PDA

View Full Version : advanced classes and PA skill level raising...

galaxy
Dec 12, 2006, 06:25 PM
So, when i hit lvl 10 force way back when, i wanted to level up hunter a bit (in case i switched a little between fortetecher and wartecher). In doing so, I left all of my techs between the levels of 12-17. this was high enough for the second-tier animations, which was good enough for me, since they seemed to rise quickly enough. I settled for getting them up on fortetecher.

now that the advanced classes are out, im having the toughest time raising these levels. barring the gi-level techs, which are moving pretty steadily since they are brand new, all my other techs are taking dreadfully long to level up. i want to get them at least to 21 just for the new animation, but they hardly move. is there something about advanced classes that makes leveling PA's slower (since you can get em most to 20 on basic classes, so they assume you'll do that, and they set the level raising slower assuming your doing it 20-30?) or is it just more apparent to me now?

thoughts? answers? slaps in the face?

Randomness
Dec 12, 2006, 06:50 PM
Everything is slower when you want it to go faster.

Yeah, its probably just that you're focusing on them now.

Ronzeru
Dec 12, 2006, 06:53 PM
I got doublesaber from 1 - 21 in one day. Does that count as slow?

Randomness
Dec 12, 2006, 06:55 PM
On 2006-12-12 15:53, Ronzeru wrote:
I got doublesaber from 1 - 21 in one day. Does that count as slow?

Please, techs dont level at the same rate skills do. In fact, skills tend to level faster than any other type of PA. So how fast you can raise the double saber PA is irrelevent to the discussion.

ChrisKo
Dec 12, 2006, 06:55 PM
1-21 DS in one day takes quite an attention span, that of which I dont have lol.

JAFO22000
Dec 12, 2006, 06:56 PM
Barta takes FOREVER!! My advice is either to:

A: Spam one spell all the time. Put it on all your rods/wands and spam it
B: Just play the game, use which spell you want and enjoy. They'll level eventually.

BTW, Diga levels quickly...I think they level faster dependant upon how much damage you do. When leveling Barta/Zonde, try to hit as many enemies as possible.

21 Rabarta OWNS!! It looks like a huge ice dispenser is just dumping on the creatures...

Careful
Dec 12, 2006, 06:56 PM
Melee PA's are way easier to level up then bullets or techniques. Just solo and not pay attention if it's close to leveling or not.

galaxy
Dec 12, 2006, 07:01 PM
ok i guess its just me then. slightly on and off-topic: i feel like hunters are spoiled in subtle ways. their PA's level faster, striking on PM's rises faster...i dunno, i just notice little things.

Ryoga4523
Dec 12, 2006, 07:29 PM
*cough* *cough* its not just you. They level quicker with their PA's, they do not have to use as much meseta to refill their PP even though they do not depend on PP to use their weapons like Ra's and Fo's. Lets just face the fact that JP loves swords and melee combat... so that is basically where they put a lot of their focus on in PSU. Hopefully they will wise up and the new updates will have things that help out Ra's and Fo's.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 12, 2006, 07:33 PM
If you are a ranger, go fighgunner for a few hours, then spam some C ranks to get your twin handguns and crossbow PAs to 20, as they'll level faster thanks to higher atp and more resultant damage.

Zorafim
Dec 12, 2006, 07:33 PM
I've heard that techs level depending on how many targets their spell hits. If a spell hits three targets, for instance, then it will take around three times longer to level it than a spell that hits one target.

Careful
Dec 12, 2006, 07:36 PM
Maybe it's how much damage you have to do to level it... lets go get a cast force and newman force and see what happens.

Lastat27
Dec 12, 2006, 07:45 PM
After four days of leveling Laser Cannon straight I've got Ice Bullet at lvl 11, and Shock at level 6. It's so depressing, not just because the bullets level slowly, but because the gun sucks so much at the moment. The PP cost of each shot (19 as Fortegunner, think it jumped to 25 at 11) makes the gun run out of PP so quickly, making leveling it a pain, even when owning two.

Ronzeru
Dec 12, 2006, 08:13 PM
Or, you could just level your spells the way I level techniques, and it'll be just as easy.... Cram the same spell on every single wand/rod you have, and just spam it at large groups over and over. Carry around Photon charges, and photon cosmos too?

Heh yea, it WILL be expensive as hll, which doesn't even have to be stated. But that's the only real way to power level anything if you want them high levels right then and there pretty much.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 12, 2006, 08:17 PM
It's based on damage online. We've already tested it with bullets.

Conclusively, if you have the job points:

Wartechers, go fortetecher for a day, hell even force to level your techs.

Guntechers, go fighgunner or fortegunner. Or back to ranger if your ATP improves.

Fighgunner, go fortefighter or hunter. Anything that ups your ATP.

Protransers..... lol, protransers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-12 17:20 ]</font>

Randomness
Dec 12, 2006, 08:25 PM
That means C rank missions are the absolute best for raising then for the damage output?

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 12, 2006, 08:32 PM
in theory it'd be smarter to change to a stronger class to level your techs, but typically the other class doesn't use the weapon you want to level, or doesn't raise it to the same level, IE a fighgunner cannot change to fortefighter to level the Double Saber, but for the other weapons, it's a pretty good idea, if you're just trying to level the PAs

THE JACKEL

Ronzeru
Dec 12, 2006, 09:03 PM
lolprotransers
LolDrgs
Lolpups
LolSmns
LolShimarisus

Careful
Dec 12, 2006, 09:38 PM
lolgb2 ffxi

pso123hrf
Dec 12, 2006, 10:01 PM
*slap in the face*

No its not slow because techs take me like a week to gain 1 level.

Curse you hunters and your fast leveling.

hucast21
Dec 12, 2006, 10:09 PM
On 2006-12-12 17:25, Randomness wrote:
That means C rank missions are the absolute best for raising then for the damage output?

You got it.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 12, 2006, 11:25 PM
damage for tech lvl.... that cant be right.. Barta took 3 days to lvl soloing relics in parum where I was doing up to 1600 dmg per cast on the ice weak green guys.

It also means my techs would lvl 2-3x faster in parum than they do in neudaze but they lvl the same speed.

the pedia has it set up for number of cast = skill up and thats what I seem to be able to confirm.

(number of cast being how many "hits" the spell needs before it levels, so say foi needs 30 hits to lvl from 1 to 2 thats 30 cast if you dont mist. But rafoi for instance say it needs 90 hits, thats 30 cast on a group of 3, or 90 cast on a single enemy.

wich is why things like barta are so hard to level because it its an unlimited number of targets it has the highest "hit" number and takes forever to lvl.

I have barta 22 btw http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-12-12 20:28 ]</font>

Sychosis
Dec 12, 2006, 11:27 PM
I dunno. Leveling techs in LL C seems to go faster than normal.

But there is a good chance it is just my imagination.

Grr
Dec 13, 2006, 01:21 AM
EDIT: THERE WERE TWO PAGES STUPID < YOUR QUESTION WAS ALREADY ANSWERED (talking to myself)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grr on 2006-12-12 22:23 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 13, 2006, 01:28 AM
I still need some confirmation and supported facts on this new theory maybe it works like that for rangers but not forces??

I cant say I have noticed that, I may be paranoid but I think when I upgraded to a 6* weapon it was lvling faster than my 5* weapon the dmg was almost the same tho so maybe rank of weapon = faster skill lvling? I just upgraded to 8* stuff I'll have to pay attention.

Still the idea I do so much dmg in parum relics when I solo vs so little dmg in say neudaze relics and yet my spells lvls the same speed really ends that theory for me right away.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 13, 2006, 02:43 AM
FACT: Multi-hit PA's level quicker than single hit ones.
FACT: Zonde levels slow as hell. >_>

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 13, 2006, 02:44 AM
Barta too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Garnet_Moon
Dec 13, 2006, 02:54 AM
I forgive Barta because it saved me when I had 20 HP left after being bum rushed. Froze the final guy giving me time to run back and heal. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 13, 2006, 03:10 AM
I forgive barta only because it actually has a decent attack radius, so sending into a group of guys does massive damage, zonde hits like 2 of them.

I am upset that the lvl 21 version is nearly the same as the prior one, wasnt worth my time getting it to lvl 21.

AnamanaAU
Dec 13, 2006, 03:17 AM
Try getting Knuckles to 21 in a day.

EJ
Dec 13, 2006, 03:21 AM
Is it really the damage it gives that make it level or is it the amount of casting since my lvl19 barta is taking forever and it's at 80%!

Also Zonde takes forever but saved me from those bot in grove ;3

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 13, 2006, 03:24 AM
solo sleeping warriors B/A using only barta/rabarta is how I did it and it took 3 days of that to get from 15 to 21

Ledin
Dec 13, 2006, 07:40 AM
I'm leveling 12 bullets at the same time (4x rifle, 4x twin guns, 4x handgun; I also got the 4 bow bullets, but I won't start leveling these unless I'm feeling bored or suicidal), keeping them around equal level all the time. The progress seems even slower that way, but at least I won't have to resort to using a severely underleveled bullet while fighting enemies of a specific element.

Once everything hits 21, I'll just take it casually, and skill them in normal missions.

I can't speak for Forces, since my techs cap at level 10, and it's relatively painless to get any spell that high while playing casually, but I will say that bullets are a hell of a lot more annoying than melee PAs. I dread the day they add Light and Dark bullets...not to mention the PA fragment ones; like half of them have "extra PP cost." D:

Tycho
Dec 13, 2006, 07:45 AM
Dependent on damage online? I need to see that. o_o

Turambar
Dec 13, 2006, 09:46 AM
I thought it was dependent on the number of hits scored? o.o Reason that Twin Gun and Shot Gun bullet arts seem to rise so fast.

Ronzeru
Dec 13, 2006, 09:53 AM
On 2006-12-12 18:38, Careful wrote:
lolgb2 ffxi

lolgetbacktoyourmother'swomb desu.