PDA

View Full Version : Do: Hunters suck in Ultimate?

gravitypenguin
Nov 25, 2002, 07:04 PM
I was fliping through a few PSO boards (I think gamefaqs was the one in question) and I saw someone state that Hunters basicly suck in Ultimate mode.

I can certainly see how their power should even out since they start out dealing maddening amounts of damage, while forces do next to none.

I'm just wondering do things even out, or do Hunters truely "suck" when it comes to high levels. It would be nice to know since I've put my Racastal in temporary retirement to work on a hunter character.

So how about it, what do you people think?

P.S. Great site and forums here, which there seems to be a lack of when it comes to PSO good for you guys http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DirewolfX
Nov 25, 2002, 07:23 PM
I don't think so... they just need the right weapons. In fact, I don't think any one character is better than the others... they simply require different strategies to be effective.

My level 92 HUnewearl does fine in Forest/Caves for Ultimate. Mines are a bit tough for her still, but not impossible. I switch between the following weapons: Red Partisan +40, Yamato +60, Varista +10, Diska of Braveman +9 depending on what I need to do.

And Forces certainly do not to next to no damage. Unless, of course, you're foolish enough to try and play them like a hunter (using weapons). My FOnewearl can kill most things in a couple of spells. Of course, Forces are very dependent on TP (I do 0 damage with my physical attack--but FOnewearls are much weaker than even the other Forces, ATP-wise).

gravitypenguin
Nov 25, 2002, 07:30 PM
Neat, my new hunter is a hunewearl as well (lvl 21 now I think) so far I've been kicking a good amount of butt with a varista+25 and breaker+4 (level 3 sword thingy).

It's neat to play a non-android character for once, having to use trimates for both healing and mag feeding was getting on my nerves. Go resta, WOOT!

BrokenHope
Nov 25, 2002, 08:04 PM
My HUnewearl(arguably the weakest hunter) is level 123 she beat ult falz offline at level 114 and beat ult olga offline at level 116 so i'd say hunters do just fine with the right weapons.

Rhete
Nov 25, 2002, 09:04 PM
Hunters do fine as far as I can see. I only play my FOnewearl in ult, and most of the time the hunters can easily keep up or do more damage than me. This is however when I'm casting shifta 30 and zalure 25 or so, so hunters still seem to benifit greatly from having a force support them.

Hunters do tend to do badly in ult mines though if they try to melee, because of the nature of the enemies there

Sedyne
Nov 25, 2002, 09:23 PM
Well when Sedyne HUmar was alive(now corrupted) i was level 122 and would have a great deal of trouble in Ultimate caves and up without a force or a HUnewrl to cast Shifta one me. I would be destroyed...as well online i couldn't handle Forest myself very well. I found myself using LKLights constantly to level though. I do suppose if i had a ChanSawd or a Demolition comet i could have destroyed them =P.

I remember when i was level 121 ther was a level 112 FOnewmn playing with me and he was doing 433 damage per hit with his gifoie. With his shifta i was doing about 400 damage with my stupid 25% native in forest. I had a 73 pow level mag too. To me it showed HUmars are week, and I began to wish i was a FO. Then came along my file corruption and now i'm leveling a FOmar now level 31. Thanks to Snapples 188 lv dex mag i'm using her red handgun and rapidly giong through levels. I only have 7 hours on the damn character too =P. However i do believe i'm going to recreate a HUmar (Sean X930) and will try to make him the best he can be.

I was told FO's have it much easier early on, and I hadn't even used any power materaisl so my bet is at around level 160 HUmars deal the same if not more damage than a FO. + Fo's cost ALOT more..i find myself CONSTANTLY buying fluids = Ick.

Jae
Nov 25, 2002, 11:27 PM
My lvl 85 HUnewearl is just Bartle food when I try to go Ult online. I tried this last night. Even with two rangers backing me up with their crush bullets and justy's, I still got my ass handed to me consistently. I couldn't even HIT them and survive without first doing the whole Jellen/Zalure routine.

My weapons are weak too. Still hanging on to the old Dragon Slayer +18, Yamato +16, and Varista +25.

Hopefully things will get easier as I start to level up some more...

DirewolfX
Nov 25, 2002, 11:34 PM
Weapons are important... I suppose it depends a lot on the strategy and weapons. I wouldn't use a Yamato against Bartles or any swarmers in Ultimate. That's just asking for trouble. But on the other hand, they work great against Gulgus, Crimson Assassins and Nano Dragons. The Dragon Slayer should do decently, if you can get enough ATA. I'm not sure what the ATA bonus is on that... I have a 70-something DEX mag, a Red Partisan (+43 ATA) and a God/Arm and I hit pretty consistently through Ult. Caves online (haven't done much of Ult. Mines yet).

GandorDurin
Nov 25, 2002, 11:36 PM
Hmm the only problem I'm having with my HUmar in Ultimate (Offline one-player I admit) are those dang plants in the cave. Instant death attacks are quite annoying, but I'm getting pretty used to switching back and forth between Yamato and Varista. I haven't tried two-player Ultimate yet but my friend is almost level 60 (Which I think is the minimum to play Ultimate in multi-player) and I just wanna give it a shot. I have over 800 Health now which really helps (I started Ultimate mode at around 450 health, that certainly hurt), and I'm not getting knocked down nearly as much as I used to. I'm still trying to get a better weapon because even a maxed out Yamato isn't that great...Challenge mode takes so long but I really need a new weapon!

Uh anyway to summarize...Hunters good. *cough* Anyway who cares, play to have fun! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Maelkith
Nov 26, 2002, 10:10 AM
my hucast has been in ultimate offline since level 82. his best weapon is a fire repeater +8 with 50% hit. now at level 96 i still cant take vol opt. ultimate mode is watered down offline quite a bit from its previous incarnation. on v2 i wouldnt have dared stray into the ultimate mines at level 90. ultimate is a challenge but its not impossible for hunters.

Zae
Nov 26, 2002, 10:32 AM
Im in ultimate with a a hunter and a force and there both really kick

TCZid
Nov 26, 2002, 10:46 AM
Yeah I have a HUcaseal but it reallllly sucks without magic. I can barly get through the caves. I'm thinkin about beatin a bunch of episode 2. But I need some better weapons for ultimate. But I think im just gonna play a fake in yellow and go back and forth till I find a Blue Rappy. Maybe I'll find somthin good.

Wang_Tang
Nov 26, 2002, 12:21 PM
in ep I&II hunters rock in ult ^_^

lvl 131 and counting

Mag_Launcher
Nov 26, 2002, 01:06 PM
Well, my ATP SUCKS ASS.

I'm not sure how I'm gonna do in the new "refined" Ultimate mode.

Zae
Nov 26, 2002, 02:47 PM
I have a android male humter guy there like the best there use of traps is really great in all levels

Mixfortune
Nov 27, 2002, 05:28 PM
sorry for double post, read below

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2002-11-27 14:33 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Nov 27, 2002, 05:30 PM
I got my HUmar to Ult by level 76, and I do quite well in Forest with Vjaya/Gae Bolg and Musashi, and they dont have any native percentages. Using Raygun on Sil Dragon and destroying him. The HUmar is going strong in Ult Caves but Zalure helps, and I didn't bother fighting Da Ral Lie (i think thats the ult spelling) yet. Im just hanging in Forests and Sil, leveling through the 70s and 80s quickly enough.

Musahsis doing 240 per strong hit (5 hits total)
Vjaya/Gae Bolg doing about 190-210 a power hit

Of course, it probably helps that I have a 180+ POW Apsaras... I think HUmars do quite well if they have a MIND mag for learning level 15 spells faster and a POW intensive mag for the weps and heavy damage.

Last night, finding a 30% Native Angry Fist was a very pleasing experience, with a 220 weak hit, 340 strong hit and a 550 critical.

Ult Forest is a buffer to ease you in, so it may be a good idea to hang around there a while and kill the easier enemies for red weapons.

ATA isnt really a problem for the lvl 70-80 HUmar in Forest, so long as you dont start combos with a strong hit. In later areas expect to see MISS a lot. Using a good red partisan or sword will even it out in these areas, as you will usually hit a few each swing out of a group.

Also, Barta series is quite nice in Ultimate, as freezing the enemies will give you some time to collect yourself and/or unleash some attacks, even if it doesn't do as much raw damage.

Ina
Nov 27, 2002, 05:36 PM
Hunters don't suck, if they did, it's because their players suck, not the class. Afterall, if u think this way, all those HUmar/RAmar/FOmar/etc are just an item for us, so, if the user(aka us) is good enough, we can b the best player with the 'supposedly-sh*t' class