PDA

View Full Version : AGH! Be responsible! Check NPC prices before selling items

-Dainslef-
Dec 18, 2006, 01:12 PM
Nothing makes my day more than spending 20 minutes looking for Par Ebon because every MORON on PC/PS2 said, "dude, this is a RARE! I'm gonna price it at 7k. I bet this is so cool that people will pay 7k, even though the NPCs sell it for 4k."

Okay, had to vent, I seriously end up spending an hour a day looking through people's WAY overpriced crap because they have zero clue how to run their shop.

DON'T SELL ITEMS FOR EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN NPC PRICES!!1111!!!!1!one!!!

RoninJoku
Dec 18, 2006, 01:14 PM
I have the same problem with almost every item I look for that's available from NPC's... It's really annoying. But I doubt it will get much better. Effing people and 5k Ortacarbons.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 18, 2006, 01:14 PM
its not really a problem within this community, its everyone else lol

ABDUR101
Dec 18, 2006, 01:16 PM
Yup. If I find player shop prices equal to npc shop prices, I just won't buy it. It's a player shop, cut a deal, selling at equal to or greater than npc costs is just a waste of everyone's time. I expect to save at the LEAST 10% at a player shop. If you can't afford that much of a deal, you're a waste of time and I'll gladly skip you by.

Only two shops were selling kerseline for equal to npc prices, everyone else was selling for +3k, upwards of 50k+. Are you an idiot? You think I'm going to not check npc shops before I make such a purchase?

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 18, 2006, 01:16 PM
omfg Roninjoku's Gif started making me dizzy after staring at it very closely @.@

-Dainslef-
Dec 18, 2006, 01:19 PM
I want to hunt these people down >.>

If I ever have that room-jump bug happen and find myself in another player's room, first thing I'm doing is lowering the price of all their stuff to 100-1000 meseta under NPC prices.

JAFO22000
Dec 18, 2006, 01:20 PM
I bet some people do not check the NPC price before shopping. Some stores want to pray on the ignorance/unpreparadness of others. Only way to stop this is not to buy it.

If someone was willing to pay 1000 meseta for your Gra-photons, wouldn't you sell them for that much??

That being said, I don't overprice anything in my shop. Hell, I have a 30% light element Cresaud in my shop since I created it. It's dropped to 45000 and STILL no one will buy it lol!!!

Nayte
This should be rants...
Anyway, its a free market for a reason. If they sell for more than NPC price, they will realise no one will buy and eventually lower their price. Or, they'll leave it and you just buy from NPC or someone else. Of course, there are lazy people who do pay more than NPC.

Turambar
I find it funny how shops are pricing vulcaline and vestaline the same cost, 6k, despite one being a * higher....

Zio
Dec 18, 2006, 01:21 PM
It's ridiculous. I'll go into every shop and see dumb shit like mot wood for 400 meseta. Then their ad states they're selling "cheap" or "below npc value". Do your damn research! If I see shit like kerseline for 8k, I'm skipping your shop immediately. It drives me up the walls.

-Dainslef-
Dec 18, 2006, 01:24 PM
Yeah. It does hurt them eventually sometimes, though. I'm an enormous consumer of resources, and there's a large number of names that I now recognize and won't even bother looking at. They could lower their prices to 25% of cost, I won't ever know, because I'm done with them.

Laranas
Dec 18, 2006, 01:25 PM
Seriously, call me a dick if you want me to, but if your price isn't a good deal compared to the NPC (I'm not talking equal or just 100 meseta less) then I'm not buying it from your shop. I don't feel compelled to cut strangers slack on their sales if they aren't willing to give me a reason to.

Bast
Dec 18, 2006, 01:25 PM
Most the time people place items in their shops as "bait." The use this tactic so that you may buy other items they are selling. However, whenever I see this, I just exit the player's shop and don't look at anything else.

Most times I can never find what I need for even 1 mesta less the NPC. Always some outrageous price.

Unfortunately, I rarely search through player’s shops any more. 99% of the time, the NPCs are getting my mesta. I would hope SE would allow us to refine our searches (i.e. search for item in a certain price range).

Maskim
Dec 18, 2006, 01:29 PM
On 2006-12-18 10:20, JAFO22000 wrote:
I bet some people do not check the NPC price before shopping. Some stores want to pray on the ignorance/unpreparadness of others. Only way to stop this is not to buy it.

If someone was willing to pay 1000 meseta for your Gra-photons, wouldn't you sell them for that much??

That being said, I don't overprice anything in my shop. Hell, I have a 30% light element Cresaud in my shop since I created it. It's dropped to 45000 and STILL no one will buy it lol!!!

If you still have that when I get on, I'll buy it. I'm having great luck with reselling those at 85-90k. Any % over 20 seems to be good for that price.

Your problem in selling it is in either one of two areas, perhaps both. You're either not getting enough exposure, or the exposure your shop is getting is not the right clientel for that item. If you sell mainly -mates, then the majority of players coming to your shop have a preconcieved notion of only spending a couple thousand at most. Even if they have the money, mentally, 1500 to 45k is a big jump.
The only other factor I could see at this time, is the element. Light is...not so popular, out of the elements. LL being the only place it really comes in handy, and everywhere else has some light element enemies, making dark preferrable. With the addition of LL S, this has changed a bit, but still, those doing the S ranks are probably looking for the harder hitting weapons than cresaud.
On that note, I knew that creas were lower atp and all...but what is it, like 250-300 atp less than other 7* sword?? That's absurd. That's how I started reselling them though. Eagerly bought one to use, then noticed that it was so weak, and being a newman, I need all the atp I can get.

-Dainslef-
Dec 18, 2006, 01:32 PM
It's not selling because Creasaud is probably the worst crea weapon (3 hits to 4 hits, whee), and light element is the least useful atm.

Maskim
Dec 18, 2006, 01:46 PM
They're all just show pieces anyways. 1 hit to 2 hits, wheee. If you need to hit multiple opponents with a single target weapon, bust a pa. Problem solved. I see more people having trouble unloading the single dagger creas than anything else. They look good though.

Mystil
Dec 18, 2006, 02:01 PM
Gra-photons... lol...

I can put these up for 1 meseta and they wont budge.