PDA

View Full Version : Out of curiosity, which class is most popular online?

Eum
Nov 25, 2002, 07:41 PM
I was just wondering. I see a lot of FOmar topics; are they really that popular?

Ian D
Nov 25, 2002, 08:21 PM
I don't think so, there's just some controversy(sp?) of if they are good or not.

Hayato_Kenzaki
Nov 25, 2002, 08:42 PM
I would say HUmar is the most popular class online.

Barubary6
Nov 25, 2002, 08:48 PM
Maybe I should do statistics of this. I could pretty easily record the class of every user I see automatically.

-- Barubary

Rhete
Nov 25, 2002, 08:54 PM
Any mar is and always will be the most popular

Barubary > That would be really cool if you did that

Sedyne
Nov 25, 2002, 09:03 PM
Yeah Barbuary. I'd love to see what really is the top choice classes. My guess is HUmars,RAmars,HUcasts. For top 3 that is.

Barubary6
Nov 25, 2002, 09:28 PM
Okay, my PC is logging every single character that I see in a lobby or team. This does include myself.

Here is what I'm recording for everyone I see:

- Name
- Class
- Section ID
- Level
- Guild card number

GC number is used *only* to eliminate duplicates (such as the many copies of myself), and *will* be kept confidential. Two characters are considered identical for my purposes (duplicate elimination) if the following are identical:

- Guild card number
- Name
- Class

This way, if you have multiple characters, possibly even with the same name, all your characters will be counted. Only if I see the same character twice will one be deleted from my list.

When the file gets big enough, I'll calculate averages.

-- Barubary

Barubary6
Nov 25, 2002, 09:30 PM
One more thing: I do count myself. Every time I join a lobby I'm added to the list. However, because of the duplicate elimination I'll do, all my entries will count as a single Pinkal FOmarl.

-- Barubary

Wonko
Nov 25, 2002, 09:35 PM
Hello! Happy first post to me. I'm Wonko. He he he. I'm a FoNewm. I'm not online yet, but I've been preparing. I'm level 50 now... and I found a weapon that wasn't in the rare item guide. Something called a Staff of PakuPaku. It's description said that it lulls chao. I think it's odd. I still need 100 MST (I have 500...) to use it. Just thought I'd mention that. Anyways, My friend has 2 characters, one a FoMar and one a HuCast. I don't understand why the mar's are so popular. Doesn't it make sense to have a character that can excel the most in it's calss?

Eum
Nov 25, 2002, 10:28 PM
I really appreciate it, Barubary. This should be interesting.

MilkManX
Nov 25, 2002, 10:42 PM
I see HUMars alot! Seems like Force users are more popular now than in the DC version also. I dont see alot of Android types. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

charr
Nov 28, 2002, 04:35 PM
I think HUmars are the most popular among the teen male users of PSO., that's why we see so many of them. Forces seem to be getting popular because a lot of PSO GC users are DC veterans and plan to be in for the long haul. At higher levels, Forces are truly a sight to behold, casting resta, reverser and huge blasting attacks while barely whittling away at their fluids. I might start a FOnewmn just to get to that point. Some of the true high level masters of the game I witnessed on DC were FOnewmn (they saved my ass over and over again against Falz and the others).

I think props are due to forces as well because they take the most patience to develop and play with, and they, without a doubt, save more lives than any other character class in the game.

RedFox
Nov 28, 2002, 04:44 PM
HUmar/FOmar are probably the most popular.

HUmars because n00bs will like them

FOmars because PSO vets will be curious as to what a FO is like (provided of course they havent used one before http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

DJ_Monkey
Nov 28, 2002, 09:54 PM
On 2002-11-25 18:28, Barubary6 wrote:
Okay, my PC is logging every single character that I see in a lobby or team. This does include myself.

Here is what I'm recording for everyone I see:

- Name
- Class
- Section ID
- Level
- Guild card number

GC number is used *only* to eliminate duplicates (such as the many copies of myself), and *will* be kept confidential. Two characters are considered identical for my purposes (duplicate elimination) if the following are identical:

- Guild card number
- Name
- Class

This way, if you have multiple characters, possibly even with the same name, all your characters will be counted. Only if I see the same character twice will one be deleted from my list.

When the file gets big enough, I'll calculate averages.

-- Barubary

So...uh...when will you be publishing this info? And you tell us the ratio of Sephiroths to Others(okay...more like Others:Sephiroths)? I am dying to see how that will turn out.

CorneliusPower
Nov 29, 2002, 12:07 AM
On 2002-11-28 13:44, RedFox wrote:
HUmar/FOmar are probably the most popular.

HUmars because n00bs will like them

FOmars because PSO vets will be curious as to what a FO is like (provided of course they havent used one before http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

Laff! I happen to be a DC vet and to tell you the truth I got my FOmarl to lvl 200 on the DC PSO. I also had a RAcaseal and a HUnewearl. I've NEVER played a MAR in my life till GC PSO. Well now I am one and hit lvl 84. I have to admit it was fairly easy to lvl with a HUmar than the above mentioned classes, but I resent the fact that you said,"HUmars because n00bs will like them" Sorry guy, I like HUmars and I'm no noob. I also have a lvl 89 RAmarl which is pretty tough, because really there isnt a reason anyone should use one, c'mon a RA that has the most TP. Well i'm gonna stick with her and my HUmar for a while, after that I will make a FOmar. Besides what the hell makes someone a noob? Bah!! My 2 cents, peace!

Toyzferall
Nov 29, 2002, 01:42 AM
Actually, RAmarls have the highest EVP in the game. That's a decent reason to play them. If you stay in the back, yer untouchable. HUmars are definately the most popular. Always have been, are now, and probably always will be. I dunno what the second would be... Although HUnewearls and RAmars are probably a close second. Speaking of RAmars... Those guys really are ninjas! I see high-level RAmars all the time, but they VERY VERY rarely ever play with me. For that matter, I almost never see them in any games... The amount of Sephiroths sickens me. And there's still the atrocious amount of DBZ characters. And I've seen about 5 different Nei's. And about three different Sniper Wolf's. The amount of HUcasts is a bit scary, to me. They weren't as popular as before. Then again, they've been amped up for GC. HUcasts keep cloning me, too. I'll change my look, play online, then three days later, at least 4 other HUcasts, both low and high levels, will look exactly like me. It's happened every time I've changed look, without fail. I've also noticed that there's WAY too many HUmars that have long white hair and wear black... Whether their name is sephiroth or not. And a lot of HUmars who have spiky white hair, and use the white and blue costume. Oh, and there's aldo WAY too many HUnewearls that have the red hose costume and have that one hairstyle, red. But enough about popular... Let's talk LEAST popular, hm? I'm not exactly sure which is the least used, but I've noticed a definate lack of RAcaseals, and any FOrce characters. Mostly FOnewms and FOnewearls.

IceBurner
Nov 29, 2002, 02:05 AM
The way I recall things, I see HUmars, HUnewearls, and RAmars the most often. There's also a fair amount of HUcasts and RAcasts but not quite so many as the first three. The classes I believe I see the least are FOnewearl, HUcaseal, and RAcaseal.

CrashCat
Nov 29, 2002, 07:11 AM
I made a really butt ugly HUcast and picked a less flashy color on my FOmarl, so I haven't run across any clones yet, but then I haven't been playing nearly enough. Definitely lots of white haired guys in black robes and definitely quite a few little girls with dresses and big guns...

RedFox
Nov 29, 2002, 08:00 AM
Besides what the hell makes someone a noob?

n00b= newcomer, generally newcomers DO exist, we were all n00bs at some point

Kupi
Nov 29, 2002, 09:11 AM
I beg to differ, RedFox. That's the definition of a newbie. We're all newbies at one point, but it's possible to be a newbie and not a n00b. n00bs do stupid things like begging for rares at level 1, trying to melee with a Force (without doing the requisite stat casting), and such idiocies. It's actually possible to have played a long time and still be a n00b due to the behavior. To recap:

Newbie: Level 1 Force, playing for the first time, flinging fireballs and at least making the attempt to stay out of the line of fire.

n00b: Level whatever Force, playing for who knows how long, getting surrounded by Boomas while trying to hit them with his cane and begging for rares.

MalambisBZ
Nov 29, 2002, 09:45 AM
From what i've seen, the most popular are as follows:
1. HUmar
2. HUcast
3. FOmar
4. RAmar
5. HUnewearl and FOnewearl
6. RAmarl

Exctinct. RAcaseal (I see more rare enemies than these.. too bad they don't drop rares http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)