PDA

View Full Version : Rares in Soul of a Blacksmith?

Black_Fang
Dec 20, 2006, 09:16 AM
I just want to know plain and simple. Is there any rare weapons that the blacksmith will give you in that quest, and if yes, what difficulty do i have to play in and how do i get it?

Kevino
Dec 20, 2006, 09:40 AM
Yes.
Play in ultimate mode. if you want rares though you will need the blue mineral in mines 3.
do you want the weapons. too bad
Technical Crozier (force)
Suppressed Gun (ranger)
God Hand (hunter)

hows that?

Jaspaller
Dec 20, 2006, 11:45 AM
Once you have retrieved one of those rare weapons on that character, you won't get another rare one if you redo that quest (instead it will be the regular types of weapons he normally gives). So if you want all three, you're gonna have to make 3 different characters and bring them all up to ult to get them.

PS, it's Caves 3, not mines 3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

sushiman
Dec 20, 2006, 11:59 AM
Personally, I think god hand is the best one out of the three you can get so I would recommend that.

rena-ko
Dec 20, 2006, 12:04 PM
yepp, skip the crozier. it has no tech bonuses unlike most other force weapons.

xxTrystanxx
Dec 20, 2006, 12:10 PM
And Suppressed Gun is easily found in other places.

So the only viable option left is the God Hand. Which is good, because this is the best option for obtaining a God Hand with hit%. Mine had 35% hit when I received it.

Black_Fang
Dec 20, 2006, 05:18 PM
really? so i should get the god hand? thnx for the information guys!

KojiroAK
Dec 20, 2006, 05:39 PM
On 2006-12-20 14:18, Black_Fang wrote:
really? so i should get the god hand?

yes, it's the less worst out of the three.

Suppressed Gun hasn't even a special and isn't that strong there are better handguns out there, which are usable at Hunters, and Ranger would have much better options then a suppressed gun.

God Hand has many ATP but it's still a 3 hit combo weapon.

The Exp drain on it, isn't bad.

But i still prefer the straight way of getting exp:
Gotta kill 'em all

Kevino
Dec 21, 2006, 09:18 AM
i didnt care about the weapons i got. i dont use fist weaps and i hate forces so i got the suppressed gun. it is silenced and looks cool. pluss it had massive bonuses when i got it.

Out_Kast
Dec 21, 2006, 09:39 AM
On some day, some person wrote...
If you get the rare, and quit the game, you can do the quest again and get another rare

I heard this as a rumour, but I'm not sure if it's true. Can anyone confirm this?

VIRDIA_Hunter
Dec 21, 2006, 04:25 PM
Not really. For instance, in the "Fake in Yellow" Quest, you can find a Pal Rappy, get RED HANDGUN or something. You could re-start, and you re-play the quest, and no Pal Rappy could be found. It all depends on your luck, if your lucky (Not LCK in PSO!).

DC_PLAYER
Dec 22, 2006, 10:42 AM
as a side not, if you play ver.2, you do not get those, but if you change the language to jap and play in jap then those will be avaiable.

rena-ko
Dec 22, 2006, 10:53 AM
no, regardless of if you finish the quest or not, the flag about that you got the prize is set once you got it when you save after you get it.
your only choice is to hard- or softreset the game after obtaining the prize and before saving to try again if you dont like what you got (%-wise or whatever).

Roy-Mustang
Dec 22, 2006, 01:08 PM
On 2006-12-21 06:39, Out_Kast wrote:

On some day, some person wrote...
If you get the rare, and quit the game, you can do the quest again and get another rare

I heard this as a rumour, but I'm not sure if it's true. Can anyone confirm this?

Is completely false.

Out_Kast
Dec 22, 2006, 01:26 PM
Aah. Shame http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kuroi_Ryoken
Dec 22, 2006, 01:28 PM
I can confirm it is NOT true