PDA

View Full Version : section id's - common/rare items?

Soulchild
Feb 25, 2001, 03:34 PM
hey i need sumthing cleared up. someone posted this thing in another forum but nobody answers there anymore, so i'll ask about it here.

he was talking about section i.d.'s, and he said that a certain i.d. will have more of one item than another. here's his list:

VIRIDIA - [you] find shot-series weapons more, slicers are rare to find
GREENILL - rifles more, swords rare
SKYLY - swords more, mechguns rare
BLUEFULL - partisans more, wands rare
PURPLENUM - mechguns more, swords & partisans rare
PINKAL - wands more, rifles rare
REDRIA - armor & shields more, daggers rare
ORAN - daggers more, rods rare
YELLOWBOZE - more money (no rare items)
WHITILL - slicers more, shots rare

then he said:

"Whomever creates a team/game (online) takes the abilities of his/her SECTION ID into the game (along with his tekker, so if you are a hunter and find a ????sword don't take it to a tekker of someone in GREENILL's section ID (cause he'll probably say its a brand+3). Take it to a tekker in SKYLY's section ID (but if your section id is GREENILL and your a hunter your probably screwed offline) cause it may be a DB SABER+8!!!"

but does that make any sense? i thought it would be to take your ???items to a section i.d. that has a rare amount of them, therefore getting a more rare item. but he's saying you should take the ???item to an i.d. that has a lot of them.

so which is it? i dont wanna be wasting my ???items just so i can experiment on the right type of id. or is any of this even true?

any help appreciated, peace.

SeQrEt_1
Feb 25, 2001, 04:02 PM
Yes It's true. But on the other hand I don't really know cause when I was playing last night this guy was Orange. we both had rare items.. He found good stuff while I found DB Sabers and Varistas and Wands.. and he hosted the game.. i still got crap items...

I guess there is some truth to it.

Josh
Feb 25, 2001, 04:09 PM
I played a Redria game earlier and it was definitely armor and shields like u said, but there were also a very large amount of rare guns dropping, mostly varistas, visks, and crush bullets.

Soulchild
Feb 25, 2001, 04:22 PM
so if i find a ???sword, do i take it to a tekker in GREENILL or SKYLY to get a better item? that's where i'm confused.

Zephyr
Feb 25, 2001, 04:34 PM
So what exactly is the effect of taking it to a specific tekker? If you take a ???SPECIAL WEAPON??? with a blade icon to a SKYLY tekker it is more likely to be a Sword type rare and if you take it to a Oran tekker it's more likely to be a dagger type rare? Or is there more to it?... Does the game creator's hours played and level have an effect on anything?

BBMFttM
Feb 25, 2001, 05:56 PM
I thought the item was allready determined because if you look at the special item when it's still in it's ??? state it allready has stats. For example I had a meteor smash equiped and looked at the special item and it had the exact same stats so I knew it was a meteor smash. The spec items seem to reflect the section ID most of the time but the tekker doesn't change them. It's what you get when you picked it up. That's my understanding of the situation.

Deith
Feb 25, 2001, 06:00 PM
Yes, Tekker has nothing to do with what weapon u have only the Element. So say if i find a Double Saber but i dont know its a double just yet. you Can still Equip items when there not unidintified and what that shows is what weapon you have (Going to the tekker will not change this, and what i said before only the Element of the weapon would be changed by Difrent Tekkers)

Soulchild
Feb 25, 2001, 06:34 PM
ok, thanks a lot, peeps!
really helpful. this forum rocks! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

stovetop
Feb 26, 2001, 07:14 AM
hmmm.. I'm Bluefull and today I got a Flame Visit..
it was on offline mode, but according to that chart, I should have gotten a partisian-type weapon.. I can't even use the Flame Visit. hehe because it's a gun for rangers.
Maybe it's just because i got it from the Red Slime thing.. or does that chart not pertain to offline mode?

Arcadean
Feb 26, 2001, 07:25 AM
no partisans yet with Bluefill ID either.

Mistkerl_Zwo
Feb 26, 2001, 12:18 PM
My bluefill section id has found:

chainsawd
gae bolg
a ton of db sabers
a ton of varistas
a ton of visk's
a ton of blade dances
and so many freakn club of laconiums, it make me SICK.

Seutekh
Feb 26, 2001, 12:55 PM
Prolly not too much help, but here's a bit of what I've found as a Whitill.

The folloowing list only includes offline finds or online games I made or made by other Whitill players.

LOTS of materials... usually one or two a game. (unfortunately, half the time they're mind, useless to an android)

VISE out the wazoo... I started selling them to the shops.
A couple Justices.

Crush Bullets and Metoer Smashes... and visks.
(if it's a gun and I can't equip it, it's always one of these so far.)
Pretty plentiful, but not a nuisance yet.

The usual varistas, club of Lac., and DBs sabers (every other Special or more.)

Fire scepter: Anri or whatever.

And a smattering of (actually rare) rare items, altho so far I've found more wands/staves/canes than any other type of actual rare.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

At the shops I also occasionally have available:

Slicer of Assassin
Storm Wandhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gifWhatever?)
Diska of Braveman
(so far)

Zephyr
Feb 26, 2001, 01:33 PM
So let's say I have a ??? Raygun and I want it to be a GUSH raygun, would certain section ID's tekkers improve my chances? Maybe if it's alread a heart-series weapon VIRIDIA would hep it be GUSH?

lmc4lfe
Feb 26, 2001, 02:16 PM
Guys that was my original post and you took it out of context. The begining of the post was that every other type of item comes in it's regular interval. HOWEVER, there are 10 items unique to each section id. Therefore if you find a ???SPECIAL WEAPON it would be more beneficial to you to take that weapon to a skyly section id (cause skyly is an expert in sabers/swords) if you want a rare saber (if the special weapon is a saber you will know from the 3rd page of the item info). When I said that swords are rare, I meant that they don't happen to come up as often, not that they are a RARE ITEM. Hopefully that clarifies somethings...

Next time when you get a quote from someone post their names so that you can direct the info to that person. I hope that this helps you all. More info to follow when I find it out...

Soulchild
Feb 26, 2001, 07:52 PM
sorry if i took it out of context, i had no idea i was. i would have just straight up asked about it in STIXXX's message boards, but no one talks there anymore! what's up? i started posting on his boards (nickname - wiseboy), but no one was talking. also i didn't know that you're also in this forum, so i didn't bother with a name for the quote. i would have if i had known. its cool you're here tho! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Narusegawa
Feb 27, 2001, 05:30 AM
I'm confused about the system of tekkers and stuff... I recently picked up an unidentified weapon and looked at the stats. I then took it to my tekker, and it told me it was like one type of weapon. I refused to believe the tekker, and tried again by accident. This time the tekker told me something else.. (same tekker in the space of 5 seconds) I said yes to believe the guy, and the stats were different on the weapon than when I found it.

Has this happened to anyone else?

sengson
Feb 27, 2001, 07:57 AM
i'm kinda confuse here. what are you trying to
say is the kind of weapon will vary as in saber
to partistan to sword to a dagger if u have a
special weapon sword type item to be
identified at different tekker?