PDA

View Full Version : Power outtages and losing weapons...

Jae
Nov 26, 2002, 11:36 AM
Well, it was bound to happen. I wrecklessly carry my three best weapons at all times, and last night I lost them online to a power outtage. Anyway, I had a question. This isn't the first time I've experienced a power outtage while playing GCN PSO, but the first time was while I was offline with a friend. Of course we freaked, but we were quite happy when we found that we didn't lose anything except for the items we picked up AFTER our last save.

But what is it about online that makes you lose your weapons when your power goes out? What's the point of all those autosaves it does if they don't even protect the equipment you have? Anyone care to shed some light on this for me?

Now for my whining and begging session. This is what I lost:
Dragon Slayer +22 (group fights)
Yamato +18 (one-to-one)
Varista +25 (distance)

Anyone willing to replace this stuff (or better) in exchange for some of my other stuff? I don't have much to offer, other than my sincere gratitude, some stupid daggers, photon drops, monster parts, and other useless 'rares'. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I guess I should start carrying just ONE weapon from now on. Either that, or just use 'common' weaps online. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 26, 2002, 11:51 AM
Autosaves actually protect the equipment that you have... equipped :3.
A common problem with games is "dropping items without saving, but letting someone else pick them up". If you didn't lose items from turning off the power while online, you'd be able to create duplicates of items =@_@=;; Too bad this not only doesn't prevent 100% of item duplication, but also screws casual users :3.

Uhhh if you have power outage problems, consider investing in a UPS (uninterrupted power supply). A $50 UPS can give you enough time to save you character properly in the event of a power outage ;3.

Jae
Nov 26, 2002, 12:26 PM
Ohhh that makes sense I suppose. I was never on the DC version, so I don't know all of those little tricks, bugs, and whatnot. Sucks that it has to be that way, but I guess it's necessary.

A UPS? Last week, I would have probably said that it was costly and unnecessary. But now, I'm starting to think twice. Two storm/weather induced power outtages in three weeks... in Southern California no less! Who would have thought it possible?

PSO is starting to become a relatively expensive habit lol. Thanks for the advice Snap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2002-11-26 09:27 ]</font>

Rich_T
Nov 26, 2002, 01:55 PM
Alternatlivly you can keep all your unequiped stuff and money in the bank.

DJ_Monkey
Nov 26, 2002, 02:06 PM
Power companies are too lazy to make sure that the power doesn't stop. There should be some kind of law that punishes the power companies when the power goes out...

Get a UPS, because the power companies are too damn lazy to make sure their own power is secure.

DJ_Monkey
Nov 26, 2002, 02:12 PM
On 2002-11-26 08:36, Jae wrote:
Well, it was bound to happen. I wrecklessly carry my three best weapons at all times, and last night I lost them online to a power outtage. Anyway, I had a question. This isn't the first time I've experienced a power outtage while playing GCN PSO, but the first time was while I was offline with a friend. Of course we freaked, but we were quite happy when we found that we didn't lose anything except for the items we picked up AFTER our last save.

But what is it about online that makes you lose your weapons when your power goes out? What's the point of all those autosaves it does if they don't even protect the equipment you have? Anyone care to shed some light on this for me?

Now for my whining and begging session. This is what I lost:
Dragon Slayer +22 (group fights)
Yamato +18 (one-to-one)
Varista +25 (distance)

Anyone willing to replace this stuff (or better) in exchange for some of my other stuff? I don't have much to offer, other than my sincere gratitude, some stupid daggers, photon drops, monster parts, and other useless 'rares'. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I guess I should start carrying just ONE weapon from now on. Either that, or just use 'common' weaps online. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

If it makes you feel better, I have a spare G-Assassin's Sabers +25 on me. How many Photon Drops do you have, and what monster parts do you have?

Just wondering...

Munki
Nov 26, 2002, 02:26 PM
Jae,

I would be willing to donote my VARISTA +9 to the 'Keep Len around Fund'. Lemme know if and when you get another tho, as Fei Chi Yun will miss it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Look me up, or, message me on AIM or Yahoo IM when you want to meet up.

AIM-MunkiBall
YahooIM - Munki_baller

Or just look me up when you get online... I'll be on a lot this morning or tomorrow.

Zae
Nov 26, 2002, 02:51 PM
Zae is the best
And he knows all the history of PSO
Oh Yeah

Jae
Nov 26, 2002, 05:34 PM
A couple of replies:

DJ_Monkey:
I actually still have a pair of Grass Assassins, but they're just not grinded. Thanks for the offer though. Do you have any other HU-friendly weaps that I could make use of? Just for reference, I have a grand total of 7 photon drops (wow lol) and umm... as for monster parts, I only have the common ones like rappy wings, booma and gobooma stuff, delsaber left arm, and a hidebear cane (which I'm indefinitely keeping for the FO). Sorry, my rares list is kind of weak. The rest of my 'rare' HU stuff isn't even worth mentioning.

Munki:
Thanks again for the words of encouragement. I'd rather you keep the Varista for now. I can make do with a Lockgun until I stumble upon something better. In fact, if you like I have a Visk I could let you play around with until you outgrow it. I think I might have other RA stuff you could use, I'll have to check. I couldn't really IM you when I want to meet up... since I use dialup to connect heh. But I'll be sure to hook up with you for a round or two when I'm on.

Thanks again.

DJ_Monkey
Nov 26, 2002, 10:32 PM
On 2002-11-26 14:34, Jae wrote:
A couple of replies:

DJ_Monkey:
I actually still have a pair of Grass Assassins, but they're just not grinded. Thanks for the offer though. Do you have any other HU-friendly weaps that I could make use of? Just for reference, I have a grand total of 7 photon drops (wow lol) and umm... as for monster parts, I only have the common ones like rappy wings, booma and gobooma stuff, delsaber left arm, and a hidebear cane (which I'm indefinitely keeping for the FO). Sorry, my rares list is kind of weak. The rest of my 'rare' HU stuff isn't even worth mentioning.I have a Booma Claw +15, and several Kaladbolgs. I was going to give you the G-Assassin's Sabers+25 for 5 of those drops, since it would be easier than going around finding grinders. I don't need that weapon, since I have a Yamato+31 right now.

mystic_knight
Nov 26, 2002, 11:36 PM
Wow....I just have to say, you PSO people are nice! Try askin for somethin on EverQuest and see how many people wanna beat your face in. Even if they did give you something it would be some crappy common drop you could get in a few levels anyway. I heard from a friend that the people were nice (i havent been online yet, no modem =( ), but sheesh, didnt think people helped others without needing a lot in return. If you ever play EverQuest you will understand what i mean, people are real greedy on there.

Drayma
Nov 27, 2002, 02:31 AM
Battery backups i think they are called and don't cost alot, you get them for your PC but its yours to do with whatever you want. I think you should get one.

Shrevn
Nov 27, 2002, 05:25 AM
If you see me around (name on siggy and PIC!!! wow) umm lol just tell me your from psow if i dont remem yer name and ill hoop u up http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Maelkith
Nov 27, 2002, 07:39 AM
so far i have given away 2 guilty lights, 4 secret gears, 5 dbs sabers, 4 varistas, tons of rare slicers, many medgid and grants discs, 3 proto regens, a dbs armor, a custom frame and a regene gear adv. if its not useful-- why keep it. on vrs 1 and 2 storm season was always bad and i used to resupply lots of unfortunate players.

Jae
Nov 27, 2002, 11:51 AM
Wow, I never expected any support for my situation! You guys are truely a class act.

DJ_Monkey,
I don't think I'll be needing the Kalad and GAssassins. Thanks though. I managed to come into a Last Survivor and a brand new Varista. Imagine that. Not quite what I used to have, but it'll have do until I'm ready to take on Ult online.

Wobba,
I've seen you around sometimes. Thanks for the offers. Weaps are weaps, and eventually I've find better ones. Forget all of this 9 and 10 star junk lol. I wouldn't ask for anything of you really, except maybe to play a round or two with me in Ult when I'm strong enough.

Maelkith,
I'm like the junior version of you lol, except my giveaways are weak stuff like fake Flowens, DB's, daggers, low level techs, meseta and fluids. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm seriously going to look into that battery backup thing. If not, then the UPS for sure.