PDA

View Full Version : Are we agreed that dual claws are made of bad and lose?

Zorafim
Dec 20, 2006, 04:58 PM
It's almost time for me to upgrade my daggers, so I want to know if I should continue using them or try dual claw. The Dual Claw PA seems rather horrid, being just the basic combo that hits two enemies with boosted damage and has a knockback at the end, overall being slower than the normal combo.
Should I just continue with twin daggers, or do twin claw? Either way, I plan on getting twin claw once I obtain either that ultimate twin claw PA or access to an S rank twin claw, either or.

Warnen
Dec 20, 2006, 05:00 PM
someone buy me an A rank pair and I'll give ya my opinion. To dam costly to try out stuff in this game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Dainslef-
Dec 20, 2006, 05:00 PM
Depends on what class you plan on being, which, since you mentioned using S rank twinclaws, means Fortefighter. Ffs cant use S rank daggers, so might as well switch.

The basic combo is pretty good actually, but wow, the PA really, really sucks.

Zorafim
Dec 20, 2006, 05:02 PM
I believe that's what extra mode was for, but the enemies there are so weak that everything seems good.
I was actually greatly disappointed with dual claw offline, but I want more opinions before making a definite decision.

Yes, I plan on fortefighter, but I can hold off on dual claws until the S ranks come out, in which case switching would be an upgrade. I also think the "ultimate" dual claw PA is supposed to be pretty decent compared to the other small weapons, so that's another time when I can change. It would be ideal if both came at the same time, really.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2006-12-20 14:04 ]</font>

Candor
Dec 20, 2006, 05:05 PM
I also wasn't sure so i asked one of my friends if i could borrow his. Even without the PA i loved using twin claws, once i get a board for vahra claws i'm making myself a pair

-Dainslef-
Dec 20, 2006, 05:09 PM
Honestly, I own 8*s in most of the fortefighter weapons. I dont think that Twin Daggers or Twin Claws are very good. Twin Daggers have too low of an ATP, and suck horribly against high dfp monsters (that said, their PA is still broken so it's still decent). Twin Claws have a good regular combo with strong damage, but a crappy PA.

But I don't really like them, anyhow. I primarily use my Spears, Swords, and Axes. I got my Twinclaw PA to lv 17, and break it out occasionally in Agata (28% dark).

Ryoki
Dec 20, 2006, 05:39 PM
On 2006-12-20 14:09, -Dainslef- wrote:
Honestly, I own 8*s in most of the fortefighter weapons. I dont think that Twin Daggers or Twin Claws are very good. Twin Daggers have too low of an ATP, and suck horribly against high dfp monsters (that said, their PA is still broken so it's still decent). Twin Claws have a good regular combo with strong damage, but a crappy PA.

But I don't really like them, anyhow. I primarily use my Spears, Swords, and Axes. I got my Twinclaw PA to lv 17, and break it out occasionally in Agata (28% dark).

Whaddya mean broke? The PA isn't broke. WTF is with people saying this?

Randomness
Dec 20, 2006, 05:44 PM
On 2006-12-20 14:39, Ryoki wrote:

On 2006-12-20 14:09, -Dainslef- wrote:

Whaddya mean broke? The PA isn't broke. WTF is with people saying this?

Broken can mean overpowered.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 20, 2006, 05:46 PM
I'm sure there would be better PAs for the Twin Claws, and I like its combo, even for males.

-Dainslef-
Dec 20, 2006, 05:58 PM
According to the JP players on here, the 2nd PA isnt much better. Who knows about the third, though.

And yeah, medium sized 360 area of effect, with triple hits and a large damage modifier is rather "broken", as in powerful. Depending on monster defense, it does roughly the same damage as the Twin Claw PA, if not more, to three targets instead of 1, with a bigger range and a lot less aiming.

-Crokar-
Dec 20, 2006, 06:17 PM
the twin claw can hit 2 enemies with its PA but it suck something fierce. i failed synthing dual claws twice so i bought some. and well i hate them. thinking of ditching them for something else

DikkyRay
Dec 20, 2006, 06:25 PM
man i LOVE twin claws.
Sure not as powerful as axes, but they look so sweet with my char. Plus, really easy to lvl the PA up. My friend had an axe and got it to lvl 11 in like 3 days. I had my claws for a day, and already lvl 8. WOOHOO! GO CLAWS!
plus the final combo looks so awesome. I saw tonnio use it. IT FREAKIN AMAZING

-Crokar-
Dec 20, 2006, 06:26 PM
i didnt see anything else a fighgunner can use that id swap for the claws so im keeping them

-Dainslef-
Dec 20, 2006, 06:58 PM
I'm going to have to disagree about the PA. It goes up at a better speed than axes, sure, but I'd say that it goes much slower than the other weapons.

I can burn through a full charge on my 8* Twin Claws and only go up about 4%. (again, I'm at lv 17 atm on them)

Merumeru
Dec 20, 2006, 07:48 PM
XD i get envious whenever i see someone whip them out...id definently use those before i touched any saber/twin-saber/dual-saber weapon >P

Alisha
Dec 20, 2006, 07:52 PM
ive been over this before twin claws are great weapons. the 2nd pa owns for figunners playstyle. get off of pa spammage already.

Kula
Dec 20, 2006, 09:17 PM
Also notice that a female gets 6 hit combo with twin claws instead of 5 so claws are speshal for girls =), but the pa is so so not too impressive but its decent. I dont use claws though too many other sexy weapons T_T

Neith
Dec 20, 2006, 09:24 PM
Tried them in Extra Mode. Thought they failed horribly, not going to use them in Online. Single claw I find a lot better.

Zorafim
Dec 20, 2006, 10:22 PM
With these replies, I've decided to avoid both single and dual claw, since having a single claw wouldn't match with my twin daggers. However, once the PA fragment PAs come out, I'll give them a go. It's the only third tier PA I've seen that doesn't look silly. Still, that's quite a wait for me...

Alisha
Dec 20, 2006, 10:41 PM
On 2006-12-20 18:24, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Tried them in Extra Mode. Thought they failed horribly, not going to use them in Online. Single claw I find a lot better.

if you tried them in extra mode and only tried the store bought pa then lol. you need the pa lucaim gives you for them to be good.

VanHalen
Dec 20, 2006, 10:45 PM
the store bought one looks cool at higher levels

PJ
Dec 20, 2006, 10:50 PM
I like this topic.

Twin Claws are made of epic lose and fail.

EDIT: Although they do LOOK cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-12-20 19:50 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Dec 20, 2006, 10:56 PM
Dual claws do kinda suck, but I still use them for the sake of having everything leveled.
Single claws RAWK. Powerful, speedy, and the PA is quick and powerful WITH knockup/back.
Can't fhk with the single claw.

-Dainslef-
Dec 21, 2006, 12:00 AM
I still haven't seen the ultimate level PA... hmm, anyone have a link?

NinjaSalad
Dec 21, 2006, 12:02 AM
Single claw is superior people. Much superior.

-Dainslef-
Dec 21, 2006, 12:06 AM
Nevermind, found it on youtube =)

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 21, 2006, 12:54 AM
meh i say use what you like, i think twin claws look sweet and I would mix up my weapons now and then to keep the game "fresh" using the same weps and the same PA's all the time will burn you out and make the game boring fast.

PA's are fun as a meele char I miss them as a fortetecher :/ but atleast I blow everything up

BahnKnakyu
Dec 21, 2006, 01:44 AM
The Ultimate Twin Claw PA looks pretty effective, albeit a bit too fancy. The one that we have access to right now isn't that spectacular.

Alisha
Dec 21, 2006, 03:19 AM
i give up on you people because clearly any weapon that isnt twin daggars,twin sabers,or spears clearly sucks rite? lawl http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mystil
Dec 21, 2006, 10:35 AM
Eh..Twin Sabers blow Alisha. I want to get away from the two I have pretty badly. As an Ff I don't feel right using twin daggers for obvious reasons, and they are a death sentence waiting to happen anyway. Spears is the bomb, can't really knock on that.

Sword is awesome when given the chance and it's 3rd stage PA turns you into freaking Babe Ruth.

As far as this thread is concerned, they appear to be in the minority. I see a lot of single claw users and they all have said it 'pwns' twin claws. If single weapon didn't look so.. plain all by it self(not counting gun) I'd try to save up for one.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 21, 2006, 10:55 AM
dude, Twin Sabers are super awesome, so are Twin Daggers. But I would agree w/ you that Spears and Swords are pretty cool too. I didn't like Swords at first but then it kinda grew on me, even though I don't have the 3rd part of the PA yet. anyway, I also am not in the agreement that Twin Claws are made of fail and lose, I tried them in extra mode and I didn't think they were too bad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-12-21 07:58 ]</font>

EJ
Dec 21, 2006, 11:07 AM
I like twin claws and single claws but waiting til the PA for them that I like to come out since I find it a waste to buy the current ones out.

Gamemako
Dec 21, 2006, 11:17 AM
The current twin claw PA is absolutely horrid. It is weak, lacks knockback attacks, and doesn't hit many opponents. Also, since females get an extra hit in the regular combo, there's ever more reason for males not to use it.

Kamica
Dec 21, 2006, 12:05 PM
I bought the ultimate twin claw PA yesterday and I must say that I like it. I have not seen the third combo yet but here is how the first two work:

1st-3 or 4 quick slashes that hit two enemies
2nd-home in and hit the closest enemy. You are then locked in place as you rise up in the air and land to hit two enemies.

Arieta
Dec 21, 2006, 12:08 PM
The 3rd combo has the person fall through the floor (no joke) and "vanish" and you only see his shadow for a few seconds. Then he jumps out of the floor like a ninja and anything near (probably two or three targets max thoguh) by gets hit so it seems. Mind you though, even though your character is not technically there, you can and will still take damage from enemies.

Here's the Link to it:

http://67.15.2.5/~libra/m/pa_rss.wmv

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arieta on 2006-12-21 09:10 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Dec 21, 2006, 03:41 PM
That twin claw PA video was *awesome* IMO (which ever one it was.)

I don't care what anyone says.

IMNHO Twin Claws, Twin Daggers, Twin Sabers, Swords and Double Sabers ALL kick ass, and when used in the appropriate situations/enemies and used with SKILL are quite effective. IMO.

The only weapon I've not been too found of is the Spear (no leg sweep attack, only piercing attacks, and i'm not to excited about those.)

I havn't decided if my secondary character will be a Female Newman or female Beast though lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-12-21 12:43 ]</font>

Pentence
Dec 21, 2006, 04:28 PM
Just curious anyone seen the newest twin claw PA the jp got?It is basicly a few swips folowed by knuckles infamous diveing dig. You go under ground spining then emerge and hit everything round ya.

-Dainslef-
Dec 21, 2006, 04:51 PM
The new twin claw PA is pretty neat, though, the ultimate Fists/Knuckles (wtfe) PA makes me want to take those up again. Wow.

For reference:
Twin Claws Ultimate: http://youtube.com/watch?v=F8jRsytgAhI
Fists Ultimate: http://youtube.com/watch?v=E7I_Oiu_X0w

Para
Dec 21, 2006, 04:54 PM
I synthesized a several pairs of Twin Claws and have played with them myself.

My opinion: they're fun and useful.
Twin Claws are not for mobs. Just like how some weapons weren't meant for mobs in PSO and in PSU, same goes for Twin Claws. THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY SUCK. Twin Claws can be effective in 1on1 battles. They moderately fast, strike fast without a large intermittent delay. Comparing to Twin daggers, they strike harder (like 80% more atp comparing 7*s) and have decent accuracy that's comparable to twin daggers.

As for Bukuu Rensen-ga, its definitely not for idiots just charging in and spamming the combo hoping to get damage in and knock monsters away. With Bukuu Rensen-ga, you must analyze the current battle situation and search for two monsters that are close together but yet somewhat separated from the rest of the mob. Or if you're fighting some weak mob, spamming the PA isn't a bad idea since you won't be knocking them away with the PA.

Oh and yes its true that the Twin Claw PA is very easy to level. I found it much easier to level the Twin Claw PA than the Double Saber PA when at the same levels.