PDA

View Full Version : Rant: The lowdown on Loot Distribution.

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 12, 2006, 04:10 PM
Ok. Let's span history here.
PSO Version 1(DC). A lot of hackers, a lot of PKers. Give finder loot.
PSO Version 2(DC). A lot of hackers yet, PKing and the introduction of VK, BSOD and NOL. Battle mode. Still Give Finder Loot.
PSO Episodes I&II(GC&XB). Both had hackers. No more PKing. Introduction of 300% weapons, Mass duping, and Al Rappy slots. STILL Give Finder Loot.Get the point yet?
PSO Episode 3(GC). Whole new card based system. Nice game. Introduction of Tournaments, and online ranking. Loot was based on victory or loss, and how quick and good you won or lost.
PSU(PS2,PC&XB360). Not many hackers. Infinite Money hack is unveiled. Introduction of Dual Wielding, First Person Gun Aiming, NanoBlasts, SUV, Class and race differential, New Techs, Photon Arts, Clothing Options, and sadly, the most horrbile addition to PSO/PSU, Item Distribution.

What I'm trying to say is... ever since PSU, people have become bitches(no offense). PSO was always give finder loot, and no one had a problem. No that they added this Rediculous Option, more people have become the type of.. "Omg sorry i have to go afk(might as well get items while i am away..) OMG set random/In order!" Anyone who puts The loot dist. on Set in order or set Random, needs to take a time and and realize thier Noobness. PSO has always been Give Finder. Keep it that way. Anything else is a Crime and an insult to the way PSO should be played.

Axel3792
Dec 12, 2006, 04:16 PM
I do agree, but hey, it keeps item whores in check. I am an advocate of random distribution, but only when playing with hawks. Friends are a different story.

DizzyDi
Dec 12, 2006, 04:21 PM
This isn't PSO, its PSU. K?
completely different game. People are entitled to thier opinions of how the game should be played. But you calling people noobs because they like it on random/order just shows your ignorance.
if we followed you logic and play PSU like PSO, FO's would carry about Sabers all the time and try to melee, rangers would just spam mechguns all day, and everyone else would be a HuMar.

Axel3792
Dec 12, 2006, 04:23 PM
If you don't like random, either start your own games or don't join the ones that are using it. Easy as that. Even then, out of all of the games I've been in, only a fraction have been on random.

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 12, 2006, 04:30 PM
I do start my own games. And I fill them up quick. And Since when Have forces in PSO carried around sabers and tried to melee? if they did what PSO did you play I wanna try it. I'm not ignorant. When I play with friends and they lead the party I play with Give Random/order. Saying PSU isnt the next thing up from PSO is like saying FFXI isnt the one that comes after X-2. It's plain out stupid. PSU is the new age PSO, the follow up of PSO, the Sequel. This is PSO revamped by every and any means, and I'm still taking point away from sega for making people who sit back and do crap get items with this Distribution. Negative points sega... then again, you were never positive... I understand keeping the Item whores in check, but I'm not one of them. I try to be fare and Even If a rare drops, I wont take it unless I 1. Absolutely need 2. Someone else already ha it 3. im soloing for meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XoAmaterasuoX on 2006-12-12 13:33 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Dec 12, 2006, 04:35 PM
On 2006-12-12 13:10, XoAmaterasuoX wrote:
What I'm trying to say is... ever since PSU, people have become bitches(no offense).
Pot calls kettle black. Film at 11. (no offense)

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 12, 2006, 04:36 PM
...What?

DizzyDi
Dec 12, 2006, 04:39 PM
On 2006-12-12 13:36, XoAmaterasuoX wrote:
...What?

Hes saying that your post is really ironic. You're saying people are bitches, yet here you are making a topic calling people noobs because they don't set the item distribution a certain way.
You're saying this game is PSO stepped up...Exactly. This is PSO revamped, so therefore don't expect people to play this game like they played PSO, BECAUSE ITS THE NEXT STEP UP, get it?

DrWhistler
Dec 12, 2006, 04:42 PM
This is obviously the rant of a looter! Why else would someone complain about an 'option' to set a distribution order.

Get lost!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrWhistler on 2006-12-12 13:45 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Dec 12, 2006, 04:46 PM
I always set it to in order. Why? Because you work so hard to kill a big fellow like a jarba by yourself and find it dropped a red board. Before you can even pick it up due to a combo or suv, someone swipes it who doesn't even help at all in battle. I really don't need to pick up items, but sometimes it's nice to find something great to use or sell here and there. With give to finder, there are more looters, way more. They run around destroying boxes and trees after tagging enemies, run through the kill zone swiping, and not even helping with the enemies. Tapping isn't helping. I play mostly with friends so it helps everyone out, yet two of our friends like to loot, alot. But we make em mad with in order distribution. If you have an issue with a dude just sitting there getting free items from faking an afk, boot him. Plain and simple.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2006-12-12 13:50 ]</font>
[b]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2006-12-12 13:53 ]</font>

A2K
Dec 12, 2006, 04:49 PM
You're not actually presenting any real reasons as to why setting the item distribution "Give finder" is a preferable option. Arguing that the practice is acceptable simply because it's "always been done that way" simply doesn't cut it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-12-12 13:50 ]</font>

Gamemako
Dec 12, 2006, 04:51 PM
Ask a fortetecher or fortegunner or guntecher about item distribution and he will tell you the obvious: random/order or I'm leaving. That's because annoying fortefighters and fighgunners (basically any of the nublets sporting beast hunter classes DUS DAGGAS!!!1111oneone) take all the loot and those who are incapable of using melee weapons effectively get jack shit (especially when rares drop and they all converge on it like moths to flame). When I play with friends, we basically just announce what we want and leave it on random. If someone wants something in particular, he asks for it and it is gifted him. Nobody asks what to do with the stuff nobody in particular desires (like the insane amounts of synth mats that drop everywhere) since they're randomly distributed by the game. Everything is fair. But FFA on drops is just utter shit for non-hunters.

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 12, 2006, 04:54 PM
On 2006-12-12 13:46, CyarVictor wrote:
I always set it to in order. Why? Because you work so hard to kill a big fellow like a jarba by yourself and find it dropped a red board. Before you can even pick it up due to a combo or suv, someone swipes it who doesn't even help at all in battle. With give to finder, there are more looters, way more. I play mostly with friends so it helps everyone out, yet two of our friends like to loot, alot. But we make em made with in order distribution. If you have an issue with a dude just sitting there getting free items from faking an afk, boot him. Plain and simple.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2006-12-12 13:50 ]</font>

First off. you always set it to Order. What happens if you lonly find 1 rare? Then the other 5 people get left out, and bam at the beginning of the next mission you get the first rare yet again! Greedy? I think so. Secondly, as beforementioned, I am Fair with loot, I do not pick up everything in sight. You get lost. And Yeah I can see my first post is ironic, but... its also truthful.
Plain
and
simple.

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 12, 2006, 04:57 PM
On 2006-12-12 13:51, Gamemako wrote:
Ask a fortetecher or fortegunner or guntecher about item distribution and he will tell you the obvious: random/order or I'm leaving. That's because annoying fortefighters and fighgunners (basically any of the nublets sporting beast hunter classes DUS DAGGAS!!!1111oneone) take all the loot and those who are incapable of using melee weapons effectively get jack shit (especially when rares drop and they all converge on it like moths to flame Everything is fair. But FFA on drops is just utter shit for non-hunters.

As to your first sentence... Leave. Not my Problem. And i love how people blam hunters for the ninja-ness! Its not only hunters! I see ranger up in the midst of action more then I am sometimes! So your OMGWTFBBQ Hunters grab everything cliche is wack.

Niki
Dec 12, 2006, 05:04 PM
On 2006-12-12 13:10, XoAmaterasuoX wrote:The loot dist. on Set in order or set Random, needs to take a time and and realize thier Noobness.

Lawl. I remember reading your party description a few weeks back about item distribution. I also remember changing my party description to "Amaterasu Omigami is an idiot." for the rest of the week. Do you remember that?

What your post should should have said is, "People who set item distribution to Set Random or Set in Order realise that 'elite' in PSU means being elite as a team, whilst I am trying desperately to prove that I am superior due to my skill at grabbing items. Pleas do not party with me if you value teamwork and S-Ranks above loot."

If you had written it that way, you would have saved yourself a lot of typing and won kudos for being honest.

Gamemako
Dec 12, 2006, 05:14 PM
On 2006-12-12 13:57, XoAmaterasuoX wrote:

On 2006-12-12 13:51, Gamemako wrote:
Ask a fortetecher or fortegunner or guntecher about item distribution and he will tell you the obvious: random/order or I'm leaving. That's because annoying fortefighters and fighgunners (basically any of the nublets sporting beast hunter classes DUS DAGGAS!!!1111oneone) take all the loot and those who are incapable of using melee weapons effectively get jack shit (especially when rares drop and they all converge on it like moths to flame Everything is fair. But FFA on drops is just utter shit for non-hunters.

As to your first sentence... Leave. Not my Problem. And i love how people blam hunters for the ninja-ness! Its not only hunters! I see ranger up in the midst of action more then I am sometimes! So your OMGWTFBBQ Hunters grab everything cliche is wack.

Hi, you're one of the few hunters who doesn't grab at items, and you've found one of the few rangers who does (and if he's playing in your FFA item group, he has a goddamn reason to, since he's so far away from everything most of the time).

If you want me to, I'll fire up FRAPS and record the people who come into an each take game made by a fortetecher. As if another ranger or force type would even join.

Wheatpenny
Dec 12, 2006, 05:34 PM
On 2006-12-12 13:10, XoAmaterasuoX wrote
Ok. Let's span history here.
PSO Version 1(DC). A lot of hackers, a lot of PKers. Give finder loot.
PSO Version 2(DC). A lot of hackers yet, PKing and the introduction of VK, BSOD and NOL. Battle mode. Still Give Finder Loot.
PSO Episodes I&II(GC&XB). Both had hackers. No more PKing. Introduction of 300% weapons, Mass duping, and Al Rappy slots. STILL Give Finder Loot.Get the point yet?
PSO Episode 3(GC). Whole new card based system. Nice game. Introduction of Tournaments, and online ranking. Loot was based on victory or loss, and how quick and good you won or lost.
PSU(PS2,PC&XB360). Not many hackers. Infinite Money hack is unveiled. Introduction of Dual Wielding, First Person Gun Aiming, NanoBlasts, SUV, Class and race differential, New Techs, Photon Arts, Clothing Options, and sadly, the most horrbile addition to PSO/PSU, Item Distribution.

What I'm trying to say is... ever since PSU, people have become bitches(no offense). PSO was always give finder loot, and no one had a problem. No that they added this Rediculous Option, more people have become the type of.. "Omg sorry i have to go afk(might as well get items while i am away..) OMG set random/In order!" Anyone who puts The loot dist. on Set in order or set Random, needs to take a time and and realize thier Noobness. PSO has always been Give Finder. Keep it that way. Anything else is a Crime and an insult to the way PSO should be played.

Oh we should set loot to give finder just because thats what we did in the old days?

Yes Yes,just because its always been done the same way before makes something right. So while we are at it lets un-do the following things just because they were a change in "how things are done".
-First Person Aiming
-Doing away with FSOD AND BSOD
-Cast never had SUV before lets get rid of those.
-Hell in PSO there were never Beasts at all,damn thats a lot of people who need to make new charecters.
-I could go on but I am sure everyone gets the point.

On 2006-12-12 13:54, XoAmaterasuoX wrote

First off. you always set it to Order. What happens if you lonly find 1 rare? Then the other 5 people get left out, and bam at the beginning of the next mission you get the first rare yet again! Greedy? I think so. Secondly, as beforementioned, I am Fair with loot, I do not pick up everything in sight. You get lost. And Yeah I can see my first post is ironic, but... its also truthful.
Plain
and
simple.

Last time I checked when a game is set to give finder the people in the back NEVER EVER get anything even regular items.I am sure most people (especialy forces ) will agree thats worse than missing out on a rare every once and a while on random or order,far worse than 5 other people missing out on a rare here or there.And by the way before you retort with the whole "ZOMG YOU MUST BE A FORCE YOU ARE BIASED" I am a Fortefighter thank you very much.

EDIT: fix error with bold letering http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2006-12-12 14:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2006-12-12 14:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2006-12-12 15:00 ]</font>

AeraLure
Dec 12, 2006, 06:02 PM
On 2006-12-12 13:10, XoAmaterasuoX wrote:Anyone who puts The loot dist. on Set in order or set Random, needs to take a time and and realize thier Noobness.

Oh, this was beautiful lol.

To each their own really, but seriously, I cant see how anyone can rant against fairness in distribution. My my.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-12 15:26 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Dec 12, 2006, 08:54 PM
Go to hell.

Bleemo
Dec 12, 2006, 08:59 PM
LOL

We shouldn't be fair because we should all play the game as we did PSO.

Yeah.

Seriously. Gtfo.

kimaya
Dec 13, 2006, 07:03 AM
Everyone plays differently, thats why there is a choice. You want to take people's choices away and force them to play the way you do because why? You say you fill PTs up so whats the big deal and just what are you complaining about?

Sadly, this smells like a little bit more than a little bit a lot of gamergeek elitism.

Anyway, what is the point of debating which way is preferable when there is a choice. If you don't like it then don't play it that way. Simple as that.

medusae
Dec 13, 2006, 07:57 PM
What happens if you lonly find 1 rare? Then the other 5 people get left out, and bam at the beginning of the next mission you get the first rare yet again!

Maybe you should get your facts straight... In Order doesn't choose the leader or the same person every time to start items with. Instead, it chooses a random person every run to start with, and works down from there.

Wanna call anyone else a noob again?

Shigecki
Dec 13, 2006, 08:33 PM
On 2006-12-12 13:30, XoAmaterasuoX wrote:
And Since when Have forces in PSO carried around sabers and tried to melee? if they did what PSO did you play I wanna try it.

PSO ver1, PSO ver2, PSO epI and II. PSOBB. That looks like them all to me. I never had the chance to play epIII, I don't know if they could use sabers and what not in those games. They were called "melee forces". These games even had weapons that were MST based.

On 2006-12-12 13:30, XoAmaterasuoX wrote:
I'm not ignorant.

Guess again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

The difference between the two games (separate games at that, it would be like using the old PS games for comparison with PSO and PSU, totally different games) is that everything you find in PSU can be useful. In PSO not everything was, and alot was just left on the ground for eveyone to get if they wanted. Most of the time it wasn't even picked up. That is the biggest difference between these two games as far as looting goes.

Money is also a big issue for some. Since this is put in order too, it give everyone an equal chance to get their riches. So to be fair to everyone, set order/random is very useful for the party. I find that it keeps things moving along at a quicker pace. Just grab as you go along.

I've been playing the PS games for a long time now. I don't think the term noob really applies to anyone when it comes to PS games anymore. If you play the game now, you probably played the other games at some point. I haven't met anyone that didn't play some type of PSO game before on PSU.

Maridia
Dec 13, 2006, 11:36 PM
It's just more fair on in order compared to give finder. Plain and simple. ;P And no, the first rare picked up does NOT always go to the person who got it. And if that's a problem, leave rares on random. Which can still suck, Tomeeboy got like, 90% of all rares picked up one night.

Don't be a tard, tradition isn't always best. People complained back then too, or was your head so far up your own ass you missed it?

Skuda
Dec 13, 2006, 11:38 PM
item dist. was given options for a reason.. so people could CHOOSE what they wanted. >:E

lavosmanx
Dec 15, 2006, 02:19 AM
I agree, I remember in PSO v1 or v2 that I found a rare and someone picked it up before me. I still remember that and am glad sega implimented the 'order' option. Its fair and unlike random, your sure things are getting disributed fairly.

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 16, 2006, 01:11 AM
Lawl. I remember reading your party description a few weeks back about item distribution. I also remember changing my party description to "Amaterasu Omigami is an idiot." for the rest of the week. Do you remember that?

What your post should should have said is, "People who set item distribution to Set Random or Set in Order realise that 'elite' in PSU means being elite as a team, whilst I am trying desperately to prove that I am superior due to my skill at grabbing items. Pleas do not party with me if you value teamwork and S-Ranks above loot."

If you had written it that way, you would have saved yourself a lot of typing and won kudos for being honest.

[/quote]
lol. First of I don't know you. Second off, if your gonna insult me, spell my name right. Omikami.. not Omigami. Idiot.

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 16, 2006, 01:12 AM
On 2006-12-13 16:57, medusae wrote:

What happens if you lonly find 1 rare? Then the other 5 people get left out, and bam at the beginning of the next mission you get the first rare yet again!

Maybe you should get your facts straight... In Order doesn't choose the leader or the same person every time to start items with. Instead, it chooses a random person every run to start with, and works down from there.

Wanna call anyone else a noob again?

Actually, yes it does. ORder means the order you join the party. There fore, its leader to the people who join in after that. That's why your a noob.

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 16, 2006, 01:14 AM
On 2006-12-13 20:36, Maridia wrote:
Don't be a tard, tradition isn't always best. People complained back then too, or was your head so far up your own ass you missed it?

But in this case. It is best.

Wheatpenny
Dec 16, 2006, 11:28 AM
Note :my quotes never got replied to......guess a winrar is me.

rena-ko
Dec 16, 2006, 11:53 AM
On 2006-12-16 08:28, Wheatpenny wrote:
Note :my quotes never got replied to......guess a winrar is me.

pityquote.

i like how relaxed 'in order' and 'random' games are. noone's ninjaing the drops - and if, then only to speed things up. you can concentrate on the killing instead of OMG having to turn around to swipe that piece of meseta off the ground.

really, and if i see a leecher, i request a kick. only friends may idle in my games.

Mystil
Dec 16, 2006, 04:32 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't give a damn about drops??

rena-ko
Dec 17, 2006, 10:01 AM
probably. why do you care that you might be?

Wheatpenny
Dec 17, 2006, 10:17 AM
Hmmm I still love how amaterasuo never replied to me. I just feel ignored lol.

Sinue_v2
Dec 17, 2006, 01:39 PM
This is PSO revamped, so therefore don't expect people to play this game like they played PSO, BECAUSE ITS THE NEXT STEP UP, get it?

http://www.bitsbytespixelssprites.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/next_level.gif

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 22, 2006, 12:11 PM
Lol. Shim, go to hell yourself, your worse of a fucking bitch then me complaining about how people say "shotties"? LOL. Lowlife. Bleemo. You... I don't even know what to say. Well I do, but you ain't worth my time. Hands down, sega made all you people whining bitches by making loot distribution. Thank you sega.

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 22, 2006, 12:14 PM
Oh we should set loot to give finder just because thats what we did in the old days?

Yes Yes,just because its always been done the same way before makes something right. So while we are at it lets un-do the following things just because they were a change in "how things are done".
-First Person Aiming
-Doing away with FSOD AND BSOD
-Cast never had SUV before lets get rid of those.
-Hell in PSO there were never Beasts at all,damn thats a lot of people who need to make new charecters.
-I could go on but I am sure everyone gets the point.

On 2006-12-12 13:54, XoAmaterasuoX wrote

Plain
and
simple.

Last time I checked when a game is set to give finder the people in the back NEVER EVER get anything even regular items.I am sure most people (especialy forces ) will agree thats worse than missing out on a rare every once and a while on random or order,far worse than 5 other people missing out on a rare here or there.And by the way before you retort with the whole "ZOMG YOU MUST BE A FORCE YOU ARE BIASED" I am a Fortefighter thank you very much.

lol. People who sit in the back dont Deserve items. Work for what you earn fucking lazy P.O.S'

There i responded. Took me long enough, but I tend to have this thing called... a life.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XoAmaterasuoX on 2006-12-22 09:16 ]</font>

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 22, 2006, 12:17 PM
Something happened, it didnt quote what Wheatpenny said in the abovemention post. The forum prolly knew he was just a rantin bitch and chose not to credit him.

Wheatpenny
Dec 23, 2006, 11:24 AM
On 2006-12-22 09:17, XoAmaterasuoX wrote:
Something happened, it didnt quote what Wheatpenny said in the abovemention post. The forum prolly knew he was just a rantin bitch and chose not to credit him.

Ooh,yeah I have a life too, I just browse the forums at work when I have no calls holding, makes the day go by faster. So just because I called you on your flawed logic I am a rantin' (oh by the way rantin you put an apostraphe after to dictate you are using slang, friend.) bitch. Theres a rebutal worthy of the history books good job for you. Still didn't prove your point on that just because loot was always give finder in the other PSO games that it is better.

Careful
Dec 23, 2006, 10:56 PM
Talk about trolling.