PDA

View Full Version : DNS error...

Kei-Z
Dec 21, 2006, 06:22 PM
I can't connect for some reason. I keep gettin' a message about a DNS error...I've never had this problem before and even played earlier today with no problem. Does anyone know what to do about this?

Sinue_v2
Dec 21, 2006, 06:29 PM
Well you have to ask yourself - what have you changed in your network configuration since the time it worked and the time it didn't.

If you haven't changed anything - I would recommend just powercycling the network or resetting whatever device you're using for ICS if you happen to be using that.

I had a "Cannot find DNS server" only once - and it was just as simple to solve as backing out to the main menu and trying again.

This may or may not solve your problem - but it's a good idea to try doing that just for good measure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-12-21 15:31 ]</font>

Kesena1Tsum1
Dec 21, 2006, 06:49 PM
I used to get this error alot... The only way i fixed it was I went out and bought a New Router it had something to do with the fact that my Router didnt have a OVER-G or something like that... In which case in english meant it couldnt handle alot of computers/xbox's online at the same time cuz it was old... But try unplugging your router/modem to renew your IP.. That might fix it.

Sinue_v2
Dec 21, 2006, 07:09 PM
But try unplugging your router/modem to renew your IP.. That might fix it.

I.E. Powercycling. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

At the very least it will help narrow down the source of the problem. If that doesn't work - you could always try to network your PS2 to a PC in order to use ICS (if you don't already). At least that will give you access to an ipconfig or similar utility where you can do some real troubleshooting.