PDA

View Full Version : Slimes, the TP trick, and you...

VulpesMundi
Nov 26, 2002, 04:24 AM
You want those blue Pofuilly Slimes to turn into rare red Pouilly Slimes, but you just don't know how to make it so? Unfortunately there is no sure-fire way to accomplish this. It's all a matter of when the system decides it's going to cough one up. However, using the TP trick with slimes gets a might bit complicated compared to the other critters.

Slimes are unique among critters because they have a tendancy to multiply. These duplicates don't have to be exact copies, however. There is a small chance that one of these duplicates may turn out to be a rare Pouilly Slime instead. There's a couple of different ways to multiply slimes, as listed below.

1. Techniques
Some techniques cause slimes to immediately multiply. They are especially prone to multiplication from Gibarta and Rabarta.

2. Third attack of a combo
The third attack in any combo will cause a slime to multiply. However, you have to be aware that striking a slime with either the first or second attack will cause it to retreat. A really good method of attacking a slime so that the first two attacks won't hit it are to use the special attack of an unidentified weapon (???? or ?SPECIAL WEAPON). Typically the special attack will miss when a weapon is unidentified. Droids can also use any weapon with the Spirit special (uses TP for extra damage) which will always miss since they don't have any TP.

Be aware that a slime will only multiply three times, so there can only be a total of four slimes from any one original slime. This includes its duplicates, which basically count as the original. However, if more than one slime appears in an attack wave you can multiply each of those individual slimes up to three times each. For example: if three slimes appear originally in the room, you can split each of them three times and wind up with a total of twelve slimes.

Now back to the issue of the TP trick. It's complicated because whenever you TP up to Pioneer 2 and then come back to Ragol, all the duplicate slimes will have vanished. And now that you've had to strike the original slime to make it duplicate, assuming you've done even a point of damage, it's no longer going to reset. It will always be a regular blue Pofuilly Slime. However, you can go about multiplying it three times again (assuming you don't kill it in the process), as that should have reset.

A decent quest for both slimes and lilies is the quest Addicting Food. But you have to go thru Cave 1 and reach Cave 2 before you can find slimes. Another good one for slimes and lilies was the ver.2 quest Towards the Future. That one hasn't been added for E1&2 yet. Hopefully it will eventually be added.

neko-chan
Nov 26, 2002, 04:49 AM
The teleporter trick works also on Rappies. It happened to me two days before.

There were 3 rappies waiting for my Neko in Forest 2 (the biggest room) but my inventory was full and I decided to go upstairs and sell my junk.

Coming back on battle field rappies were disappeared. But they quickly respawn (dropping from the sky ^_^ ) and one of them was blue. I got a INFERNO BAZOOKA.

Now I try to pipe up/down many times whenever I see a group of them but, so far, the trick didn't work again. -_-

DirewolfX
Nov 26, 2002, 08:24 AM
Just a note... on Ultimate mode, the slimes multiply when hit with Zonde techniques and not Barta techniques.

Also, if you're using the TP trick for rappies, use it on the quest Fake in Yellow... you can get seven or eight in a room, making it much easier to accomplish. Even then, it still takes a while, though I did manage to score myself a Pal Rappy (and a Red Partisan!) from it the other day.

MalambisBZ
Nov 26, 2002, 08:41 AM
"Slimes, the TP trick, and you..." haha, nice title http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

While I haven't tried to tp trick on slimes, I did try it on hildebears in Vhard. The heatsword quest has 4 drop from the sky at the boss teleport.

I tped up and down for about 2 1/2 hours (I assume I went up and down atleast 100+ times). Heatsword quest is online, so it saves your game whenever you enter town or leave town, so that took much longer than SP, but the max hildebears is only 3 in SP. Too bad I got NOTHING, 2 1/2 hours gone, and nothing to show for it.. *sigh*.

There's always tomorrow, hopefully it will be a brighter hildebear day..

TeamPhalanx
Nov 26, 2002, 11:44 AM
From my view, Hildears and Pouilly slimes aren't worth doing the TP trick for; it just too damn annoying.

You can't do the TP trick online, since the enemies do not reset. A Hildetorr killed me 3 times once during Heat Sword and when I teleported back down from the hospital, it was still there, waiting to kill me again. I hate those damn things... The first 2 solo HS I did I encountered them twice. So far I've seen 3, and I'll be happy if I never seen another one again.

Also, Pouilly slimes and Hildetorrs have a less frequent drop rate than Pal Rappy and Mil Lily. I've yet to get a red box from the former 2.

Elusive_Llama
Nov 26, 2002, 11:54 AM
If I do the TP trick in Fake in Yellow on normal mode, will a rare rappy still appear? If so, will they drop something good (ie. Red Partisan)?

neko-chan
Nov 26, 2002, 12:07 PM
On 2002-11-26 08:54, Elusive_Llama wrote:
If I do the TP trick in Fake in Yellow on normal mode, will a rare rappy still appear? If so, will they drop something good (ie. Red Partisan)?

It will probably appear... someday >_> Doing the pipe up pipe down trick you just increase the chance of encounter a rare monster.

I saw a Al Rappy on Normal mode but that bish dropped only an Antidote. I saw another in Hard and, this time, dropped the INFERNO BAZOOKA.

TeamPhalanx
Nov 26, 2002, 12:19 PM
I don't know of any rare monster on any section id that gives you a good item in normal & hard. The trick isn't worth doing unless you're either in V-Hard or Ultimate and in some cases, it's not worth doing in V-Hard (REDRIA Al Rappy = DISKA OF BRAVEMAN).

Section id WHITILL gets RED PARTISAN from Pal Rappy. I guess it's sorta their reward for having to go through all those partisans http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Wang_Tang
Nov 26, 2002, 12:20 PM
someone with a lot of time on their hands needs to do the tp trick until a pal rappy appears, write down how many times they piped and how many times they appeared, and then calculate the pal rappy appearance %.

TeamPhalanx
Nov 26, 2002, 12:23 PM
LOL - That wouldn't work. In order to get a good number, you'll at least 1000 data points.

Mag_Launcher
Nov 26, 2002, 12:57 PM
Pouilly slimes are KINDA worth it. You get a Flame Visit from them... well, on Dreamcast, anyway.

FinalMasterM
Nov 26, 2002, 05:06 PM
The best chance for Hildeblue's or Hildetorrs is "Forest of Sarrows" in Forest 2 you'll meet up with atleast 12 Hildebears/Hildelts which can easily become one of their rare counter parts. Oddly, I see Nar/Mil Lillys in rooms with the least amount of Lillys (usually in Caves 1 where only 2 lillys may spawn).

Klakalou
Nov 26, 2002, 05:24 PM
playing online 2 days ago, i saw 2 narlillies that day. one dropped a cure/confusion for someone online. and offline it dropped a god/hp for me, redira id.

BrokenHope
Nov 26, 2002, 05:46 PM
On 2002-11-26 09:57, Mag_Launcher wrote:
Pouilly slimes are KINDA worth it. You get a Flame Visit from them... well, on Dreamcast, anyway.

Redria get lavis cannon, greenill get morning glory, oran get guard wave, skyly get demolition comet. Can't think of any more off the top of my head.

Lman90245
Nov 26, 2002, 06:30 PM
whoa... I really need to do the tp trick on ult fake in yellow.... my sec ID is greennill and i'm a FOmar... so I get tons of ranger weapons but some I can use AKA INFERNO BAZOOKA, which I got off of an el rappy in ult. I wonder what I'll find off a pal rappy....

Xellos, FOmar, lvl111

Wewt
Nov 26, 2002, 07:34 PM
You can get a Guard Wave. Very useful armour.

Khaotika
Nov 28, 2002, 10:54 AM
On 2002-11-26 09:19, TeamPhalanx wrote:
I don't know of any rare monster on any section id that gives you a good item in normal & hard.

STING TIP - Love Rappy - Hard - SKYLY

XD

I've seen two red slimes so far, both in Ultimate. They were the first ones to appear, no splitting. The online one dropped TP/REVIVAL (Pinkal id). The offline dropped....Marksman/Arm- -_-;;;

-Khaotika!

"_STILL_ haven't seen Al Rappy. ;_;"

Goldstix69
Nov 28, 2002, 03:04 PM
Al Rappy-Normal-Forest 1-Online-Redria-Humar-lv.22
I even got a pic of the cute little blue guy
it only dropped 5200 meseta though. dang http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I have also encountered 3 Red lillies on normal
2 offline on nomal in caves-1 the other in caves-2, the other online in caves-2
but I didn't get anything good from any of them. oh well maybe when I run into them while playing VH

http://www.gamers.com/i/pics/1238135_t.jpg[/img][url]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Goldstix69 on 2002-11-28 18:27 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Nov 28, 2002, 05:22 PM
On 2002-11-26 09:19, TeamPhalanx wrote:
I don't know of any rare monster on any section id that gives you a good item in normal & hard.

On Normal I got two HP Materials off of two Al Rappies with Oran (nothing rare, but certainly good IMO). On Hard I got an Inferno Bazooka off an Al Rappy with Oran. On Hard I got Last Survivor from both Al Rappy and Nar Lily with Skyly.

MetalGriever
Nov 28, 2002, 06:56 PM
I managed to find a pal rappy once, but not by the pipe trick. All my rare enemies seem to appear serendipitously. I did manage to acquire a star amp from said rappy though.

mystic_knight
Nov 28, 2002, 11:45 PM
I ran into a red lily b4...i didnt know it was rare then, didnt drop anything good though. I think the only thing i got out of that whole room was a knight/power, not even sure if the lily dropped it or it was somethin else. this was on normal btw.

Shrevn
Nov 29, 2002, 10:26 AM
I just wish to add to the list Lillys drop DIFLUIDS and RED Slimes resist/Poison for YELLOWBOZE.... yes yellow sucks

TeamPhalanx
Nov 29, 2002, 10:34 AM
Considering that they're rare enemies, I'd consider drops of HP mats, Survivor, etc. to be pretty worthless. Even the TWIN PSYCHOGUN that can be obtained in hard isn't worth much, other than for looks.

There are only a handful of items that are obtainable from rare monsters that are actually useful in battle - the RED PARTISAN is probably the best among them.

Guntz348
Nov 30, 2002, 03:24 AM
as far as i know whitehill ID gets a Stag Cutlery from the rappies, i havent found a rare rappy yet so i dont know for sure but im still hunting

CorneliusPower
Nov 30, 2002, 08:13 AM
I did Fake in Yellow offline on VHard, my HUMar is a Purplenum...I did TP trick for 10 mins on the room before the last before you meet up with the Fake for the last time, I got an Al Rappy and he dropped an Elysion. I tried doing the exact same thing a few hours later for an hour, no luck. Totally luck to get any rare rappy, or any rare enemy for that matter. As far as VHard being sucky for weapons, well it is true, but it doesnt mean its impossible, i found God/Arm offline in VHard mines. My 2 cents, Peace.

VulpesMundi
Dec 7, 2002, 07:28 PM
I made a very intruiging observation while I was playing the offline quest Addicting Food. Enemies in quests will reset when you return to Pioneer 2, even if they've taken damage. This can be both good and bad. It's good for critters you have to damage (ie. Pofuilly Slimes) and critters you've accidentally damaged. However, it's bad if you've found a rare critter because you'll end up losing it (I proved this when I got careless and lost a Mil Lily, even after I damaged it).

The real good news is for people who are hunting Pouilly Slimes. You can damage the Pofuilly Slimes to split them, and they'll still reset when you come back. I actually had one of the original slimes become a Pouilly, even after it had taken damage. So if there's a special item that Pouilly Slimes drop that you're after, you have a couple more chances to find those elusive slimes.

*twirls around a shiny new Demolition Comet.