PDA

View Full Version : A Fortecher's Guide to Soloing S RANK

PLURSprout
Dec 14, 2006, 11:08 PM
First things first, leave you scape dolls at home kids, because you're going to be dying, a LOT! So why bother soloing you say? For the swag children... for the swag. Now I'm only 41 at the time of posting, so that lets you know how efficiently I can handle S rank alone.

Second, get a wand, get two wands, but definitely invest in a wand if you have not already. I love my rods, but when it comes down to it your goal in S Rank is not to survive, but to kill things as fast as possible.

Third, get as many NPCs to join you as possible. Remember you don't care about Rank, you're in it for the money (and believe me there will be money), so the fact that you're basically getting someone to take an occasional megid for you (mind you they penetrate) won't be a big deal.

Fourth, as a force based character, use single hit techs, or you could/WILL get owned when everyone conglomerate onto you when you unfortunately decide that a Gi level tech would better suit your needs.

Fifth, remember, have fun. You're going to be dying quite a bit, but even with 0 Luck, you'll find yourself making incredible amounts of money and the kills don't take that much longer than A rank (at least on LL, as I'm only 41). So if you want a change, venture into S rank. Just leave the scape dolls at home.

princejake2
Dec 14, 2006, 11:17 PM
Couldn't this, with a little tweaking, be applicable for any class?

Realmz
Dec 14, 2006, 11:18 PM
i've been thinking about heading into LL S. I've even been practicing my megid dodge in agata.

i'm a fortegunner but it shouldn't be that different, i'll probably just die more often from a megid to the face then a force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PLURSprout
Dec 14, 2006, 11:19 PM
On 2006-12-14 20:17, princejake2 wrote:
Couldn't this, with a little tweaking, be applicable for any class?

Of course it could, I'm just a fortecher, ergo the Subject line. I just wanted to post something light about S Rank since everyone's going crazy over how it's A Rank on crack. (Plus who can't be impressed by the Pannons turning into Gizmo Ninjas on amphetamines)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PLURSprout on 2006-12-14 20:20 ]</font>

BlueFire2k5
Dec 15, 2006, 02:18 AM
Also, for the Fortetechers, get a high (25%+) dark armor (and combine it with mega/rainbow if needed). We have so much MST that if you get a high enough dark armor, you'll be taking zero from megid, and therefore can't be killed by it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

shewby
Dec 15, 2006, 02:23 AM
i just did this as a guntecher. worked well. 4 kerse, 1 vest, 1 flourobulb, 1 slaterian, 1 chicotite. tons of money. no weapons drops though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PLURSprout
Dec 15, 2006, 06:24 AM
Yeah, it's really profitable, if hard on the mission points. The only thing I would possibly suggest is getting a class that will allow you to use resta unless you don't mind waiting the minute for your NPC to revive itself. (That's if you can avoid being bum rushed anyway). Also consider baiting the mobs almost to the where they'll teleport back to their spawn point, that way you can try and tackle them in smaller groups if need be. Overall, it takes longer per mission, but S Rank a fun alternative to redoing C and A rank missions on end forever and ever. I'm so serious about the scape dolls though unless you're at least 50 plus, because you'll end up breaking even since you'll always have to restock on scape dolls (as opposed to the 4000+ per run you'll get otherwise, and this isn't including items).

imfanboy
Dec 15, 2006, 06:35 AM
OK. One thing I have to add from watching my friend:

Get yourself at least 30% dark resist, and if you're over 50 and have 2 class levels in fortetecher, Megid can't touch you. 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

>_> Makes me wish I were a fortetecher... for about 10 seconds! XD

But yeah, right now she's soloing it without NPCs because she's not afraid of being mobbed - she just plays smart and does it slow, like you say.

Chaobo99
Dec 17, 2006, 12:33 PM
I solo alot as a fortetecher and I dont die..I may die once every 3 diff. runs but I always have a back-up supply of scapes..I do runs with my GH-430 who has a BT stat of 40 and Laia..I can tsill solo without them but it just takes too long...
Im lv.49 with fortetecher 2

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 17, 2006, 03:35 PM
i just tried it as a 57/4 fortetecher with my 20% dark armor and a rainbow megid didnt hurt and I took very little dmg from mobs. still took half a wand to clear just the first room tho :/

it was only a test, i didnt bring my npcs or finish the mission. I might try it later tho and see if its worth the time.

best thing prob is find a group of fortetechers who have all reached the limit that megid cant hurt, and GI-spell spam the place to death. With the rate of how fast you kill the place could easily exceed the money/xp per hour of any other mission.

Reimiko
Dec 18, 2006, 08:27 PM
how much MST are we talking about here? 500? 300?

Sexy_Raine
Dec 19, 2006, 11:36 AM
Go to Valley of Carnage S, and you can pretty much level your techs like crazy. I highly recommend it as a FT. It doesn't take that long honestly, as long as you got the right equipment.

Jasam
Dec 19, 2006, 06:46 PM
So what MST do you need in combination with 30% dark armour to make Megid do 0?

Randomness
Dec 19, 2006, 06:50 PM
On 2006-12-19 15:46, Jasam wrote:
So what MST do you need in combination with 30% dark armour to make Megid do 0?

Dunno, but my current MST (With armor) is 476 wearing a Gi-Senba, at Newman male level 52, Fortecher level 2.

As for Valley of Carnage S... if tech leveling is based on damage, wouldn't going there be counter-intuitive?

DarkSeph
Dec 19, 2006, 09:58 PM
It is a Mind Numbing Process but I Totally Agree! I have been soloing and it makes for quite the Reward even dying 50 times just to complete say, LL S.....and yes, Valley of Carnage S is also quite good and in fact, you will rarely die although become mind numbingly board at times hitting a single monster 100+ times....arg!...well you get the idea....

It's well worth it for the booty! And you probably are asking, "why not have a party with you then?".....

...to which my response is...."do I really have to tell you why?"

LunarChaos
Dec 20, 2006, 05:48 AM
I'll tag this for later. *copy and pastes into Word*