PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just HATE IT when they get your order wrong?

DonRoyale
Dec 17, 2006, 08:44 PM
OK, I went to Toronto today to see my family (which is why I was offline for a while), and on my way back, I got Wendy's for dinner.

Now, I'm a very picky person. I don't like anything to do with tomatoes, so I don't like tomatoes or ketchup. I don't like the combination of soft and crunchy, so no lettuce, onions, or pickles for me. I don't like a sloppy mess, so no mustard or mayo. That leaves me with...nothing. I don't like ANYTHING on hot dogs or hamburgers.

Anyways, I specifically told the person, and I quote,

"A Classic Double combo with no cheese, and nothing on it."

Guess what? The person thinks it's funny to give me my meal with no cheese, but EVERYTHING on it. >:C

Don't you hate it when this happens? It's happened to me so many times-it's a waste of money, time, material, and it doesn't serve any purpose.

I'm picky with tacos, too. I have mine with just cheese (I find the meat disgusting), and I remember distinctly from a couple years back, I told them "only cheese, nothing else." They gave me EVERYTHING BUT CHEESE >:CCCCCC

I fucking hate those people sometimes. It's as if they're doing this on purpose. And Wendy's hamburgers are my favorites...haven't had them for months...*sobs*

Discuss your stories or opinions here.

Tomoki
Dec 17, 2006, 11:19 PM
A Taco... with just cheese. So you wanted a quesadilla?

With that out of the way, I suggest you just don't eat at those places any more.

RedBoxHunter
Dec 18, 2006, 01:47 AM
Reminds me of the time I asked for cheese only on a burger, and they didn't even put meat in. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

DikkyRay
Dec 18, 2006, 05:19 PM
hey. I have had worse At wendy's.
I was 8, i so i ordered chicken nuggets in a kids meal. WHat do we get? Like a Double quarter pounder or w/e they are at wendys.
i cried, becasue i was 8, and i HATED hamburgers/cheeseburgers

PJ
Dec 18, 2006, 05:32 PM
Dude, you were in Toronto and didn't visit? BLASPHEMOUS!

Also, I can't agree, I love food on my food, but yeah, I remember when I didn't like food on my food, and I'd be all, "No food on my food!" and they'd LEAVE food on my food! Jerks!

Seriously http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

xxTrystanxx
Dec 20, 2006, 01:12 PM
You know, while I agree with y'all 100% and I've gotten orders messed up plenty of times... I've also worked on the opposite end of the counter.

Now, before you get all upset, I'm not defending the snot-nosed 15 and 16 yos that I flipped burgers with. They're idiots. 90% of the time, they don't care about what they're doing, they are just waiting to go home, and to get paid. (Though many of us can sympathize with *that* thought.)

Don't be afraid to say "Hey! This isn't what I ordered." Sure, it's annoying, but if you have a the time to do so, DO IT. The great thing about most fast food places these days is they have to enter your special request into the computer so that the people making the food see it.

For example, McDonald's prints up a little slip of paper for special requests, so if that paper says "No Onions" and you get onions, by all means. Say so.

My gripe is Dunkin Donuts. It can sometimes take weeks before one I visit regularly gets it right. I order iced coffee, "dark" with no sugar. Dark meaning, I'd like a little cream in the coffee, not coffee in my cream http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Eventually, they get the hang of it.
But what is so hard about not putting sugar in it? It's not like they have to do any extra work, or go out of their way to NOT put sugar in the coffee.

Wyndham
Dec 20, 2006, 01:30 PM
I get to go for junk food every other month. and usually I'm not eating meat (religious reasons), so i just get onion rings and fries. once they forgot the fries, and gave me an extra order of onion rings for the trouble.

VanHalen
Dec 24, 2006, 01:05 AM
this reminds me of when i was 11 i was trying to rush home to watch DBZ but i wanted something from mcdonalds and i asked for a mcchicken sandwich with no mayo and then i get the sandwich they put everything in the book on the sandwich (stuff that doesnt come with it like onions, cheese, bacon, ketchup, mustard, and ranch dressing) and then what pissed me off even further that it was topped with mayo

Careful
Dec 24, 2006, 07:59 AM
Reminds me when i was 10 years old and i used to pick the sesame seeds off my bun because it was gross.

Now i eat whatever they give me whether it be left over veggie pizza or burnt toast. They all go to the same place after you eat them.

lol edit

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Careful on 2006-12-24 05:02 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 24, 2006, 08:17 AM
I can only sympathize when its things that can cause allergic reactions or food being spoiled by any other non edible debris that ended up in your face when you sit down and open your meal up.

If its something that was given extra that can easily be removed without much difference by yourself, then no.

I used to be a food service worker and believe I did a good job in making orders how they were requested.

Once when taking orders upfront(and not making the food) some mother came up after receiving the order and told me her daughter couldn't eat something in the food due to allergies. I sent it back and saw the people working on it be really lazy about it, not making a new plate as they should have which would have removed the stuff that caused the allergies completely. The stuff wasn't completely removed and the store was small enough that I had to watch them spend tons of time trying to clean up the plate themselves, instead of being able to just enjoy a meal without hassle.

I'm pretty sure they never came back.

And on second thought I could have taken some initiative there like I did plenty of times in the past in other situations and kind of regret not doing so.

KodiaX987
Dec 24, 2006, 09:39 AM
HAY PJ. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I'm in Mississauga right now. Where are you?

How about this time I went to a sushi bar and they screwed up their orders so hard that they actually lost money serving us?

First, I ordered a soft-shelled crab as an apetizer. The guy gave it in roll form. After clarification, it turned out the chef, who had made sushi for many years, was somehow not aware that soft-shelled crab could be served alone as an apetizer instead of in a roll. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Next, mom orders a spicy scallop sushi. Instead, she gets a quail egg. One more dish on the house. XD

Then, as we get our bill, we realize they forgot to charge us the entire bottle of sake.

Total cost: 55 Canadian dollars. Less than half of what we should've paid had they done things right. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif