PDA

View Full Version : What class should I be if..

Xen9
Dec 18, 2006, 12:33 AM
I want to be a sword-user thats not too boring (kind of versatile) but also not gimped.

I started a HUnewearl without knowing too much about them so yea..I seem to be using techs more than swinging my sword. Are they any good later (as fighters)?

jnblz316
Dec 18, 2006, 12:50 AM
They are pretty good but not as much power or hp as the other hunters. But they are very versatile with weapons as well as techs. I have a ball playing with this class. I had a level 143 on jpn PSOBB and she was pretty damn good. Now I have a level
95 and I'm loving playing with this class again ^_^. Make sure you put 104 towards your dex on your mag because they have the largest drop between their base ATA then their max ATA. Then put the rest on pow and fill her up on pow and def mats with a little mind here and there. Also a good ID is a skyly because they find really good swords and double sabers. Hunwearls are nuts with double sabers.

Slade002
Dec 18, 2006, 01:13 AM
ya, skyly is without a doubt the best ID for finding swords. And about HUnewearls, I personally think they are the best hunter class, they are the only ones who can use Shifta+Deband and it makes a big difference, plus good MST for resta is always a plus.

KojiroAK
Dec 18, 2006, 03:31 AM
On 2006-12-17 21:33, Xen9 wrote:
I started a HUnewearl without knowing too much about them so yea..I seem to be using techs more than swinging my sword. Are they any good later (as fighters)?

Yes, at the moment you get your hands on Lv.15+ Techs
(specially S/D/J/Z)
Then they will be stronger than a HUcast in the singleplayer.
(with Lv.20 (max) they become a one man army)

And what already jnblz said, they weakspot is the ATA, but with the right mag stats and good units, you can handle this.
(best if you can get some God/Arms)

Drakorn
Dec 18, 2006, 06:33 AM
Class : Hunter
ID : Oran or Skyly

Xeno-Windgust
Dec 18, 2006, 09:57 AM
HUnewearl is a darn good choice indeed (for the love of S/D). I also have a HUmar, which is my favorite character. Though it can't cast S/D, it has Mylla&Youlla on the mag, which is sufficient enough to give you a quick boost during quite a while.

Jellen/Zalure are sufficient to reach far with a HUmar, since it has already a decent ATP, DFP and ATA.

But yeah, usually taking a class is a personal choice. It's up to what you like to play with.

Kevino
Dec 18, 2006, 10:06 AM
deffinately. i dont like to use them much on account of my ranger...ey...ness but if you want some versitility deffinately go with them. they get better magic can use all hunter weaps and the basic handguns, and mechguns.

Xen9
Dec 18, 2006, 01:49 PM
I'll stick to my HUnewearl then. Later in the game, do they tend to use techs more or actual sword fighting more?

KojiroAK
Dec 18, 2006, 04:12 PM
I think that's a benefit of HUneys they can do both.

But on ultimate Lv.20 attack techs won't be as effective as a HUney with S/D Lv. 20 who uses blade weapons. and if there are some enemys , that bring you some concerns you still can bring up J/Z Lv. 20. (specially useful against Bosses, except of Vol Opt and Gol Dragon, which are immune against J/Z )

Short: Huneys will use more there weapons then Techs to fight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-12-18 13:13 ]</font>

xxTrystanxx
Dec 18, 2006, 04:20 PM
Well, I have a (well, 32k experience away) lvl 144 HUnewearl myself.
Admittedly, I don't use my techs nearly at all. The ones I *DO* use RELIGIOUSLY are Shifta and Deband, and Jellen and Zalure. With those 4, you will definitely be able to hold your own solo and multiplayer. And obviously Resta is useful. The only other time I use techs is Rafoie on the Sil Dragon, and Rabarta to try and freeze crowds of enemies so that I can quickly dispatch them with my sword.

I earned an S-Rank Sword through Challenge mode, which is almost always equipped on her. I find attacking one enemy at a time too tedious with a double-saber type, though I do carry one for enemies with more HP and for bosses. I also pack a pair of Charge Vulcans for flying enemies and for quickly killing megid-spitting flowers.

I've also noticed that HUnewearl is the only class that I can tolerate using a claw-type weapon. Most of the time, claws are terrible.

If you want an alternative to HUney, try a HUcaseal. They have decent ATA, and can definitely hold their own in the power department. But like other androids, you need to carry mates, and rely on your MAG to provide Shifta/Deband (though a MAG with Mylla&Youlla is nearly essential for any HU class, IMHO.) They also have really unique animations, and are VERY fast with daggers and double-sabers.

KojiroAK
Dec 18, 2006, 04:54 PM
On 2006-12-18 13:20, xxTrystanxx wrote:
(though a MAG with Mylla&Youlla is nearly essential for any HU class, IMHO.)

As well as for the Rangers (except of Ramarl)

Only at High Tech Lv. Forcer M&Y is useless.
(for what should i use Lv.21 S/D if i can have Lv.30?)

But what is funny all Mind mags will get M&Y.

werewolfking
Dec 18, 2006, 05:45 PM
screw that dude the hu class needs pilla for power yall should agree ( KAMA RULES )

Nidramag
Dec 18, 2006, 06:02 PM
I couldn't decide for another force or a hunter, these are a great class as a mix, because I am used to using techs often I like the auto-heal TP Newman Trait.

Jibby
Dec 18, 2006, 07:50 PM
BE A FORCE!
that can answer all your questions

Nidramag
Dec 18, 2006, 07:57 PM
But yes
FORCES ARE AWESOME
other people are angry-they got to level 100 before realizing any force can knock em' down.

Xen9
Dec 18, 2006, 09:56 PM
Would you guys say HUnewearls are better than HUcaseals?

xxTrystanxx
Dec 18, 2006, 10:10 PM
I like them both, honestly.

The best thing I can say is to make one of each, play around a little, and see which one you like better.

Xen9
Dec 19, 2006, 04:00 AM
Sorry for posting so much but..

If I want to be a sword user and I have access to a FOrce all the time (I play with a friend alot) should I still be a HUnewearl? Or would another class be much better?

pso-dude
Dec 19, 2006, 04:14 AM
if you have access to your friend when you want, i suggest a HUcaseal,they have pretty good stats overall and they can get darn good with S&D.

KojiroAK
Dec 19, 2006, 04:54 AM
On 2006-12-19 01:00, Xen9 wrote:
Sorry for posting so much but..

If I want to be a sword user and I have access to a FOrce all the time (I play with a friend alot) should I still be a HUnewearl? Or would another class be much better?

On the side of a Forcer the only benefits from a HUnewearl towards the other Hunters is the ability to cure Freeze from the Forcer and the better Resta efficiency.

But actually both minor benefit, towards the more damage the other are able to deal out.

The casts also have the ability to lay traps and to see traps.

I would also say go with the HUcaseal instead of the HUcast, because the better ATA the caseal has towards the cast, which becomes a huge benefit in Ultimate.

The HUmar is a kind of the middle between HUcaseal and HUcast in therms of ATP/ATA, but misses the ability to lay and see traps.
But can therefore heal the forcer better, if he is to busy with attack techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-12-19 11:13 ]</font>

Xen9
Dec 19, 2006, 01:59 PM
Hrm..I read somewhere that the HUcaseal is probalby one of the weaker classes in the game online..is this true?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xen9 on 2006-12-19 11:20 ]</font>

KojiroAK
Dec 19, 2006, 02:17 PM
Actually more then 15 Max ATA difference is a major difference.
(HUnewearl (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1186) 199 <-> HUcaseal (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1183) 218)

But in the end, you have to know which character you like to play.
At least you will spend some time with it.

Xeno-Windgust
Dec 19, 2006, 02:26 PM
On 2006-12-19 10:59, Xen9 wrote:
Hrm..I read somewhere that the HUcaseal is probalby one of the weaker classes in the game online..is this true?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xen9 on 2006-12-19 11:20 ]</font>
Even if it -would- be true, I can't agree on that. It first depends on the kind of player one is, and how well that player can play a certain class efficiently.

HUcaesals can be quite the physical damage dealer with her high ATA, which the HUnewearl lacks. With a multi-target weapon (read : sword), they can hit practically almost anything.
Of course, being a XXcast/caesal has it's load of disadvantages since you can't have techs, though if you like physical combat with weapons that aren't so good with other hunters (knives FTW), this could be a good choice.

Xen9
Dec 19, 2006, 02:32 PM
Okay, I'm gonna try it out for a bit..One more question..Do HUcaseals use swords/daggers/ close range stuff more than guns later? Or do they tend to use guns more because of their ATA?

And is SKYLY still the best section ID for a HUcaseal?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xen9 on 2006-12-19 11:39 ]</font>

KojiroAK
Dec 19, 2006, 02:44 PM
ATA doesn't say you will do more damage with guns.
It's only affect how often you will really hit the target or how many misses you will get.
No matter if you use hunter weapons, ranger weapons or forcer weapon.

Also Guns rely on ATP on the damage side.

So for everyone how want to use weapons to deal damage, ATA is a important status.

Only forcer can completely ignore ATA, because Techs aren't in need for ATA to hit.
(if they hit the target they hit.)

Short, if you use guns or blades only depends on your preferences.

About the ID:
Check at best the dropcharts and look which weapons you would like to use.

Skyly delivers much swords.$
-------------------------
Oran delivers much Dagger types and beside of that some swords.
---------------------------------
Bluefull delivers much Partisans and some "Hand weapons".
(With which you use your unarmed Motions while getting raised statuses and specials.)
Actually in the end the higher speed partisans have doesn't compare that much there weaker Damage towards the swords.
-----------------------------------------------
Also Viridia delivers Partisan types, but not as much as Bluefull and as long you don't have Ranger the shot weapons (what they became much) aren't really usefull for you.
---------------------------------------------
Purplenum delivers also Dagger types, but not as much as Oran.
But they deliver many Mechguns.
(which can be a strong weapon even in the hand of a Hunter)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-12-19 11:56 ]</font>

Xeno-Windgust
Dec 19, 2006, 02:52 PM
On 2006-12-19 11:32, Xen9 wrote:
Okay, I'm gonna try it out for a bit..One more question..Do HUcaseals use swords/daggers/ close range stuff more than guns later? Or do they tend to use guns more because of their ATA?

And is SKYLY still the best section ID for a HUcaseal?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xen9 on 2006-12-19 11:39 ]</font>
Skyly is the best section ID there is for any hunter, hands down. Though it's all for the preferences...
Use Skyly for Swords and Rifles (only ID who can find Sealed J-Sword)
Use Bluefull if you would like Partizan-type weapons (crappy dropes otherwise, I don't suggest it)
Use Whitill for Slicers or Mechguns (good drops otherwise, Handgun:Milla)
Use Oran for Knives and another type (good ID)
At last but not least, Redria for Armor, Shields and rare units (only possible God/Battle, all God/Unit drops).

It's a matter of personal choice. Honestly, you shouldn't rely on others for that. Also, you can use the Section ID calculator on PSOW -- reliable.

KojiroAK
Dec 19, 2006, 03:00 PM
Little Addition to Redria.

They also deliver Slicer types.