PDA

View Full Version : GameGaurd Update = no play?

DoubleJG
Dec 13, 2006, 04:53 AM
Ok... I've been able to play just fine until a minute ago when I tried to connect, Game Gaurd updated itself, and now whenever PSU launches a GameGaurd error pops up saying "Please email us with the attached *.erl files."

Anyone else having trouble with this? I just checked nProtect's website but it's in Japanese or Korean or something. Do I email Sega's tech support? Because this really is ridiculous.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 13, 2006, 05:15 AM
Just keep trying. That happened to me the other day. All I did was exit PSU and then try again and it worked fine.

Rizen
Dec 13, 2006, 05:36 AM
I just downloaded the GameGuard patch just fine and Im online right now.

AC9breaker
Dec 13, 2006, 06:26 AM
I'm actually having some trouble playing too. For some reason my screen never loads. Its just stays on the black screen after the gameguard update. I'm force to end task to get it off my screen becuase it never loads. I also notice that it makes CPU usage jump way way high.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 13, 2006, 06:31 AM
restart your pc after the patch http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

it will probably fix it

::pc speak... cant load!!! pron taking too many resouces!!::

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-12-13 03:32 ]</font>

AC9breaker
Dec 13, 2006, 06:54 AM
No, I've restarted it several times before, and I even try disabling my Firewall programs. It's a no go.

zeronine
Dec 13, 2006, 08:20 AM
Anyone got a solution for this? I am experiencing the same problem. The game just stays in a black screen after launching, shuts down internet traffic and causes huge cpu load. Only way to end it is by shutting the application down with task manager.

Collar
Dec 13, 2006, 08:46 AM
On 2006-12-13 03:54, AC9breaker wrote:
No, I've restarted it several times before, and I even try disabling my Firewall programs. It's a no go.

"Don't know if you have the same 'issue' as I do, but, each time I load up PSU for the first time for a play session, it can take anywhere from 30 seconds to a full minute for the game to load. Subsequent gaming sessions afterword load within 5-10 seconds.

That being said, restarting your computer in this scenario can make it appear that your game doesn't work if you're slightly impatient with the load, especially when it sits on only a black screen for almost a minute.

But, in a way, it makes some sense. For one, it's loading textures and game data up, and probably sending information over Sega's way related to play times and so on. I'm almost positive that the PC version requires an internet connection just to play even offline mode, (which I haven't tested, since I'm on a network that is always connected), so it's probably also checking for that on boot.

Anyway, just give it a good 2 or 3 minutes once you start up. Can't hurt to try, right? :3

zeronine
Dec 13, 2006, 08:58 AM
For me, i waited for about an hour and it didnt start up. It also completely disables / locks all internet traffic while it shows the black screen.

It is only happening since today. It worked just fine before and the sonic team logo would show up immediately before.

Turambar
Dec 13, 2006, 09:19 AM
If all fails, reinstall the game.

zeronine
Dec 13, 2006, 10:16 AM
Okay....i deinstalled everything. Reinstalled everything and it works again. Thank you.

AC9breaker
Dec 13, 2006, 10:51 AM
Just wanted to update, this was totally a gameguard problem.

I got back from classes just a few minutes ago. I fired up PSU to see if it would work before I reinstalled. Gameguard begins downloading another update. Now my game runnning back in perfect order. I'm pretty sure it was a fowl up on Segas side, just glad to see that they addressed the problem promptly.

Laranas
Dec 13, 2006, 04:14 PM
In the future just delete your GameGuard files and it'll redownload them.

DoubleJG
Dec 13, 2006, 04:52 PM
I did delete them, still a no go. The .erl file(s) were corrupt or something and simply wouldn't launch. Luckily, GameGaurd got its act together very quickly. As AC9Breaker stated, I woke up today seeing that GG had a new patch, fixing their glitch. PSU is now playable, hopefully with no problems, assuming that AC9 hasn't experienced any GG bugs since then. (I'm at the college right now and can't test it myself)