PDA

View Full Version : A "pink" Svaltus

LocGaw
Dec 24, 2006, 04:12 PM
I fought a "pink" Svaltus in SW. Has anyone else seen one?

It did have a differant name. Although I fail to remember how it was spelled (Di-something). It was encountered on a "c-rank" run.

I would also like to say there was no diff. in XP and it did not drop anything. I was hoping to add info to my drop chart... I run SW alot. So it has poped once in place of the standerd Svaltus out of countless runs.

Any info would be welcome. Thank you in advance for any help.

Nani-chan
Dec 24, 2006, 05:49 PM
Did you see rappies during the run? It's been discussed that rappies during SW will make a rare svaltus spawn too.

LocGaw
Dec 25, 2006, 06:25 AM
No. Sorry it took so long(to reply). I had to check my DC. I have only encountered Rappys solo on LL..... You had me thinking though...

Thank you for your addition.

Sitka
Dec 25, 2006, 10:21 PM
The Pink Svaltus is called Orgdus.

I've fought him three times thus far: the first time he dropped a Relics Edge, the second time meseta and the third time Svaltus Edge.

In every run where I got Orgdus, I also got a set of four rappies in the pentultimate room prior to the boss (third block).

According to PSUpedia, this version of Phantasy Star does not have random rare enemies spawn. Rather, it has rare maps and if you know the spawns, you can determine if you are on a rare map or not.

The maps on Linear Line and the canyons on Mooatob have been mapped out, but the maps in other areas have not. I've been working diligently on mapping out various maps, but haven't yet mapped the secret spawn maps. I had three rare Relics maps in the same day, but wasn't mapping at that time and failed to note the spawns.

This morning I had a nice Christmas gift of four rappies on a routine Neudaiz run and again wasn't taking note of the spawns.

Knowing the rare maps could be very important for farming Orgdus or, as many have noted, just accumulating meseta to purchase items on PSU. Each Christmas tree drop is 5,000 meseta and a four-drop run nets 20,000 - so well worth the effort to seek out. Even so, after hundreds and hundreds of mind-numbing attempts to map out the rare maps, sometimes you just have to forget about it, drink a cold one and go kill stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2006-12-25 19:23 ]</font>

ayrista
Dec 26, 2006, 10:37 AM
Here is a pic of the rare svaltus in Agata relics , he dropped us meseta

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/Opythia/PSU/psu20061212_104029_007.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ayrista on 2006-12-26 07:38 ]</font>

and yes, we did see rappies

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ayrista on 2006-12-26 07:39 ]</font>