PDA

View Full Version : ok, how much dark resist needed for C rank?

SolomonGrundy
Dec 25, 2006, 10:47 PM
You know those irritating creatures on Parnum that shoot megids? (arba, I think they are called?), well they ruin my mission rank every time when they spawn in groups...

the megids kills me quite often (1/3)

So 2 questions...how much dark resist on my armor is needed to protect me, AND, does high MST help resist megids death dealing effect?

Dymalos
Dec 25, 2006, 11:39 PM
That would depend on your MST. If you are able to completely negate the damage you recieve from the megid ball, then you will no longer be subject to the instant death. You can accomplish this by a combination of high MST and Dark Resist. On Linear Line S, for example if you are currently taking about 50 points of damage from the Megid then expect to require around 25-30% Dark resist to negate it. To get there consider using a Rabol Tero which has 21% Dark Resist from the Tenora Works shop and pairing it with the Mega / Rainbow unit, which adds an additional 8% on top of that

SolomonGrundy
Dec 26, 2006, 12:08 AM
bummer...I'm taking about 100 from megids currently. That seems like a lot, comsidering I'm wearing B the rank armor, Rabol Welda.

I guess I should save up for higher B rank armor, AND the rainbow unit, or maybe craft a Rabol with Dark resist.

Does rainbow/well help if your armor does not have any elemental resist?

Dymalos
Dec 26, 2006, 12:14 AM
It gives you a flat reduction of 8% against damage from any element.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 26, 2006, 12:38 AM
On 2006-12-25 21:14, Dymalos wrote:

Thanks man, for patiently answering my n00b questions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Off to the craft shop for me!

SolomonGrundy
Dec 26, 2006, 12:40 AM
On 2006-12-25 21:14, Dymalos wrote:

Thanks man, for patiently answering my n00b questions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Off to the craft shop for me!

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 26, 2006, 05:43 AM
dont quote me on this but I think the rainbow unit from how its worded and also how it seems in game only boost your armors element by 8% so if you have a 30% dark armor on and use it you have 38% dark armor now.

however when I had it on with a neutral armor it seemed like it did nothing.

so its my guess it wont give you 8% to all elements like you say but rather only boost your armors native element type. In other words it wont be a resist/all and also its usless in a non elemental armor.

Sombody should look into it probably as I have not tested it but its my theory from what I have noted in game.

Natrokos
Dec 26, 2006, 11:15 AM
What about STA? I thought that was your SE modifier?

Itsuki
Dec 26, 2006, 01:49 PM
STA affects the application rate. It will never make you immune, but it can give you an extra few hits before you die from it.

Also, I'm pretty sure TP works the same as ATP. So, every 5 points of MST will reduce the damage by 1 point. And the elemental resist will take it off the top. This is my understanding of it atleast.

So, lets say it would normally deal 200. A decent leveled fortecher will have something like 400 MST. And lets say you're wearing some armor that has 25% dark resist and an extra 100 MST. The megid should be reduced to 50 damage. Or 34 with a rainbow on. You'd need an extra 170 MST, or 17% dark resist or some combination of both of them.

That doesn't mean MST is worthless, you can't ever become immune without high MST. You just happen to need very high MST for this to happen. Seeing as your character is a beast hunter though, I wouldn't ever expect to become immune to any megid anywhere. Outside of newman and maybe human, and outside of the fortecher and guntecher class, theres not many people that cases where you can become immune.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 26, 2006, 05:18 PM
That doesn't mean MST is worthless, you can't ever become immune without high MST.

what about the original posters assertion that a 20-something % armor will knock that damage down to zero, was he wrong?

Also, i'm not sure armor resist works that way; my anecdotal evidence.

I have C rank armor, and B rank armor. The C-rank has 20 odd percent dark resist. The B rank has nothing, but offers 15 more DFP. When I do B rank linear line missions with the C-rank armor, I getting hit for 20-30. When I do them with the "improved" C-rank Armor, I get hit for double that.

This is with regular attacks, not with techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2006-12-26 15:00 ]</font>

Itsuki
Dec 26, 2006, 05:38 PM
We weren't talking about regular attacks though, we were talking about megid (which is a tech).

SolomonGrundy
Dec 26, 2006, 06:03 PM
On 2006-12-26 14:38, Itsuki-chan wrote:
We weren't talking about regular attacks though, we were talking about megid (which is a tech).

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif well fine, if you are going to make me stick to my original topic question!

thanks again. I'll dry run my c-rank armor tonight, and post the results. (can't wait until I find a hunter weapon that will slow those guys down)