PDA

View Full Version : noticed this about status effects

SolomonGrundy
Dec 25, 2006, 03:18 AM
Looks like the 'level' of jellen applied by the worms in Moatoob, and Neudiaz, is higher than the agtal/shfta provided by the stat booster item. I was hoping that using the stat booster item would allow me to ignore this part of te worms attack.

...nope...

PSO players will know exactly what I am talking about

Dymalos
Dec 25, 2006, 03:47 AM
Agtarides give you the highest level Agtal possible. 20% boost to Att/ATP for 4 minutes.

Itsuki
Dec 25, 2006, 09:28 AM
Actually, its a strange PSU mechanic that any level of a buff will overwrite the last buff on you. For example, if your friend has a level 3 buff (say... Agtal level 21+), and you have a level 1 buff (say, you're a guntecher, maxed agtal at 10).

So your friend casts his level 21+ agtal on you, and you get level 3 attack boost.

Now, if you cast your level 10 agtal, the level 1 attack boost will OVERWRITE the level 3 attack boost.

The same works for agdeal (jellen). And other such buffs and debuffs.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 25, 2006, 10:53 AM
On 2006-12-25 06:28, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Actually, its a strange PSU mechanic that any level of a buff will overwrite the last buff on you. For example, if your friend has a level 3 buff (say... Agtal level 21+), and you have a level 1 buff (say, you're a guntecher, maxed agtal at 10).

So your friend casts his level 21+ agtal on you, and you get level 3 attack boost.

Now, if you cast your level 10 agtal, the level 1 attack boost will OVERWRITE the level 3 attack boost.

The same works for agdeal (jellen). And other such buffs and debuffs.

I wonder if Sega would consider that a 'bug" in the game?

Also, Dymalos...is that right? the item for 150 meseya gives the same buff as a level 30 Agtal? that seems a wee bit to powerful (I thought it was the 'stage 2' buff)

Finally, I play a beast, and I don't really see that big of a damage difference when I use it, In PSO, sifta damge seems a lot more noticable. Especially level 30 shifta. Perhaps this is due to my low level?

Itsuki
Dec 25, 2006, 11:38 AM
Its only 20% increase. At low levels, that 20% might be in your damage range normally. Like, lets say you deal 100-120. With it you should deal 120-144. Some of the numbers may look like your old numbers, but overall, they're slightly higher.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 25, 2006, 12:01 PM
On 2006-12-25 08:38, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Its only 20% increase. At low levels, that 20% might be in your damage range normally. Like, lets say you deal 100-120. With it you should deal 120-144. Some of the numbers may look like your old numbers, but overall, they're slightly higher.

yep, that sounds about right. so it will get better then, as my ATP becomes better, and outshines weapon ATP (hello twin daggerrs, I'm looking at you here)

Mattardo
Dec 25, 2006, 03:51 PM
I tried your theory too once. I quickly came to the conclusion that using an attack booster to fight worms is just a waste unless you're standing far away and using a bow,etc. Otherwise the worms just knock off your effect with theirs. Oh well, I remember when you could (after being poisoned) just get poisoned again and it would cancel the effect.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 25, 2006, 10:53 PM
On 2006-12-25 12:51, Mattardo wrote:
Oh well, I remember when you could (after being poisoned) just get poisoned again and it would cancel the effect.

if you are talking about PSO, then I tink you mean when you were paralyzed, you could have the lillies poision you, and the paralysis would go away.

no luck with that here.