PDA

View Full Version : Axes: Yay or Nay?

BurningRage
Dec 13, 2006, 10:49 AM
So I just bought an axe last night with the photon art. I'm enjoying it quite a bit right now. I love having knockback on the first blow of the PA, as well as the damage it does. What does everyone else think of the axe?

princejake2
Dec 13, 2006, 10:55 AM
I've got to say nay. I went Fortefighter specifically for the Axe and the slowness of it killed me on it. Went Fighgunner and love it so much more even without a doublesaber. (Couldn't afford it because of Axe T_T)

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 13, 2006, 10:57 AM
NAY, I'm a fighgunner because I prefer the faster weapons. Axe is way too slow for my taste. Double saber is the ultimate group killer. A force character and a fighgunner in the middle of a large group of enemies is the ultimate combo. Force using Gi and Resta, and fighgunner swinging around the doublesaber = death for any group of enemies

THE JACKEL

princejake2
Dec 13, 2006, 11:03 AM
Well like I said before, even without doublesaber, I love Fighgunner. I have a Bone Dance snything while I'm at school (6 hrs and a 39% chance... sheesh). Wish me luck =D

Wheatpenny
Dec 13, 2006, 11:06 AM
You think axe is cool now wait untill you get the leaping attack in the photon art at 11

Deja
Dec 13, 2006, 11:29 AM
Yes, the Axe is slow and lumbering, but if you have patience and can level it up to 11 or even 21, then it will show it's true form.

With the right elemental %'s and ATA, you could hit 500 eight times. That's 4000 in less than like 5 seconds. Of course, the only way to do this is on a huge, two cursor enemy like those lumbering spiky dudes on moatoob.

Also the Axe is a situational weapon. You don't use it all the time, you don't synth 6 and have a full pallete of it, you only synth 1 or 2, and use it against enemies with 2 cursors for 2 hits, or tough, huge enemies that would benefit you team if they were on their ass constantly.

Kittycat
Dec 13, 2006, 11:35 AM
Another toy to skill up. I likes it. Jumping with it makes me feel like balgus from escaflowne.

Thrash777
Dec 13, 2006, 12:18 PM
me lik teh axorz!!1! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Wheatpenny
Dec 13, 2006, 12:28 PM
I like to shout on the level 11 PA DEATH FROM ABOVE!

-Dainslef-
Dec 13, 2006, 01:20 PM
It's good, though situational. Actually, it makes fanastic crowd control on a small number of large enemies, such as a Tengoh. You may not have noticed (I didnt for a while), but the 3rd normal melee hit will knockdown enemies. I don't think any other weapons do that with a normal attack. Yes, small, fast weapons do more damage against low-dfp enemies. But when dealing with enemies with severe dfp (Svaltus, Gavalpas, Tengoh, etc), the extreme atp of the axe can really cause more damage.

The PA is only good for knocking things down at lv 1. Also, it has an extreme (45% or so?) ata reduction, so if you're a beast like me, it's hard to hit things from the front with the PA.

So try it out. It's a weapon worth working on. And contrary to many threads here, it's not useless for beasts.

Ryogen
Dec 13, 2006, 01:29 PM
If I didn't use it yet, I won't say nay or yay.

Pooru
Dec 13, 2006, 01:45 PM
hmm i like my sword D: hanzo ftw XD despite the fact its lower ATP and knockback still..im holding out for spinning break and gravity break....which has yet to be revealed the more combos at level 11 + but i am tempted to see the AXE

Aegias
Dec 13, 2006, 01:50 PM
Axe is amazing, folks need to learn to use it from behind. the 3rd hit knock down is so functional, especially on those Tenghos (sp) in nuediaz. My pa is still low, but i wont use a weapon unless its normal melee is good enough to ride me through most situations. Im sad fortefighter ata is so low off the bat, im sure folks would love it more if it wasnt a 0 machine on higher level mobs. I have no prob. with it.

Cracka_J
Dec 13, 2006, 01:52 PM
On 2006-12-13 07:55, princejake2 wrote:
I've got to say nay. I went Fortefighter specifically for the Axe and the slowness of it killed me on it. Went Fighgunner and love it so much more even without a doublesaber. (Couldn't afford it because of Axe T_T)

Exactly what I did. I was up in the air between fortefighter and fighgunner to begin with, so I have no regrets spending the cash. Also managed to sell my axe back at my shop for only a 5k loss =). I've always used speed weapons, and I guess (for me) I just made a wrong choice off the bat. However I have seen high level axe users, so if you can rough it out leveling that pa, I suppose it is worth it. Just not my cup o tea.

DummieAcount
Dec 13, 2006, 02:14 PM
Axes are the shit.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 13, 2006, 02:51 PM
thing is fortefighter isnt about just one weapon the axe :/ your decision to stay with a class shouldnt be based upon that alone.

ThisIsMyPanic
Dec 13, 2006, 03:06 PM
YAY for sure. Its definetely worth it in my opinion. I love the damage and even with the zeros, I still hit most of the time, I have yet to buy an ATA boost. Many complain that its too slow for their taste, but after going through extreme slowdown from having my graphics too High all while I played(recently lowered them) anything is good compared to 10 second sword combos. The Axe's speed is really not horrible.

from 1-10 with the PA, its a little boring, but after getting it to 11 the axe becomes amazing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThisIsMyPanic on 2006-12-13 12:11 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Dec 13, 2006, 03:07 PM
I'm liking the axe. Nice slow attacks, but when they land, wow. They're really decent for quick crowd control, as well as mini-bosses getting knocked/stunned to allow extra hits while they're down. It's not supposed to be a staple weapon, you go in with a full complement and use weapons that suit your opponent.

VanHalen
Dec 13, 2006, 04:13 PM
On 2006-12-13 11:14, DummieAcount wrote:
Axes are the shit.

havent used them yet but i think i'll say the same thing you say when i do since i love the sword though it is slow. i like all kinda speed weapons you can make different plans with them

radical_ryan
Dec 13, 2006, 06:17 PM
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 1+1=9

-Dainslef-
Dec 13, 2006, 06:19 PM
Heh, I think I'm with a few people here in the "If you haven't done it, don't talk about it". At least have done a bunch of research or something... That's like me (average, normal 25 yr old with psych degree) trying to explain to an astrophysics graduate class how the space shuttle works and why it's so impressive. =p

tailz
Dec 13, 2006, 06:56 PM
On 2006-12-13 10:52, Cracka_J wrote:

On 2006-12-13 07:55, princejake2 wrote:

Exactly what I did. I was up in the air between fortefighter and fighgunner to begin with, so I have no regrets spending the cash. Also managed to sell my axe back at my shop for only a 5k loss =). I've always used speed weapons, and I guess (for me) I just made a wrong choice off the bat. However I have seen high level axe users, so if you can rough it out leveling that pa, I suppose it is worth it. Just not my cup o tea.

i agree all the way... im also a fighgunner because of the speed and guns, and all ive heard about the axe is that it is way too slow... but hey, it looks awesum, and i havent seen it at 11 yet... by the way, crea sabers SUCK... so maybe i woulda been better off lol im a male human lv40, using a 12% dark crea saber against a lv20 light dude, and even with a lv29 rising strike, i was doing 88--TOPS

Genobee
Dec 13, 2006, 07:03 PM
The peopel who say axes suck oviously are too retarded to figure out how to use them or never used them at all, yes they are slow and yes they are in accurate,

But it's finer points are, it's the hardest hititing weapon int he game and it's the only weapon in the game that can keep a monster from attacking you using normal strikes, Not leting a monster throw megid at you is probly good enough for it to be the best weapon in the game.

Lyrise
Dec 13, 2006, 08:26 PM
Wait for the next axe PA. That'll change a LOT of peoples' mind about it.

DaizaThe7th
Dec 13, 2006, 08:28 PM
Axes rock face... once you get it to 21 =P

AnamanaAU
Dec 13, 2006, 08:30 PM
Pros:
* Awesome PA at higher level
* 2x the ATP of most weapons

Cons:
* Very Slow + 1 target = Horribly low DPS

Mystil
Dec 13, 2006, 08:54 PM
On 2006-12-13 11:51, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
thing is fortefighter isnt about just one weapon the axe :/ your decision to stay with a class shouldnt be based upon that alone.

ABDUR101
Dec 13, 2006, 08:58 PM
Axes serve their purpose. I've got double-daggers at nearly max PA rank, along with Swords and sabers, it's not about sticking with one, it's about having multiples to handle different situations. Honestly, if I wanted max DPS potential, I'd just keep six double-daggers in my inventory and spam the PA's.

Different strokes for different folks, really.

Diasuke-san
Dec 13, 2006, 09:47 PM
i like them alot but i still prefer my twin daggers but i do really like the axe too.