PDA

View Full Version : The snow - is it able to be disabled? =/

Remedy
Dec 25, 2006, 12:46 AM
It lags PSU if I have both Firefox and PSU running at the same time. jeM's forums did a snow effect, too, and it lagged PSU for me as well. Is there a way the snow can be disabled? Don't mean to sound like a grinch, but it's annoying - if only for the fact that it hurts playing PSU. =/

KojiroAK
Dec 25, 2006, 12:47 AM
On 2006-12-24 21:46, Remedy wrote:
It lags PSU if I have both Firefox and PSU running at the same time. jeM's forums did a snow effect, too, and it lagged PSU for me as well. Is there a way the snow can be disabled? Don't mean to sound like a grinch, but it's annoying - if only for the fact that it hurts playing PSU. =/

If you have Firefox Noscript (http://www.springhin.de/noscript)

Tomeeboy
Dec 25, 2006, 01:21 AM
Gimme a bit, I'll see if I can come up with a quick way to turn it off. In the meantime, I think it probably would help to minimize the web browser when you're actively playing the game (the same lag can result from Flash).

Also, the snow effect uses more CPU in Firefox. It works best in IE (sorry FF users, the best one I could find in terms of efficiency).

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 25, 2006, 02:01 AM
._. I hope one of your xmas presents was a better graphics card if this lags up psu for you XD

DoubleJG
Dec 25, 2006, 02:05 AM
I like the snow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 25, 2006, 02:09 AM
On 2006-12-24 23:01, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
._. I hope one of your xmas presents was a better graphics card if this lags up psu for you XD

Wow. This script block thing actually helps me alot o.o

ty oh mysterious firefox person!!! XD

Remedy
Dec 25, 2006, 02:34 AM
Haha, indeed, it helped greatly. Thanks!

And it's not graphics related, Alpha, it's CPU related. Yes, I'd like to rebuild my machine eventually, but I lack the fundage - tuition supercedes a new PC.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 25, 2006, 03:46 AM
funny i can have this page open with snow and 0 difference in PSU performance yet i get 2 lag spikes every 2 minutes one after another no matter if im in the heat of battle or sitting in my room ; ; gg geamguard or sonic team, or both actually.

Moo2u
Dec 25, 2006, 12:36 PM
Either way, don't get rid of the snow entierly. It's frickin' festive! ^_^

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 29, 2006, 07:01 PM
On 2006-12-25 00:46, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
funny i can have this page open with snow and 0 difference in PSU performance yet i get 2 lag spikes every 2 minutes one after another no matter if im in the heat of battle or sitting in my room ; ; gg geamguard or sonic team, or both actually.

That's probably from an especially CPU-heavy flash ad. Probably every two minutes it gets real active out of nowhere.

Ryna
Dec 29, 2006, 07:04 PM
On 2006-12-29 16:01, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

On 2006-12-25 00:46, AlphaMinotaux wrote:

That's probably from an especially CPU-heavy flash ad. Probably every two minutes it gets real active out of nowhere.

Actually, one of the PSU Gameguard updates is known to cause a massive lag spike every couple of minutes. I don't know whether it was ever fixed.