PDA

View Full Version : Hucaseals in C Mode

Pballer42
Dec 23, 2006, 01:36 AM
I was looking at the guides for c mode and i noticed in the one for sugessed class that many were Hucasts, Fonewearls, and Hucaseals.

I understand how Hucasts and Fonewearls are great c mode characters. But is a Hucaseal really a good choice for c mode. Ive never used them on c mode so i have no idea.

xxTrystanxx
Dec 23, 2006, 11:33 AM
HUcaseals are GREAT for C-Mode.

To be brutally honest, you CAN use any character class for C-Mode. But when you look at the guide that generally recommend HUcast, HUcaseal and FOnewearl. They ae probably talking about "Time Attack." This is when you try to get the lowest time possible, by using the most efficient character classes, and trying to get a good map with few spawns, and then flawlessly executing that map.

HUcaseals are great in both regular C-Mode and TA because they can take the place of a Ranger. They are able to use handguns before HUcasts, and have slightly better ATA. A HUcaseal with a good handgun or mechgun with %s and/or a good special can be devastating, particularly in later stages of Episode 1, where they won't initially have enough ATP to use pallaschs without materials.

Pballer42
Dec 23, 2006, 01:15 PM
Yea i remeber back when i could play online i used to time attack with my old hucast.

But wow the teams i usually played with were two hucasts, and a racast or ramar, and then a force.

I guess its more personal preference. But anyway thanks.

xxTrystanxx
Dec 23, 2006, 01:23 PM
It's not necessarily personal preference, but after years of trial and error, things have changed concerning how to make things go faster.

FOnewearl over other FOs is sort of a no-brainer, more MST + Simple Tech boost = Efficiency

HUcasts are another no-brainer. Highest ATP = More Damage = Faster Killing

HUcaseal becomes a viable option over a RA, because RAs don't do a lot of damage unless they find amazing weapons, when compared to the HUs. But there are places where you need a gun, and HUcaseals can use them before HUcasts can, and they still have the ATP necessary for close-combat fighting.

So then the optimal party becomes HUcast, HUcast, HUcaseal, FOnewearl.

SLON
Dec 27, 2006, 06:28 AM
Androids use traps, see traps, and they can ignore paralysis and poison effects; which is why they make Cmode a lot easier. Hucaseal can use handgun a lot quicker than Hucast, and guns can speed things up, but Rangers are largely frowned upon because of the high possibility of DMC.
Optimal party depends very much on which stage you are playing; 3 Fonewearls will make C2 so much easier, whereas if you get 3 Pallasches to drop early, 3 Hucasts on C9 will be the best option.

xxTrystanxx
Dec 27, 2006, 11:06 AM
See, that works if you're time attacking, or you're playing with enough experienced people to have several different characters to be able to use at different stages. But if you've not played a lot of CMode, you're not gonna be able to switch out to 3 FOneys in C2 without having to get those FOneys through C1 first.

Splash
Dec 28, 2006, 01:00 PM
Why anyone would use 3 of any character for C-mode is beyond me, especially with 3 FOnewearls where your fluids will run out quicker.

Anyway, as Trystan says, HUcaseals can use Handguns earlier which is very important to getting through tough situations. They also have some accuracy potential, and since they are a hunter, high ATP. Therefore, you can at least have some attacks hit while being able to deal damage. And they are also androids, meaning the special benefits for it as well, which is a lot and are very useful.

xxTrystanxx
Dec 28, 2006, 02:23 PM
On 2006-12-28 10:00, Splash wrote:
Why anyone would use 3 of any character for C-mode is beyond me, especially with 3 FOnewearls where your fluids will run out quicker.

Obviously you'd need to make some graves and hope for di- or trifluids. But without hunters to do the grunt work, the FOneys would do more killing, and therefore more levelling. Each level means a full bar of TP again. Not to mention, you'd be making use of those Scapes for TP purposes, since C2 at least doesn't have a boss.

Undeadpriest
Dec 28, 2006, 03:57 PM
On 2006-12-22 22:36, Pballer42 wrote:
I was looking at the guides for c mode and i noticed in the one for sugessed class that many were Hucasts, Fonewearls, and Hucaseals.

I understand how Hucasts and Fonewearls are great c mode characters. But is a Hucaseal really a good choice for c mode. Ive never used them on c mode so i have no idea.

HUcaseal is a pretty good choice especially if you find lots of evade material during the challenge it will be pretty useful.

Splash
Dec 29, 2006, 12:31 AM
On 2006-12-28 11:23, xxTrystanxx wrote:
Obviously you'd need to make some graves and hope for di- or trifluids. But without hunters to do the grunt work, the FOneys would do more killing, and therefore more levelling. Each level means a full bar of TP again. Not to mention, you'd be making use of those Scapes for TP purposes, since C2 at least doesn't have a boss.

That would make sense. Still, acquiring EXP is no easy job and I'm sure one would run out more fluids than more increase in levels. C2 specifically doesn't have a boss, but for something like C4 or C6, nope, not worth wasting a Scape Doll just for attaining back TP.
Then again, unless time is not a concern, FOneys are newmans so they have that special ability to heal TP when they stand. Even then, it takes really long to restore.

xxTrystanxx
Dec 29, 2006, 09:54 AM
On 2006-12-28 21:31, Splash wrote:
C2 specifically doesn't have a boss, but for something like C4 or C6, nope, not worth wasting a Scape Doll just for attaining back TP.

Have you ever played C-mode as a FOnewearl? Or more specifically Time Attacked as a FOney? Hell yeah you are TP dying, LOL.

C4 is CAKE if your FO finds Gizonde http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif If that happens, feel free to hand off some of those Scapes to the FOney and let 'er rip. Hehe.

Splash
Dec 29, 2006, 11:58 AM
On 2006-12-29 06:54, xxTrystanxx wrote:
Have you ever played C-mode as a FOnewearl? Or more specifically Time Attacked as a FOney? Hell yeah you are TP dying, LOL.

C4 is CAKE if your FO finds Gizonde http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif If that happens, feel free to hand off some of those Scapes to the FOney and let 'er rip. Hehe.

Heh, no. I play a FOmarl and boy is it tough.

C4 I found easy as well. It is C6 that is getting me stuck in a corner right now on C-mode.

xxTrystanxx
Dec 29, 2006, 12:29 PM
FOmarl isn't that bad, either. Granted you have less TP, and no TP regen, but you aren't quite so fragile, so if you find a decent weapon, you can at least do a little physical tagging to help you along.

C6 is cakewalk, honestly. Let ONE HU (the strongest HU) attack the Dubchics untl they die. The FO can help out by putting Zalure on it. Also, let ONE person run around the Garanz so that it hits itself with missiles, or let a cast go in and drop confuse traps if there are other enemies in the room. Both of these methods hinge on making sure the other members are ompletely out of the room though, or it wont work.

There is one particular room where you go through a warp to pass a laser fence, and you cannot go back or out of the room if there is a Garanz. Best to let a HU go in first to scout before letting the other players go in.

The boss is easy as long as you leave the screens alone, shoot down the thing in the middle, and go after the pillars. DON'T touch the screens as it will buy you time before getting shocked. The FO here should be basically just supporting.

Splash
Dec 29, 2006, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the strategies. Would a Havoc special be a good alternative for confuse traps?

Dubchics are easy. The only part I find hard are around the Sinow Beats and Sinow Golds and huge swarm of enemies. The room that you said was the one where I always die at least once. So much enemies and in a lot of waves also.

SLON
Dec 29, 2006, 01:44 PM
Splash, my comments usually refer to TA. If you are playing simply to get through, then things are a lot easier. I would advise you tag as many monsters as possible, that way you will level a lot quicker. Don't be afraid to hide in doorways and try and kill one or two monsters at a time.
As for C2, Hunters miss a lot, and Rangers do puny damage. Fonewearls can kill almost everything in 2 or 3 attacks (Nanodragons in 5 or 6 hits), which is why you will find TA teams play with 3 Fonewearls and a Hunter most times. Experienced players dont expect to die at all, which is why Scapedolls get passed to Fos so that they can TP die.

xxTrystanxx
Dec 29, 2006, 02:56 PM
Havoc is good, if you can get decent on it.

Sinows.... either have the FO take them out with Foie (Barta on the Gold ones) or get an android in there to trap them.

Splash
Dec 29, 2006, 11:25 PM
On 2006-12-29 10:44, SLON wrote:
Splash, my comments usually refer to TA. If you are playing simply to get through, then things are a lot easier. I would advise you tag as many monsters as possible, that way you will level a lot quicker. Don't be afraid to hide in doorways and try and kill one or two monsters at a time.
As for C2, Hunters miss a lot, and Rangers do puny damage. Fonewearls can kill almost everything in 2 or 3 attacks (Nanodragons in 5 or 6 hits), which is why you will find TA teams play with 3 Fonewearls and a Hunter most times. Experienced players dont expect to die at all, which is why Scapedolls get passed to Fos so that they can TP die.

So I see, best for TAing. Oh I get it now. Thanks for the clarification. I was just wondering why you would want to die to just restore TP.

On 2006-12-29 11:56, xxTrystanxx wrote:
Havoc is good, if you can get decent on it.

Sinows.... either have the FO take them out with Foie (Barta on the Gold ones) or get an android in there to trap them.

Okay, I'll do that then. Thanks.

theonlyHNIC
Dec 30, 2006, 05:50 AM
On 2006-12-29 10:44, SLON wrote:

Listen to my man TA master B.O.B. He knows his stuff rar.

-The Big Man

SLON
Dec 31, 2006, 08:48 PM
Hey Big Man, thanks for that. Respect.