PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a bow?

Sethimothy
Dec 17, 2006, 08:56 PM
I've been playing this game in story mode and extra mode for the last two weeks, and intend to be online soon. However, there's two weapons I have yet to try - the bow, and the one at the lowest left that looks like it could be a naginata. I would like to try these weapons, but as a player who has found most enjoyment out of the ranger class I'd mostly like to grab a bow. Outside of hoping I get a synth card for one, where can I buy one?

Thanks in advance.

Kent
Dec 17, 2006, 09:06 PM
Lowest left? The bottom-left corner is Rod, on the weapontype diagram. Only usable by Forces

Longbow is the third weapon on the first row of guns. You can buy them both on Neudaiz.

Sethimothy
Dec 17, 2006, 09:17 PM
I must have mistaken the wand and the rod then. Ah well, thanks in advance. I wonder why I've missed them both. I've had access to Neudaiz for some time...

Randomness
Dec 17, 2006, 09:18 PM
Just a little fyi, rangers cannot use bows online. They're force weapons. However, all the force-type expert classes can use them.

Sethimothy
Dec 17, 2006, 11:06 PM
rangers cannot use bows online.

You're kidding. And to think they are such likable weapons too. T_T

I guess I'll have to look at the expert classes to see if there are any I like. I was rather enjoying the speed of the spear coupled with the ranged effect and capability of a bow tonight. T_T

SStrikerR
Dec 18, 2006, 08:28 PM
if you use an expert class that mixes ranger with force.........ah u never know...

Kent
Dec 18, 2006, 09:21 PM
On 2006-12-17 20:06, Sethimothy wrote:

rangers cannot use bows online.

You're kidding. And to think they are such likable weapons too. T_T

I guess I'll have to look at the expert classes to see if there are any I like. I was rather enjoying the speed of the spear coupled with the ranged effect and capability of a bow tonight. T_T

Well, online, to use a Longbow, you have to be any part Force (in either practice, or requirement).

And Guntecher is the only Expert Type that cannot use Spears at all.

So... If you insist on using Longows and Spears, you have three options.

Wartecher, which is basically an even split between Hunter and Force.

Fortetecher, which is pure Force, and can use the best Longbows, but has the worst ATP, and pretty low ATA.

And Protranser... Which has pretty low stats in general, but focuses in traps, and has no Technique capability.

LegendKilla01
Jan 1, 2007, 06:01 PM
bows r easy to find,i keep finding compadris the first time i loved it but now eh.

MayLee
Jan 1, 2007, 09:23 PM
I am in love with my Dalteri untill I find something better.

imfanboy
Jan 2, 2007, 01:40 AM
Alteric ftw! At 10 grind it's got better stats than a 9*!

And Wartecher ftw, when you go online!

zanotam
Jan 3, 2007, 02:19 AM
wartecher is pretty awesome, but until buffs come out we can't reach our full power http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

OdinTyler
Jan 13, 2007, 04:29 PM
If anything, just XP in Mizuraki on Neudaiz. Fight enough Tengohgs & youll find a Tengoh Bow. Its pretty decent for its level & eventually youll find better bows making your TB your spare. Also, Ive noticed that putting a different photon color on your TB changes the color of the wings. I had dark on it & the wings were green, but, then added ice & it turned the wings bluish. Just something I noticed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Magitek_X
Jan 13, 2007, 09:41 PM
Gah. Alteric bows are worth a fortune now!

Xtian913
Jan 15, 2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I need a new bow too, but WOW, anything worth your palette space is worth a ton!