PDA

View Full Version : X-Box (and PC/PS2) elitism is getting kinda old.

Kanore
Dec 12, 2006, 08:58 PM
Not only are the repetitive 'is this guy hacking/duping/botting/etc' topics getting old, but the obligatory 'IS IT ON PC I BET IT IS CAUSE XBOX IS BETTER 4LIFE' are too, obviously. Alot of these replies help degenerate topics into flame wars, and that's not what this board is about.

You're either helping by contributing or putting the rumor down before it spreads, or not at all.

I've just been getting a bit pissed off at not being able to escape the messages from this board and the official boards, and since I know that the PSOW community is a tad more reasonable, it'd be better to help stop it here.

Ryoki
Dec 12, 2006, 09:00 PM
On 2006-12-12 17:58, Kanore wrote:
Not only are the repetitive 'is this guy hacking/duping/botting/etc' topics getting old, but the obligatory 'IS IT ON PC I BET IT IS CAUSE XBOX IS BETTER 4LIFE' are too, obviously. Alot of these replies help degenerate topics into flame wars, and that's not what this board is about.

You're either helping by contributing or putting the rumor down before it spreads, or not at all.

I've just been getting a bit pissed off at not being able to escape the messages from this board and the official boards, and since I know that the PSOW community is a tad more reasonable, it'd be better to help stop it here.

I think it shouldn't be around in a PS community, I agree with that. But competetion is natural. However, I do agree that these kinda things should be kept off of general PSU boards, and left to the rants. (if needed.)

Careful
Dec 12, 2006, 09:00 PM
user received a warning for trolling and flaming.
hm... nah, just a lil reminder this time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2006-12-12 23:56 ]</font>

Nestahima
Dec 12, 2006, 09:01 PM
I hate to say it, but this thread is just going to do what you preached against: start a flame war.

Lavernius
Dec 12, 2006, 09:01 PM
FINALLY!
It's about time someone said this!

Ryoki
Dec 12, 2006, 09:03 PM
On 2006-12-12 18:01, Nestahima wrote:
I hate to say it, but this thread is just going to do what you preached against: start a flame war.

It shouldn't have to.

EDIT: Put too instead of to. Such a common error...I can't believe I made it. *EMO*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-12-12 18:04 ]</font>

Nestahima
Dec 12, 2006, 09:03 PM
On 2006-12-12 18:03, Ryoki wrote:

It shouldn't have too.

It shouldn't, but it will.

Ryoki
Dec 12, 2006, 09:05 PM
On 2006-12-12 18:03, Nestahima wrote:

On 2006-12-12 18:03, Ryoki wrote:

It shouldn't have too.

It shouldn't, but it will.

lol, I think we are starting a flame war right here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Kanore
Dec 12, 2006, 09:06 PM

I was thinking about it even before I made the topic, but decided to make it anyway. Even though a flame war would instantly get the topic closed, it'd be nice to root out who the real... er... 'annoying' people were.

Ryoki
Dec 12, 2006, 09:07 PM
QUICK EVERYONE! LETS BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THE HACKING GUY IN THE NEXT TOPIC! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifDDDDDDDDDD

wrentypo
Dec 12, 2006, 09:26 PM
is anyone still on xbox?
i took a week off waiting for the update and both times i've logged on this week there have been about five parties (four locked) on every mission.

plus soloing seems much harder now!

sorry for being horribly off topic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nukei
Dec 12, 2006, 09:30 PM
*beats the crap out of my xbox*

Nestahima
Dec 12, 2006, 09:30 PM
I'm still there. The first four Universes are normally full late night EST.

AeraLure
Dec 12, 2006, 09:33 PM
Hmm. At least on the XBox vs PC/PS2 part of this topic, I thought unlike flame wars on other console sites that arise from time to time, the this system or that system is better than some other system things that pop up occasionally here were usually pretty good natured and simply in the spirit of poking a little fun. Am I daft? Did I miss honest and intentional flaming going on somewhere? lol. Maybe so. I do think its a pretty good community here as game fan forums go.

No comment on the cheating topics though. Meh. Stirs up too many disappointments in years gone by and I do my best to stay out of them. Usually. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Doesnt mean they should be ignored, just means they should be directed at SEGA so they know it matters to a part of the gaming population.

PJ
Dec 12, 2006, 09:53 PM
Heh, I'm not even slightly worried about the console elitism.

Just the asshole PLAYER elitists. Regardless of console.

McLaughlin
Dec 12, 2006, 09:56 PM
I find it amusing you started a topic against elitism, and then preached to us all from your soap box.

Ironic?

PJ
Dec 12, 2006, 10:01 PM
On 2006-12-12 18:56, Zeta wrote:
I find it amusing you started a topic against elitism, and then preached to us all from your soap box.

Ironic?

Hardly.

ChrisKo
Dec 12, 2006, 10:02 PM
The console elitism isnt the problem, its the fact that the PS2/PC community's economy is being obliterated and they are quite upset. The ignorant kiddies on the Xbox who post these comments only do it to get a rise out of the PS2/PC people. Just ignore them and let them be happy while their economy isnt destroyed yet.

omegapirate2k
Dec 12, 2006, 10:02 PM
Oh, FUCK THIS, XBOX 360 4LIFEz!!!

*sacrifices a bear to his 360*

Umm.. NOT!

Why can't we just live in harmony? THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Sychosis
Dec 12, 2006, 10:08 PM
Stop being such a hater Chris.

ChrisKo
Dec 12, 2006, 10:12 PM
Sychosis ---> inflicts **confusion** on Chrisko......

How am I being a hater? By completly diffusing the situation? lol.

BloodDragoon
Dec 12, 2006, 10:13 PM
On 2006-12-12 19:02, ChrisKo wrote:
The console elitism isnt the problem, its the fact that the PS2/PC community's economy is being obliterated and they are quite upset. The ignorant kiddies on the Xbox who post these comments only do it to get a rise out of the PS2/PC people. Just ignore them and let them be happy while their economy isnt destroyed yet.

Key word there. "Yet". But meh I just ignore all the "360 iz teh uberz" crap posted here just passing it off as them trying to justify buying that $400 console asap, then paying for xbox live, then paying $10 more for a game disc than everyone else, and then still having to pay for a Guardians License. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

hucast21
Dec 12, 2006, 10:17 PM
On 2006-12-12 19:13, BloodDragoon wrote:

Key word there. "Yet". But meh I just ignore all the "360 iz teh uberz" crap posted here just passing it off as them trying to justify buying that $400 console asap, then paying for xbox live, then paying $10 more for a game disc than everyone else, and then still having to pay for a Guardians License. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

When you have a job that makes 75k+ per year, a $400 console is nothing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

In fact if you have a decent job, $400 shouldn't break the bank.

Getting back on topic:

Going by some posts on this forum, it seems that some players want the 360 to get hacked.

ChrisKo
Dec 12, 2006, 10:17 PM
That "Yet" was put there quite on purpose. I hold no grudge against consoles.... I own them all :/.

All it takes is THE WANT + THE CASH + STRONG HATE FOR PSO = XBOX360 psu hacked.

Do you really think people bought a 360 and xbox live just for PSU lol.

You are turning out to be an 360 hater :/. Keep your posts neutral and your message will come across better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

ChrisKo
Dec 12, 2006, 10:19 PM
U too late hucast21 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. lol.

hucast21
Dec 12, 2006, 10:20 PM
On 2006-12-12 19:19, ChrisKo wrote:
U too late hucast21 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. lol.

Ok...

McLaughlin
Dec 12, 2006, 10:21 PM
On 2006-12-12 19:13, BloodDragoon wrote:

And then not getting hacked.

Glad I bought my Xbox 360 and Xbox Live JUST FOR PSU.

Other...games? Surely you jest!

ChrisKo
Dec 12, 2006, 10:23 PM
Going by some posts on this forum, it seems that some players want the 360 to get hacked.

Of course some do. They see it as only fair... for obvious reasons, but thats just them blowing off steam because their economy is wacked.

Niki
Dec 12, 2006, 10:28 PM
I'm not well versed on the technical specs, but I always hear about how technically superior the 360 is, so I'm afraid it's unfair for me to comment on which is better. What I can tell you is that young men (perhaps pubescent would be a better choice of words) have a strong attraction to 'power', since they are compensating for feelings of inferiority which is perfectly natural at that stage of life. This leads to the population of XBL having a ridiculous slant towards that demographic, and hence the type of community that many of us would rather avoid. I think this statement could pretty much be duplicated in reference to PC.

There's no way to prove that if PS2 didn't have the same features and specs, it wouldn't have the same problems. I personally picked the PS2 to save $1000 so I wouldn't have to build a system just for this game. I suspect I'm not the only one.

hucast21
Dec 12, 2006, 10:28 PM
On 2006-12-12 19:23, ChrisKo wrote:

Of course some do. They see it as only fair... for obvious reasons, but thats just them blowing off steam because their economy is wacked.

Fair? I don't think so.

Any PS2 player should note when you buy an online game that's connected to PC servers, hacking is inevitable.

Sad but true.

Nestahima
Dec 12, 2006, 10:32 PM
On 2006-12-12 19:02, omegapirate2k wrote:

Umm.. NOT!

LOL. FUNNIEST thing I've read ALL DAY!

hucast21
Dec 12, 2006, 10:32 PM
On 2006-12-12 19:28, Niki wrote:
I'm not well versed on the technical specs, but I always hear about how technically superior the 360 is, so I'm afraid it's unfair for me to comment on which is better. What I can tell you is that young men (perhaps pubescent would be a better choice of words) have a strong attraction to 'power', since they are compensating for feelings of inferiority which is perfectly natural at that stage of life. This leads to the population of XBL having a ridiculous slant towards that demographic, and hence the type of community that many of us would rather avoid. I think this statement could pretty much be duplicated in reference to PC.

There's no way to prove that if PS2 didn't have the same features and specs, it wouldn't have the same problems. I personally picked the PS2 to save $1000 so I wouldn't have to build a system just for this game. I suspect I'm not the only one.

Well, I'm well versed on the specs of 360 because I work in IT as a Network Security Analyst for a major hospital.

The 360 is based off of Trusted Computing and the specifics into it's security is mind blowing.

If you can understand Trusted Computing here is a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Computing

omegapirate2k
Dec 12, 2006, 10:35 PM
On 2006-12-12 19:32, Nestahima wrote:

On 2006-12-12 19:02, omegapirate2k wrote:

Umm.. NOT!

LOL. FUNNIEST thing I've read ALL DAY!

Glad somebody noticed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sychosis
Dec 12, 2006, 10:36 PM
On 2006-12-12 19:12, ChrisKo wrote:
How am I being a hater? By completly diffusing the situation? lol.

By having a needlessly biased view of the 360 maybe?

BloodDragoon
Dec 12, 2006, 10:37 PM
$400 isn't much to me either though I find it hard to justify spending that on a console I would hardly ever use atm. Kinda funny tho I didn't hesitate spending around $55K in aftermarket parts for a truck I drive maybe 2 months out of the year. Though I suppose that is still justified by the enjoyment of the time I spent installing it all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif The exclusive game selection currently available to the 360 doesn't spark my intrest enough to buy it. Hell the original xbox I own got demoted to an emulator console and currently plays nothing but ROMs from classic systems.

ChrisKo there are alot of people out there that would buy a system just for 1 game. Countless people in my area bought the original xbox back then just for Halo. They didn't give a damn about any other game out at the time.

And I don't really want any game or system to get hacked but it bugs me when people are so naive that they think they'll always be safe from hackers on the 360. They need to realize that possiblility of being hacked will ALWAYS exist and there isn't a thing MS can do about it except try to delay it as best as possible which currently they seem to be a good job of.

ChrisKo
Dec 12, 2006, 10:50 PM
Fair? I don't think so.

Any PS2 player should note when you buy an online game that's connected to PC servers, hacking is inevitable.

Sad but true.

I said THEY think it as fair. Hence their reason for wanting it... hacking is inevitable for anything that the desire is high enough for.

ChrisKo
Dec 12, 2006, 10:52 PM

WTF? You need to reread buddy. Maybe biased view of the people constantly running their mouth about the 360's superiority, anythings superiority really. I own all consoles and play most of them. I have no bias view, but thanks for your opinion.

AeraLure
Dec 12, 2006, 10:57 PM
lol it DID turn into a console flame warrish sort of thing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

The CHILDREN omg. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

McLaughlin
Dec 12, 2006, 10:58 PM
On 2006-12-12 19:37, BloodDragoon wrote:
$400 isn't much to me either though I find it hard to justify spending that on a console I would hardly ever use atm. Kinda funny tho I didn't hesitate spending around $55K in aftermarket parts for a truck I drive maybe 2 months out of the year. Though I suppose that is still justified by the enjoyment of the time I spent installing it all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif The exclusive game selection currently available to the 360 doesn't spark my intrest enough to buy it. Hell the original xbox I own got demoted to an emulator console and currently plays nothing but ROMs from classic systems.

You aren't interested in the games. I'm cool with that.

When you start deterring others because YOU don't like the selection is when I get agitated.

Sychosis
Dec 12, 2006, 11:05 PM
On 2006-12-12 19:52, ChrisKo wrote:

WTF? You need to reread buddy. Maybe biased view of the people constantly running their mouth about the 360's superiority, anythings superiority really. I own all consoles and play most of them. I have no bias view, but thanks for your opinion.

Then will you kindly STFU with your doomsaying? Just as PC/PS2 people don't need people bringing up hacking, we don't need your assumptions on what will happen to our community either.

McLaughlin
Dec 12, 2006, 11:11 PM
On 2006-12-12 19:52, ChrisKo wrote:

Having a biased view of the console's community is equivalent to having a bias against the console.

Quit your nay-saying and leave. The Xbox 360 users don't bring up the hacking, YOUR OWN COMMUNITY DOES. We don't need you to bitch about our economy when yours is already halfway down the shitter. Leave us to own own devices.

"Oh, well...The PS2/PC servers are going to hell in a handbasket. I really hope the 360 bites a big one so I can justify my purchase!"

You picked your poison, I've picked mine. Deal with it.

EDIT: And owning all the consoles in the current generation doesn't exempt you from being biased.

I own a DS and a PSP. I sincerely regret buying my PSP. I'm biased against it, and yet I own one.

HOW CAN THIS BE!?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-12-12 20:13 ]</font>

ChrisKo
Dec 12, 2006, 11:13 PM
Ignorance is a bliss ehhh. Do always act so negative when your precious console is talked about in even the slightest disregard. All the parts of my post STAND and are perfectly logical, and I will say it again just for you.

IF THE DEMAND IS HIGH ENOUGH THE 360 WILL EXPERIENCE THE SAME PROBLEMS AS PS2/PC PERIOD.

PS2/PC's ECONOMY IS DAMAGED HORRIBLY AFTER THE ADDITION OF OVER 4.2 BILLION MESETA VIA BROOM.

People like you exist in every community, and are also the first to make an excuse for anything that happens. If you cant look at the big picture objectivly then you "STFU".

Sychosis
Dec 12, 2006, 11:14 PM
lol, thanks for proving my point hater.

Go down some more haterade pal.

ChrisKo
Dec 12, 2006, 11:17 PM
Having a biased view of the console's community is equivalent to having a bias against the console.

Quit your nay-saying and leave. The Xbox 360 users don't bring up the hacking, YOUR OWN COMMUNITY DOES. We don't need you to bitch about our economy when yours is already halfway down the shitter. Leave us to own own devices.

"Oh, well...The PS2/PC servers are going to hell in a handbasket. I really hope the 360 bites a big one so I can justify my purchase!"

You picked your poison, I've picked mine. Deal with it.

EDIT: And owning all the consoles in the current generation doesn't exempt you from being biased.

I own a DS and a PSP. I sincerely regret buying my PSP. I'm biased against it, and yet I own one.

HOW CAN THIS BE!?

I play on the 360 little buddy, and I dont have PSU for either PS2/PC. I dont have a bias view agiast the community I have a bias view agaist ALL people for SAID console's supremacy. Hence the mention multiple times of KIDDIES and their IGNORANT COMMENTS with no supporting facts. Your entire post is worthless, next.

Spelling mistakes /<3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChrisKo on 2006-12-12 20:19 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Dec 12, 2006, 11:18 PM
...What?

Sorry, didn't realise there was a double standard on this board. Negativity towards the PC/PS2 servers is regarded as heresy, whereas it seems dumping on the 360 community is encouraged.

Double Standard. Got it.

As for excuses; "VIA BROOM" qualifies as one. Whether it was him or someone else, it was bound to happen on a PC. That's all there is to it.

The Xbox 360 is harder to hack. Period. Not impossible, HARDER. Gamertag theft isn't hacking, its THEFT (and a fallacy, but I'm not going through that again).

Now, respond with something other than "LALALALALALA I'M NOT LISTENING!!!".

McLaughlin
Dec 12, 2006, 11:21 PM
On 2006-12-12 20:17, ChrisKo wrote:

I play on the 360 little buddy, and I dont have PSU for either PS2/PC. I dont have a bias view agiast the community I have a bias view agaist ALL people for SAID console's supremacy. Hence the mention multiple times of KIDDIES and they IGNORANT COMMENTS with no supporting facts. Your entire post is worthless, next.

Read the bolded bit again.

Just so I can say I warned you; Having a biased view of the console's community is equivalent to having a bias against the console.

ChrisKo
Dec 12, 2006, 11:27 PM
...What?

Sorry, didn't realise there was a double standard on this board. Negativity towards the PC/PS2 servers is regarded as heresy, whereas it seems dumping on the 360 community is encouraged.

Double Standard. Got it.

As for excuses; "VIA BROOM" qualifies as one. Whether it was him or someone else, it was bound to happen on a PC. That's all there is to it.

The Xbox 360 is harder to hack. Period. Not impossible, HARDER. Gamertag theft isn't hacking, its THEFT (and a fallacy, but I'm not going through that again).

Now, respond with something other than "LALALALALALA I'M NOT LISTENING!!!".

It seems we almost understand each other... No double standard at all, just looking at the whole picture objectivly.

I never disagreed with anything you said until you attacked me without fully understanding where I was comming from.

I do not and never have disagreed that Xbox360 is harder to hack. I agree about gamertag theft and have read every major topic on the cheating forum.

Anything left for Us to clairify?

1. I dont dislike you at all.
2. I dont at all dislike XBL, Microsoft, PSU.
3. I dont at all dislike Sony, Sony online.
4. I do dislike people with blind console favoratism(yes I cant spell).
5. I know I seem like a jerk, and can be difficult to understand.

McLaughlin
Dec 12, 2006, 11:30 PM
1. Nor do I dislike you.
2. I love Xbox Live and PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
3. I dislike Sony >_> Not to the point of fanboyism, I just dislike they way they do things. Nothing against the console.
4. As do I.
5. That's alright. Sometimes I can be difficult to comprehend as well.

ChrisKo
Dec 12, 2006, 11:31 PM
Zeta ok here you go. This is what you want right, "YOU WIN".

I guess you will never understand how someone disliking about 5% of a said community for said reason does not DISLIKE THE WHOLE COMMUNITY. Good day dude. I thought you almost understood, but I was wrong.

Closed minded GG.

Pentence
Dec 12, 2006, 11:48 PM
On 2006-12-12 19:32, hucast21 wrote:

On 2006-12-12 19:28, Niki wrote:

Well, I'm well versed on the specs of 360 because I work in IT as a Network Security Analyst for a major hospital.

The 360 is based off of Trusted Computing and the specifics into it's security is mind blowing.

If you can understand Trusted Computing here is a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Computing

Aye i hear ya mate.Thing is imo TC is only good for consoles n such not for comps.Too much control on their end in that respect if ya ask me.

BloodDragoon
Dec 13, 2006, 12:30 AM
Zeta as I stated I don't justify myself buying the system because the exclusive game content doesn't spark my interest enough. (And I can always swipe my friend's 360 when I want to play Full Auto or Chromehounds... >.>)
If someone wants to buy a system for just 1 game then go for it for all I care. It's your money. If you like numerous titles for the system then buy it to play them. I suppose I weigh in more factors in my console purchase decisions than alot of other people. But then I do the same for most my other purchases in general mostly due to the fact I don't really like wasting money. (Maybe I don't like spending it often too... meh. Most my income goes into savings or investment accounts.) As consoles go though, in general I'd rather buy a console for the software rather than the software for the console if that make's any sense to you.

The only part of the 360 I don't like personally are the people in that community that feel the need to post something in every cheat/hack/dupe/rumor thread here that basically amounts to "lolz ur on ps2/pc, i'm on 360 and itz teh invincible to haxors". These people to me sound like someone trying to desperately convince themselves that buying the system was a good investment. Granted the "OMFG HAX" threads need to stop popping up everytime someone on PC/PS2 THINKS there's a cheater and not post a thread like that unless they have undeniable proof. I'd like to think a majority of PS2/PC users would have expected someone to cheat in some way or form on those servers. Far as I can tell on those servers the economy isn't as fubar'ed as ppl make it seem. The way it's setup atm a majority if not all of that supposedly duped meseta is gonna get dumped in the synthesis shop for boards eventually. It was a bigger issue in games like FFXI where the money would almost infinitely circulate thru the player base due to the extremlely small amount of money actually needed for NPC transactions. FFXI... Hmm, chocobos... airship, ferry, Auction house fee's... that seems to approxomate the average player's NPC transactions in game. (Also I wouldn't doubt a majority of recipients of duped meseta being noobs and blowing it all on gear straight from NPC shops provided said activity even exists. I've yet to see it so I'm still skeptical saying its all rumor.)

hucast21
Dec 13, 2006, 01:19 AM
On 2006-12-12 20:48, Pentence wrote:
Aye i hear ya mate. Thing is imo TC is only good for consoles n such not for comps.Too much control on their end in that respect if ya ask me.

Agreed about TC being good for consoles but bad for consumers. That is why critics are crying privacy rights and such.

You are not in control of your own PC, the hardware and software manufacturers are...

Goes back to the Benjamin Franklin quote:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Agne
Dec 13, 2006, 02:33 AM
Well if no one else does... i understand chris.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 13, 2006, 02:38 AM
Today I saw two parties doing Fight for Food S with really odd titles and comments.

One said "NOscape=NOprob", and the other "NOscape=NOparty".

The first was clearly a casual and fun party, and the second just screamed elitist assholes abound.

I chose neither because both where full... I then raped Fight for Food A in like 20 minutes on my force solo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

But yeah, given the choice, I would've gone with the "NOscape=NOprob". I didn't have but two and that party clearly didn't care if an S was lost. That is the kind of party I wanna be a part of! They prolly had fun. They where doing those runs for a few hours... one of my buddies was in and I was stalking him, so yeah, I knew they where there a while. >_>

omegapirate2k
Dec 13, 2006, 02:42 AM
Yeah, I've done countless S runs on linear line, never once gotten an S, all we do is laugh at the guy who dies until we get killed ourselves, besides the PA fragment, theres nothing even good about the S rank missions so far, they give crap for mission points anyway.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 13, 2006, 02:47 AM
Don't get me wrong: I love seeing that S Rank especially because of the jump of 150 points TNL, to 400 TNL switching to xpert jobs. What I don't love is the drama when somebody dies without a scape. Who cares?! Have fun!

Y'know, my record in LL S is 15 conssecutive runs without ANY death; scape doll used or other. Sometimes Megid nails you 10 times a level, sometimes it'll never do anything but damage for an hour or two.

A scape is nice to have on the occassion you DO die, but c'mon, especially when they marathon lucky streaks with megid procs I don't expect ANYBODY to be protected 100% of the time.

Besides. If They didn't want us to rez people they woulda never given us Moon Atomizers OR Resurrection spells.

Think about it.

EDIT: In other places like Dimmagolus S where nothing has 1-hit-kill moves(Bil de Vears can be avoided easily; not many of them anyway), yes, I expect everyone to be covered with Scapes. C'mon... delicious 37 points for 30 minutes of work? C'mon, bring teh scapes. ;-;

Sure it's a bummer when we lose the S Rank on a long stage like that, but if it happens it happens. Cain't do anythin' about it. Just nod ya head and smile, then kick Dimmagolous' ass with renewed vigor and angst. :3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-12-12 23:52 ]</font>

etlitch
Dec 13, 2006, 02:55 AM
Console fanboys: they don't like their consoles, they just hate yours.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 13, 2006, 02:56 AM
On 2006-12-12 23:55, etlitch wrote:

Quoted for emphasis and because I agree with the statement.

Kanore
Dec 13, 2006, 06:36 AM

QFT.

Seems like half the topic degenerated into a flame war started by what I thought it'd be started with: The 360 players.

Sad. But, now I know whose opinions are moot whenever I enter a topic which 'calls' for the flamers to waltz in.

AnamanaAU
Dec 13, 2006, 07:04 AM
I'm getting sick of the 360 elitism too. We're playing the same game, lets be elitist towards something more worthwhile, like WoW!

FrogKicker
Dec 13, 2006, 07:19 AM
All I read in this thread is that the ps2/PC community is pissed that the 360 community is better...

DC > yur momz

AnamanaAU
Dec 13, 2006, 07:38 AM
On 2006-12-13 04:19, FrogKicker wrote:
All I read in this thread is that the ps2/PC community is pissed that the 360 community is better...
If the 360 community is full of fanboys like this, I'm sure as hell it isn't.

FrogKicker
Dec 13, 2006, 07:42 AM
On 2006-12-13 04:38, JubeiSaotome wrote:

On 2006-12-13 04:19, FrogKicker wrote:
If the 360 community is full of fanboys like this, I'm sure as hell it isn't.

Relax bigboi, learn to take a joke.

Seriously though, the ps2/PC community needs to go to anger managment classes, or at least take a chill pill...sweet jeebus folks.

AnamanaAU
Dec 13, 2006, 07:53 AM
I think fanboys in general need to be eradicated from the face of the earth. For every decent fanboy, there's like 500 trollish almost religiously fanatical fanboys.

MayLee
Dec 13, 2006, 07:54 AM
Happens all the time, it's not only the Xbox people saying. It's actually the PC/PS2 people saying it more. No seriously, the do. >.<

Everytime someone from the 360 community has SOME type of problem there is always, ALWAYS that same people going in and say. "That's why I'm glad I'm on the PC."

Grow up people, really.

McLaughlin
Dec 13, 2006, 07:55 AM
On 2006-12-13 03:36, Kanore wrote:

QFT.

Seems like half the topic degenerated into a flame war started by what I thought it'd be started with: The 360 players.

Sad. But, now I know whose opinions are moot whenever I enter a topic which 'calls' for the flamers to waltz in.

You just admitted to having a bias towards the 360 community.

How can you preach about elitism when you yourself practice it?

FrogKicker
Dec 13, 2006, 08:01 AM
On 2006-12-13 04:53, JubeiSaotome wrote:
I think uptight humorless bastages in general need to be eradicated from the face of the earth. For every decent uptight humorless bastages, there's like 500 trollish almost religiously fanatical uptight humorless bastages.

Hrm..

Would I be considered a fanboy for Microsoft/Nintendo/Ect. since I have hated Sony way before the playstation existed, or hell, before fanboys existed for that matter?

Serious question by the way. This place seems to be full of fanboy experts.

AnamanaAU
Dec 13, 2006, 08:09 AM
On 2006-12-13 05:01, FrogKicker wrote:

I think uptight humorless bastages in general need to be eradicated from the face of the earth. For every decent uptight humorless bastages, there's like 500 trollish almost religiously fanatical uptight humorless bastages.

Hrm..

Would I be considered a fanboy for Microsoft/Nintendo/Ect. since I have hated Sony way before the playstation existed, or hell, before fanboys existed for that matter?

NO THAT MAKES YOU AN ACTIVIST!!

But, really. The term "Fanboy" didn't really come into play until the 32bit/64bit days, thats around the time people realised how people acted about consoles. I was a Nintendo fanboy up until I played the 64 for the first time, then I went out and bought a PSX in disgust. The 64 just wasn't my thing, sure it may have had a few games, but Nintendo had pulled a Sony PS3. They'd promived these amazing sillicon graphics, but it really just looked as good as the PSX.

Since then, I've bought whatever system's had the games I like on it. Up to the Wii launch, I didn't want to hear anything about the Wii, the fanboys just made hearing anything so unbearable. It's a good system, fanboys just kill the magic of it.

I dislike the way fanboys treat their favorite gaming company as if it's a sports team and as if the generation is like some massive ball game and they have money bet on the winner. It's just retarded, you don't see housewives bragging to their friends that a Panasonic microwave coming out is going to be so much better than a different company's microwave, do you?

Which brings me back to PSU. We're all playing the same game, with the same content. 360 IS as hackable as the PC & PS2 version, it's just that MS is going to be a lot faster at addressing the issues and unsavoury users will get banned permenantly by their 360 unit. When you think about it, it's closet racism and it just makes you look like a biggoted jerk.

So guys, do the community a favor and just play the game instead of whining about which system has the better version.

FrogKicker
Dec 13, 2006, 08:16 AM
On 2006-12-13 05:09, JubeiSaotome wrote:

On 2006-12-13 05:01, FrogKicker wrote:

Hrm..

NO THAT MAKES YOU AN ACTIVIST!!

But, really. The term "Fanboy" didn't really come into play until the 32bit/64bit days, thats around the time people realised how people acted about consoles. I was a Nintendo fanboy up until I played the 64 for the first time, then I went out and bought a PSX in disgust. The 64 just wasn't my thing, sure it may have had a few games, but Nintendo had pulled a Sony PS3. They'd promived these amazing sillicon graphics, but it really just looked as good as the PSX.

Since then, I've bought whatever system's had the games I like on it. Up to the Wii launch, I didn't want to hear anything about the Wii, the fanboys just made hearing anything so unbearable. It's a good system, fanboys just kill the magic of it.

I dislike the way fanboys treat their favorite gaming company as if it's a sports team and as if the generation is like some massive ball game and they have money bet on the winner. It's just retarded, you don't see housewives bragging to their friends that a Panasonic microwave coming out is going to be so much better than a different company's microwave, do you?

Which brings me back to PSU. We're all playing the same game, with the same content. 360 IS as hackable as the PC & PS2 version, it's just that MS is going to be a lot faster at addressing the issues and unsavoury users will get banned permenantly by their 360 unit. When you think about it, it's closet racism and it just makes you look like a biggoted jerk.

So guys, do the community a favor and just play the game instead of whining about which system has the better version.

Err...my wife did brag to her friends about her new washer/dryer which turned into a 3 hour debate I didn't care to hear...>_>

Anywho, I agree. As much as I hate Sony I owned a psx/ps2 because I am a gamer at heart and that out weighed my hate for sony. As for the ps3...

rent/food/heat/ect > ohhh teh perdies!

Sekani
Dec 13, 2006, 09:01 AM
This thread taught me that all PC/PS2 players are disgruntled hypocrites. Way to make yoursleves look good.

Arislan
Dec 13, 2006, 09:10 AM
Way to generalize there Sekani, I appreciate that.

In any case, this thread did exactly what was feared would not happen, and it's probably just best put down here. Remember, people, one of our rules is that you don't start console flame-wars. Just a thought for the future.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2006-12-13 06:11 ]</font>