PDA

View Full Version : Crazy S-Rank

Aftermathrar
Dec 24, 2006, 07:05 PM
So I was playing through the Darkside Scenario mode again, and was having trouble getting past the quest "Backup", as Peko's AI seems exceptionally terrible during that fight and I just couldn't keep him alive. To try and fix the problem I made a new deck of nothing but lvl 1 Creatures so that I could just block the way to him and pretty much just do chip damage to the opponents until one of them died.

Well, about 3 hours later, the fight finally finished in my favor, and despite losing 2-4 creatures each turn to 15+ damage attacks, I got an S-Rank. Obviously, I was quite surprised and jotted down all the after-fight info to check my score on the Rank Calculator. Here are the stats that it gave me after the fight:

Card:158
Creature: 111
ATK Act: 46
Tech: 0
Assist: 1
DEF: 0
Guard: 0
Draw: 159
Turns: 89
Max DMG: 32 (Was using Rio and near the end I wanted to see how much Revenge would boost my AP, without any attack cards it was 36, but it was Guarded)
Max Combo: 1
Attack: 105
Attacked: 109
Give DMG: 265
Recv DMG: 1037
Destroy: 34
Destroyed: 104
Avg DMG: 9.5

So I took that and went to the Rank Calculator, added 18 for the SC Character damage (Barta'd with Viviana's TP Growth from a Dice Bonus of 9) and lo and behold, it said I should get an E with a score of -1006.70. So did the points wrap around when they got to -999 and just start subtracting from +999? Or is there some other reason that I'd get an S with stats such as those?

otana_uk
Jan 5, 2007, 10:26 PM
anyone?

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jan 6, 2007, 10:33 PM
thats complicated. I suggest that we all get online and simulate this battle, with emphais on the "all of us getting online" part.

We need to do it again to see if its a fluke/glitch.

Ryna
Jan 8, 2007, 06:36 PM
If I remember correctly, a large negative number is converted into a S-Rank - for whatever reason.