PDA

View Full Version : Red Slimes?

yomommas_mom
Dec 22, 2006, 06:49 AM
I've been trying to find some red slimes for a demolition comet and a cure/shock, but cant find any... I also cant figure out how to make the blue slimes split in half. whats the fastest way to find a red slime?

rena-ko
Dec 22, 2006, 06:59 AM
there is a quest with two blue slimes in a room. you can split that one into a total of 8 slimes.

splitting goes like that:
-hit it with third hit of a combo
-hit it with some tech - i think its barta or foie, dont know anymore.

for the combo thing, your best bet is some handgun with a special. leave that gun untekkered! the special wont work and ensure you a miss. then combo on the slimes: special-special-normal. that will ensure you a hit on third attack -> split.

if you wanna pipe that room (resetting the slimes to initial state to re-randomize their rarity by setting a telepipe, leave and reenter the room) you'll have to make sure that you dont kill any one of them. even if you manage to split the new 2 initial slimes into 8, the one you killed wont drop anything as it has dropped already (or not) in the moment you killed it the first time. so if you luck out on a red slime, and killed that already in a previous setting, then you wont get a drop from it.

take in account: if you cancel the quest and restart it, their drop-status gets restarted too.

oh and... piping for rare enemies only works offline, in case you wondered.

DarthJeeba
Dec 22, 2006, 07:15 AM
I think its Gibarta and Rabarta, but I am not sure.

I used my Hucaseal to pipe slimes, so personally I used a untekked mechgun to split them

the third hit of mechgun can split a slime twice

rena-ko
Dec 22, 2006, 08:11 AM
good idea. ah yeah, with a mech, the third hit could kill a slime on ult, so use an unground green-photon ver of it - with 50 hit - and unequip your mag / pow units. or else you gonna have to quit the quest and get back to that room more often that it would be profitable.

take in account tho, we got many reports over the years that excessive piping killed people's diskdrives (on cube and so on). do that on your own risk.

Roy-Mustang
Dec 22, 2006, 01:11 PM
I prefer the surprise surprise!! doing runs instead of piping, it feels a lot better.

Kuroi_Ryoken
Dec 22, 2006, 01:26 PM
Quest that have 2 Slimes in the same room are: "Soul of a Blacksmith" and "Addicting Foods".

To make a Slime split, simply find a ????weapon (i.e: ????shot), and shoot at it with the SPECIAL ATTACK. You will always miss. Do this 2x and on the 3rd hit, hit the slime with a regular attack, then the slime should split. A Pouilly Slime can only be split up to 4 Slimes.

For DEMOLITION COMET, you should try to find a Mil Lily, your REDRIA RAcast , in the quest, "Addicting Foods".

Good luck!

Out_Kast
Dec 22, 2006, 01:27 PM
And it saves your GC. And you also get the experience. And more of a chance to find Rares/Counterparts.