PDA

View Full Version : Help with projection TV

Gohanks
Nov 25, 2002, 10:28 AM
I don't know where else to ask. All the sites I looked at for repair info for very confusing... will this thing fix itself? Here's what happened:

I don't play for long sessions on this thing because I'm afraid of what might happen, even though the guy at the shop said the TV would be fine unless I left it on for hours or something (Which I never do!) But now, I've got the freakin' PSO statusbar outlined in the upper left corner of the screen! I can make out everything about the character I was using at the time it happened - even his HP/TP! God dang it, what do I do? I can't even imagine how much the repairs will cost (once the warranty is gone, because this will surely happen again)!

Kent
Nov 25, 2002, 07:56 PM
That's been burnt into your picture tube.

I would recommend you not play games on a projection TV for this reason. Try getting either a normal/plasma TV or a capture card for your PC to play games on.

There's a reason people say not to play games on projection TVs, and you found out why the hard way.

rbf2000
Nov 26, 2002, 04:28 AM
On 2002-11-25 16:56, Kent wrote:
That's been burnt into your picture tube.

I would recommend you not play games on a projection TV for this reason. Try getting either a normal/plasma TV or a capture card for your PC to play games on.
From my understanding, plasma tvs have even worse burn in than projection tvs.

Riel
Nov 27, 2002, 05:54 AM
Sucks doesn't it...mine is the same although it doesn't show if there is something else there,only when it's white.First of all make sure the contrast isn't set at maximum or to high on your TV.Also to clean it up a bit,leave the TV on overnight or something,on a channel that has snow for about 8 hours.By the way you should see the same thing appearing on the lower right soon as well.The only other solution is to get the 3 tubes changed but that will cost about 400 bucks......conclusion,projection TV burn-ins are real if you play games like PSO that have a status bar that stays on all the time.

Gohanks
Dec 3, 2002, 09:52 AM
Contrast makes that big of a difference? I guess I should use the auto-contrast option, then! Thanks.