PDA

View Full Version : Were you always invincible while casting Resta?

Bystander
Nov 25, 2002, 10:44 AM
For some reason, I don't remember being invincible while casting resta in the very first DC version. Was this always the case?

It sure makes the game a lot easier.

TeamPhalanx
Nov 25, 2002, 11:33 AM
You're correct - You couldn't do that in the original version. Things change in ultimate mode, though.

Alena Zouryx
Nov 25, 2002, 11:51 AM
Actually, as a FOmarl who used to play on DC, if I remember correctly, within a second or so of casting Resta, the caster is "invisible". This is really neat if you know exactly how to use it in melee. As soon as a baddie swipes at you, cast resta. Works just about everytime. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I hope I was of some help...

DayGlo
Nov 25, 2002, 12:27 PM
Now the difficult thing is timming it right while fight DF.. That damn Grants is brutal sometimes.. grrrr

DirewolfX
Nov 25, 2002, 12:39 PM
Bah, just put a few Resist/Holy on and it's barely even a flesh wound.

Al-Rappy
Nov 25, 2002, 03:56 PM
I can avoid Grants sometimes with Resta. It's harder than you think!

MajinSSJVegetto
Nov 25, 2002, 04:01 PM
I use this all the time, but I didn't know you could use it on grants. I sure have tried!
I guess I will try more this weekend. Not that I need to do it to life, but for fun :0

rena-ko
Nov 26, 2002, 06:03 AM
its (yet) the only way for hannya to stand against an sorcerer in ultimate ruins (DCv2).

Zae
Nov 27, 2002, 03:17 PM
Ive heard people talking about this but i could never ever do it no matter how many times try to do it

Ian D
Nov 27, 2002, 03:39 PM
It's not that tough, when you fight Falz I think it is... I'm not sure, haven't tried it with him, but in normal combat its a breeze.

Defend
Nov 30, 2002, 08:12 PM
PSO v1 doesn't make you invincible after getting hit.
PSO v2 does.
PSO Ep2 also does, except in Online Ult Mode.

So in PSO v2 and most of PSO Ep2, you usually cast resta while invincible. Not sure if that's what you're talking about though.