PDA

View Full Version : Friends who are a little obsessed

BeeYee
Dec 12, 2006, 08:43 PM
Im not saying ive never been one of them, lots of people have, but it annoys me that the fact that your friends want you to try something new realllllly bad but you dont want to, my friend wants me to play Maple Story and im like, id rather play Zelda on my Wii, and lately i played it once got to level 7 and then quit. I dont like the game and he still says i should play it. Does this annoy you?

KojiroAK
Dec 12, 2006, 10:17 PM
At least it is free and don't afford much PC resources.

So the annoying but be minor.

VanHalen
Dec 13, 2006, 08:48 PM
maplestory was fun until it told me i NEED 2500000000000000 exp to go to level 28 and monsters i can fight only give me 60.

but yeah it does annoy me my friends want me to play WoW but im not really in to games like that i like the bigness but its well it may be fun but the theme isnt my thing

BeeYee
Dec 15, 2006, 08:08 AM
i dunno how my friends can get to level 40... thats soooo insane

VanHalen
Dec 15, 2006, 08:56 PM
i dont know how people on that game get past lvl 30 i knew this kid( i hope he's lying for his sake) he went from lvl 1 to lvl 56 in two days on maplestory dont get me wrong its a fun game but they need to lower the leveling exp a little. not to fast and not to slow like right in the middle

Maskim
Dec 16, 2006, 07:44 AM
My wife plays Maple Story. Well not so much anymore, she's finally gotten bored of it, playing since summer '05. She's a level 100 and...something cleric. I dunno. I tried it, but I found it more boring to actually play than to just sit and watch her play.

Oh, and the kid you knew who went from 1 to 56 in a day. Hack. Such is the downfall of relying on Game Guard for protection.

VanHalen
Dec 16, 2006, 10:38 AM
i hope it was a hack it sounds worse playing a game that takes like a week lvl(well for me) one day makes him sound like a total no life. and yeah i do see gameguard as not really "guarding" anything. the last time i played maplestory i was in a subway station and everytime i hit a monster they got pulled away from me and all of the monsters were flying into a vortex in the corner something called the vaccum hack which sends monsters to the hackers location.

Sychosis
Dec 16, 2006, 05:06 PM
It annoys me, even when it isn't happening to me. My little brother has been trying to get one of his PSU pals to buy Gears of War, his pal obviously doesn't want it, his pal has been giving every excuse in the book to avoid picking it up (his pal is 14 BTW so you can tell he's beating around the bush).

I flipped out on my brother a few nights ago about it but he insists his pal wants it. It just pisses me off...let the kid play PSU if he fucking wants.

RedBoxHunter
Dec 18, 2006, 01:54 AM
My rant is the reversal of the original poster's. I hate when my friends don't want to try new things. If you give it an honest try and dislike it, fine, but give it an honest try at least.

I have a certain friend who I don't like to see anymore because when he's over we quite literally do the exact same thing every time I see him. We play SSBM. He's always the same character. He always picks the same stage. Then we gradually move through the other games we play every time we meet till we get back to SSBM. I buy new games, I try to get him involved, but he just goes through the motions until we get back to our routine.