one question stickie worthy...unless someone compiles a list of what becomes what if subbed, then maybe.

But for now, it's fine as just a topic, maybe it can be added into an FAQ or something, but nothing more.

usmcbama
Dec 12, 2006, 01:11 PM
Let's play a game: see who can come up with the LOWEST synth percents by using El or Im photons AND kubara wood!

Sitka
Dec 12, 2006, 01:12 PM
It would be nice to have a guide of the subs that can be made and whether it is worthwhile or not.

For example, I dumped nearly 200,000 meseta into a board and materials for a Burst Rifle (8* weapon) and exitedly/cautiously put the board and materials into my 100 pure ranged PM.

For my first try, I went with Kubara Wood and was offered a Assanic (not Assassin) Rifle with a vague description and a chance of 48% success. It failed.

After cursing out yet another wasted ton of meseta, I ran Holy Relics until my eyes bled to get enough meseta for another attempt. This time I went with Parum Ebon and got a 54% chance success offer. This one worked and I've been happily roaming PSU blasting stuff with my new 8* weapon.

I've gone back to Relics to run until I can get enough meseta for my third and final attempt and I'm debating whether to go with Mot Ebon or make another attempt at the Kubara again. I like 54% better than 48%.

So, a guide of what using sub photons and woods etc... might yield and what the value of that yield might be would be very helpful I think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2006-12-12 10:13 ]</font>

Arislan
Dec 12, 2006, 02:48 PM
Something to think about - We won't have A rank grinds for a long while, and Kubara is only *really* useful when ground.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 12, 2006, 11:43 PM
the 6 & 8* guns use kubara wood as a sub for the kubara brand version of that weapon thats easy to know and document, its a lower % and they are weak weapons untill grinded very high. I personally think they are a waist since you need a +8/9/10 to make them better than the other weapon will be with a easy grind say +4/5 but once you do get those last 2 grinds the 9/10 they are stronger than even the +10 of the regular version tho not by much.

Given the chance to fail the synth and the chance to break the weapon in a grind before you can hit that area where they start to excell I say kubara weapons are not worth the risk/reward.