PDA

View Full Version : Common sense (A Wii related rant)

Kizaragu
Dec 13, 2006, 04:09 PM
We've been pre-ordering Wiis for the last couple months at work and I am getting seriousely fed up with people asking me about stock.
Most conversations go exactly like this:
"Do you have any Wiis in?"
"Did you pre-order?"
"No, not at all."
"Then I'm afraid your going to have to wait till at least after Christmas"

I made my own personal tally chart today, to see just how many times I had that same conversation.
At the end of my 8 hour shift it was 30.
15 of those bastards were before 9.30... I start at Nine O'clock sharp.
This happens pretty much EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Seriousely people, this console was launched 2 weeks before christmas. You'd of thought it might have struck some sort of nerve when little mikey asked santa if he could have one. MAYBE it'll be a little hard to get hold of? Ecspecially around this time of year.
What did you think I'd say? Hell, don't worry about about the 50+ people who had the sense to pre-order, I'm sure they won't mind if you piss all over their christmas by taking some of our limited stock.

People and their ignorance piss me off.

The phone won't stop ringing and what's worse is, it'll keep on ringing continuousely without pause.
Hey I know, I'll ring a Game retail store around Christmas time and keep the phone going for maybe 10-15 minutes. They must not understand how desperate I am to get hold of them!
Maybe we're busy Asshat and dealing with a fuck-off major que? Maybe, try calling again later? I think Ive actually picked the phone up and slammed it down on one occasion because of that reason alone. Just so I could concentrate. I have a line of 25 odd people all patiently waitng in an already full store and the last thing on my mind is answering the phone. Ecspecially if you won't let it ring off for more than 10 seconds. I'm sure they won't mind waiting further, just so I can answer your frivolouse questions about wii stock.

"Every box but one has sold out on it. Does that mean you have some in?" - Actual Quote

Don't get me started on DS's or nintendogs... that's just as bad.
"Hi, your the only place in 30 miles to actually have managed to get any DS's in. You've also got the best deal in town on top of this. If I were to buy two, what more could you knock off? I'm not happy enough to be saving 30-40 quid already off a very limited item."
Go away. I know damn well the guy behind you will happilly pay the price we're offering for each console as it's already too damn good to miss. People always want something for nothing. WE ARE NOT A CAR BOOT SALE PAL.

Working in retail sucks. Even gaming retail, despite the obvious perks.
Ironically it was never this bad with the 360 last year and stock on that was far worse. :)

On a far happier note, I can't afford to pur-chase my Wii yet, though I was bright enough to pre-order I might add. Had a quick go on one when I had to test a potentially faulty system and now want it more than ever. Should be fun. :)

Deathscythealpha
Dec 13, 2006, 04:20 PM
All the above +10.

Have been having exactly the same problems as Kiz,, but the stupidity levels are through the roof. Sick of being asked for Wii's by customers we warned to Preorder (Who said no there would be loads available) we wrote a lovely message ona display box explaining that we only had enough Wiis for those who preordered and none will be sold off the shop floor.Im counting at least 3 people who have come up to the counter, read the box then asked for Wii's. Another one said "Im guessing that means youve got no Wii's then?". Very, very frustrating.

DS' are just as bad. We labeled all are display boxes 'Out of Stock' due to the shortages, but left are big display boards with the prices on alone seeing as a)They are oversized boxes and b) if we removed them, we would have huge gaps on the floor. Several people have looked at all the out of stock boxes surrounding these oversized boxes, ignroed them, borught us the giant one then got a funny on when told theres none in stock.

"It doesnt say out there!"

"It does, on 8 seperated boxes sir"

"Not on this one!"

The guy then proceeded to chuck the box at us and storm off.

Yeah, so retail + xmas = hell. Least I can look forward to Xmas Sale Chaos.

Zelutos
Dec 13, 2006, 06:05 PM
I feel your pain. Someone informed like..the intire city that we were going to have a ton of Wii's in before christmas[which is false, seeing as no one knows when they will be arriving, and on top of that, how many there will be is a mystery too.]

Each morning i open, i get at least 5 calls before the store opens, and at least another 10 within the first few minutes of opening [they enjoy lining up outside the door and bum rushing us before anyone else even gets into the store].

Throughout the day, we have another million people come in and ask, and about another trillion phone in and ask.

They suck, and they probably won't get one. They've missed last weeks shipment and now they probably won't get one until after christmas.

medusae
Dec 13, 2006, 07:41 PM
lmao, I sympathized with this rant so much. I work at Gamestop in the States, and we don't know when any of our shipments of Wiis come in beforehand, so we have the same 60 people calling EVERY DAY each before 12 and after 1 to see if we have any in.

however, my favorite part of all this isn't the multitude of calls, it's the people that call in and ask without knowing what the hell they're looking for.
"DO YOU HAVE THE NINTENDO W-I-I?" (and/or "Nintendo why")
>_>