PDA

View Full Version : -Ultimate Arts Chart-

SapphireArc
Dec 13, 2006, 06:50 AM
Chart for the Majority of the Ultimate Arts

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/SapphireLament/UltimateArts.jpg

(Credit to Lyrise and Arislan for the information in the post linked HERE (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=129268&forum=20&start=0)
I wanted to do this chart after I read that great post)

(NOTE: For Nosmegid, Megid and Megiverse, I guessed on elemental look. Figured since megid is purple, it would be dark. Correct me if I am wrong and I will update. Thanks!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SapphireArc on 2006-12-13 14:26 ]</font>

ChyronType0
Dec 13, 2006, 09:29 AM
Effin nice. Thanks alot

Dhylec
Dec 13, 2006, 09:45 AM
Hm, teaser for things yet to come. I think this can serve as a motivator/goal as well.
There is more to complete, keep it up. ;]

Rizen
Dec 13, 2006, 11:41 AM
When I get home I "think" I can fill in the missing PAs for Saber and Sword.

Deus-Irae
Dec 13, 2006, 11:43 AM
nice info. cant wait to get my hands on some of these Ultimate Arts.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 13, 2006, 11:50 AM
I don't see Axe anywhere on there, not even with ????

THE JACKEL

Magician
Dec 13, 2006, 11:56 AM
PAs are gained by completing an S rank mission with an S rank, yes?

Is it a particular mission or any S rank mission?

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 13, 2006, 12:00 PM
PA fragments are gained from any S rank mission, you need 50 of them to get the lowest of the Ultimate PAs

THE JACKEL

Magician
Dec 13, 2006, 12:01 PM
On 2006-12-13 09:00, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
PA fragments are gained from any S rank mission, you need 50 of them to get the lowest of the Ultimate PAs

THE JACKEL

I thought so. Thank you.

Wheatpenny
Dec 13, 2006, 12:39 PM
On 2006-12-13 08:50, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I don't see Axe anywhere on there, not even with ????

THE JACKEL

Hey Yeah what about Axe...Oh well at least there is Spear.. and Double Claw

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 13, 2006, 01:11 PM
thanks dude. this is really interesting. I can't wait for this one to come out.

Arislan
Dec 13, 2006, 02:52 PM
If they aren't on the list, they weren't announced for the JP update, so we're still waiting for word.

Itsuki
Dec 13, 2006, 02:57 PM
The understanding is that is not all of them. There are others that are known. For example, its known that there are 2 new bullets for each type of gun.

Spellbinder
Dec 13, 2006, 03:25 PM
Comparing that chart to the post by Lyrise, should Giresta up there be 90?

SapphireArc
Dec 13, 2006, 05:29 PM
I just updated it. I fixed Giresta to 90 and Nosdiga to 75. I also put the Axe up as ????, since I was missing it. Hope to complete to chart in time. Thanks!

-Crokar-
Dec 13, 2006, 05:48 PM
are there videos of these so called ultimate arts?

PMB960
Dec 13, 2006, 05:55 PM
There was a video comparing every tech at level 1 and level 30 which shows the Nosu- attacks. I don't know if there is one for other PAs or have a link to the video but I know there is one for techs.

-Crokar-
Dec 13, 2006, 06:07 PM
i dont care about the techs. i sen all them im talking bout the melee pas and bullet arts

Ether
Dec 13, 2006, 07:26 PM
Quick question, are there any techs that aren't currently available, or one of the ones listed above? The list is somewhat disappointing, I really never liked the Nos spells

Arislan
Dec 13, 2006, 08:00 PM
36 total techs... Regene, the buffs... Megistar. Quite a few left that we haven't seen in the US, not 100% sure which others have been released in the JP version yet. For attack spells though, we're pretty much hitting it, minus Grants, with that update. 21 attack spells and 15 support/healing.

Alisha
Dec 13, 2006, 08:24 PM
all 3 nosu techs i believe have the wrong symbol as well as megid.
*goes offline to double check.*

*edit* nevermind the symbols you see in the shop/photgon arts list are generic but when you equip them on a weapon the symbol looks different.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-12-13 17:32 ]</font>

DBZWWE
Dec 13, 2006, 09:04 PM
I guess they are gonna put these in.I think I saw 2 of them in a PSU trailer on youtube.The fists is where it's the beginning of bogga danga then the fists fly off your hands and fly around around you.The twin daggers one are where it's like a killer hack and slash fest.Well that's all I know.xD

DBZWWE
Dec 13, 2006, 10:08 PM
On 2006-12-13 14:48, -Crokar- wrote:
are there videos of these so called ultimate arts?

Yay.I found the link again.Crappu quality.Anyways at 0:58 fists and daggers at 1:13.I'm just assuming because bogga robbados sounds like the spears second PA which equals spinning...put 2 and 2 together....anyways watch..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Ic1MUVvwsU

SapphireArc
Dec 14, 2006, 05:24 AM
Im not sure if a few of these photon arts are ultimate arts, but even if none of them are, imagine what the ultimate ones look like and do. It shows alot in the videos, including ones we can do as of now. There are a few I havent seen either. Here are the links:

Phantasy Star Universe - Level 30 Skills Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VdlFSeoCvY)

Phantasy Star Universe - Level 30 Skills Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZugOdTlfMDc&mode=related&search=)

(Please dont bash at me if im wrong about this. Just figured id try. Thanks!)

------------------------------------------

Also, concerning the logos on Megid etc.

If you can supply a picture with the correct logo, ill be happy to update the chart for you. Thanks for looking out.

mananas
Dec 14, 2006, 07:12 PM
Has anyone resigned to not getting any of these?

DarkSeph
Dec 14, 2006, 08:04 PM
So THAT's what PA Fragments are for....SWEET!!

Realmz
Dec 14, 2006, 09:48 PM
shotgun and handgun interest me greatly.

i also think that lowering the def of mobs will make me popular...oh how i dream....

nori
Dec 17, 2006, 01:59 AM
i'm confused, what does crossbow's hp=damage mean?

Itsuki
Dec 17, 2006, 09:23 AM
I and some others originally though it was berserk. But supposedly its higher HP == more damage.

Dymalos
Dec 17, 2006, 01:27 PM
Would a Newman be doing less damage with the ultimate Crossbow bullet than a Beast or Cast? Or is it just a percentage of your current health which is added?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dymalos on 2006-12-17 10:53 ]</font>

DBZWWE
Dec 17, 2006, 03:01 PM
Here are some more vids.Um Twin Daggers, Twin Swords, and Knuckles
http://67.15.2.5/~libra/m/pa_hzr.wmv

http://67.15.2.5/~libra/m/pa_sk.wmv

http://67.15.2.5/~libra/m/pa_brb.wmv

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 17, 2006, 04:45 PM
thx for the vids

Genoa
Dec 17, 2006, 10:10 PM
so i'd assume Photon Fragments is a different kind of Photon Drop in comparison to PSO.... used to create Ultimate Arts... very interesting. Now i'll know not to be selling them =X and definately buying them from n00bs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif .... what? Of course i'll tell them what they're for........ after I buy it >_>

Itsuki
Dec 17, 2006, 10:20 PM
You can't sell or trade them. They're locked to your account.

Genoa
Dec 17, 2006, 10:21 PM
aww <_>.... I guess that's fair, ... I mean you do have to aquire S rank on S rank for it >_> .... and I'd assume you just learn the PA, you don't get a disk...

Itsuki
Dec 17, 2006, 10:56 PM
Actually, you DO get a disc. I'm not sure if thats trable or not, but either way, I think this is so you can use it and choose which PA you want to forget (most people will probably be full on PAs by the time th ey're implemented)

Genoa
Dec 17, 2006, 11:00 PM
=0 oh wow... that's very interesting...... Because I always love to get a character to a formidable level and collect lots of awesome goodies... then make a new character and buff them out for character perfection http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 17, 2006, 11:09 PM
man, those PAs look like they were meant to be super flashy and such, such as that Twin Saber one where that guy does that juggling with the swords, and the Twin Dagger one where the dagger juggling IS the actual attacking, really cool.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 18, 2006, 12:04 AM
I dont know about you guys but the P frags are adding up pretty quick http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I may be maxed at 99 before they open these too us.

Also it only takes what 2 minutes to get one in story mode once your lvl 60? I remember us talking about that, so getting these is not a major chore.

Itsuki
Dec 18, 2006, 02:04 AM
That was removed, you can no longer get PA Frags from story mode on the JP version. I wouldn't be suprised if in last weeks patch or in this weeks patch, the same could be said of the US server.

EDIT: LL and Mad Creatures can be run in under 10 minutes though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-12-17 23:05 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 18, 2006, 02:46 AM
oh removed? Hmm yeah im taking about 30min per mission (onma runs and things) and they still add up pretty fast. I would not be supprised if they are not removed from our version unitll the same update the JP version has it happen. So if thats the case maybe we should take advantage of that while we can.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 18, 2006, 10:17 AM
wow, check out this Twin Claw art, looks like it has more hits than the other ones, like 3-2-3, better than te 2-2-1 or the 3-2-1 arts.
http://67.15.2.5/~libra/m/pa_rss.wmv

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-12-18 07:18 ]</font>

Arieta
Dec 18, 2006, 10:42 AM
That claw Pa though is very slow. Also notice that when he "vanishes" that he' still taking damage. So it gives you the appearance that you're safe, but you can still be hit. What's worse is that you can't even see your own character so it'll be hell to dodge or line up the attack just right until you get used to it.

Realmz
Dec 18, 2006, 11:23 AM
On 2006-12-18 07:42, Arieta wrote:
That claw Pa though is very slow. Also notice that when he "vanishes" that he' still taking damage. So it gives you the appearance that you're safe, but you can still be hit. What's worse is that you can't even see your own character so it'll be hell to dodge or line up the attack just right until you get used to it.

it's wicked hard to see a giant black circle on the ground D:

i feel real bad for all the hunters that spend the photon frags to get these not knowing what they look like, cause so far they all look just lame to me.

hopefully the single handed PAs look better

Atreus_Ryneth
Dec 18, 2006, 12:06 PM
i feel real bad for all the hunters that spend the photon frags to get these not knowing what they look like, cause so far they all look just lame to me.

On that topic... anyone able to fill in the blanks for saber, sword, knife, axe, and lance with their fragment costs?

Itsuki
Dec 18, 2006, 12:53 PM
I don't think they released any for those weapons.

oh removed? Hmm yeah im taking about 30min per mission (onma runs and things) and they still add up pretty fast. I would not be supprised if they are not removed from our version unitll the same update the JP version has it happen. So if thats the case maybe we should take advantage of that while we can.
Depending on how much you play, they can add up from 30 min missions. But you aren't always doing s-rank missions. And they only add up to an extend. When you need hundreds and hundreds. I think I've only clocked like 250 hours total, if I only got frags at 2 per hour, that'd only be 125 frags. And thats half of what I'm going to need total.

But, you can't expect it not to be updated until US is caught up with JP. Its not a content update. Anything thats not content, US gets immediately. Thats been the rule so far. This is technically not content, so US should get it immediately.

EDIT: forgot the point of my post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-12-18 10:00 ]</font>

Cross
Dec 18, 2006, 02:52 PM
The only PA Fragments you can get from Story Missions on the US servers are the 10 you get from your first S-Rank at 60+. I just tested it on my Guntecher today.

Too bad; I'd have farmed the hell out of it if it hadn't been updated. Oh well, though, I guess. Counting the 20 I got from S-Ranking both acts of Chapter 1, I'm up to 48 so far and we've still probably got like 6-7 weeks before the Ultimate Arts show up.

Fraze
Dec 18, 2006, 11:09 PM
Are all of the same type of PA frags needed fo the particular photon art or you just need to get a certain amount of them. And when you finsh an S rank mission getting S rank you get a Random PA fag or what will you hv to go all over trying to collect 99 of tthe type of ultimate PA you want?

Itsuki
Dec 18, 2006, 11:14 PM
a PA Frag is a PA Frag. There aren't types of them. Its an item in your inventory called "PA Fragment". It stacks to 99.

Nicodareus
Dec 19, 2006, 12:18 AM
Heh. I never got 10 PA fragments for getting an S rank on the story missions.. x.x I only have 2 total >.<

Behelit
Dec 19, 2006, 02:33 PM
when do whe gonna have them?

Arislan
Dec 19, 2006, 02:51 PM
Nice - You have to be 60+ to get a PA Frag from a story mission.

Alisha
Dec 19, 2006, 05:20 PM
since i know senten kanzan ga is crap from trying it offline perhaps its safe to assume all 50 cost pa's are crap?

Randomness
Dec 19, 2006, 05:33 PM
On 2006-12-19 14:20, Alisha wrote:
since i know senten kanzan ga is crap from trying it offline perhaps its safe to assume all 50 cost pa's are crap?

That would be an unfair assumption.

Itsuki
Dec 19, 2006, 05:49 PM
Nosuzonde is 50 and is good. Its really situational for skills. Some skills that you might find mediocre or rather crappy offline might shine online because of the huge amount of stagger they do or the way they do or don't move monsters around.

Though from the people I play with, they say splendor crush sucks. Nobody I know uses single claw though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-12-19 14:49 ]</font>

Lyrise
Dec 19, 2006, 07:00 PM
Yeah, Spledor Crush REALLY sucks. It had a lot of potential, and was ok for the first 2 combos, but the 3rd extend is what totally destroys any salvageability it had.

Sitka
Dec 19, 2006, 08:15 PM
If the ultimate axe pa is the one that Laia uses at level 60+, that is a really sweet pa. When she starts swirling the axe around her head everything suffers and flies away - it's a very groovy thing to watch.

Personally, I'm looking at that sure freeze pa. Question is, how long does the freeze last because that's one helluva lot of pp per shot.

The Grenade Launchers a very fun to use and if the PA is pretty decent, that will be a fun weapon to party with. It's hillarious when you get a mob backed up against a wall or edge of the area and repeatedly pummel them with grenades - "help, I've fallen and I can't get up!"

Itsuki
Dec 19, 2006, 08:47 PM
Sadly, I think its only level 1 freeze. Early reports say its still level 1 freeze after 11+.

Prototype_X
Dec 20, 2006, 08:11 AM
On 2006-12-19 16:00, Lyrise wrote:
Yeah, Spledor Crush REALLY sucks. It had a lot of potential, and was ok for the first 2 combos, but the 3rd extend is what totally destroys any salvageability it had.

ahhh no thats terrible! That was the one I was looking most foward to!

Rizen
Dec 21, 2006, 05:31 PM
Since I was asked to post it here, heres a vid of some of the ultimates.
http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/RizenForce/Video/?action=view&current=UnreleasedPAs.flv

MaximusLight
Dec 21, 2006, 06:00 PM
You know those all look really good... wow

Shadow_Wing
Dec 21, 2006, 06:26 PM
The spear one makes me laugh... the twin sabers looks pretty bad, I must admit, like wtf is it doin in the 3rd combo...

Gamemako
Dec 21, 2006, 06:30 PM
On 2006-12-19 16:00, Lyrise wrote:

Actually, the third throws the enemies UP before smashing them. Could be great crowd control.

UltimateCarl
Dec 21, 2006, 11:45 PM
Any info yet on what element any of the Bullets are? Particularly Mayalee Fury, the Mechgun one...

Thanks!

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 22, 2006, 02:26 AM
No element.

All ultimate bullets are neutral.

Gum
Dec 24, 2006, 12:30 AM
Wow, if that crossbow art works the way it sounds it works...

Itsuki
Dec 24, 2006, 03:34 AM
My understanding is the lower HP you're at the more it deals? Atleast thats what I hear. But even at max HP it supposedly deals a hefty amount.

Hrith
Dec 24, 2006, 05:54 AM
Handgun, Shot, Rifle and Laser Cannon ones are so yummy-looking *drools*

DBZWWE
Dec 27, 2006, 11:00 AM
lol the spear one makes no sense

Vhex
Jan 4, 2007, 04:04 PM
Well, based on what I've seen I'm asuming:

1/2 of the PAs will be released, and than the other half will be released later.

My speculation for the second update is:
TECHNIC DISCS
???-----------------50 PA FRAGS
???-----------------75 PA FRAGS
???-----------------90 PA FRAGS
???-----------------99 PA FRAGS

SKILL DISCS
[Saber]Splendor Strike--------------------50 PA FRAGS
[Dagger]???-renzan------------------------50 PA FRAGS
[Sword]Gravity Break----------------------75 PA FRAGS
[Spear]Dus[Zutsuba* family]---------------75 PA FRAGS
[Axe]Anga [Zutsuba* family]---------------99 PA FRAGS
[???]???----------------------------------?? PA FRAGS

No idea what that last PA will be...
*Base Attack type for Tenora specialties that entail one slow powerful hit.

As per guns I'm guessing the second set will mirror the first set of Ultimate Bullet PAs inversely i.e different Debuffs/buffs on the bullets. But I'm not entirely sure but the PA FRAG cost will be the same most likely.

Remember, this is asumption and educated guesswork, not fact though I'm fairly certin some of it will be correct, especially Edit: not the TECHNICs.

Edit: you fill in your own blanks I guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2007-01-04 13:27 ]</font>

Itsuki
Jan 4, 2007, 04:14 PM
Heres the techs that are yet to be released
Megistar
Rentis
Dizas
Regrant

You'ree just making up techs there.

Umberger
Jan 4, 2007, 04:14 PM
...Nosbarta/foie/grants, Granverse, and Restar all don't exist. Neither does Grants...but there's Regrants.

Unless you're getting info like that from the perfect bible, it's more than likely wrong. But if those are real spells, then cool...but I don't see much use in them. I'm pretty sure there's just meant to be 6 spells for each element, not every sort of spell (nosu-,damu-,-verse) for each element.

Vhex
Jan 4, 2007, 04:22 PM
On 2007-01-04 13:14, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Heres the techs that are yet to be released
Megistar
Rentis
Dizas
Regrant

You're* just making up techs there.

Thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Besides, this is guessing as I stated, I don't play on the Japanese server anymore so I haven't
seen their techs. Anyway I'm guessing about what is yet to be released, and as far as we know we haven't the slightest as to what the english names will be. Regardless I'll fix my post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2007-01-04 13:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2007-01-04 13:28 ]</font>

Ch1efer
Feb 6, 2007, 05:54 PM
are their ANY vids on the bullet ultimatePAs?

And is the laser a maylee hit or a short range shot?

Nani-chan
Feb 6, 2007, 06:01 PM
There are 3-4 videos on Killer Shot in the Ranger forum.

pionear
Feb 6, 2007, 07:07 PM
Can you get PA Fragments online? And how do you get them?

Jinto117
Feb 6, 2007, 07:59 PM
*sigh* I gotta say I'm disappointed with the look of the long sword ultimate PA. It looks so basic.

Zorafim
Feb 6, 2007, 08:02 PM
Funny, I think it looks perfect. Seeing how useless the first one is, and how silly the second is, the third looks like something feasible. It could be because I like simple things much more than complex things, though.

Ryno
Feb 7, 2007, 08:41 PM
Noszonde

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/x_RYNO_x/Nosuzonde1.jpg

Nosdiga

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/x_RYNO_x/Nosudeega1.jpg

Nosmegid

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/x_RYNO_x/Nosumegid1.jpg

Megiverse

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/x_RYNO_x/Megiverse1.jpg

Giresta

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/x_RYNO_x/Giresta1.jpg

Megid

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/x_RYNO_x/megid.jpg

GreenArcher
Feb 7, 2007, 10:36 PM
Does anyone have any good descriptions of the Ultimate Bullets in terms of usefullness? I can't seem to decide on what to get...

Sharkyland
Feb 7, 2007, 10:57 PM
Where do we get the other spells?

60Hz
Feb 8, 2007, 02:38 AM
The spear ultimate PA is mine! (Shades of Temjin!)

shewby
Feb 8, 2007, 10:02 AM
Here's a dumb question that has probably already been answered... Can Giresta heal living party members at all? Or only revive incapacitations?

A2K
Feb 8, 2007, 10:35 AM
Giresta also heals to what I assume is a higher degree than Resta, and adds a temporary regeneration effect as well. If they take some damage some of it will be recovered for a few seconds following application--not much, I assume, though. The amount/degree/duration is comparable to a HP recovery extra slot unit, I'd imagine. (It's an invisible status called "Auto recovery" that has an SE level as well.)

It also, if I'm not mistaken, costs four times as much to cast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-02-08 07:35 ]</font>

shewby
Feb 8, 2007, 04:37 PM
That's interesting... This may be a solution for Cast Guntechers who are looking to use stronger heals. I guess it depends how much better the heal is.

thanks

Jinto117
Feb 8, 2007, 04:54 PM
On 2007-02-06 17:02, Zorafim wrote:
Funny, I think it looks perfect. Seeing how useless the first one is, and how silly the second is, the third looks like something feasible. It could be because I like simple things much more than complex things, though.

I feel ya, but the ultimate PA for the sword looks so bland. It's got no pazzaz, no glitter, no nothing. I only hope it does massive damage. . . . . . lol, massive damgage.

Zorafim
Feb 8, 2007, 05:33 PM
It's funny how much I disagree with you there. I can't think of a more perfect looking sword PA. In fact, I'm glad it has so much less glitter than the other final PAs, since many of them are just silly.

Ryno
Feb 8, 2007, 08:50 PM
I wish

"Giresta" was called "Reverser".... and

"Reverser" was called "Anti"

-Crokar-
Feb 9, 2007, 01:40 AM
dont we all ryno dont we all

MaximusLight
Feb 9, 2007, 01:52 AM
So can any of the Japanese player tell us if more of these cam out?

Itsuki
Feb 9, 2007, 02:02 AM
On 2007-02-08 22:52, MaximusLight wrote:
So can any of the Japanese player tell us if more of these cam out?

None yet

huntlyon
Feb 9, 2007, 02:09 AM
what is the damage output like with the new bullets.. I'm a WT with 2 ageha kikamis doing decent damage... and am overwhelmed with picking just one melee ultimate art that will cap at level 20.

Zarbolord
Feb 9, 2007, 02:11 AM
Take a dagger PA, since WT are gonna be able to to use Daggers mostly (speaking of S rank).

-Ryuki-
Feb 9, 2007, 03:43 AM
Is Killer Shot good/worth it?

I need to know, so that I can start farming.

AC9breaker
Feb 9, 2007, 04:50 AM
On 2007-02-09 00:43, RyukiZero wrote:
Is Killer Shot good/worth it?

I need to know, so that I can start farming.

I think you should be the one to make the call on that. http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=120501&forum=22&start=660&675#663

Its been stated though that the effects aren't as great as they are in the videos on fleshy creatures.

-Ryuki-
Feb 9, 2007, 05:36 AM
What about the single handgun PA?

Zorafim
Feb 12, 2007, 07:25 PM
I don't think the actual usefulness of most of these have been discussed yet. If so, could somebody direct me to the action?

Anyway, are all of these PAs better than the PAs we currently have? Does the dual claw PA make claws worth using for once? Is the single claw worthwhile despite the three hits, or is it just eye candy? Why do people say that splendor crush is made of suck? Is the twin dagger PA worth the silly animation? How is the double saber PA?

AC9breaker
Feb 12, 2007, 07:51 PM
I think its more situational. Like Killer shot for example. Any stage that has robots, thats the Bullet to go with. I would also assume this to be true with Weapon skill. Lets take Dus Rabado and Dus Daggas for example. Your definetly going to prefer Dus Daggas on a single enemy then Dus Rabado. It has a higher Damage modifier, more strikes, and lower PP cost as I recall. Where as Dus Rabado is more efficient in taking out large groups of enemies.

Most likely its the same thing with the new Weapon Skills as well.

Zorafim
Feb 13, 2007, 12:00 AM
So, that means the twin claw PA is going to suck as much as the ones that are out?

Jesus_christ
Feb 13, 2007, 07:08 PM
heres a question...will these PAs be stackable?as in, get the elements to the weps as well as the ultimates?

Zorafim
Feb 13, 2007, 07:55 PM
Elements? You're going to have to clarify your post a bit more.

Also, post 100: get

MaximusLight
Feb 13, 2007, 08:03 PM
On 2007-02-13 16:08, Jesus_christ wrote:
heres a question...will these PAs be stackable?as in, get the elements to the weps as well as the ultimates?

okay this is how the damage modifier works:

((base ATP + weapon ATP)*(PA damage))*(1 + or -(element %))

+ for monsters with the opposite element
- for monsters with the same element

Nobo
Feb 26, 2007, 05:22 PM
Does anybody know how much PP the twin claw pa is going to take up because with the 3 combo i might not get it if its over 30 pp

SolomonGrundy
Feb 26, 2007, 06:57 PM
On 2007-02-13 17:03, MaximusLight wrote:

On 2007-02-13 16:08, Jesus_christ wrote:

okay this is how the damage modifier works:

((base ATP + weapon ATP)*(PA damage))*(1 + or -(element %))

+ for monsters with the opposite element
- for monsters with the same element

no no no - he is asking where your bullets can contain ice element AND be still use utimate arts bullets. the answer is no. Assigning an ultimate art to your gun changes over the bullet to that type.

MrFortegunner
Feb 26, 2007, 07:21 PM
KILLER SHOT'S GONNA BE THE GREATEST PHOTIN ART IN THE WORLD!!!! MWAH HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA!!!! I think that the only party that can do a bruce S is gonna be a party of fortegunners all with lvl 30 killer shot.

Akaimizu
Feb 28, 2007, 11:17 AM
Hmm. One would think the decision would be tougher to think of, but that Crossbow Bullet almost seems broken. Almost. If it does what it reads, that can be really nasty. Would that still split into 3 bullets? And if so, would they really open the possibility of a Guntecher point-blanking a monster for over 3K in damage?

For some reason, I think the description for the Crossbow Ultimate might be wrong or misleading. That amount of damage would inbalance the class right away by having this single powerful weapon outclass the effect of Status Effect 4 percentage-based damage, even with high level monsters. At such cheap cost too. 75 PAs are relatively easy to come by, when of level.

The issues of Killer Shot would be mainly if it is too good. Killer Shot would indeed become "Kill stealer". Great for Bruce, possibly bad for the community. Lest we bring Rangers into a targetted range of hatred. Right now, we've sat idly by why Forces and Hunters bicker....but this.... hmmm. we'd become a new target.

Not really a complaint, but more of a concern just from the descriptions. Needless to say, we wont know until they come out and we've tested them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-28 08:20 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Feb 28, 2007, 01:33 PM
For some reason, I think the description for the Crossbow Ultimate might be wrong or misleading. That amount of damage would inbalance the class right away by having this single powerful weapon outclass the effect of Status Effect 4 percentage-based damage, even with high level monsters. At such cheap cost too. 75 PAs are relatively easy to come by, when of level.

uh, the lower your HP, the higher damage this ultimate art does. which would favor cast, or even beast fortegunners (since they have the highest HP), but I wouldn't think it's over powered...do you want to run around with yellow HP in S rank missions?

(heh, though the combo of megastride and this ultimate art amuses me)

RadiantLegend
Feb 28, 2007, 02:53 PM
Good luck killing anything besides robots with killer shot.

SolomonGrundy
Feb 28, 2007, 03:44 PM
On 2007-02-28 11:53, Ragolismine wrote:

Ahh, but you see, for gunners, especially fortegunners, killing robots is a godsend. (1/2 damage from bullets, 1/2 damage from melee). Well, at least Fortegunners have virus traps.

XDeviousX
Feb 28, 2007, 05:10 PM
On 2007-02-12 16:25, Zorafim wrote:
I don't think the actual usefulness of most of these have been discussed yet. If so, could somebody direct me to the action?

Anyway, are all of these PAs better than the PAs we currently have? Does the dual claw PA make claws worth using for once? Is the single claw worthwhile despite the three hits, or is it just eye candy? Why do people say that splendor crush is made of suck? Is the twin dagger PA worth the silly animation? How is the double saber PA?

Double Saber's PA Tornado Dance owns bosses/mini bosses offline and I would imagine online too, but it's too speradic on hordes to be majorly useful, som melee PAs are meant to be heavy boss damage dealers, some for hordes, and some in between, look at the vids closely and choose carefully. Tornado Dance will crush bosses and Daggers will eliminate hordes etc

Zorafim
Feb 28, 2007, 05:49 PM
Tornado dance seems good for separating groups and for soloing as well. Though I hate the way it looks (seriously, WTF?), it does seem to have its uses.

XDeviousX
Feb 28, 2007, 05:54 PM
On 2007-02-28 14:49, Zorafim wrote:
Tornado dance seems good for separating groups and for soloing as well. Though I hate the way it looks (seriously, WTF?), it does seem to have its uses.

It knocks them down but you spin all over the place trying to hit each one or the same single enemie in a horde. By time you're done spinning the enemies are getting up and scattered so another tornado dance attack will be waisted... (esp at 30 pp a pop online!!! who knows how much online..)

Saigan
Mar 1, 2007, 05:05 PM
Tornado Dance was easily abused offline for the massive amounts of damage it can do to a single target. I expect Figunners to become notoriously swift in finishing off bosses.

Umberger
Mar 1, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-02-28 11:53, Ragolismine wrote:

Grove of Fanatics and Parum Train S are full of robots and they all give pretty dang nice experience.

I don't see anywhere that says they can't unequip/link Killer Shot against non-robots.

Also, to those saying Tornado Dance is going to be broken...offline mode has ridiculously high damage modifiers on everything, so it may be a lot weaker...any JP players care to share what it's like?

Datearian
Mar 2, 2007, 10:23 PM
Two questions, do UPAs have combo's and what's the best/quickest way to get PA Frags?

NisukeReach
Mar 3, 2007, 02:44 AM
tornado has an average damage modifier (check japanese wiki for reference/citation/whatever ._.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
it is indeed a means of soloing safely, but is also a party taboo, unless there are other fighgunners with that same PA. I wouldn't go as far as saying that people will give you the boot for using such a PA continually, but when "getting your hit in" is concerned, you won't do much of that if you're playing a melee character, and a party mate is spamming that PA. From experience (as an exclusive melee fortefighter), i've resorted to booting a few snotty japanese 'kids' for spamming the PA with the intention of pissing everyone out of their seats.