PDA

View Full Version : what kind oif stuff you watch on tv?

Wyndham
Dec 20, 2006, 06:03 PM
I only watch the simpsons, and nothing else. we don't have any signal out here, and my parents won't pay for cable or sattelite.
how about the rest of you?

KojiroAK
Dec 20, 2006, 06:17 PM
I like Zoo shows.
(Tierisch Kölsch, Giraffe Erdmänchen & co)

Scrubs is sometimes nice.

Otherwise what's on about Movies.

On Anime series there isn't much interesting.
what's about Sailor Moon, Wedding Peach, Lady Oscar, Rock n Cop, Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs.
Comon i know they have it, but they don't give it.

what i dislike is Edutainment. (only at the word ... )

Moo2u
Dec 20, 2006, 06:41 PM
There's not much good stuff on TV nowadays. 95% of TV is pure crap.

That being said, for new stuff I still watch Family Guy, Daily Show, Colbert Report, the Office, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and of course Avatar.

Other than that, I just watch reruns of good ol' stuff, or my wonderful dvd box sets. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (w00t! Muppet Show!)

DikkyRay
Dec 20, 2006, 06:47 PM
family guy, south park.
And whatever 95%crap is on XD
actually i dont usually watch that much.

now i would watch tv again if they put Johnny Bravo, Time Squad, all the GOOD cartoons back on.
only cartoon network show i can stand now is fosters home. Yeesh.

RoninJoku
Dec 20, 2006, 07:17 PM
Cartoon Network (not just adult swim). My TV almost never changes the station.

Otherwise I will watch random stuff that peaks my interest. Usually documentaries and the like.

VioletSkye
Dec 20, 2006, 09:17 PM
The only thing I actually make an effort to watch is Dirty Jobs. I watch Adult Swim occassionally I usually watch Cash Cab with my wife at dinner. I agree that the huge majority of TV shows is utter garbage.

Sinue_v2
Dec 20, 2006, 09:26 PM
what's about Sailor Moon, Wedding Peach, Lady Oscar, Rock n Cop, Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs

Holy shit.. I used to love that show as a kid. I didn't know it was still in sindication. I'll have to check it out sometime.

As far as TV goes... I generally don't watch much. When I do, it's either Comedy Central, Discovery, National Geographic, or the WWII chann.... er... History Channel. I also watch Adult Swim on ocassion. Mostly for Ghost in the Shell, Family Guy, Futurama, - but some of the Williams Street stuff is pretty good.

Skett
Dec 20, 2006, 09:34 PM
I mostly watch comedies, like Whose Line and Home Improvement, although I often watch Adult Swim too. I also have a soft spot for more serious shows, like the Law & Order shows and House, MD.

washuguy
Dec 20, 2006, 09:34 PM
Football,Cartoon network,nick,Fox,espn,nfl network,News,G4,And whatever else I feel like

UnderscoreX
Dec 20, 2006, 09:55 PM
Mainly sports and South Park.

washuguy
Dec 20, 2006, 09:56 PM
On 2006-12-20 18:55, UnderscoreX wrote:
Mainly sports and South Park.

You like football? And if so what team?

UnderscoreX
Dec 20, 2006, 11:48 PM
Mainly into basketball, but some friends are crazy into Football so I kinda got forced into liking it.
But anyways, the Cowboy's all the way son, suck my balls Atlanta.

medusae
Dec 21, 2006, 12:27 AM
Colbert Report/Daily Show
Dexter
Family Guy
Venture Bros
Mythbusters
Grim Adventures..
Foster's Home..
and random stuff on IFC from time to time.

astuarlen
Dec 21, 2006, 01:40 AM
This thread is in serious need of some

House, M.D.
Hugh Laurie is quite fantastic.

geewj
Dec 21, 2006, 03:36 AM
Scrubs
House
South Park
History Channel

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 21, 2006, 04:09 AM
I pretty much only watch tv when I am watching my kids so its on cartoons. But they are not bad like when I was a kid and forced to watch seseme street and stuff they got good stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom, Martin Mystery, ect ect. Most of the time its sponge bob wich is ok.. but it gets old fast it just happens to be on alllll the time.

Then if they are asleep i swich over to slooth station and see if night rider or the A team is on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Meeth
Dec 21, 2006, 06:39 AM
I used to watch Cartoon Network and the other kids channel before my mother got rid of it. So now all i watch is Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, Bones, Firefly, and if theres nothing else on i watch Star Trek Voyeger, altough i've seen them all.

rena-ko
Dec 21, 2006, 06:59 AM
the only thing i currently watch is "House m.d." as all the monk episodes are reruns here...

then again, house gets reruns now too, so... i'm not watching tv at all.

anime... thats what the pc is for, i guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2006-12-21 04:01 ]</font>

Drakorn
Dec 21, 2006, 07:12 AM
I dont really watch TV, only if im bored but if i feel i want to watch something i watch paul o grady show, deal or no deal, you've been framed, big brother (when it comes on) and im a celebrity get me out of here...

I also watch home alone 1,2 and 3 if that counts when im bored.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drakorn on 2006-12-21 04:13 ]</font>

Out_Kast
Dec 21, 2006, 10:00 AM
TV? What's that? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Don't watch much. If there's a good film on, yeah, okay. I'll watch it. Otherwise, it's a no-go.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 21, 2006, 10:51 AM
I like watching Comedy Central, Adult Swim, the History channel, Family Guy, Japanese news, and anime(although I download most of it through the internet)

Moo2u
Dec 21, 2006, 01:47 PM
No one else watches Avatar? You should all do yourselves a favor and start watchin' that show.

_Ted_
Dec 21, 2006, 04:56 PM
The only shows I watch regularly are House, Lost, and the Colbert Report. House and Lost are reruns now..............but at least Colbert is always there for me!

Aside from that I watch the Discovery Channel, National Geographic Channel, the Hitler (History) Channel, and the Military Channel (which has strangely disappeared in the latest channel shuffle by my cable provider).

I also watch the occasional Futurama, Family Guy, Robot Chicken or Venture Brothers on Adult Swim if I happen to catch them.

medusae
Dec 21, 2006, 05:23 PM
I'm happy to see that there are so many Colbert fans at PSOW. :3

Firocket1690
Dec 21, 2006, 05:27 PM
I watched Heroes for the two months or so it was on. And sometimes the wb11 news >_>;

not too much tv for me. :c

Dek
Dec 21, 2006, 05:56 PM
On 2006-12-21 10:47, Moo2u wrote:
No one else watches Avatar? You should all do yourselves a favor and start watchin' that show.

Nickelodion has something good on their station for once? Wow O_o

Anyways, I watch Bleach, Eureka 7 (both on Adult Swim), Daily Show (the only news show you ever need to watch), The Soup, and (dare I say it) Naruto on occasion

Blitzkommando
Dec 22, 2006, 04:55 AM
The Weather Channel (no joke, I watch so little TV that it's one of the few things that I see on a regular basis)

HGTV in short bursts (gets old quick unless The Gardener Guy is on in which case I have a jolly good time)

The various choices in the Discovery networks including the Science Channel

The History Channel and the Military Channel

I mostly watch movies though, which many times are on DVD not television. In most cases many shows on television just irritate me at best. At least on the Weather Channel they play decent music every ten minutes.

segadreamcast
Dec 24, 2006, 12:00 AM
FUTURAMA, WRONG COAST(with mark hamill) 8 simple rules, SONICX ya thats about it.

wait!!!!!!! scooby-doo(the good one not the retarded shaggy and scooby-doo get a clue) andhey joel and the first 3 seasons of family guy(the new ones suck)

Moo2u
Dec 24, 2006, 02:02 PM
I don't know, this season of family guy still seems pretty hilarious (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ejb8sLgLqL0) to me.

PJ
Dec 24, 2006, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't worry about it Moo2u. Considering this person thinks Sonic X is good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Frankly, Family Guy just doesn't seem to get old. I think what they've mastered is reusing a joke well/spending too much time on a joke. The only time I think they messed that up was in the episode where Stewey became so attached to Lois, and they had him saying for like a minute, "Mom? Mom? Mom? Mommy? Mommy? Mommy?" So... painful...

So, uh, yeah, I watch Family Guy. That's pretty much it.