PDA

View Full Version : Girls on PSu

Pages : 1 [2]

LadyMoon
Jan 9, 2007, 11:15 PM
I am a girl and play this game, I have played other mmorpgs as well but for now this is the one I will be one. I play on the ps2.

PlayNSkillz
Jan 10, 2007, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I'd bet that about 40% of the female characters on PSU are actually guys. It kinda weirds me out...I don't know why a lot of guys like to play as girls and quite frankly....I don't care to find out. Seriously, sometimes people take these games too far. You know, playing as a girl when you're a guy is alright to a certain extent, but going so far as to beat off to your character...yeah. >_<

There are girls that do play games out there though. I myself have only ran into a handful of girls online. Some of them have mad skills too. Not too long ago I played a ranked match of Gears with a girl on the opposing team....I think she had a crush on me....got chain-sawed, blown apart, and pistol whipped the most by her. Now that was was sexy.

VanHalen
Jan 10, 2007, 12:44 AM
On 2007-01-09 21:40, PlayNSkillz wrote:
Yeah, I'd bet that about 40% of the female characters on PSU are actually guys. It kinda weirds me out...I don't know why a lot of guys like to play as girls and quite frankly....I don't care to find out. Seriously, sometimes people take these games too far. You know, playing as a girl when you're a guy is alright to a certain extent, but going so far as to beat off to your character...yeah. >_<

There are girls that do play games out there though. I myself have only ran into a handful of girls online. Some of them have mad skills too. Not too long ago I played a ranked match of Gears with a girl on the opposing team....I think she had a crush on me....got chain-sawed, blown apart, and pistol whipped the most by her. Now that was was sexy.

thats not sexy thats painful lmao well there was this time this girl demoslished me in metriod prime hunters for DS. and this other in mario kart DS close race but i still won in the end add that loss to your 687 winning streak ha!

Kimil
Jan 10, 2007, 12:47 AM
I only play as a girl character, because I started hating my main (a newMANforce)
Chiyoko was my alternate, then she became my main *shrugs*

PlayNSkillz
Jan 10, 2007, 12:55 AM
See, that's a good, justifiable reason there Kimil. Now making a female character to rub one out and/or to annoy the hell out of the confused male players is not.

And oh believe me Van Halen, it was sexy. There was a connection established there the moment we engaged in a shotgun duel. Haha, not too often you find a girl that can kick your ass at generally a "guys'" game. I love it when I come across that though. Competitive girls drive me crazy, in a good way though.

VanHalen
Jan 10, 2007, 01:01 AM
On 2007-01-09 21:55, PlayNSkillz wrote:
See, that's a good, justifiable reason there Kimil. Now making a female character to rub one out and/or to annoy the hell out of the confused male players is not.

And oh believe me Van Halen, it was sexy. There was a connection established there the moment we engaged in a shotgun duel. Haha, not too often you find a girl that can kick your ass at generally a "guys'" game. I love it when I come across that though. Competitive girls drive me crazy, in a good way though.

i know what you mean man that fire and competiveness is great well to an extent cause theres this one girl who use to go to my school who was more dude than me lol. i remember one kid wantec to meet my sister cause she beat me once in PSO(she still brags about today it was one win damnit), and she plays alot of fighting games but she's 14 then they get discouraged and walk away.

Kimil
Jan 10, 2007, 01:04 AM
Actually, it IS fun confusing the hell out of ppl, no joke http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
But I wanted to make a beast Wartecher, and fembeast have bettern stats towards forces

PlayNSkillz
Jan 10, 2007, 01:17 AM
On 2007-01-09 22:01, VanHalen wrote:

i know what you mean man that fire and competiveness is great well to an extent cause theres this one girl who use to go to my school who was more dude than me lol. i remember one kid wantec to meet my sister cause she beat me once in PSO(she still brags about today it was one win damnit), and she plays alot of fighting games but she's 14 then they get discouraged and walk away.

Lol, yeah. With all these hardcore girls starting to get into gaming (clans like the FragDolls and PMS) I think I've found a new kind of respect for women. It isn't that much male-dominated anymore.

And I forgot about the whole gender stat factor Another good reason to go cross-gendering. Just take it easy on the confusing people, lol, k?

VanHalen
Jan 10, 2007, 01:21 AM
[/quote] Lol, yeah. With all these hardcore girls starting to get into gaming (clans like the FragDolls and PMS) I think I've found a new kind of respect for women. It isn't that much male-dominated anymore.

And I forgot about the whole gender stat factor Another good reason to go cross-gendering. Just take it easy on the confusing people, lol, k?

[/quote]
yeah i really dont care the gender of the person im playing with girl or guy as long as we have fun killing mad cows(koltova) who really cares http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. but the cross gender thing is kinda funny cause this cast was trying to find a wife and this girl character said "what if i told you i was a guy?". ahh i laughed so hard.

PlayNSkillz
Jan 10, 2007, 01:27 AM
Haha, mad cows...I'm gonna start calling 'em that.

And I swear, not a day goes by where you don't find some kind of crazy situation in PSU. Dudes beings chicks, chicks being dudes, CASTs getting married, streakin in the main lobbies, dice games and booty shaking in Gawik's Pub, mad cow slaughtering, dance groups in front of the Parum Flyer Base.....the list goes on.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

Siertes
Jan 10, 2007, 01:51 AM
Ah, girls on an online RPG. Every losers a.k.a my dream.

We seem to have this silly notion that just because a girl plays an online game it magically makes her obtainable as a friend or perhaps more. The fact is she's still a human, still a girl, still wont like you.

It's not sad: It's nature. You can't beat nature. In Soviet Russia, hell no matter where you are, nature beats you.

BloodDragoon
Jan 10, 2007, 01:52 AM
Male, Female, makes no difference to me in a PvP environment. In the end they're all victims. >:3

PlayNSkillz
Jan 10, 2007, 03:49 AM
On 2007-01-09 22:51, Siertes wrote:
Ah, girls on an online RPG. Every losers a.k.a my dream.

We seem to have this silly notion that just because a girl plays an online game it magically makes her obtainable as a friend or perhaps more. The fact is she's still a human, still a girl, still wont like you.

It's not sad: It's nature. You can't beat nature. In Soviet Russia, hell no matter where you are, nature beats you.

Man, keep your notions to yourself, lol.

I bet I, or any of these other lady killers here can prove you wrong. Give me a Friday night, PSU, Universe 15, Neudaiz, and we'll see whats what. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Syntheticka
Jan 10, 2007, 05:35 AM
I, for one, am a female who plays a female Newman on the PC version of PSU. Most of the time I just avoid bringing up my gender in conversations, simply because a lot of the guys I've played with in the past have acted different towards me just because I'm female. We'll be having a good conversation, things will be fun, and then all of a sudden when they find out I'm female, a lot of people feel like they have to flirt or impress me. It gets old really quick.

I've met a couple of other girls on PSU that are some of my favorite people to level with. And there are a few people that can tolerate the nonsense that I end up spewing sometimes when I'm insomniated and playing around. Then there are the times that there are people who give me a hell of a lot of shit saying that I must be a fat/ugly chick because girls don't play video games. Some things never cease to surprise me.

Dyssaan
Jan 10, 2007, 08:05 AM
Guy to other guy: "wow man, foie on a fire monster, man u suck (everyone laughs)"
chick comes in: "suck? yeah i like to suck!" "wanna f**k sumtime?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh and just case you are wondering.. what he said above? yeah.. THAT never happened. I'd bet my life on it. It is however a perfect example of why girls on PSU often feel the need to hide their genders rather than deal with morons like this.

How about you just don't be an idiot, regardless of gender.. Oh and if you're ever in one of my parties and you tell some noob they "suck" instead of offering helpful advice? I'll boot your ass so fast your head will spin. boy, girl, doesn't matter. It's a GAME. It doesn't make you king of the world to know the advantages of elemental attacks. Get over yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dyssaan on 2007-01-10 05:32 ]</font>

Collar
Jan 10, 2007, 08:29 AM
"Let's be honest. The only reason someone questions another about their gender when concerned with a female character is for one of two things.

1.) Knock some virtual boots.
2.) Thinks they have a chance in a real relationship, (with some bootknocking at the end there, too).

That's human nature for ya. Homophobia and/or sexual insecurity tends to bring about the question, and if the answer doesn't match the expected, the questioner often blows up in that person's face. It's really silly, though, when you consider the reasons for the question. It's a good part of the reason the 'R U 4 SECKSES CHAT?' thing came around.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are a couple other reasons one might ask as well, though I can't think of them off of the top of my head. Curiosity doesn't really count, though, imo, simply because curiosity always has a reason.

Females, on the other hand, usually often only ask other female characters their real gender when they plan on doing some of that gossiping. Yeah, you know the kind. And, even if the answer doesn't meet the expected, often times the nature of the response can still lead to doing it anyway - plus the guy might just end up feeling slightly more comfortable in his position through the character that is questioned.

Males often play females online due to the insecurities they harbor regarding gender association, or sexuality. It's a lot easier to express feminimity to people you don't know, through anonymity.

Females often play males online, (though seemingly less thereof), to express masculinity and control of which they may feel they lack in the real world. Anonymity helps here as well as it eliminates the associations to 'weaknesses' that could harbor in a female persona.

There are exceptions to the rule in every case, and it's so downright confusing at times that it just isn't worth the effort.

So just let it be, and play the game and enjoy it for what it is, instead of wondering if 'LOL_2_CUTE_4_U' is up for some bootyslappin'.

It just causes drama in the long run, and nobody likes teh' drama, k?

Chloe1987
Jan 10, 2007, 09:09 AM
Aye, i know what you mean. I have played online with a girls as well (clamied to be) it was cool. Hey we should all meet up have and have ' a girly night in ' lol.

twysted
Jan 10, 2007, 10:04 AM
my wife plays all the time

Thrash777
Jan 10, 2007, 10:23 AM
I often go around looking at people's gamercards to see if they are UK... and one time I was in the GRM shop, uni 1, and I found someone.

She was a girl, cos she said so on her gamercard. So I just sent my card to her cos she's UK. She obviously thought I was stalking her or something, cos she immediately went ape **** on my ass as if I had just killed her dog or something.

Her PSU name was Patch, and her GT is Patch360. I tried to calm her, but wasn't having any of it, lol. So I just left saying sorry... sorry that I didn't know what I'd done wrong! lol

Ah well, twas funny, I didn't know what to say. Besides, it's not as if I'm gonna know her address, name, phone number!!! Maybe it was just time of the month... <_< http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Another time I was playing with one of my friends (PHOENIX), and then he said that he wasn't actually playing, and that he had the mic, but his wife was actually playing his character. I could hear her now and then, the laughter gave it away, lol

Chloe1987
Jan 10, 2007, 10:28 AM
Yea to be honest you get people going ,-Ow {character name} is hot- and its usually guy charas saying to girls, but on the old pso i actually like having a guy character because no one bothers you, and the girls that 'hit on it' were most probably men. LOL i dont give my card out hardly except i did to this one guy and he starts tellin me how hot he is and ALL the girls wanna have sex with him - erm ok.

PlayNSkillz
Jan 10, 2007, 10:35 AM
Lol, "knock some virtual boots"

Guess I never really thought of it that way. If I were a female and wanted to play online, but I had to be surrounded by weird guys that want to rape my character, then I'd hide too.

I, for one, am a female who plays a female Newman on the PC version of PSU. Most of the time I just avoid bringing up my gender in conversations, simply because a lot of the guys I've played with in the past have acted different towards me just because I'm female. We'll be having a good conversation, things will be fun, and then all of a sudden when they find out I'm female, a lot of people feel like they have to flirt or impress me. It gets old really quick. And I hate that. I guess some guys are still acting like their preteen selves, feeling a compulsive need to prove themselves and flirt. Shows some real immaturity. Most of them probably act like that 'cause they don't even talk to girls in RL at all, so they have to in PSU or in some other game.

Akaimizu
Jan 10, 2007, 10:37 AM
The whole situation never makes things easy for some people. Some experiences generally leave people extra sensitive, ready to fly off the handle at a moment's notice. On the other hand, you sort of have to deal with the collective group of different mentals out there, in an environment that brings so many people together.

Generally, I never take anything (cards, friend invites) unless I know them, had a good time partying with them, etc. But I generally don't crazy on anybody. I'm just here to have fun. If someone starts simply acting out of line (no matter who they are), I avoid them. Plain and simple.

For me, I'm here to Dungeon Crawl and have a good time. I also love playing characters of various designs (as long as they're unusual). I just figure that other folk are here to do the same thing. People just need to think of people as people and be done with it.

Anyway. Let's go out there and kill some monsters, people!!! Because........well.......they're ASKING for it!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-10 07:38 ]</font>

Thrash777
Jan 10, 2007, 10:40 AM
You can have more fun with people you get to know when you have their cards... I know I do. I always bring up embarressing moments that some of the guys I play with had! You get first choice of stuff in their shops. You can always party with them.

It's hard building a new relationship with some random online each time you enter a new party... there is no communication...

I play this game with a strong sense of community in mind. I like getting to know people. I like helping out people. I like having a laugh with people.

And some people may view that as intrusive, weird, or pointless. That's their opinion, and it's fine with me.

We all play the game our way, cos everyone has their own way of enjoying it. And sometimes that conflicts with other people's views of enjoyment... but that's life! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wow, where did that come from? lol

Akaimizu
Jan 10, 2007, 10:43 AM
Really, no communication in a party, and you're playing on the 360 even? Hmm. Strange. I guess I've been lucky. I'm generally in groups that chat, strategize, and everything. We've often ran with open parties doing stuff like A/S runs. Though lately, they've been filling up. A lot of people going for that stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-10 07:43 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Jan 10, 2007, 01:30 PM
Chat to strategize?

Sorry I'm a spoiled FFXI player that parties with Japanese players most the time and expects everyone to know exactly what their role is in the group without having to be told... >.>

As for people treating women different in video games, some of it may be caused by the person's interaction with women IRL. My case I've known a large number of girls that really ended up becoming one of the "guys" and would just hang out and do stuff with us.

However another person could have grown up meeting mostly premadonna valley girls and their outlook on women could be drastically different because of it.

Akaimizu
Jan 10, 2007, 01:34 PM
Yep. PSU is not like FFXI in the way that many mixed parties, with mixed expert classes (Not forte expert classes), actually allow realtime role-changing while you play. And even with other classes, we might mention what we're trying to raise and what level we have something at. A little chat among us, goes a long way, to make things easier to juggle. It's not like we spend a lot of time doing it. Just a quick agreement on who covers what. It even comes up when multiple technique chuckers are in the party, at times. Nothing like the 1-single *select these moves in this order* combat per chosen class combo in FFXI. Of course, I didn't have to speak up when I'm playing a Thief main, or a Monk main, or a White Mage main. I simply did the same set of moves every fight, at the exact same times needed.

The rest of the time spoken, is in good fun, or just sharing some good knowledge; we learned, while playing the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-10 11:00 ]</font>

Sychosis
Jan 10, 2007, 01:57 PM
Thrash you liar! You're always busy duoing with Isobel in locked games!

It's her magic apron! Isn't it?!

Ryoki
Jan 10, 2007, 02:22 PM
Lol, I thought this topic died long ago.

Rashiid
Jan 10, 2007, 02:39 PM
/ending topic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Palefire
Jan 10, 2007, 05:29 PM
On 2007-01-10 11:22, Ryoki wrote:

Not with this much win in a single thread. The last time I was this entertained was when my husband, my brother, (who plays a smartass male CAST, BTW) and I were trading one-liners with the special effect speech bubbles in Grove of Fanatics.

VanHalen
Jan 10, 2007, 06:14 PM
On 2007-01-10 14:29, Palefire wrote:

On 2007-01-10 11:22, Ryoki wrote:

my brother, (who plays a smartass male CAST, BTW)

is he on PC/PS2 and is he a fortefighter CAST that calls humans, and newmans meatbags? and does he call small cast trashcans? cause if that was him tell him that my newman wants to know if he learned tolerance of other races yet.

soolayah
Jan 10, 2007, 06:29 PM
i'm a girl, and i play as both male and female characters, mostly because of stats, but if it doesn't really matter i usually pick a female, dunno why really.

on psu i have a female newman force main, and a male beast hunter.
i created the hunter for the swimsuits though. something just seems really hilarious about running around in swimming trunks for combat. bikinis are just boring.
i don't get any questions about my sex anymore either since i started playing more with my hunter than my force, though it didn't happen often enough to matter anyway.

Siertes
Jan 10, 2007, 06:37 PM
I've actually played with a Cast who kept calling everyone else meatbags. Can't remember his name though.

VanHalen
Jan 10, 2007, 06:39 PM
On 2007-01-10 15:37, Siertes wrote:
I've actually played with a Cast who kept calling everyone else meatbags. Can't remember his name though.

did he have a human face with a ponytail? black body and gray skin? its funny i met him on Parum home of the racist androids.

EDIT: yes i admit im that much of a loser to remember how he looked lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-01-10 15:42 ]</font>

Siertes
Jan 10, 2007, 06:43 PM
I honestly didn't pay much attention to him. A female newman in the party argued with him about tolerance or something. I believe it was on Parum but I didn't stay with that group long.

chrisy05
Jan 10, 2007, 06:46 PM
well its gratifying to know that the psu comunity, at the very least, has a small "normal" population. Just when i thought i've lost all faith in humanity or more specific, our dying mature male gender... I've honestly seen many 13 (and younger) year old boys who don't behave anywhere near as disturbenly as some guys and gals have described here...

VanHalen
Jan 10, 2007, 06:47 PM
oh well i find him again and see if he learned tolerance yet.

Maridia
Jan 10, 2007, 07:32 PM
Haha, I saw a post that said that probably 40% of female characters are actually men. Try 70 or something. XD

And about the whole hiding your gender thing. While people CAN be retards when they find out you're a girl, I've always never had a problem with it getting out. I'm PROUD that I'm a female gamer. Games are my friggin life. And I'm proud that I'm one of the female characters out there that's actually got a girl on the other end of it. Don't hide in your shells, ladies. Be proud, and if guys act like idiots, laugh at them and tell them not to be stupid.

Or use them for free stuff if they're dumb enough to start trying to throw presents at you. Seriously, what's up with guys in MMOs and showering women in presents? I have friends who specifically play girls in MMOs just to giggle and get presents. <_<

I guess the moral of the story is this: Men are silly. Lolz. But we still love them.

You know, I'm all over the place in Uni 15 and I never see ANYBODY from PSOW. Maybe I just have bad timing. I'd like to meet a lot of people from here sometime. It's good to play together. (lawls xbawks) note: I'm on PS2 if I forgot to mention it before XD

-Shimarisu-
Jan 10, 2007, 07:49 PM

I don't really see why not, if guys want to feel all horny about their characters I can pretty much identify with that anyway. I don't "rub one out" over them but I am very much the type to get stuck on walls a lot and I made all my characters for something nice to look at.

I spend a GOOD amount of time perving at my chars. I'm happily married, so it's just fantasy. My husband has SEEN me perving at my chars, and makes fun of it. He had a 7 foot high Amazonian caseal on PC JP that he took loads of pervy shots of and uploaded to some website - I'm scared to ask him if he really takes it seriously, because if he said no I'd feel a bit of a loser really. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Saito S
Jan 10, 2007, 07:59 PM
On many different days, many different posters wrote:
lots of interesting stuff

And far too much stuff for me to comment on any of it individually...but it's been an entertaining read. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
I'm a guy and I play a male Cast and a female Human. I do often find myself choosing female characters in fighting games and such, and altho my Cast is male, that's mainly due to the fact that he is sort of based on a set of characters I had on PSO; his gender, class, and general look were basically already decided before I even bought the game. In pencil and paper RPG's I tend to create female characters more often too.

Why is this? I'm not insecure about anything...lol. Basically, in sci-fi and fantasy, historically, the guys get the big roles. Even if the girl is not a helpless damsel in distress, the chances of her actually being the main character who saves the day are slim. This I have found to be generally the case in movies, books, anime, video games... As a sci-fi writer myself, I guess I'm just tired of that. It's stale. The idea of the girl being the hero always just seemed really cool to me. So I tend to gravitate towards the girl being the one who has the biggest role in the story.
Besides, having a male lead who is a cool character, has strength enough to save the world yet weaknesses to keep him interesting, is all well and good...but instead, I can have a female lead who is all that and cute, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm kidding. Partly. Maybe.

Anyway, I can think of three girls who play PSU right off the bat: my gf, my sister, and one of our best friends online (not someone any of us knows in rl, someone we originally met back on PSO). I think it's great that more girls are getting into gaming, and are good at it, too. I remember one time (this is turning into a Wall of Text! AHHH!!) my gf and I were at a friends place...there were like 10 or 12 people there at the time, several of whom we had never even met before. Well, after a while Soul Calibur 3 was turned on. I played, some of the other guys played...it was like a big loser-hands-off-the-controller tourney with 6 or 7 people. After several rounds, my gf gets the controller. Naturally, her opponent asks her, "Oh...have you played this game before?" You could tell from the tone that he was assuming she wasn't a gamer. She just said yeah, she's played it before, but didn't elaborate. I decided not to say anything.
As it happens, my gf is a gamer, just as much as I am, and is excellent at SC. A fact that became apparant to the rest of the room when she smoked the guy, and the controller didn't leave her hands for at least 4 or 5 matches after that. It was AWESOME. I think she delivered some crushing blows to an ego or two that night. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

It annoys the hell out of me when I see a girl (who is a real girl, not just a girl character) being constantly harassed by a bunch of morons. I mean, yes, girls are cute, and a girl who is a gamer is "hawt". This is not in dispute. But that doesn't mean you have to follow them around, constantly asking for their phone number or if they wanna cyber or making lewd comments or... etc, etc. Maybe some of these guys don't have any real life friends who are girls, I don't know...but whatever the reason, there are a lot of immature people out there.

-Worf: Captain, the Wall of Text is armed and ready.
-Picard: Mr. Worf, FIRE!
*wall of text torpedoes into forum* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Gojin
Jan 10, 2007, 08:17 PM
On 2007-01-10 16:32, Maridia wrote:
Haha, I saw a post that said that probably 40% of female characters are actually men. Try 70 or something. XD

And about the whole hiding your gender thing. While people CAN be retards when they find out you're a girl, I've always never had a problem with it getting out. I'm PROUD that I'm a female gamer. Games are my friggin life. And I'm proud that I'm one of the female characters out there that's actually got a girl on the other end of it. Don't hide in your shells, ladies. Be proud, and if guys act like idiots, laugh at them and tell them not to be stupid.

Or use them for free stuff if they're dumb enough to start trying to throw presents at you. Seriously, what's up with guys in MMOs and showering women in presents? I have friends who specifically play girls in MMOs just to giggle and get presents. <_<

I guess the moral of the story is this: Men are silly. Lolz. But we still love them.

You know, I'm all over the place in Uni 15 and I never see ANYBODY from PSOW. Maybe I just have bad timing. I'd like to meet a lot of people from here sometime. It's good to play together. (lawls xbawks) note: I'm on PS2 if I forgot to mention it before XD

pic plz

MayLee
Jan 10, 2007, 08:21 PM
Some dude: MayLee..Are you a girl or some young boy?

Me:...What kind of question is that? I'm a girl..do I really sound like a boy? o.o

Some dude: A real life girl here?!

Some other dude in a mission: I love girls, girls, girls, girls I do adore..Put your numba on this paper cause I would love to date ya---

Me:...Good lord, help me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Thrash777
Jan 10, 2007, 08:23 PM
On 2007-01-10 10:57, Sychosis wrote:
Thrash you liar! You're always busy duoing with Isobel in locked games!

It's her magic apron! Isn't it?!

lol, I know him in RL, as well as my bro, Heavy Arms. We always have a laugh together, cos we all know each other so well, hehe.

Cav
Jan 10, 2007, 08:24 PM
On 2007-01-10 17:21, MayLee wrote:

Me:...What kind of question is that? I'm a girl..do I really sound like a boy? o.o

Some other dude in a mission: I love girls, girls, girls, girls I do adore..Put your numba on this paper cause I would love to date ya---

Me:...Good lord, help me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

if you have any male friends, give their phone number to these people kekeke <.<

chrisy05
Jan 10, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-01-10 16:59, Blue_Flame wrote:

On many different days, many different posters wrote:
lots of interesting stuff

And far too much stuff for me to comment on any of it individually...but it's been an entertaining read. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
I'm a guy and I play a male Cast and a female Human. I do often find myself choosing female characters in fighting games and such, and altho my Cast is male, that's mainly due to the fact that he is sort of based on a set of characters I had on PSO; his gender, class, and general look were basically already decided before I even bought the game. In pencil and paper RPG's I tend to create female characters more often too.

Why is this? I'm not insecure about anything...lol. Basically, in sci-fi and fantasy, historically, the guys get the big roles. Even if the girl is not a helpless damsel in distress, the chances of her actually being the main character who saves the day are slim. This I have found to be generally the case in movies, books, anime, video games... As a sci-fi writer myself, I guess I'm just tired of that. It's stale. The idea of the girl being the hero always just seemed really cool to me. So I tend to gravitate towards the girl being the one who has the biggest role in the story.
Besides, having a male lead who is a cool character, has strength enough to save the world yet weaknesses to keep him interesting, is all well and good...but instead, I can have a female lead who is all that and cute, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm kidding. Partly. Maybe.

Anyway, I can think of three girls who play PSU right off the bat: my gf, my sister, and one of our best friends online (not someone any of us knows in rl, someone we originally met back on PSO). I think it's great that more girls are getting into gaming, and are good at it, too. I remember one time (this is turning into a Wall of Text! AHHH!!) my gf and I were at a friends place...there were like 10 or 12 people there at the time, several of whom we had never even met before. Well, after a while Soul Calibur 3 was turned on. I played, some of the other guys played...it was like a big loser-hands-off-the-controller tourney with 6 or 7 people. After several rounds, my gf gets the controller. Naturally, her opponent asks her, "Oh...have you played this game before?" You could tell from the tone that he was assuming she wasn't a gamer. She just said yeah, she's played it before, but didn't elaborate. I decided not to say anything.
As it happens, my gf is a gamer, just as much as I am, and is excellent at SC. A fact that became apparant to the rest of the room when she smoked the guy, and the controller didn't leave her hands for at least 4 or 5 matches after that. It was AWESOME. I think she delivered some crushing blows to an ego or two that night. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

It annoys the hell out of me when I see a girl (who is a real girl, not just a girl character) being constantly harassed by a bunch of morons. I mean, yes, girls are cute, and a girl who is a gamer is "hawt". This is not in dispute. But that doesn't mean you have to follow them around, constantly asking for their phone number or if they wanna cyber or making lewd comments or... etc, etc. Maybe some of these guys don't have any real life friends who are girls, I don't know...but whatever the reason, there are a lot of immature people out there.

-Worf: Captain, the Wall of Text is armed and ready.
-Picard: Mr. Worf, FIRE!
*wall of text torpedoes into forum* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

heh if only sc3 were online, i havent had a good match in a long time. Sc4 better be online...
btw i can think of several movies/anime series were the girl is the lead heroine.

such as:
kill bill
ultra violet
under world
electra
tomb raider
mannazuki no miko
Stellvia
angelic layer
card captor sakura.... the list goes on...

the world has changed... this is the 21st century... everyone is to be treated equaly... we are all human beings no?

MayLee
Jan 10, 2007, 08:28 PM
It's too bad I don't have male friends. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Thrash777
Jan 10, 2007, 08:31 PM
On 2007-01-10 17:28, MayLee wrote:
It's too bad I don't have male friends. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

What about Sychosis/Nyasia? Although, he does leave toilets in your room, lol!!!

Sychosis
Jan 10, 2007, 08:31 PM
On 2007-01-10 17:28, MayLee wrote:

::feels rejected::

Maridia
Jan 10, 2007, 08:49 PM
On 2007-01-10 17:17, Gojin wrote:
pic plz

XD

asl?

Wait, was that a serious question for a pic of my char?

MayLee
Jan 10, 2007, 08:49 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

No I didn't mean like that! O_O

I thought Thrash meant as in Real Life male friends!

Now you gone and made me feel bad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

And Sycosis made me rich off those toilets.. >__>

Sychosis
Jan 10, 2007, 08:54 PM
If anyone asks for your number, just give them 867-5309. If they buy it, you know they're still a kiddo, and it's funny to see. If they catch it, just let me deal with em.

Nothing quite like going back to your room with a "girl" to cyber and being greeted by a deep manly voice to scare you into staying offline for a bit.

MayLee
Jan 10, 2007, 09:08 PM
Hahaha, lumberjack voice. >__>

Gojin
Jan 10, 2007, 09:14 PM
On 2007-01-10 17:49, Maridia wrote:

pic plz

XD

asl?

irl pics!

and 48/?/neverland ranch.

VanHalen
Jan 10, 2007, 09:19 PM
On 2007-01-10 17:21, MayLee wrote:

you have really funny experiences dont you?

MayLee
Jan 10, 2007, 09:21 PM
I do, it's so funny it's kinda sad. Heehehe. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kinako78
Jan 10, 2007, 09:32 PM
On 2007-01-10 17:54, Sychosis wrote:

Nothing quite like going back to your room with a "girl" to cyber and being greeted by a deep manly voice to scare you into staying offline for a bit.

Yikes... O_o

VanHalen
Jan 10, 2007, 09:34 PM
there should be a topic for funny things that happen to us while playing PSU. and women can probably post about men chatting with them on mic singing songs to them and such lol

Maridia
Jan 10, 2007, 09:47 PM
I don't know, I can't say I've run into a whole lot of stupid guys that act ridiculous around women. <_< I kinda wish I had weird stories to share, but I don't. I can't help but wonder where the girls who get all the weirdos after them hang out. ;P

Ryoki
Jan 10, 2007, 09:48 PM
On 2007-01-10 18:14, Gojin wrote:

pic plz

XD

asl?

I am a party kicking jackass!

Is that so gojin?

BloodDragoon
Jan 10, 2007, 09:51 PM
If anyone asks for your number, just give them 867-5309. If they buy it, you know they're still a kiddo, and it's funny to see. If they catch it, just let me deal with em.

You don't wanna know the things I've done to people on teamspeak, firetalk, or ventrillo when playing my Mithra on FFXI... >.>

VanHalen
Jan 10, 2007, 09:52 PM
well i did today these three humans 2 guys and one girl were doing each other in universe one using the male cheer and male nanoblast emotes. then a whole bunch of guys crowded around the girl and tried to hump her. then she(he lol) ran off giving lap dances with the male nanoblast emote.

you know what i should start that funny, strange, and disturbing stories on PSU topic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-01-10 18:53 ]</font>

Sychosis
Jan 10, 2007, 10:01 PM
On 2007-01-10 18:51, BloodDragoon wrote:

You don't wanna know the things I've done to people on teamspeak, firetalk, or ventrillo when playing my Mithra on FFXI... >.>

Hehe, that reminds me of this one time playing Halo 2 on XBC, playing capture the flag on Zanzibar we had a girl on our team. Her and 3 guys got into a corner to "film a porno" as they called it. All piled in together I couldn't resist the urge. One plasma 'nade later I was booted almost instantly. Best game ever.

All I need to do now is hang around MayLee until a hormonally stressed teen tries to hit on me...

BloodDragoon
Jan 10, 2007, 10:06 PM
Its even funnier when guys online get wierded out by a girl that has a sick sense of humor like mine. >:3

Maridia
Jan 10, 2007, 10:09 PM
XD

Guys always think I'm a boy at first because I don't act girly and usually like the same stuff they do and talk uh.. boyish? I guess boyish is a relative term now with so many boys talking all "kawaii" and such. Far too many carets and underscores flying around these days. ^__^

Sychosis
Jan 10, 2007, 10:18 PM
Hey! I only use ^_^ when I'm partied with a JP player and they level or get a good rare. I'd use the headset, but I doubt most of them use/have one so it would be harder to hear anyway :/

Or when talking to MayLee. She likes cute smilies ^_^

Gojin
Jan 10, 2007, 10:22 PM
On 2007-01-10 18:48, Ryoki wrote:

pic plz

XD

asl?

Is that so gojin?

wow you're such a loser Im not even going to bother insulting you.

BloodDragoon
Jan 10, 2007, 10:23 PM
I'd do better smileys if I'd bother plugging my other KB in... >.>

VanHalen
Jan 10, 2007, 10:25 PM
On 2007-01-10 19:22, Gojin wrote:

On 2007-01-10 18:48, Ryoki wrote:

pic plz

XD

asl?

Is that so gojin?

wow you're such a loser Im not even going to bother insulting you.

oooo ooo i want to then
*takes a breath*
loser loser double loser get the picture your a loser yay!!!!!

PlayNSkillz
Jan 10, 2007, 10:42 PM

You know, I'm all over the place in Uni 15 and I never see ANYBODY from PSOW. Maybe I just have bad timing. I'd like to meet a lot of people from here sometime. It's good to play together. (lawls xbawks) note: I'm on PS2 if I forgot to mention it before XD Haha, weird. Initially I thought of putting 70%, but I didn't want to insult the girls who do actually play as girls. And seriously, like you said, girls should just tell guys to knock it off when they start to act retarded. I mean really, I wish that the stereotype that all the guys that play RPGs are nerds would just die; it is flat out not true. Then again, there are those real nerds out there that haven't spoken to a woman in their entire lives.

I don't really see why not, if guys want to feel all horny about their characters I can pretty much identify with that anyway. I don't "rub one out" over them but I am very much the type to get stuck on walls a lot and I made all my characters for something nice to look at.

I spend a GOOD amount of time perving at my chars. I'm happily married, so it's just fantasy. My husband has SEEN me perving at my chars, and makes fun of it. He had a 7 foot high Amazonian caseal on PC JP that he took loads of pervy shots of and uploaded to some website - I'm scared to ask him if he really takes it seriously, because if he said no I'd feel a bit of a loser really. Well then....to each their own. I mean if it really does turn you on then by all means, go ahead and perv out. I'm just generally referring to the people that go maybe a bit overboard. Lets be honest here people, your character can't beat the real thing. Fantasizing is ok, happens to everyone. BUt when it goes beyond fantasizing it does get to be a little..welll...too much

chrisy05
Jan 10, 2007, 10:56 PM
some people just need to get out more.... theres a world out there... with real women...

MayLee
Jan 10, 2007, 11:09 PM
Hehehe. We shoould take your character around and have it known it's really a girl and see what happens, Sychosis. >__>

I was playing with a Japanese player, he was really nice. Kept calling me "MayLee-San" which is a bt too formal but nice. He spoke great english and he called my little cousins "Kawaii" because they were yelling in the mic to me, "Is that a Microphone?"

>.<

Whenevr I'm partnered up with a Japanese player I use smilies because..Well I know many have to study english in school but I don't know if they would understand me.

Some people are great to be around and some are just plain..touched.

MayLee
Jan 10, 2007, 11:11 PM
On 2007-01-10 19:01, Sychosis wrote:

All I need to do now is hang around MayLee until a hormonally stressed teen tries to hit on me...

Are you using me?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

>__>

Sychosis
Jan 10, 2007, 11:14 PM
Yes. But I mean it in the best possible way!

MayLee
Jan 10, 2007, 11:20 PM
Sounds like you like this kind of stuffs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Merumeru
Jan 10, 2007, 11:21 PM
XD god i had such memorable/horrible experiences in just the Beta on 360, i cant imagine having to deal with it in every party for 300+ hours

XP i dont seem to find enough dorks; pretty much all my in-game guy friends treat me no different from everyone else, and i like that XD

...mebbe its because i tell everyone im a fat cow X3

Sekani
Jan 10, 2007, 11:22 PM
He does, hence the "role-player" comment on his card.

Why is this thread still here anyway?

BloodDragoon
Jan 10, 2007, 11:25 PM
On 2007-01-10 20:11, MayLee wrote:

On 2007-01-10 19:01, Sychosis wrote:

Are you using me?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

>__>

Something that always crosses my mind IRL. Should I feel proud or insulted when a lesbian is attracted to me?

*I don't remember quoting anything in this post. Maybe I should lay off the sake...*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BloodDragoon on 2007-01-10 20:30 ]</font>

Sychosis
Jan 10, 2007, 11:26 PM
On 2007-01-10 20:22, Sekani wrote:

You took that totally out of context...

And it's still here cuz we're talkin' 'bout girls?

I know I am. Girls, girls, girls. Girls I do adore...

BloodDragoon
Jan 10, 2007, 11:29 PM
On 2007-01-10 20:26, Sychosis wrote:

Same here. Though I prefer ones that share my intrests and have a personality that fits in with myself and my friends. I've never been one to go after the fashion and popularity focused ones. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MayLee
Jan 10, 2007, 11:40 PM

*shoves a apple in your mouth to stop you singing that song*

>___>

Merumeru
Jan 10, 2007, 11:42 PM
XD yah, a good personality all the way, even ill admit that even though i enjoy looking awesome, being a bitch and making my friends potential man-slaves, its not exactly role-modelish XP

Sekani
Jan 10, 2007, 11:47 PM
On 2007-01-10 20:40, MayLee wrote:

*shoves a apple in your mouth to stop you singing that song*

>___>

Put ya number on this paper cuz I would love to date ya, holla at me when I get off tour...

Merumeru
Jan 10, 2007, 11:49 PM
-raises Alteric and aims towards apple- >3

VanHalen
Jan 10, 2007, 11:51 PM
*watches and laughes at sychosis*

Sychosis
Jan 10, 2007, 11:58 PM
On 2007-01-10 20:49, Merumeru wrote:
-raises Alteric and aims towards apple- >3

O_O

Mrflflr!! BRVYT!!

Maridia
Jan 11, 2007, 12:04 AM
Are Sychosis and Maylee gonna get married? ;o

Cause they sure act like a couple XD *ducks*

Palefire
Jan 11, 2007, 12:04 AM
On 2007-01-10 15:14, VanHalen wrote:
is he on PC/PS2 and is he a fortefighter CAST that calls humans, and newmans meatbags? and does he call small cast trashcans? cause if that was him tell him that my newman wants to know if he learned tolerance of other races yet.

No, he's a Ranger and pretty low level like the rest of us. He might make some Marine references from time to time, though. In other words, he'd call others "dirtbags" and "maggots", but no "meatbags".

Sychosis
Jan 11, 2007, 12:14 AM
On 2007-01-10 21:04, Maridia wrote:

I'm just an awesome person to be around, for I am one with the interconnectedness of the universe.

Additionally, (besides Shim) she's the only girl who's partner card I have. It is therefore required that I pester her on a regular basis.

Not the annoying pestering either mind you!

Merumeru
Jan 11, 2007, 12:15 AM
On 2007-01-10 20:58, Sychosis wrote:
O_O

Mrflflr!! BRVYT!!

-spares- its coo XD ive been known to be >.> <.< baaallliinnnnn'

god XD spamming hurts me so

MaximusLight
Jan 11, 2007, 12:19 AM
MARRIED!?! wait a second... Mari... if they're getting married what about Kuda...

Maridia
Jan 11, 2007, 12:26 AM
Kuda and I will get married when we're both settled financially and job wise. It's coming. Someday. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And now, it's bedtime. You all have fun, kids.

On topic: MEN PLAYING GIRLS ARE STINKY

Maridia
Jan 11, 2007, 12:28 AM
Erm.. they can.. .. HAIR. *runs*

BloodDragoon
Jan 11, 2007, 12:28 AM
On 2007-01-10 21:26, Maridia wrote:
Kuda and I will get married when we're both settled financially and job wise. It's coming. Someday. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And now, it's bedtime. You all have fun, kids.

What about men being mistaken for girls? >.>

Sychosis
Jan 11, 2007, 12:31 AM
On 2007-01-10 21:26, Maridia wrote:

Like a dagger through my heart...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/coffin.gif

MaximusLight
Jan 11, 2007, 12:53 AM
You know this thread isn't really being very useful now that I think about it... oh well.

*In protest: NO CROSSDRESSERS PLEASE DX

BloodDragoon
Jan 11, 2007, 01:00 AM
On 2007-01-10 21:53, MaximusLight wrote:
You know this thread isn't really being very useful now that I think about it... oh well.

I only do that when it's funny...

Or...

When my GF gets ahold of me while I'm totally drunk...

But I guess that falls under the original comment because she thinks it's funny... >.>

MaximusLight
Jan 11, 2007, 01:24 AM
On 2007-01-10 22:00, BloodDragoon wrote:

Or...

But I guess that falls under the original comment because she thinks it's funny... >.>

I suppose that's a good excuse... but now I'm thinking black mial... just kidding

Jibby
Jan 11, 2007, 01:27 AM
and jsut remember kiddies, Hyuga ryght<or however you spell that crap> is a homo who can't use more than a saber when you do the tutorial, and he's got a COMPLETELY unpronounceable last name...

Pentence
Jan 11, 2007, 03:05 AM

Or...

I leave you all alone in thsi thread for not even 30 hours n this is how it degresses to...meh oh well.

On another note ,BloodDragon,i feel your pain i was once put into a corset o.0

Kinako78
Jan 11, 2007, 10:05 AM
Yep, the randomness quotient went off the scales while we were away, Pentence.

Akaimizu
Jan 11, 2007, 10:09 AM
Same here. I'm rather surprised with this one.

Ryoki
Jan 11, 2007, 10:57 AM
Is sakeru even posting here anymore?

Thrash777
Jan 11, 2007, 11:18 AM
lol, wow, I know what you guys mean about the quality of conversation! rofl

We've gone from:

Our views on girls playing this game
Talking about how people play this game
How we play with each other (in both senses of the word!)
Sychosis+Maylee
^_^
Marriage
...and now crossdressing, lol

And yes, Pentence, I've had that done to me as well! <_< >_>
Girls can be vicious when it comes to getting you in their clothes! lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thrash777 on 2007-01-11 08:19 ]</font>

Kinako78
Jan 11, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-01-11 08:18, Thrash777 wrote:
lol, wow, I know what you guys mean about the quality of conversation! rofl

We've gone from:

Our views on girls playing this game
Talking about how people play this game
How we play with each other (in both senses of the word!)
Sychosis+Maylee
^_^
Marriage
...and now crossdressing, lol

And that surprises you?

Rashiid
Jan 11, 2007, 02:47 PM
*in virtual world*

Me: "Id like to post a reply here about the rare sword board maybe dropping on a relic site, sir"

Man at counter: "sorry, this is the wrong topic. its madness in there. there talking about their questioning their sexuallity."

Me: *0.o* "......so where is the map to this damn place?"

Man at counter: "i know what your looking for. take 2 lefts, keep straight, and look to your right. there should be a sign saying 'Possiblity: [B] Svaltus Sword on Parum RELICS S?'."

Me: "iight thanks man!" *exits post*

[screaming in background] *all at once*
"ur gay playing with a girl/ i am a girl/no ur 12 and u knoe it/o shattap!/ur a ***/man **** my ****/ **************** you!/************!!!"

Man at counter: "i hate my job...."

Thrash777
Jan 11, 2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^ lol, that was good!

And Kinako, I guess it doesn't actually surprise me after all! lol

Kinako78
Jan 11, 2007, 02:58 PM
heh, it doesn't surprise me and you've been a member here a lot longer then I have.

Akaimizu
Jan 11, 2007, 03:27 PM
It would utterly destroy those American subscriber numbers. It would be then when the true distribution of the population reflects the gamer population.

Of course, then you'd have to deal with the opposite effect. Guys playing girls so they DON'T get treated differently and people saying.

"What? Guys don't play this game. Who are you kidding? It's probably some girl playing a guy on this game. What the heck? I don't understand it! It's a trap!!!, etc."

"Dude man, I'm getting sick of the people try to do crazy wierd things with my character."

"Um. Maybe you should play a girl character and they'll lay off you, dude."

Sorry, couldn't resist. I just kind of laugh at all the online reactions. It's a testament to the close-minded or insecure aspects that plague the internet. Thinking of something that's in the opposite side of the coin would be funny because all you need is a high enough population, and you'll deal with the crazies no matter what gender they are. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyone who knows me, knows I practically wage war on the notion of stereotypes. I take that notion, slam it on its head, lay it down prone, and flip it the bird. Maybe it's because I've lived long enough, being a victim of people assuming what I was, on a false stereotype before they got to know me, that I feel that way. All my characters, which break them, I can related to. Normally the type I make.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-11 12:28 ]</font>

Maridia
Jan 11, 2007, 04:15 PM
You've got to wonder what sort of MMO would be "female dominated". A real gamer girl and a just "your average girl" are two very different kinds of girls. An MMO that would attract girls from all over would have to have one heck of a weird story, etc.

Omg my little pony and barbie and bratz online~ lolol~

Ugh.

Esufer
Jan 11, 2007, 04:18 PM
Girls only play Nintendogs. The internet told me so.

Akaimizu
Jan 11, 2007, 04:30 PM
Considering games like "The Sims" won over a majority population much larger than the entire "real gamer girl" population. I don't think you have to go as far as that stereotype. I find that one good formula is *options*. Especially in a game where you can create a character and do stuff, the better your options to set yourself apart from the rest, the more attractive it seems. It may seem like a bit of a stereotype, but the examples of which get the high numbers generally have exactly that. Plus the "people" sim aspect is easy to relate for a lot of people who got into that stuff outside of computers, whether it is games played, or stuff watched on TV. (Them reality shows aren't exactly odd successes for no reason)

The "real gamer girl" compared to the "mainstream" has a difference in games picked very much like the "gaming guy" from the "mainstream". And even then, you'll have divisions within as to which genres anyone likes.

A lot of people are trying to attract both major groups by trying to find the formula that has both the mainstream appeal aspects, plus the action that the "Gamer" mentalities want, as well. It's hard to have both actually, because in some cases, even the presence of one type of gaming can be a turn off, even if it was "optional". What may happen is that you'll end up having an initial *break* in which the mainstreams stick with one style while the gamers go to another, and companies *slowly* start sneaking the opposite features in. Kind of a way to entice them and get more people to expand their gaming horizons.

In reality, some of that stuff was already before, with a predominantly male population, and thus some previous "mainstreamers" became "gamers", etc. Whatever the solution, it may not happen too quickly, but some things can't be rushed. The changing of popular opinion is a slow and tough monster to tackle. Too many *stereotype*-minded people form their own societies and, in a way, make a psychological wall. TV shows, that embellish the stereotype, hardly help at all, as well.

The Sims Online could've been huge, but I think its failure was probably due to a number of actual problems with the game itself, that wasn't apparent in the *overall* offline versions. Maybe also a lack of advertising to draw it. Everybody was on the lookout for Sims-2, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-11 13:43 ]</font>

MaximusLight
Jan 11, 2007, 04:57 PM
Anyone mind if I move I request this be moved to FKL now?
We've been off topic about 7 times and it's not really going anywhere useful anymore.

Maridia
Jan 11, 2007, 04:58 PM
Whoa, I was just teasing there, fellas. Way to go all serious on me. <_<

Also, I think it could probably just get a rename of Girls and video games and be put in offtopic or something rather than to FKL where it'll get torn to shreds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maridia on 2007-01-11 14:01 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 11, 2007, 04:58 PM
I certainly don't mind.

Akaimizu
Jan 11, 2007, 05:02 PM
Sorry. Sarcasm or certain humor, as usual, doesn't always translate well. (especially for people we don't know too well) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I guess that's why I always over-explain stuff when I do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-11 14:02 ]</font>

Sychosis
Jan 11, 2007, 05:03 PM
I'm still baffled as to how my younger brother meets more girls than I do...he met 2 more last night...

MaximusLight
Jan 11, 2007, 05:11 PM
Wow, I just asked and everyone got all "nice" and stuff...
kekeke...

Maridia
Jan 11, 2007, 06:28 PM
On 2007-01-11 14:06, Banjotron wrote:
We're just offended because we bust out the Barbie: Horse Adventures when nobody's looking.

What's YOUR favorite kind of horse? ;o

VanHalen
Jan 11, 2007, 06:32 PM
hey funny thing happened today i was thinking about this topic when i was on PSU and then someone said that

Guy who played as girl:"there are no girls in online RPGs ever and if they are they are weird"

Me: my sister plays this game

Guygirl: well then she is weird

me: no shes pretty normal

Guygirl: then she must be really young

me: no she's 14

guygirl: then she only plays since you told her about it

me: nope she started playing this game herself without me telling her about it since she doesnt like RPGs. shes likes this one for the action and customization

guygirl: well we should copy her DNA then

my sister could probably kick most of the people on this games ass if they had PvP too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-01-11 15:34 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Jan 11, 2007, 07:06 PM
On 2007-01-11 00:05, Pentence wrote:

Or...

I leave you all alone in thsi thread for not even 30 hours n this is how it degresses to...meh oh well.

On another note ,BloodDragon,i feel your pain i was once put into a corset o.0

Well I suppose half of that is my fault when she actually found out I fit in her clothes after accidentally grabbing the wrong pair of pants off the floor one morning... >.>

On a more related topic note I think there are far more girls playing video games than people think. Reasons for this is TV for years has been putting stereotypical images in people's heads of how they act, what their intrests are, and their hobbies.

I know alot of girls that are into video games, anime, and rpgs such as D&D. Granted I'm responsible for getting atleast half of them started in the first place but thats beside the point. <.<

Maridia
Jan 11, 2007, 08:03 PM
I wish I knew a lot of girls that are into video games, anime, rpgs and D&D like I am. ;< Seriously, I have no female friends because I don't meet any cool girls ._.

And on a side note, I got into that stuff on my own. Oh wait, I think you can blame my dad for first bringing home the NES with Zelda and FF1, but after that, it was all me. XD

There are a lot of girls out there that rock. A lot more than most guys think. I just.. don't know too many personally. ;< We should have a role call or something. All my friends are male. That's how it's always been for me in real life too. I always found boys more fun to hang around with. They were always into the same stuff I was. Girls were into dumb popular stuff and makeup, etc. I always had my nose in a good fantasy novel or my gameboy/something geeky.

Ah, the good old days.. Not that I see my school friends anymore. They all moved on to less cool stuff like getting drunk in their spare time. <_<

chrisy05
Jan 11, 2007, 08:46 PM
On 2007-01-11 17:03, Maridia wrote:
I wish I knew a lot of girls that are into video games, anime, rpgs and D&D like I am. ;< Seriously, I have no female friends because I don't meet any cool girls ._.

And on a side note, I got into that stuff on my own. Oh wait, I think you can blame my dad for first bringing home the NES with Zelda and FF1, but after that, it was all me. XD

There are a lot of girls out there that rock. A lot more than most guys think. I just.. don't know too many personally. ;< We should have a role call or something. All my friends are male. That's how it's always been for me in real life too. I always found boys more fun to hang around with. They were always into the same stuff I was. Girls were into dumb popular stuff and makeup, etc. I always had my nose in a good fantasy novel or my gameboy/something geeky.

Ah, the good old days.. Not that I see my school friends anymore. They all moved on to less cool stuff like getting drunk in their spare time. <_<

wow... is this thread really still up?... meh i guess this is one of those rare fun threads...

but umm yeah now that i think about it maridia i cant really think of many women who have the same interests as you do... except maybe my sister but thats kinda it... and ill have to thank the nes for that..

MayLee
Jan 11, 2007, 08:52 PM

*Chucks Megid your way*

Ryogen
Jan 11, 2007, 08:55 PM
I don't know if I already put my thing in this, but my sister, and several other girls I know around the area plays PSU.

MaximusLight
Jan 11, 2007, 09:10 PM

I feel your pain... no really I do, Medicine Hat has to be one of the worst places in the world for finding people that don't get dunk for their social outing. Heck I think that I might have known probaly all of the 30 girls in that entire city that played video game by the time I left... (at least any of the ones that were in my age group anyways).

And on that note I have yet to find more than 15 people that play video games here in University (and surprisngly enough [NOT!] they are all in my Karate club), and not one plays PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaximusLight on 2007-01-11 18:14 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Jan 11, 2007, 09:18 PM
Funny thought that just crossed my mind...

Wonder if there is any money to be had by opening a gaming school and getting some of the gamer girls I know to be the instructors. >:3

I've been know to get ahold of LAN's or some game console and TV setups to hold a "Battle of the Sexes".

Sorry guys men usually lose these things lol. It isn't my fault the other guys in the area don't listen to me when I offer tips on gameplay and strategies. >.>

MaximusLight
Jan 11, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-01-11 18:18, BloodDragoon wrote:
Funny thought that just crossed my mind...

Wonder if there is any money to be had by opening a gaming school and getting some of the gamer girls I know to be the instructors. >:3

I've been know to get ahold of LAN's or some game console and TV setups to hold a "Battle of the Sexes".

Sorry guys men usually lose these things lol. It isn't my fault the other guys in the area don't listen to me when I offer tips on gameplay and strategies. >.>

LOL XD

Sekani
Jan 11, 2007, 11:04 PM
In a stroke of weirdness I found myself the only male in a five-person Mizuraki Defense S party last week.

Is it just me, or do women really like playing magic-using characters?

Siertes
Jan 11, 2007, 11:08 PM
Ugh, I hate it being the only guy in an all female character group. We get it!! You like to say "Hiya", use ^_^, and say Congratulations with funny colors. Enough already!

Sychosis
Jan 11, 2007, 11:12 PM
On 2007-01-11 17:52, MayLee wrote:

*Chucks Megid your way*

Aww, you hate me that much? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Oh well, at least I won't have to worry about seeing a lime green MayLee anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On a side note, one of my friends' girlfriends is a gamer...to an extent. She doesn't exactly like PSU though. It has piqued her interest on a few occasions though.

MayLee
Jan 11, 2007, 11:17 PM
On 2007-01-11 20:12, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-01-11 17:52, MayLee wrote:

*Chucks Megid your way*

Aww, you hate me that much? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Oh well, at least I won't have to worry about seeing a lime green MayLee anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On a side note, one of my friends' girlfriends is a gamer...to an extent. She doesn't exactly like PSU though. It has piqued her interest on a few occasions though.

Nah, I don't hate.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That's because I chnged my outfit. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Senkai: I like using magic..well..because I just do! *Scuttles off* O_O

Sychosis
Jan 11, 2007, 11:19 PM
That a girl! Don't hate, procreate!

Thrash777
Jan 11, 2007, 11:55 PM
When I went to the UK Halo 2 tournament (its like MLG in the UK...) in Birmingham in November, I met all the people I play Halo with for the last 2 years, and out of the 300 people there, there are at least 3 girls in the pro bracket I played against.

They play Halo 2 a lot, and they are decent at it too (to get into the top 300 in the UK, you gotta be!).

And you know what was the strangest part? All their names were Jill!!! I'm NOT joking!

LadyMoon
Jan 12, 2007, 12:27 AM
I am female and play on the ps2, I have played with a few of you guys on here, I remember Mitsunari Ryuki and Bridget, there are probably more but cannot remember. Do you guys remember me Catharia or Rhianna Moonchild http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Voltage
Jan 12, 2007, 12:46 AM
This game sure is more harsh and creep ridden than PSO: GC and FFXI imo. From what I've seen so far, girls and girl characters aren't treated very respectfully.
I've come across alot of awkward situations already, and I'm not even advertizing the fact I'm female.

It seems just about every party I've joined, someone is there asking who is really a female behind that female character. If they are/aren't they are usually made fun of or hit on.

In the streets, you'll find groups of people with alternate "slut characters" as they would call them goofing off and admiring each other's...uh "ballistics".

You go to the bar in moatoob(like I am right now as I post this) and there are kids sitting on the floor cybering. And the other day on the guardian colony, by the linear line, there was some guy, asking all the ladies and ladies only to sit with him in his "circle of friends".

I know the age group in this game is lower compared to Final Fantasy XI, so I should come to expect this level of perversion.

The lack of respect and maturity is very disapointing I guess, but I do enjoy everything else about the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Voltage on 2007-01-11 21:46 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Jan 12, 2007, 12:50 AM
On 2007-01-11 21:46, Voltage wrote:
This game sure is more harsh and creep ridden than PSO: GC and FFXI imo. From what I've seen so far, girls and girl characters aren't treated very respectfully.
I've come across alot of awkward situations already, and I'm not even advertizing the fact I'm female.

It seems just about every party I've joined, someone is there asking who is really a female behind that female character. If they are/aren't they are usually made fun of or hit on.

In the streets, you'll find groups of people with alternate "slut characters" as they would call them goofing off and admiring each other's...uh "ballistics".

You go to the bar in moatoob(like I am right now as I post this) and there are kids sitting on the floor cybering. And the other day on the guardian colony, by the linear line, there was some guy, asking all the ladies and ladies only to sit with him in his "circle of friends".

I know the age group in this game is lower compared to Final Fantasy XI, so I should come to expect this level of perversion.

The lack of respect and maturity is very disapointing I guess, but I do enjoy everything else about the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Voltage on 2007-01-11 21:46 ]</font>

Luckily I don't have to deal too much with people hitting on my female cast. Probably because she looks more evil than cute... >.>

My mithra on FFXI however... <.<

Pentence
Jan 12, 2007, 01:50 AM

My high school was filled with them and i still keep in touch wit ha few care for a list?

Also i seem to atract women into this stuff course i also track those who are already into it:3 common intrests rock.

MayLee
Jan 13, 2007, 01:31 PM
Last night was insane. I was in the Gaurdian's Colony in Universe 2. I was chilling on the seat sending and recieving messeges when all a sudden I see a text bubble say. "Are you a girl? Let me hear you on the mic" So I turn the camera angle and look at the comotion. By this female Human's name wearing a black swimsuit and the guy who was asking's goes into a party. 10 Seconds leter he sas, 'give me your partner card" and the female Human doesn't respond. I was then getting up and walking towards the Universe Crystals to switchout universe then I suddenly got a Invite. I accidently accept it and I find out I was in the party with the guy and the female Human. The guy says Hi and I say Hi back..Which was a mistake and he goes all. "You're a girl too?!" and in my head I say to myself.."Oh...lord." and the Human female speak. It was a girl and with releif she says something like, "You're a girl too" So I decided to stick aound so I can have talk with the girl. But then it goes all seariously wrong.

The leader adds more people in the party and they try hitting on me and the girl. One of the guys says that my Character looks sexy in a swimsuit in which I reply to him, "Um....Okaaay." and then all the guys asked why weren't we accepting the cards and why wont I talk. I was actually trying to leave the party but I didn't want to leave the girl all by herself in there with a bunch of pervs. The girl tells them that they are all perverts trying to hit on people on a game and everything and it gets all person. I was sitting there being quiet while the girl tells me not to accept any cards from them,. (duh. >_>) and then the guys tell her that basically in life the are iresistable guys who get girls.

haahahahaha... :rollseyes:

And then they tell the other girl that she's just mqd because she dosn't have a man and all a sudden I hear this deep booming voice on her end telling the guys off about messing with his girlfriend and now everyone is yeling at eachother and then it gets to a bunch of racist comments and I have just about had it.

In the middle of all this the girl was made party leader and the guys complain about that and she replies back. "So I can kick you in the face" I make a comment about that it is sad that they are arguing over on a game when just two minutes ago they wee hitting on us. Then thy yell at me which I start laughing and the guy gets booted. The other minutes later leaves aand me and the other girl sit there glad that it was enjoying the silence and we go to do a mission.

I had fun, we talk about how dumb it was in the first place that they tried hitting on us and then get mad and shoot off raspberries at us when he wasn't making progress of it. She makes a comment about that was the reason why she sticks to typing and it's so true because girls don't want to deal with this crap. We send eachother our Partner cards and she made her boyfriend apologize to me for yelling in the mic. (Which I didn't mind)

I turn in for the night..Laughing about what a strange dy I just had.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2007-01-13 10:51 ]</font>

Clone365
Jan 13, 2007, 01:41 PM
lol All in a day of Xbox Live

MayLee
Jan 13, 2007, 01:52 PM
Yes, it was insane.

Yoiyami
Jan 13, 2007, 02:05 PM
On the 360, I was never harassed. Then again, I didn't stay long enough. XD

I don't want to have a crazy story to tell. >_>

MayLee
Jan 13, 2007, 02:07 PM
On 2007-01-13 11:05, Yoiyami wrote:
On the 360, I was never harassed. Then again, I didn't stay long enough. XD

I don't want to have a crazy story to tell. >_>

Good, it's so not worth it. Wasted 10 minutes of my time.

Maridia
Jan 13, 2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I'm sure glad I'm not on xbox live. I kinda like the lack of voice chat.

Maylee, you have to get some sort of voice changer so you can talk like Darth Vader or something. That'd be awesome.

MayLee
Jan 13, 2007, 02:47 PM
That would. Can you imagine a Pink haired girl walking into a party...

*Breathes hard* "Luke.....I am your father"

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Clone365
Jan 13, 2007, 03:11 PM
Its doable

Ronzeru
Jan 13, 2007, 03:31 PM
lmao the people on this game is way more nice than FFXI. You must of played on a really nice server, not Fairy or Asura at endgame.

Clone365
Jan 13, 2007, 03:36 PM
o.0

Jasam
Jan 13, 2007, 03:56 PM
This reminds me of PSO GC..... I was once hit on by a guy 'cus they throught I was a girl as I was playing a Foneweral, and wouldn;t stop even after I told them I wa s aguy in rl.

Then there was this other time, When I was hit on by a Guy, Because he thought I was a guy 'cus I was playing a HUcast

The second one was slightly more awkward, seeing as rumours of me being the guys boyfriend spread before he tryed hitting on me.... One of the funneyest situations I've been in though, cirtainly the first time I've had anyone take intrest in me as a male online..... and he did stop when asked http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif', so i ended up partying with him again...

Now if I could attract a girl rather then a guy (I found out someone had a secret crush on me when I was about 16ish.... it was a guy)... Any single gamers left out there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

MayLee
Jan 13, 2007, 04:11 PM
LMAO!

>_<

Clone365
Jan 13, 2007, 04:15 PM
rofl! good luck with that*_*

Palefire
Jan 13, 2007, 04:25 PM
On 2007-01-13 10:31, MayLee wrote:We send eachother our Partner cards and she made her boyfriend apologize to me for yelling in the mic. (Which I didn't mind)

Bah. I would have told her that her boyfriend just won a solid gold Internet for that. Boys defending their girlfriends from perverts rawk.

MayLee
Jan 13, 2007, 04:30 PM
Yes but it kinda was a bi rediculous yelling at someone in the mic for 5 minutes.

*sigh*

But yeah, it is nice. Although I did get pissed when the guy told us to go back to Africa and dropped the N bomb quite a few times. I wasn't having it.

I think he failed in History class.

Clone365
Jan 13, 2007, 04:59 PM
and maybe a few others?

BloodDragoon
Jan 13, 2007, 07:34 PM
On 2007-01-13 12:56, Jasam wrote:
This reminds me of PSO GC..... I was once hit on by a guy 'cus they throught I was a girl as I was playing a Foneweral, and wouldn;t stop even after I told them I wa s aguy in rl.

Then there was this other time, When I was hit on by a Guy, Because he thought I was a guy 'cus I was playing a HUcast

The second one was slightly more awkward, seeing as rumours of me being the guys boyfriend spread before he tryed hitting on me.... One of the funneyest situations I've been in though, cirtainly the first time I've had anyone take intrest in me as a male online..... and he did stop when asked http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif', so i ended up partying with him again...

Now if I could attract a girl rather then a guy (I found out someone had a secret crush on me when I was about 16ish.... it was a guy)... Any single gamers left out there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

I had issues like that with my Hunewearl on PSO. However I had a solution for it... >.>

I'd tell them that I'd cyber then follow with "Now bend over... >.>"

Game usually cleared of pervs in 5 seconds or less. >:3

Sychosis
Jan 13, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-01-13 13:30, MayLee wrote:
Yes but it kinda was a bi rediculous yelling at someone in the mic for 5 minutes.

*sigh*

But yeah, it is nice. Although I did get pissed when the guy told us to go back to Africa and dropped the N bomb quite a few times. I wasn't having it.

I think he failed in History class.

Not just history, he fails in life.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 13, 2007, 08:03 PM
When I find out a character is actually female, I hit on them on purpose to see how self opinionated and insecure they are. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Had a right one on PSO. Total flirt. Total attention whore. Hit on her? Get tirade of abuse.

I hit on her every chance I got.

MayLee
Jan 14, 2007, 01:59 AM
Yep, everyone failed at life that day. =

Insane..I need to get that out of my head.

susaru7
Jun 4, 2007, 04:15 PM
Ahahah so many comment s ahahahahha

Sychosis
Jun 4, 2007, 04:16 PM
NECROMANCY!

Die foul sorcerer!

Niered
Jun 4, 2007, 04:17 PM
talk about a bump.

Esufer
Jun 4, 2007, 04:20 PM
On 2007-06-04 14:16, Sychosis wrote:
NECROMANCY!

Die foul sorcerer!

Technically a necromancer, in the traditional sense, is more of a conduit for talking to the dead, rather than a sorcerer that would raise the dead, thanks.

JAFO22000
Jun 4, 2007, 04:27 PM
Somebody should be banned for bumping this rather annoying, half-retarded thread to the top.

Just sayin'!

Ryno
Jun 4, 2007, 04:31 PM
i remember this topic

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-06-04 14:31 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Jun 4, 2007, 04:36 PM
On 2007-06-04 14:31, Ryno wrote:
i remember this topicI don't.

Syl
Jun 4, 2007, 04:39 PM
I thought it got locked <.<

Sychosis
Jun 4, 2007, 04:41 PM
On 2007-06-04 14:39, WatchThemFeed wrote:
I thought it got locked <.<

It will now.

Korokodo13
Jun 4, 2007, 04:41 PM
Lol, alot of my Partner cards are from girls... I also play with some all the time...

JAFO22000
Jun 4, 2007, 04:42 PM
What kind of photons do you have the most of right now???

BAN!!!!

Korokodo13
Jun 4, 2007, 04:45 PM
Lol, alot of my Partner cards are from girls... I also play with some all the time...

Ryna
Jun 4, 2007, 04:51 PM
If a thread hasn't been replied to in about three weeks, don't reply to it. Replying to something older is considered bumping and is a rules violation.