PDA

View Full Version : Item: The */Ability Problem with ATA

FinalMasterM
Nov 24, 2002, 03:34 PM
I want to make it clear that (in GC PSO) Master/Ability only adds ".5" ATA. If you get "1" ATA for equiping a Master/Ability it is only becuase your mag has a odd level of DEX (1, 3, 5, etc) since 1 level of DEX = .5 ATA.

Hero/Ability (which adds 10 to every stat) will add 1 ATA and if God/Ability is 15 to every stat, then it will add "1.5" ATA.

RavenTW
Nov 24, 2002, 03:37 PM
So it adds 10% ATA, huh? Kinda sucks.

FinalMasterM
Nov 24, 2002, 03:46 PM
On 2002-11-24 12:37, RavenTW wrote:
So it adds 10% ATA, huh? Kinda sucks.

I know what you're saying, but lets not confuse some of the people here.

Ex: If you had nothing but a mag with 51 DEX (and lets say your character has no ATA to begin with) it says s/he has 25 ATA, but in reality, s/he has 25.5 ATA (due to the fact that 1 level of ATA equals .5 ATA). So if s/he were to then equip a Master/Ability it would give her/him a .5 ATA bonus making their ATA 26. Now lets say the mag had 52 DEX (again, the character has no ATA to begin with) so it says their ATA is 26, equiping a Master/Ability will raise your DEX to 26.5 (but will still say 26 in your stats).

RavenTW
Nov 24, 2002, 04:08 PM
Sorry, what I meant was 10% of whatever that unit raises abilities by.

VulpesMundi
Nov 25, 2002, 06:46 PM
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the system rounds up on partial stats on all versions of PSO. Keep in mind that it does this with the real ATA score as well. A 51 DEX would technically give 26 ATA if the true ATA is x.0. Depending on the class the ATA score goes up by 0.5 (HU and FO) or 0.75 (RA) every experience level. HUs and FOs technically gain 1 ATA every 2 levels. RAs technically gain 3 ATA every 4 levels. In the old versions of PSO the level up would only say +1 ATA whenever your true ATA score hit the next point up, with a decimal or not. For example, on level 2 all classes would not get a +1 ATA because they'd either have a x.5 or x.75 on their true ATA, but if you looked at the stats they'd still be one ATA higher due to the system rounding up. However, on level 3 the HU and FO will get a message saying +1 ATA, but their actual ATA score will not go up because it was already rounded up the previous level. With E1&2 they've changed the system to recognize the partial gains and say your character gained +1 ATA even if s/he only gained the decimal amount. For example, on level 2 all classes would get a +1 ATA because they'd either have x.5 or x.75 on their true ATA and the system now recognizes the rounding up. Techno-babble. Doncha love it? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif