PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do anymore.

Kanore
Dec 22, 2006, 01:02 PM
I feel like I've been robbed of $90 from both buying the game and a 6 month subscription. PSU's a good game and all, but it feels ruined and tainted for me.
Hell, I recently found out that a person I got into the game associates with dupers and hackers. As a below 40, he was able to acquire alot of money and several A rank weapons. He even landed a Mayrod onto my lap, having lied to me, saying that he got all his money and stuff from 'people that quit'. Whatever.

How am I supposed to enjoy this game anymore? Money is THE number one driving force of EVERYTHING in this game, and duping it killed it. There's no fun in it when people walk into the game with easily earned A ranks, while people like me who have no chance of getting them due to issues WITH money, can't? It feels like walking into a PSO game handling a Last Survivor as your strongest weapon, then having some random guy 20 levels below you join with a good looking MAG destroy everything in one shot with a TJ sword.

What is there to do? It was going uphill last week... All uphill. Now it's back to where it started, and my pessimistic topics outweigh anything optimistic that I may have thought of before it started crashing down.

JAFO22000
Dec 22, 2006, 01:06 PM
that sucks. I would suggest trying to find a group of true legit players to hang around. Other than that, it seems that you're worried about other people having better equipment/weapons than you. Well, just let them have it. You will know that they have not earned said weapons and that they aren't legit.

PJ
Dec 22, 2006, 01:08 PM
I suggest making real friends, then stop playing random games.

Realmz
Dec 22, 2006, 01:09 PM
find a legit group of friends and group with them, i'd suggest joining in on any and all PSO-W activities to get some cards.

but if all else fails

can i have your stuff?

Schubalts
Dec 22, 2006, 01:10 PM
Meh, everybody knows something that knows cheaters.

Kanore
Dec 22, 2006, 01:11 PM
On 2006-12-22 10:08, PJ wrote:
I suggest making real friends, then stop playing random games.

I meet people through random games.

CupOfCoffee
Dec 22, 2006, 01:11 PM
Well, unfortunately, it came as no surprise to most of us when PSU began following in PSO's ill-fated footsteps, being overtaken by duping and the like. In all past versions, the players that could tolerate it kept playing and made the best of things. The ones who were fed up quit. The rest kept cheating.

If you can manage to find a good steady group of friends to play with, it would probably make for the richest PSU experience to be had anywhere, dupes or no. I hate to say it this way, but I can see PSU's economy doing nothing in the future but joining PSO's in knocking on death's door. Since you joined in early 2003, you must've been a PSO fan at some point--what did you do to keep the game alive when joining random teams was no longer a viable option and the rare economy completely tanked?

Kanore
Dec 22, 2006, 01:13 PM
On 2006-12-22 10:11, CupOfCoffee wrote:
Since you joined in early 2003, you must've been a PSO fan at some point--what did you do to keep the game alive when joining random teams was no longer a viable option and the rare economy completely tanked?

I was younger, more unreasonable, PSO was my first online game, I had about 4 or so dupes that I used on GC, and put myself into thinking that I wasn't.

Merumeru
Dec 22, 2006, 01:13 PM
XD yah we're haxxed, o well, whats important is you just find your reason to keep playing and do so, otherwise, the argue that 'the world is unfair' sadly applies not just to games, but to everything >P

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 22, 2006, 01:19 PM
if that has ruined your game experience, I'd say you never truly enjoyed it in the first place. I honestly don't give a crap about the hackers, it hasn't ruined my fun at all. I play with friends, and people I met through the game, and help beginners with the early missions. I was level 50 before the update, but I'm only 54 now, and only level 2 in my class. I find the people that play too much and sit there and grind, enjoy the game far less, than the people that just go around having fun, and level when they level.

THE JACKEL

OPM
Dec 22, 2006, 01:27 PM
Dear jesus, if you are going to be constantly so emo about this game, just quit.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 22, 2006, 01:27 PM
I don't care. dupers or not, I'll keep playing the game cuz I want to. Hopefully, others will stay and ignore the hackers and enjoy the game as well.

panzer_unit
Dec 22, 2006, 01:30 PM
On 2006-12-22 10:27, OPM wrote:
Dear jesus, if you are going to be constantly so emo about this game, just quit.

Is it breakfast time? 'cause you're making roffles.

mogshaz
Dec 22, 2006, 01:32 PM
On 2006-12-22 10:27, OPM wrote:

yeah, most of the population already did that, but telling more people to leave is helpful too.

Mystil
Dec 22, 2006, 02:21 PM
^LOL

Kanore, man just don't worry about other players.