PDA

View Full Version : Cursed by Section Id?

BurnPilot
Nov 26, 2002, 10:22 AM
To make it short and sweet, I'm a RAmar with a Oran section id. So far I haven't found a single rare gun, not even a varisita. All I find are blades and such, which usually require to high of an ata for me to use (I can finally use a DB's Saber and I just passed level 60). Am I cursed to a life of only finding bladed weapons I can't use? Will I ever find a ranged weapon?

Mute
Nov 26, 2002, 10:28 AM
Well, if you play online, you can join up in other people's games, assuming they have a different ID than yours, and then just pray you get a red box with a little gun icon. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
Or... you could always trade all those blades to someone else for a decent gun.
If all else fails, make a Hunter. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BurnPilot
Nov 26, 2002, 11:00 AM
I actually play online quite a bit. Problem is that I tend to be closer to the back offering support with long range weapons and casting shifta/deband and resta if a force isn't there. As a result, I vary rarely see any red boxes and when I do they get snatched up before I can get to them. When I do manage to move forward a bit and find one it ALWAYS is a melee weapon. Often however, I am left picking through leftovers. The only thing that makes it not quite as bad is that a couple generous souls have given me a couple things out of the kindness of their heart. This was the only way I was able to get a Varisita and a Visk. I don't mind it since I enjoy the team aspect you can have in the game, but I would like the joy of finding something cool I can actually use for once.

Jae
Nov 26, 2002, 12:06 PM
Yup, you're cursed. I'm at lvl 85, and I've only found two Varistas on the ORAN ID, almost everything else is just daggers. The Varistas aren't exactly 'choice' RA stuff either. ONE time, Vol Opt did drop a Guilty Light, but that's about it. If you haven't leveled up too far it might be time to:

a) Make a hunter to use those blades (even though they suck).

b) Scrap your character and make one with a more useful ID for your RA.

c) Umm... there is no C. Nobody except low level characters will trade for those daggers. Believe me, I've tried.

TeamPhalanx
Nov 26, 2002, 12:09 PM
I like daggers... they're my fav one-on-one weapon.

Munki
Nov 26, 2002, 01:52 PM
On 2002-11-26 09:06, Jae wrote:
Yup, you're cursed. I'm at lvl 85, and I've only found two Varistas on the ORAN ID, almost everything else is just daggers. The Varistas aren't exactly 'choice' RA stuff either. ONE time, Vol Opt did drop a Guilty Light, but that's about it. If you haven't leveled up too far it might be time to:

a) Make a hunter to use those blades (even though they suck).

b) Scrap your character and make one with a more useful ID for your RA.

c) Umm... there is no C. Nobody except low level characters will trade for those daggers. Believe me, I've tried.

Jae, you can't ditch Len! She rocks! Well, if you do make a FOnewm, lemme know, we can hook up (got a 20 RAcaseal now). I will help you out with ChibiMunki as well.

Also, I love daggers, fav weapon in the game. Gonna have a HUcaseal just to use some.

Jae
Nov 26, 2002, 02:59 PM
On 2002-11-26 10:52, Munki wrote:
Jae, you can't ditch Len! She rocks! Well, if you do make a FOnewm, lemme know, we can hook up (got a 20 RAcaseal now). I will help you out with ChibiMunki as well.

Also, I love daggers, fav weapon in the game. Gonna have a HUcaseal just to use some.

Thanks for the encouragement, Munki. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif The call of the RA techs is just eating me up inside! It's just so discouraging that I lost my best weapons last night. I can never replace them with my ORAN and it's hard to trade for replacements if all I have is daggers and useless gear items. Not many are like Phalanx and yourself... liking daggers and all. Honestly, all of the weaps I've been using lately have come from SAILO and Ichigo.

Despite the ID, I'm still keeping Len around in case there's too many FO's on a team. I'll definitely hook up with you when it's time to build up my FOnewm... and just ask if you need daggers. I've been known to give away a dagger... or two or three. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif